Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Killed Taurus Demon. Am I supposed to get a demon soul? Anything? He just died via melee and I went about my way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Trying to beat Capra Demon after a long, stressful day of work isn't wise.

This might be heresy but I prefer the stages in Demon's Souls to the open world. Also, I know it's early but I haven't seen anything as terrifying as the Tower of Latria, specifically the 2nd stage, yet.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Ughh, finally beat Capra but fell into a pit of frogs who cursed me. I have no idea where New Londo is. What can I do to uncurse myself besides going there?

Boosh! fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 6, 2011

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Cake Attack posted:

Go to the Deepwood grove and beat the boss of the area (The moonlight Butterfly) You'll get a key for doing this that unlocks the door in the watchtower before the taurus demon, beat another boss in this area to get another key that unlocks a door in the same area that takes you to the depths. Deepwood Grove is next to the blacksmith.

Is that the place where you need to 20k soul key? Is there an alternative to buying this key?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
From the OP on curing the curse: "Then trade one red invasion stone with the crow for two purging stones."

How do you trade with the crow?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Rasamune posted:

Drop the item you want to trade; if the crow responds positively, quit the game and reload. Your dropped item will be gone and your new item will be lying on the ground.

Am I supposed to drop in in the nest on the old asylum? I've lost 2 Cracked Red Orbs already

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

The Moon Monster posted:

Also: Don't drop it in the big nest that the giant crow drops you in, drop it in a smaller nest with a talking crow near there.

Ahh that's why suppose. Where's the little nest?

edit: Found it, fingers crossed (he didn't crow)

edit: Woot! thank LAWD!

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Any tips on Hydra for melee? Not sure if it's a bug or not but when I get close I just fall through the water

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
I'm a Knight and got a pyromancy hand and bought some spells but cannot use. Says there is no prereq for either but I cannot cast anything. What gives?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Thievery posted:

Did you attune them?

Hmmm, insufficient attunement slots it says

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
How do you forge a lightning weapon? I have a +5 Halberd and, possibly foolishly, burnt another ember with Andrei to make fire weps which I do not want.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

The.GreyWolf posted:

It doesn't. The curse frogs petrify you.

Man, I'm going to deliberately curse myself just to do New Londo Ruins even though I read tat area isn't necessary. Sigh

Couple of questions:

The smith in Anor Londo (I haven't been there yet) makes lightning weapons correct?

How do I go abut getting more red orbs to (unsuccessfully) invade someone.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Shumagorath posted:

Don't do it. Get that Firekeeper's soul and run away screaming. It's such a pain in the rear end.

Ahh thanks, I at least got the Firekeeper soul before drowning. Is there nothing else worth getting there? Anything scenic?!

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Volitaire posted:

Ya know I've had this drat Moonlight soul forever, I guess its time I do something with it. I'll try that out see how it goes.

What shield do I need to upgrade to for this (Crystal Ring Shield)? Any shield?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Filthy Monkey posted:

Valley of the drakes won't help you much. I would suggest getting to work on Sen's fortress, or work on creating a fire weapon. The drake blade starts showing its age real fast after you ring both bells. Sen's fortress will net you a lightning spear and put you on the right story path, while the catacombs blacksmith can help you make a fire weapon. Up to you which you would prefer.

I haven't been to Sen's yet but I do have a +10 halberd which I planned on making Lightning. Should I use it for something else since there's a lightning spear to be had soon? I have loads of green titanite shards FWIW, not sure where to cash those in though.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Rang the bell in Queelag's and found the door to the Chaos covenant. joined but speared that bulbous FREAK by accident, sigh! How do I get outta Blighttown?

EDIT: Ah jeez, I got this slime for a head now. How do I get this off me?

Boosh! fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 12, 2011

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Deamon Ruins: I killed the Taurens but cannot seem to get this loot that's on the side of the wall, guarded by lava. I can't seem to run up to it. Any tips?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Killed S&O with help but took down Ornstein first and I got Smough's soul. Am I boned out of the dragonslayer spear? :(

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Can't seem to even touch one of the Four Kings with my Lightning Halberd. Do I need to use something else?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Megasabin posted:

Pretty sure I'm the biggest dickhead alive. I'm camping the bonfire before Gravelord Nito in the tombs of giants and invading people's worlds as a darkwraith. These people are not prepared to deal it at all in that god forsaken area. I'm averaging 20,000 souls a kill because they just finished clearing the area. Then I use the gained humanity to kindle my bonfire so that when I fight Nito I'll have a million flasks ready.

Forgive my n00bness but I just joined the Darkwraiths and bought about 20 red stones. Does it work like Demon's, where you use it and invades only people in your zone or is it world wide? If it's the former, where should a level 51 use it at for optimal invasion frequency?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Filthy Monkey posted:

Really though, you should probably have a fire weapon and a lightning weapon anyway. There are major bosses resistant to each. Fire takes the less in demand red chunks/slabs, so you don't really have any excuse not to make one. I don't feel like getting to zweihander strength at the moment, so I am using a lightning claymore and a fire halberd. Works well.

Is this true? I heard that fire stuff is buried in Lost Izalith (i burned the only 2 on a Falchion of all things ughh).

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Using the darkwraith dark hand soul suck attack on an invading player and then kicking them off a bridge is the best feeling.

Is that the only way to level up in this covenant? Not kill the guy you're invading but to use this hand to soul suck?

Also, besides the ones in the Old Asylum, where can I get mats for upgrading Fire weapons past +5?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
How is Lost Izalith a level? gently caress!
How do I beat those dinos with melee at the beginning?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Just got my Dark armor set after farming 30 Humanity. Is this something you would burn your twinkling ore for?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

RBA Starblade posted:

So with Lost Izalith did From look at Elder Scrolls and think "Hmm, Oblivion was an interesting place, but you know what it needed? EVEN MORE BLOOM"?

My eyes were literally red and sensitive as hell after that.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
What does using demon titanite on my crystal ring shield do? Goign to guess it doesn't up damage, correct?

Also, I burned all my twinkling titanite on my antiquated skirt. Wise?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

lohli posted:

It definitely increases the damage, and by more than just the 10 or whatever damage it says it does, I'm assuming it increases the multiplier used when calculating the damage from the right hand.

I think it was rumoured to do 2x RH damage?

Thanks, and yes it seems to do 2x the RH damage.

One more question (for now): The octopii dudes in lost Izalith are the one mobs that drop Red Titanite chunks correct? Besides the one-time-drops from the knights in Old Asylum. I wasted 2 chunks on a Flachion which I hate.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

lohli posted:

You can get chunks by doing PVP in the forest, at least I have been able to get a pretty good number of chunks and large shards by invading as part of the forest hunters covenant.

Oh wow, first I've heard of that, thanks man. Safe to leave Darkwraith, join the forest covenant, leave that and return to the Darkwraiths in the future right?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Dr. Abysmal posted:

You can safely leave any covenant for another and come back later and rejoin. I believe you lose a rank with them if you leave though. Just don't attack any of their members and you'll be fine.

Ooof, I'll pass I think. Grinded 30 Humanity to get where I am.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

darkhand posted:

So I buy Smough's armor from the guy in the aquaduct right?

Where's the aquaduct?

I know it's not ideal but I don't want to give up my Dark armor but no piece seems exceptional to me.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

GreenAcidRage posted:

It's the first tunnel you go through into the undead burg.

The lady who sells humanity and the curse cure consumables? Man, I haven't been back there in ages.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

NoneSuch posted:

Once you get everything going the pvp in this is actually better than Demon's Souls so far. I've been invading as much as possible and it's surprising how little bullshit there actually is, though when you do meet the fog ring dude or the laggy guy who backstabs you from the front and spells are invsisible it's a swearing moment.

Maybe I am lame but I've been disconnecting vs fog ring invaders; it's just not fun.

Houdini posted:

Is the only way to get humanity to farm rats? gently caress that.

You can only buy humanity once from the merchant in the sewer apparently. :negative:

Baby skeletons right before Nito in the Tomb of the Giants. Word of advice: farm what you need if you have a goal (30 humanity to get my dark set for instance). Once you beat Nito, to get back to that farm spot you'll need to trudge through the Catacombs and the Tomb again.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Yodzilla posted:

^^ is there a secret to getting past all of the rolling skeletons? just be good at dodging?

You can dodge but have your back near a wall so they slam into it, allowing you to attack. Or if you're a tank, you can just absorb it with your shield.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Anyone in the Dragon covenant? I ditched Darkwraiths for this but not many people are hitting my Dragon Eye sign.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Farming in lost Izalith (ugh!)

How many chunks are needed to go from Fire weapon level 7 - 9? I'm guessing 6?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Every non-demon/twinkling/scale weapon upgrade tier follows the same pattern - 1,1,2,2,3 (with the exception of the final, which is a slab instead of 3 chunks).

Also if you want to farm for chunks, it's much less painful at the very end area of the game. It's all black knights, they respawn unlike normal black knights, and they have a very high chance of dropping a chunk of a random colour (nearly always).

Awesome, thank you. It looks like I just need one more.

Question: the black knights are in the First Kiln? I'm dicking around before I enter an area of no return. If I open the First Kiln, I can still get out correct? All I have left before Gwyn is Seathe so I am close to endgame, just messing with PVP atm.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Melee users, what is your optimal end game, PVP outfit? I've got all the armor sets except for Dragonslayer, including a maxed out Antiquated skirt. Assuming I farm out Twinkling Titanite, is there an ideal melee outfit?

FWIW, I do have Darkwraith armor and Smough's (ugh!).

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

There are several sets that are really decent fully upgraded.

Black Iron is basically equivalent to Smough's in the Heavy category, weighing slightly less but giving slightly less poise

In medium you have Lautrec's Embraced, Kirk's Thorns, Black Knight, Ornstein's, and the Catarina all being great sets with slightly varying levels of resistance to weight/poise. Darkwraith is almost comparable to all of these, so if you like it you might as well upgrade it.

In light you have Antiquated, Witch Beatrice, Big Hats, and Hollow Thief (personal favorite but probably not that good) also being great.

So yeah go with something you like to look at because chances are fully upgraded your armor is pretty good!

Thanks for the info man. Much appreciated.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Paladin is also a great medium set if you know how to get it!

I don't know how!

edit: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Paladin+Leeroy

Bah! Next time.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Where in Firelink is Sieglinde of Catarina? I rescued her from the golden golem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Kiln of the first flame is high level duel central. I'm getting smoked alive.

edit: Got 4 shot by a shotel user

Boosh! fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 26, 2011

• Locked thread