Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Im sitting at SL 37 and seemingly need to go into Blighttown. My first trek in there was a bit of a mess as I was hit with Toxin almost immediately. I cant really afford to buy many of the Flowering Mosses, and farming them is just an exercise in frustration. Where should I be going to rack up a decent number of souls to get ready for this?

Also, is there any item that lets you lock onto 'invisible' NPCs? Thats honestly the worst thing I've seen in this game in terms of complete and total bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Rascyc posted:

Depths soul farming is pretty good if you are an expert at dodging curses. Otherwise you can do the soul geometry abuse in the heart of the forest at Darkroot Garden if you unlocked the door. I'm not too sure if there's really any super spots.

To be honest though, SL 37 is pretty good for Blighttown. I did most of Blighttown at like SL 34. Did you get the shield in the Depths that blocks toxin (at least when you are guarding)? That might help you a bit.

Keep in mind the toxin throwers stay permanently dead once you kill them.

No, I must have missed that in the Depths.

Care to elaborate a bit on the Darkroot Garden thing?

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Where do most people head after finishing up Blighttown?

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Probably got missed in how fast the thread moves, but where did most people go after finishing Blighttown?

I came back to clear everything out, since I initially took the shortcut and can't seem to get the loot thats on the other side of this polyp lookin thing hanging on the wall. I hit it with firebombs that did nothing, am I intended to just roll past it?

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

How the hell do I get to the Eagle Shield? I've been combing all around these stupid pillars in Blighttown but can't figure it out. I'm sure once I see it it will be obvious but right now :angry:

Also, where did most of you go after Blighttown?

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

keyframe posted:

Back up the elevator to the valley of drakes and firelink shrine from there.

I meant in terms of which area should I head to.

Also, this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YHJm4BEiHI#t=1m40s

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

keyframe posted:

Sens fortress is next after you rang both bells.

Thanks, I headed there but they seemed a it tough for me. Ill just stick it out this time.

Any help WRT the Eagle Shield?

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

evilalien posted:

It's tough until you get the weapon in there and then it becomes a lot more manageable. Just stick with it.

The eagle shield location is really hard to narrow down. Start from the upper Blighttown bonfire and work your way down. There is a path that takes you up a pillar and then you walk down a slanting slope to get to the shield. I know that doesn't really narrow it down much.

Oh,so its not the glowy thats hanging out on the middle section of the stone pillars there? I've been going after that for about 20 minutes.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Yep, this loving narrow pathway gauntlet in Anor Londo is complete and total bullshit. I even managed to snipe one of them down and on my way to the other one his bolt threw me sideways, even though it hit me dead loving on.

I honestly dont recall anything even approaching this level of cheap in Demons Souls and the fact that it made it in is just infuriating.

Anybody mind posting that diagram from earlier?

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Ixjuvin posted:

^^^ just run like hell, once you reach the ledge roll towards the guy on the right, once you get up in his grill he will try to attack you and fall off. Don't bother with the other one just gtfo, the item he's guarding is only a soul item anyways.

Do NPC Black Phantoms not show up once you've defeated an area boss? I really wanted Kirk's thorn armor :(

I've tried this three times and every time he just keeps shooting when I'm hitting him.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Filthy Monkey posted:

You definitely want to roll to him on the ledge, in order to dodge any fire. Keep your shield up when you get right next to him though. He might shoot you once or twice still, but then he'll switch to melee. Then just try to edge him off the ledge. Don't bother attacking.

That did it, thanks for the help guys!

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Finally loving killed Ornstein and Smough all on my own, what a rough fight. So far, the biggest thing Im noticing from Demons Souls is that rolling is almost entirely pointless. With the way bosses 'track' the player rolling seems to result in getting nailed more often than not. I think it takes a bit of the strategy and skill out of boss fights, but whatever the game still owns.

Where should I head next if I wanna try out this Darkwraith Covenant?

Also, gently caress getting Ornstein's soul. He's such an insufferable gently caress in phase 2.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

thoraxfetish.com posted:

You can avoid just about anything with rolling; time your rolls closer to when the attack hits, not when the enemy is winding up.

I just dont recall DeS monsters piviting so much the way these guys do. Once they're feet were set it seemed like that was the cue to move. Everything in DaS will glide around with both feet set to redirect.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

What the christ can I do to make the Tomb of the Giants less of an infuriating loving mess? I can kill the large skeletons fine, but if there's ever more than one I'm totally hosed. Are they weak to fire or anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Anybody have a short list of things to do before you finish the game? Which NPC's should I go back and kill etc?

• Locked thread