Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

Gilgameshback posted:

So is the consensus that scaling is slightly better than elemental damage over the long term? If I'm going for a fairly high strength build would I be better off with a +15 zweihander instead of a lightning +5 zwei? Does anyone use fire?

I think Chaos is slightly more potent than Fire at 10 humanity. Dunno if you're looking to do PvP but most people have higher fire defense than lightning so lightning is generally the better choice as an elemental. The problem with elemental is the split damage means it has to go through two defense stats in order to hit someone. A strength build with a Zwei +15 for example will have a lower total attack rating but still hit just as hard or a little harder than a lightning Zwei because there's only one defense it has to get through. Plus you can still buff it as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Souls PvP is my favorite part of these games but it's by no means perfect. Both games are horribly unbalanced and certain builds are vastly easier to win with. I have a black knight build and a dex/faith build with a win percentage probably less than 15%. My latest moonlight greatsword build can manage closer to 80% wins just by running into range, eating shots and spamming two handed R1 attacks. It doesn't change the fact that there still are ways to win against technically superior builds and it feels awesome when you finally do. Especially the first time you win against 2 or 3 gankers.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

EC posted:

Doesn't that require 50 STR? Seems like there would be better weapons at that point, even with the FTH scaling.

I know the law of diminishing returns says to stop leveling a stat at 40, or 50 if something requires it. For sorcery, does increasing INT past 50 cause more damage? I can find surprisingly little about it on the wikis.

Diminishing returns generally start around 35-40 but picking one stat to push up to 50 or higher is pretty normal for specialized builds. You'll still see a noticeable difference out of it. INT is probably the one stat that there isn't that much point to increase much though unless you want to use White Dragon's Breath (due to the numerous magic augmentation items in the game). People generally suggest 44 (for Crystal Soul Spear) but anything above 30 will be pretty good with the Tin Crystallization or Logan's Catalyst and Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring/Crown of Dusk. A Moonlight Greatsword build however benefits greatly from as much INT as can be afforded due to the S scaling.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

EC posted:

Right now I'm rocking Logan's catalyst, bellowing Dragoncrest ring, and the crown of dusk. My INT is at 50, and if I'm understanding you correctly going above that probably won't do much for increasing my sorcery damage, especially considering the amount of souls it takes. Is that correct?

Pretty much. Any more points in INT probably won't make that big a difference. If you still want to make some more damage you should consider the Power Within Pyromancy as well as the Red Tearstone Ring. Both at once plus 50INT and other equipment would be crazy powerful.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Lord of Laughton posted:

Join the forest hunters. They'll find people for you to pvp against pretty quickly, though it might not always be a fair fight.

The forest is pretty much my favorite PvP spot. It gets a bad rap due to the ganking that goes on but the people doing it are usually idiots and pretty easy to split up and take care of. Best way I've found is to lure them into the Treant area and pick them off while they're dealing with them. If the Treants are dead then the bridge next to Alvina is a good choke point. It's also possible to jump off the ledge to the right of Alvina's building and land near the mushroom pond. A lot of times they'll try to follow you and fall to their death. Hiding and waiting for another phantom to show up works pretty well too.

It's also the best place to get souls because the farmers often have nothing to do with their souls but level up so you'll pretty commonly get a couple hundred thousand souls after taking out the right guy. It's a good place to rack up indictments as well if you're a Darkwraith. If you beat a hyper-leveled guy who had phantoms you're pretty much guaranteed to get one.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Ledneh posted:

It seems in this game even moreso than in Demon's Souls, forgoing a shield in favor of a 2H weapon like a Zweihander is a really bad idea. Is this so?

Depends more on your armor and weapon. Blocking with any greatsword will provide decent protection (usually around 60% physical damage). It's best to use heavy armor with it like Giant's, Smough's or Havel's.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
You can also pretty easily cheese the Lautrec fight by bringing a bow and aggroing/killing his phantoms before engaging him.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Just did some PvP in the forest. Invaded a guy with a phantom who must have been around level 600 something. Managed to finish both of them and got like 1.5 million souls. That's never happened before. Forest rules.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

potaties posted:

This is my first time coming back to the game since getting Plat a few months ago, but the siren call is luring me back. I'm too much of a baby idiot for a SL1 run, but I'm SL12 and I'm working through at a good clip. How impossible is the Four Kings fight at this low of a level now that Iron Flesh has been nerfed? I'm just getting ready to go into Sen's Fortress, but I'm worried that the Four Kings is going to be the end of me. I'm strong enough to use a Zweihander 2H, should I bother making it Fire for that fight, or is there some other good way to work that fight?

Also, how easy is it to join games with your friends now that 1.05 hit? I heard it's significantly easier to see people's signs, but I haven't tested it with my buddy yet.

I finished a SL1 run last week and imo 4 Kings is not possible to tank with no vitality and mobility. Iron Flesh is severely nerfed since the patch, almost completely useless in fact. I was one-shotted by the magic projectile attack and the horizontal slash attack while wearing full Giant's +5. I ended up going naked and it was way easier. If you're up close they won't use the projectile attack, all their physical attacks are very telegraphed and their AOE attack is easy to back away from with a couple fast/ninja rolls. This worked fine with a Lightning Hand Axe +5. Never fought than one king at a time. Elemental Zwei should work even better.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Fargin Icehole posted:

I found Seath to be one of the easiest bosses If you basically don't lock on to him and try to damage him near the right tentacle (when you are facing him). I simply moved to the right far enough so that he would face you, but not too far where he will try to stomp you with his tails.

It's all because I didn't wear heavy armor. I had way more trouble the first time with Havel's armor. I took way too much time being on the defensive and being forced to block most of his curse-ridden crystals. Below 50% equip load I was able to control the fight from the very beginning.

This. You can avoid being hit at all just by continually running toward one of his tentacles and slashing at it. He'll keep spinning to face you and his crystal attacks will always be out of range. Long as you don't go past the tentacle he won't do his rage smash attack.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

These Loving Eyes posted:

I've rang the both bells now, sitting at level 34 with 15 VIT, 14 ATT, 18 END, 20 STR, 14 DX, 16 INT and 8 FAI. I'm using the Gold-Hemmed Black Cloack as my overall armor, a 7+ Spider Shield and the Drake Sword.

How long until I get something that could replace the Drake Sword in terms of my stats? I could level up my strenght a little bit, but I'd rather keep my level low for maximum summoning and invading.

Considering you have 16 INT pretty much any Magic weapon will be way better than the Drake Sword at this point. All you need is a Normal +5 weapon and some green shards to make a Magic weapon. Green shards drop from the leeches in Blighttown pretty regularly. Two drops will get you all the way to Magic +5. The blacksmith at the beginning of New Londo Ruins does Magic/Enchanted upgrades btw.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Having Gwyn use the Old Monk mechanic would have been best IMO. Light the opponents weapon on fire and have them wear Gwyn's armor (w/ no rings and derp masks of course).

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Bellend Sebastian posted:

I've just started to get into invasions but it's pretty much impossible to do anything. Is the netcode really that crap, or is my connection just bad? Not had a single fight where I haven't been lagstabbed and fighting against people who aren't where it thinks they are.

Probably 90% of the time I get "lagstabbed," I was fishing for a backstab myself. It's probably a coin flip rather than faulty netcode when it comes to latency and both characters are just barely behind each other in their own game. One big sign that you are about to get lagstabbed is if you and your opponent are circling in and their character starts pointing away from you. It means they are likely already to your side or back so it's best not to keep circling. It happens a lot less if I keep my range more effectively and try for standard shots and parries.

Doing effective backstabs in PvP is much safer if you use "roll-backstabs." Basically, you roll towards someone's shield hand and break your lock-on so that you end up behind them. Turn toward them and backstab.

Also, a good strategy for dealing with backstab fishers is to do something counter-intuitive, but it works really well. If someone is close to you and circling, two hand your weapon, break lock-on, turn around and slash once or twice. If they made it behind you they likely already dropped their shield and get stunned. Greatswords like the Murakumo or Claymore work best for this since they are somewhat quick and stunlock well.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Dewgy posted:

Doesn't that just mean he hasn't cashed out in a while? I didn't know you could tell someone's SL from how many souls you got out of killing them.

The souls you get during invasions are based on the opponents soul level, not their banked souls. If you invade someone and kill them you get 10% of the souls they needed for their next level up. If you kill an invader in your world you get 50%.

The SL mini-calc here can tell you what level your kill was.
http://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/dark-souls-calculators/mini-calcs

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Count Bleck posted:

I think the only spell that requires a boss soul is the Sunlight Spear, Pyromancy is literally the easiest to earn because Pyromancy requires zero investment into stats and only into upgrades for your Flame.

Save Laventrius, go to Blighttown and kill Quelaag, join the Chaos Sister Covenant, get Eggheaded.

Bam, you can now buy almost every single pyromancy, the only ones you can't buy are Power Within, which you get on the way to Quelaag anyway, and all the pyromancies in Lost Izalith, as well as I believe one in the Painted World by Xeramiah.

There's also Fire Tempest, which I've missed before. Quelana will ask you to do her a favor and give it to you once it's done. I have to get her to ask before fighting Bed of Chaos or she disappears for some reason.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Sanzuo posted:

Has anyone ever seen a titanite slab drop from those darkwraiths in new londo?

I got 2 inside an hour on one character. I had maxed out item discovery at the time. Another character doing to same thing couldn't find any. My current character got one yesterday just running through to fight the Four Kings with 0 humanity.

If you want slabs I've gotten the best results from the crystal lizards in the Great Hollow. There's 10 in total there and I seem to get 1-3 slabs when doing it. I always keep 410 discovery when killing them but no idea if that actually helps anything.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

notZaar posted:

Didn't they patch this out? Or can you still cut off his tail while the rest of his HP regenerates?

I think they made it easier to get if anything. I've fought that dragon in melee a few times and randomly gotten the sword when it's close to death. Not every time but two times now and without ever hitting the tail.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Lizard Wizard posted:

No, you pump STR to 16 and buy the Bastard Sword from Andre! :eng101:

Bastard Sword rules. Running a +15 on my quality build. At 40Str/40Dex it's still tearing through everything in NG++. Range isn't as good as the Claymore but it's got that awesome overhead smash like the Zwei.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Sanzuo posted:

Holy poo poo. I was human but now I am suddenly undead and there are black phantom versions of normal enemies everywhere, what is going on??

You got Gravelorded. It can happen while human or hollowed. If you can find a black summon sign on the ground somewhere you can invade whoever did it and fight them. If you win the black phantoms go away. Two other people are Gravelorded at the same time as you so they can beat him for as well.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Sanzuo posted:

Is the effect limited to a certain area? Or could the black sign be anywhere in the world? If so then do I have to wait until I just happen to find it?

Not sure but I think it's limited to one area as long as the Gravelord is still actively cursing your world, so he should be in the area with the phantom enemies (possibly hiding in an out of the way area). One thing to watch out for is disconnecting from the net while black phantoms are around. There's a glitch that sometimes causes them to permanently stay in your game and move to every area you go to until you sign back in and it finds the Gravelord died or left.

I've noticed that the black summon sign tends to move around and follow where the Gravelord is in his world so that makes it a little easier to spot if he's actively fighting someone. Also, be wary of dying while black phantoms are in the area. You are supposed to lose half of the souls you had when getting back to your bloodstain (the lost half goes to the Gravelord) but the Covenant is kind of broken right now so it may not happen.

EDIT: Oh almost forgot, you'll know the Gravelord either died or stopped cursing your world if a message pops up that says "Disasters are gone after the defeat of the Gravelord Servant."

MysteryNad fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Mar 25, 2012

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

EC posted:

This is hilarious. The only time I ever get those messages is when I'm invading or waiting to assist, and they're always gone when I get back. I even went hunting for them, but looked around the entire forest without seeing one.

Yeah, the Covenant is pretty broken. It used to take hours to actually curse somebody. I've been cursed a dozen times according to those messages and never seen black phantoms, like ever.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Meatsicle posted:

So I'm starting over as a Pyro too, since I kinda hosed up my Wanderer with stupid stat placement and wasting 2 firekeeper souls by accident and I'm really pissed cause I just lost like 13 humanity and 14k souls on the cabra demon.

I kinda don't want to get the drake sword this time around. Is the winged spear a good early game weapon? Not sure if I want to go str or dex. Dex weapons seem like they have better combos, but being able to power through shield defenses with a claymore is pretty boss. Also, is there some trick to dodging that I'm not getting? It seems like I dodge attacks, but they hit me anyway. Also, mobs that do loving 180s to follow my roll and home in on me with their attacks really piss me off.

Pretty much any spear is great since you can attack while blocking. Winged Spear would be best for early on because of the higher range than the standard Spear. It won't be doing very much damage so upgrading it once you get to the blacksmith would probably be a priority. The blacksmith also sells the even longer Pike, but it has a pretty high strength requirement, so may not be the best choice if you want to focus on dex weapons.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Len posted:

The first attack knocks me right on my rear end. I'm using the grass crest shield +5. What should I be using?

The Black Knight Shield is ideal for that fight. Decent stability, 95% fire damage reduction and you're still able to parry with it. If you don't have one the Black Knights in the Kiln drop them pretty often.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It keeps giving you defense though.

This. Carrying 99 humanity raises your defense significantly. It's basically like wearing an extra set of maxed out armor.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Working through NG+ and my lightning zwei +5 just isn't cutting it quite like it used to. My stats are around 50 vit, 40 end, 50 str and only 10 dex or so. What weapons would give me more bang for my hypothetical buck?

With that much strength pretty much any +15 Str scaling weapon will be outdamaging a lightning weapon. If you like the Zwei, turn it into a +15. Other similar weapons would include the Man-Serpent Greatsword, Large Club or Demon Great Machete.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

I have a zwei at +14 at the moment and it's damage is around 200 less than the lightning one which is giving me serious doubt to using what could be my last slab to upgrade it. I may be able to push my int up enough to get crystal weapon to make up any kind of difference though.

If you're looking at just the attack rating, the lightning version will be higher (721 as compared to 534) but the split physical/elemental attack having to go through an enemies defense twice will end up doing less damage in the end. It's best to test them both on the Dreglings (because of their lack of armor) to see which does better damage rather than comparing the AR numbers.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Cleretic posted:

I wish to express my unadulterated love for the Greatshield of Artorias. This thing is amazing, I'm practically invincible with it at +5.

PvP's gotten a lot easier for me once I realize that, invariably, I'm the hardiest fucker in the area. I can flip in Catarina armor, and if I really wanted to ditch the Greatshield for my Black Knight Shield I could handle the Black Iron set, and I just have so much health and poise that someone has to be equally hardy if they want to stagger me.

Greatshield of Artorias is amazing. I'm working on an Artorias build right now and the thing makes NG+++ seem like easy mode. Haven't lost a single PvP match yet with that and a +15 Bastard Sword. Can't wait til I have the stats to use the matching sword.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

EC, here's my Artorias build.

Looks fun. I enjoy not being one-shotted in PvP far too much for 20 Vitality though so I took the baby route. Started as a Pyromancer but my build is going to be about the same. Stats so far, had a couple really productive days in the forest and can now wield the sword. Still does less damage than my +15 Bastard Sword right now unfortunately. I'm probably going to shoot for SL200 or so. Depends on how hard it gets to keep leveling up.

Soul Level - 151
Vit - 40
Att - 12
End - 40
Str - 40
Dex - 40
Res - 12
Int - 20
Fai - 30

Paladin Set +5
Havel's Ring & Wolf Ring

Also, took 6 months but I finally platinumed the game today. First time that's ever happened.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Count Bleck posted:

If you talk to Frampt after getting the Lordvessel and fill it with all the souls, she'll talk to you again.

She'll also kindle the Firelink bonfire to maximum on her own and it stays that way into NG+

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Read posted:

As far as I know it should be all rapiers, hmm. Same upgrade level and stats the rapier should win out.

I thought it was just the plain Rapier that had hidden crit bonuses, never messed with the Ricard version. The standard backstabbing weapon is usually a Chaos or Lightning Rapier +5. The Chaos version with 10 humanity seems to be the most powerful.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Schlegel Mach posted:

That person probably altered their save.

Most people who play the game don't get indictments until way beyond level 1. How would a SL1 invader get that much sin?

A SL1 Darkwraith can invade anyone between level 1 and the maximum. Not just people close to their level.

Indictments are also misunderstood by a lot of players. You can buy more than one of them but they are infinitely re-usable. Oswald even mentions "stocking up on indictments" like they're consumable. You can also use between 1 and 99 of them at a time when an invader successfully kills you. People that think they are consumable will use none, people who don't want to buy 99 of them will use 1 and people that know how they work may use all 99 for each invader.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Montez posted:

Does the forest covenant work the same way as the Darkwraiths, or do you just invade people around your level?

Forest Covenant is the same. You typically invade people +/- 15% of your level. It does match you with higher level players though if someone closer isn't available. It doesn't work in the other direction though so SL120 players can't invade someone at LV1 in the burg. I think the only exception to that mechanic is the Darkmoons that use the ring that summons you to Dark Anor Londo. You can invade anyone between 1 and 700 using that no matter how high your level.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Bobnumerotres posted:

2. Sometimes, enemies just give me humanity when killed. It's liquid humanity, it doesn't drop, I just get another humanity point. This is either extremely rare and I got lucky for quite a while or it only happens when you're low on humanity and the cap is 4-5. Does anyone have more info on this?

Each area with a boss will award you a liquid humanity if you kill a certain number of regular enemies. It can happen up to several times but stops if you kill the boss.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Chard posted:

Also, you apparently can't downvote orange soap comments. Even giving a negative rating adds +1 to the total :shepface:

This is actually intentional (for whatever stupid reason). If you use the miracle Seek Guidance you can see the real rating for messages as well as the developer ones that lead to hidden areas.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

EC posted:

I guess I should have looked at the wiki for the Gravelords first. I don't realize it would only work if the Gravelord member is in an area without the boss defeated. I've cleared out almost everything in the game except for Pinwheel, Nito, and Priscilla.

I might try it out for awhile in the Painted World, I guess. :/

Yeah Gravelord Covenant is one of those things it's best to start at the beginning of your run. It's pretty easy to start even on a new character. If you jump down in the right place you end up in the area right before the coffin. Run past the Demon Titanite, grab the Eyes of Death and hop in the coffin. I used this for a character using the Gravelord Sword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUKSj7Ca-gg

BTW I saw my first black phantoms a couple days ago. Invaded a guy in the forest who was cursed and he got one-shotted by a black phantom Giant Mushroom.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

RickVoid posted:

Quick equipment question. I spent a couple souls to upgrade my Zweihander to +4. I also went ahead and bought a bastard sword, since it's a bit shorter, uses less stamina and I've been getting tired of tight confines making it hard to hit enemies. I already bumped it up to +4, so I figured I'd see what the various opinions are on the weapons. As a note, I've gone shieldless and two-hand up to this point, so I'll probably be one-handing the bastard sword if I go that route.

Bastard Sword is my favorite greatsword. It's very similar to the Claymore but has slightly higher damage, slightly shorter range and a way cooler one-handed strong attack (same as the Zwei). Zwei is pretty nice too though. Since it's your first playthrough whatever you pick you'll probably want to enchant with Lightning or Fire. Unless you level Str/Dex pretty evenly you won't get the most out of a Normal Bastard Sword/Zwei because of the split scaling.

Anyway the best place to go at this point would probably be the Lower Undead Burg. You should have found a key somewhere in the Parish that opens that locked door on the dragon bridge.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
Pretty sure it's triggered by talking with her after placing at least one of the Lord Souls in the Lordvessel. Doesn't matter if you sided with Frampt or Kaathe, but there's an extra line of dialogue if you sided with Frampt. It's something like...

"...that you have decided to link the fire" when siding with Kaathe but being...

"Frampt told me that you have decided to link the fire" after siding with Frampt. After that you can hear the fire stoke.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
I dunno, FromSoft has always made pretty deep games for a specialized audience so I doubt they're going to be churning out Angry Birds clones. If anyone could make a game for a mobile platform that someone would want to play more than 20 minutes it would probably be them. A new Kings Field (or Kings Field like) game optimized for touch screens would probably work pretty well.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Cleretic posted:

'I can't take this...' is hilarious in only specific areas. I mean any old place, that has the same value as the 'Exasperated LPer' that Youtube loves so much. But it's funny if it's strategically placed somewhere like where Solaire dies, although in that situation I think 'Praise the Sun!' is much funnier.

Every time I take a new character back to the Undead Asylum I make it a point to write "I can't take this..." right outside the cell door. I was also the guy who wrote "The true Demon's Souls starts here" back behind the spawn point in 1-1. I don't feel bad about lame messages because nothing is as lame as coming across multiple "I'm in trouble, please recommend this message" in Demon's Souls and seeing 7000+ recommendations, as if whoever wrote it is still low on health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard

Alteisen posted:

So what's a good armor set-up for someone who likes the fast roll.

Right now I'm using the gold hemmed cloack and face thing and black leather boots, anything else I should buy? Been wanting to upgrade an armor but don't know what.

I'm a fan of the Big Hat Set, specifically the Sage Robe. I think it has the highest defense of all the light armors and only needs Twinkling Titanite to upgrade. The Traveling Gloves/Boots upgrade pretty well too. If you have enough endurance either the Channeler's Gauntlets or Leggings are a good addition if you don't want to worry about upgrading every piece you wear.

• Locked thread