Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Great OP, just now taking interest in this game. I tried to order on amazon and get release date shipping via amazon prime but it gave me an estimated delivery date of the 6th. I'd rather just go pick it up at Gamestop so I can get it on the actual day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

waspinator posted:

Great OP, just now taking interest in this game. I tried to order on amazon and get release date shipping via amazon prime but it gave me an estimated delivery date of the 6th. I'd rather just go pick it up at Gamestop so I can get it on the actual day.

That was just the CE apparently, just got the regular edition with on release date shipping. I don't need that extra stuff anyway. Hooray!

This will be my first foray into this type of game, and I'll probably be live streaming it blindly. I expect massive rages to be induced.

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
This IGN stream is definitely good stuff. I wasn't expecting it to be, but I'm impressed.

http://goo.gl/Me1sl

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
What are the odds of IGN putting up the 24 hour cast as a vod? I'd love to rewatch the first few hours of it.

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Samurai Sanders posted:

Regarding being cursed, apparently it has at least one upside. A guy in the sewer says that you can fight the ghosts if you are cursed somehow? I haven't tested it myself though, and I'm not going to purposefully get myself cursed to find out.

transient curse

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm trying to have my curse cured but for the life of me I cannot find the craw's nest. I am at the firelink -> parish elevator but I cannot follow the directions. Help!

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
OK I got the crow to return me to the asylum but he/she is not sticking around to trade with me.

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Funkmaster General posted:

There's another nest a bit further down the path from where you get dropped off, hidden off to the side of the path. That's where you conduct said trade.

I cannot find this. :(

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
OK Thank you for the help -- please tell me that somehow i'm just trying to use this item wrong and it's not the wrong one cracked red eye orb

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Finally, thanks dudes for the help!

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
just lost 30k souls. thanks ceaseless discharge!!

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I have decided i'm tired of the drat drake sword and want to use something else. I've gotten my Claymore to +8 and can 1 hand it. This poo poo looks bad rear end. I'm also mixing and matching eastern/elite knight armor and I feel like a monster. I don't want to use that gold hemmed ring wraith poo poo, i'm a knight not a ninny.

This is game of the decade.

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Regular ol Greataxe looks pretty bad rear end. Considering just making an elemental greataxe +5. How does occult work?

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I cannot kill loving Gwyn with a Lightning Claymore +5. It seems like I do no damage to him and his nonstop barrage of attacks just overwhelms me and my stamina. What the hell do I do? I've tried Iron Flesh and Havel's Armor and everything, what the hell.

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Anyone? Tips on Gwyn? Should I not be using a Lightning weapon? Should I be two handed or using any specific armor?

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
OK I'm on NG+, and with Paladin Armor/Butterfly Shield/+5 Lightning Claymore, O&S are still impossible for me to beat alone, and there is no one to summon. I think I'm hosed. asdkhj

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Fellblade posted:

What level are you at? I just did this earlier today and there were 2 or 3 summons, however they were on the main bridge area rather than near the boss. Try looking around there for a while.

I'm like 84 or 85. I don't see anything ever. Am I just way ahead of the curve?

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
For those of you wondering about the last boss, this is what I had to do: learn to parry and never put your back to him. roll away when he tries to grab and get ready to parry.

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Does this sound feasible with O&S hit with gravelord sword until poison, kite until death. repeat on super saiyan

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Can anyone point out what soul levels are best for co-oping bosses? I'm trying to 100% achieve but I have to get in this damned covenant first.

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Cutting off Seathes tail in NG+ is loving impossible

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Rascyc posted:

Yeah, claymore was probably my favorite weapon for raw usability out of the many I tried. It's just so versatile and has a great attack rating.

Has NG+ been meaningfully more challenging out of curiosity?

Enemies do more damage and take more stamina to block, that's about it. On the whole it's easier to breeze through because you know what you are doing, but on the same note bosses(after a certain point) get a lot tougher.

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Seriously, Seath: I know which tail I'm supposed to hit, but freaking where? I do so much damage to his tail and then he ends up just killing me. Is there like a specific point that I exactly need to hit for a certain amount of damage? Is there any way I can be faster running than he is turning? SJKEkljels!

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I wish I knew how to get to the whip at level 1 so I could do my castlevania run. :[

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Starting my belmont run. Got the whip at level 1: will be only using whip and probably faith magics. Streaming it at:

http://www.justin.tv/waspinat0r

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
continuing my castlevania/belmont run:

http://www.twitch.tv/waspinat0r

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
castlevania run continues!

https://www.justin.tv/waspinat0r

I need some ideas of items for sub weapons and armor(Leather, Scale?) I can use.

So far I have: Throwing Knives, Firebombs(Holy Water), and I need ideas for other things. Halp!

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
fyi: whips suck.

This will not stop me from completing my castlevania run, I hope everyone that's been watching has been enjoying and appreciating the actual challenge.

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Zain posted:

I have, when are you doing another stream?

Couple hours or so, maybe less. I'll post here when I start. Glad someone's getting some enjoyment out of it. :D

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Still looking for more armor/sub-weapon suggestions for my belmont run -- i'm mainly using wanderer's armor with throwing knives and firebombs(holy water), and the whip of course!

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The belmont run continues: http://www.twitch.tv/waspinat0r

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Belmont run still going strong: Currently trying to plow my way through demon's ruins:

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Castlevania run continues:

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
castlevania time: http://www.twitch.tv/waspinat0r

TIME TO DIE, 4 KINGS

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Vargs posted:

I've tried watching this a few times, and it seems like it could be interesting. Unfortunately the microphone quality kind of brings the whole thing down. If streaming is a thing you do, you may want to consider picking up a different mic and maybe toning down the game audio levels.

I'm sorry audio troubles are bringing you away from the cast. This is actually the first I've heard of the microphone sounding bad, and I get quite a few viewers (that will bitch about everything that they can) that don't seem to notice it :(

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Going through the final stages of the Castlevania run: finishing up some side stuff, then to Gwyn!

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
My friends, the Belmont/whip only/subweapon run is over. In the end, he became the dark lord. Up next. FIST WEAPONS (Street Fighter?)

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I think I'm going to try a shieldless 2 fist weapon run. Oh god why am I such a masochist.

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Defghanistan posted:

Where does one obtain the Demon Spear?

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/demon-spear

I thought it'd be a good candidate for a +5 upgrade from Demon Titanite, since it looks like I am going to be swimming in Demon Titanite soon.

Any other suggestions for what to do with all this demon titanite?

That drops from the gargoyles in anor londo I believe.

and to Leyburn: no, you have to walk out of the endboss room instead of lighting the bonfire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
This game has consumed my life. I seriously cannot even bring myself to play another game. It just doesn't get old. WHY ARE YOU SO FUN, DARK SOULS, I CAN BEAT YOU BLINDFOLDED YET YOU HAUNT MY DREAMS!

• Locked thread