Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I just killed the first boss by my reckoning, Bull Demon guy do they not drop unique souls for weapons or was he just a mini-boss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I know that sometimes you can gain an extra Estus Flask because someone kindled at the same bonfire you are based at. But what can give you humanity spontaneously? Not the item, just direct humanity. Is it a set number of souls collected/monsters killed or something?

Also, is there a way to interact with other players I see at bonfires? And one time I summoned a white phantom who was gold, weird.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
If you've bought and used the 4 Transient Curses from the aqueduct merchant, plus the ones they give you at the start of New Londo, because I suck and die a lot, how do I hurt the ghosts?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Edit: gently caress^

I mean, I've used them and tried to get through the level but died every time. Now I don't have any more, and magic doesn't do anything. Does pyromancy work, or some of the resins?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Should I just upgrade my shield towards the +15 route or is there some element I don't know about that makes shields block better? Something akin to the Dark enchantment from DeS is probably in there, but is there anything more?

I'm also being summoned quite rapidly around SL 35 in sewer drain bonfire of Blighttown, such a fun boss fight after the slog-thru-sludge.

Roumba fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Oct 20, 2011

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Macksy posted:

Level 32 and i can't get a bite for being summoned at Quelaag's. Any suggestion on where I should go?

It's about 50/50 on where people summon for Quelagg, lots of people will summon until they have 2 phantoms in that sewer tunnel bonfire. I got summoned for much of mine from just in front of the boss door, so who knows? I was 30 and didn't have more than 5 minutes between calls.

Maybe you are playing at weird hours?

Dragon Covenant Question: How much better does the Fire breath get with dragon scale donations right now it does like 30 or something mad lovely.

Roumba fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Oct 22, 2011

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
The PSN's recent players thing used to work with Demon's Souls, but it doesn't with Dark Souls. Does anyone know why? I wanted to thank these two cool dudes for leading my dumb onion head self around Anor Londo but I can't remember their names. :(

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
How on earth are you supposed to (Anor Londo stuff): defeat Lurdric or what's his name + cronies when you invade his world? You can't Estus or bring phantoms with you. Is the plan to draw them off one at a time? :(

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

folgore posted:

I just went shield up and poked the main man to death with the lightning spear. You don't have to kill the cronies. When the "host" dies, you win.

gently caress, that makes sense. Dark Souls, you crafty lass.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I'm going to throw my loving playstation out the god drat window if I play anymore of this game before they fix the press-button-but-it-does-nothing-until-you-hit-another-then-it-does-the-previous-button horseshit, that and the queued actions is worst than the god drat camera.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Where are good places to use the Dragon Eye Stone?

EDIT: I'm level 45

Roumba fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 24, 2011

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
What situations do you find yourself getting locked in?

Volitaire posted:

Thing about the Hollow Soldier Shield is that its a pretty rare drop.

I must have had 4 by the time I made it past parish. Man your luck sucks.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Dizz posted:

man i suck at this game. I either miss bonfires or they're really scarce, or I don't manage my health good enough with the estus flasks.

As a heads up, kindling gives you +5 flasks from that bonfire FOREVER. Not +1 for this time only like I thought it would be. Kindling rules.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
If I get to rank 3 in Everlasting Dragon's Covenant, do the items I get from it still work, and are their ranked upgrades still applied if I join another covenant?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Is it trying to troll people with the 'Kill Smough first' thing? I thought that made it stupid difficult?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Brian Fellows posted:

To the guy struggling to get back up out of the Great Hollow, the lesson to take away from that would be to never, ever go down there until you have the ability to warp.

For the part where you say you can't get onto the platform you need to just walk along the edge, or as close as you can, of the platform as if there were walk-able ground and get to the next root. It looks like you can't but you can. Great Hollow can be defeated!

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Edit: No need to say it twice.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Why can you warp to every covenant, except for the gravelords?

And I'm quite sure having different MagAdj changes the damage boost from things like Magic Weapon.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
While I'm helping this dude through Anor Londo, I decide that it would be fun to be on the outer arm of that rotating tower as he flips the switch.

I'm spinning, yay big deal. It's about to stop...

YOU DIED.

....What?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
FINALLY GOT SUMMONED TO FIGHT FOR A DRAGON SCALE!

after like 50 hours of game play.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

invalid posted:

This is a lie.

Clearly a lie.

And it was on the loving bridge bonfire of blighttown, I put it down as a joke to myself.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

rivera82falcon posted:

Currently at Anor Londo with these stats:

Warrior
SL 53
Vita 16
Attune 12
End, Str, Dex 23
Res 14
Int 10
Fai 14

Should I be grinding more lvls in a specific attribute or am I at a good position for this location? Just before the final boss of this area. Thanks!

Maybe you could do with 2-3 more Vitality, but with your END if you have a decent shield you should be fine for the area.

The boss is tough, regardless.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Why does it matter if you are in NG+ or not? I thought invasion was based on soul levels?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I finally found someone else's Dragon Eye Sign, at the bonfire for the Painted World It appears you have to be in human form to see and activate them. You also lose your human form if you lose the combat, if you were the one who summoned them into your world. lame

He kicked my rear end multiple times with his hanzo steel.

Also it's lame how people are only taking like 30 damage when they block my 420/420 lightning Zwei +5 with a loving grass crest shield.

I'M CRUSHING YOUR FACE WITH A SWORD THE SIZE OF A GROWN MAN! DIE GODDAMNIT! :black101:

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Being level 50 and in Sun Covenant gets me nearly constant summons in the painted world. These medals are rolling in, too bad these idiots don't let me get the tail off first. :(

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Rough Lobster posted:

Where are you throwin' down your sign, chief? I need to get in on this racket.

By the bonfire, before you head up the stairs to those 3 broken sword hollows.

You can also put it down past the first gate and behind the cages immediately before the Phalanx blobs. Lots of people lose phantoms to wheel skeletons/falls/invasions and that's their secondary pick up point in my experience.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
What a loving joke of a day, see spergy endgame rant below for more:

First, the game forgot to tell me that after you get +2 Chaos covenant, you have to actually go down there and TOUCH the door for it to open, it doesn't 'unlock' so to speak. (oh wait, it never loving says anything about a shortcut anyway.) If you change covenants, you have to rejoin Chaos, then get to +2 and then open the door. Thankfully I had got to +3 with a bunch of glitched humanity so no real problems today, until...

It decides that even though I have never been in Izalith before, that Solaire should just appear there with a bug on his face and killing on his mind, even though everything I had read before said: use the shortcut first, kill nine bugs then go the real way and he'll be alive. Which is apparently 100% wrong and now he's dead.

Later in LI, I do a falling attack like I've been doing anytime I fall a large distance with other players so we look super cool when we land and I 100% friendly fire instant kill Onionbro with 1400 damage when we hopped into that pit. Wait a sec you loving stupid game, never at any point in the entire game, EVER, do you worry about friendly hits during combat. Except now, an hour before the end of the game. I'm so mad about this garbage and bullshit that I just run into a pit to loving leave this lovely place.

gently caress you dark souls. gently caress you and your incomprehensible and ludicrous to follow NPC event chains. gently caress your laggy as gently caress and busted PVP. gently caress your flows-like-poo poo-and-molasses framerate. gently caress you.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
It goes to poo poo anytime there's more than 2 players on a level the same time, is my PS3 retarded?

AM I RETARDED!?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
If anyone is having trouble with the Tomb of Giants' Skeleton Dog Dudes I've found a way that can save you some greif.

If you run-leap to the ledge where the Silver Serpent's ring is (it's the loot on that ledge where you can see Ash Lake in the background, it looks too high, but you can leap to it) ignore the loot and toss some pebbles down the side that faces Ash Lake you will find 3 or 4 ledges to hop down to. You end up on that path that is in the light before Leeroy. It skips like 1/4 of the level.

It is a nice trick now that I know you can farm humanity stupid fast at the baby skeletons. Iatio is the best weapon to use on them, in my opinion.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Is there an endgame checklist of who to murder and what to do before fighting Gwyn, Lord of Cinder?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
:doh: of course, what was I thinking?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I thought it would be cool if his phantoms functioned sort of like the Old Monk boss in DeS. He summons some random real dudes with their signs down when someones orb starts quivering to help him kill this annoying dick that keeps coming back over and over.

Of course then I would never kill him since my pvp success rate is like 5/100.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
What is wrong with my PS3/PSN Account/connection that doesn't let me see recent players in the PS3 menu AND fails to find my data in the Book of the Guilty?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Megalixir posted:

If your equip load is under 50%,, it's guaranteed to be effective. As a result, it's probably the best ring in the game, but being over 50% renders it useless.
Cool fact I discovered: if you are at exactly 50% without the ring you will get the fat >50% roll. With the ring, at exactly 50%, you get the fast roll.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Why is Gwyndolin guarding the 'Tomb of the Great Lord Gwyn' if Gwyn is actually in the Kiln? Also, I was disappointed with my ending's cutscene, I was expecting some exciting twist, but I guess that really is more DeS's style.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Irony.or.Death posted:

So, uh, has anyone found a good place for dragon eye action? I have been working on an SL1 character intended to focus on invading people as a dragon, but I hosed up the snuggly glitch after collecting a mere five scales and I am skeptical about my ability to bear the four kings at level 1 on NG+, so I really don't want to push this into a second trip through just to get up to my minimum of 30 scales.

Since there probably aren't many ~SL1s at the kiln entrance, you're best off in like the entrance to Sen's, or any of the bonfires in blighttown. Other than at the entrance of the kiln I have never got a bite on my sign except for once in blighttown. Considering they have to have one to see it, try putting it in that pit with the chest that has the scale.

Good luck.

Roumba fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Nov 20, 2011

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Macksy posted:

Is the book of the guilty buggy for anyone else? I've been indicted plenty of times but it can never find my data when I ask.

Same here.

Does anyone know what purpose Occult weapons serve?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Maybe for the slow fall, camouflage spells, and move silently things.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I wish there was a boss rush mode or something where I could just fight a few bosses for giggles whenever I had a spare 10 minutes. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
poo poo, I better glitch all the twinkling titanite I can ASAP.

• Locked thread