Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashdim
Oct 19, 2005

Still losing criticals

CAustin posted:

Did this game get an early release, or did my local Frys screw up royally? I purchased this game today; it was just sitting there on the shelves. After getting back home I checked the release date online and every site I visited still had it scheduled for October 4th. My housemate is currently playing it in the other room. :confused:

They screwed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashdim
Oct 19, 2005

Still losing criticals

fivetwo posted:

do you guys think the 360 online community will be as robust as the ps3 community?

Personally I don't think so. You'd be surprised how large the PS3 online community is just because it's free.

flashdim
Oct 19, 2005

Still losing criticals
That Giantbomb quicklook, as usual, was like a perfect cross-section of gameplay, minus multiplayer stuff. It was nice that they had somewhat at the helm who had played a lot of the original too. Seeing him piss off the dragon then run like a scared little whore was just special.

Fakeedit link thing http://goo.gl/8Ftpt - clicked on everyone else's, who knows what it does.

flashdim
Oct 19, 2005

Still losing criticals
Holy balls, I'm rank 10 on the site.

Any idea what that does?

flashdim
Oct 19, 2005

Still losing criticals
Missing mine from the list too: http://goo.gl/8Ftpt

flashdim
Oct 19, 2005

Still losing criticals

Reive posted:

If you're signed in with FB you get a soul meter on the site, a ranking, and some tokens for completing stupid things like a mindless glyph puzzle and liking the FB page, each time someone clicks the referral link your personal soul gauge fills up, supposedly, mine doesn't appear to be increasing but my rank bumped up by 300 or so since I posted mine.

Yeah, I'm somehow in the top 20. Thanks goons?

flashdim
Oct 19, 2005

Still losing criticals

Sputnik posted:

Updated Goon Master Referral ClickList for pages 12-26. Remember, if you want on the list, let's all take the effort to click everyone else's link!

Thanks for doing this. It prevents more reposting, I think.

flashdim
Oct 19, 2005

Still losing criticals

Sheep-Goats posted:

Speculation is that the top five people will get twelve inch pewter statues that Namco commissioned of different Dark Souls stuff. But nobody really knows.

[url]

Please add this to the bottom of that click queue, Mr. Click Queue guy.

I've made it up pretty high in that listing, but I'm afraid to play the souls minigame thing anymore in case they're doing anything for the top 20. That drat thing has some brutal swings, but it's also addictive as gently caress....sounds familiar?

flashdim
Oct 19, 2005

Still losing criticals

Vulcan posted:

Looks like best buy only carries the collectors edition and not the standard? Is it a viable option to just roll into one on tuesday without preordering and pick one up?

That's usually the case with big box stores, yeah.

flashdim
Oct 19, 2005

Still losing criticals

qbert posted:

I called Gamestop asking about the Dark Souls guide, and they told me they're only offering to sell them to people who get the CE version of the game, at $20 a pop. They won't sell the guides separately. Weird.

I was able to "preorder" a guide in-store yesterday without preordering the game from them at all. Calling [typical GameStop] bullshit.

flashdim
Oct 19, 2005

Still losing criticals

Mug posted:

Opened a box, got some things.

I love me some thick video game boxes.

I ALSO love me some thick spoiler tittays what the gently caress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33CKeSXo2JU

flashdim
Oct 19, 2005

Still losing criticals

doomfunk posted:

I feel like a big dumb baby because I didn't see a single goddamn leech in all of Blighttown, just lots of mosquitoes, ghouls, poo ogres, and those firebreathing buggy things. I got all of the meaningful loot (except for whatever's in that toxin dart lined chamber full of fire breathing dogs, for... reasons. took out all the blowgun guys though!) and I just didn't see any leeches. What the hell. :psyduck:

Sounds like you just hugged the wall the entire time. Journey out into the swamp, young man!

flashdim
Oct 19, 2005

Still losing criticals
SO I summon some heavily armored dudes to help me with Four Kings and what do they do? Split up to fight them separately. Thanks guys, I didn't want that 20 humanity anyway.

vvvv True. It is kind of the antithesis of every Demon's/Dark Souls battle.

flashdim fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 19, 2011

flashdim
Oct 19, 2005

Still losing criticals
Has anyone tried the Dark Hand darkwraith shield thing in multi yet? I remember hearing someone say it was lackluster as a shield, but according to the guide the grab attack you can do with L2 steals humanity. I can see it being easy to dodge, is all.

vvvv Ugh, lame.

flashdim fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Oct 24, 2011

flashdim
Oct 19, 2005

Still losing criticals

Volitaire posted:

Just invaded a guy in Anor Londo. I caught him while he was fighting the gargoyle, but I didn't attack I just stood there and watched him fight. He got killed, and then indicted me. :confused:

Maybe you broke his concentration or something.

flashdim
Oct 19, 2005

Still losing criticals

Elysiume posted:

I'll grant that Duke's Archives can be annoying, but I don't even remotely understand a complaint about the Crystal Cave. There are one or two enemies you need to fight other than the clams, and you can just run past them. You need to run across two (?) completely straight invisible walkways. Unless you have a problem with Seathe, the zone itself is not very hard.

Plus, gently caress yeah three lizards in the same hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashdim
Oct 19, 2005

Still losing criticals

Brasseye posted:

Awesome! I havent equipped the eagle shield yet so I think I'll base my decision on what looks cooler.

And thanks Jetpack Postman I cant wait to get back from work and take revenge on those things. I laughed when I first saw them, should have known better than to think this game would throw an easy/comedy relief enemy at me.

The baby ones are probably the closest I've seen to a comedy enemy in this game. My wife looked on in horror as I chased down the ones in the forest and cut them down with running Furysword slashes.

Hey man, game's a dick. I'm gonna be a dick right back.

• Locked thread