Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

"I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I'll have to see the video or something. Someone show me the video."

Mind_Taker posted:

I think this is the third year in a row I am going to predict Sharks vs. Capitals in the finals. Or as I call it, "The Touch of Death".

I call it "The Melrose".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

If the Ravens or Capitals ever troll Pittsburgh sports even half as hard as they just trolled Boston, I'd probably be forced to write another one of these things

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

Duraznos is a nit-picking jerk.

p.s. Fuck Tebow

Cool thread.

ayn rand hand job
Sep 10, 2008

'Cause she's so high
      High above me,
       she's so lovely

- Everclear

Great write-up. It really is.

A minor correction though. Tampa was 2 games back when the teams split up on the 23rd. When they come back on the 26th, Tampa has gained a game on Boston and is only 1 game back. You mention both the fact that Tampa was 2 games back when the Red Sox and Orioles begin play again, and then say they were tied after the first game.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Arctic Baldwin posted:

That OP should be framed and put outside Camden and Fenway for eternity

Agreeing with this.

This is the best post I have ever read on SA. You should try and get this recognized, it's absolutely fantastic.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

if theo gets fired i want this engraved on my tombstone after i jump off the tobin bridge (this is evidently the true sox way of killing oneself? loving sportswriters don't realize zakim's where it's at)

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Mozi posted:

I'd say you should be a sportswriter but that sounds kind of like an insult. Maybe just being a writer would be better.

I was kind of wondering if he already is a sportswriter. Then I realized that's impossible because there are no good sportswriters.

Auu
Sep 22, 2004

Excellent read.

There legitimately may have been more Sox than O's fans at Camden on the 28th - if not before, then definitely after the rain delay. I was completely surrounded by them near the 3rd base line, at least. The simultaneous opposite reactions between the two groups in similar numbers at the very end was absolutely incredible. I've never seen anything like it as an O's fan. Baseball

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I really enjoy reading about baseball in the long-form, narrative way this was written. So much more satisfying than the usual highlights or game recaps (so-and-so went 3-4 with a dinger, etc).

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

Toffile posted:

Great write-up. It really is.

A minor correction though. Tampa was 2 games back when the teams split up on the 23rd. When they come back on the 26th, Tampa has gained a game on Boston and is only 1 game back. You mention both the fact that Tampa was 2 games back when the Red Sox and Orioles begin play again, and then say they were tied after the first game.

Thanks, I had to reread the entire middle section to find it. I thought for some reason I'd shoved it in the recap of the first game in Baltimore. It's fixed now

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

"Jim Palmer snickers at the little balding poo poo and says"

That whole post does a better job of painting a picture than any article I've read in a sports paper.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

Awesome post dude, fun read.

Another minor error - Brian Matusz is a left-hander, not a right-hander. It's in the 4th to last section.

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.

Awesome post, Robert Andino is a hero to us all.

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

Streebs posted:

Awesome post dude, fun read.

Another minor error - Brian Matusz is a left-hander, not a right-hander. It's in the 4th to last section.

Not sure how I confused Matusz and Tillman like that. It's fixed

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

You need to, like, submit this somewhere (after everyone has caught all the mistakes and you've fixed them).

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

This is the best thing.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I do martial arts and eat pizza, I'm basically a ninja turtle.

This is a great OP, nicely done.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

TANAK OBAMA
200 strikeouts
20 wins
0 birth certificates

Awesome, awesome, awesome. This should go in the Orioles program.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

ozymandius1024 posted:

Now that........is a loving post. Nice work Crion.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Every kiss begins with Kahne

Great post, Crion. Been a fan of the Orioles since the 80s. That game against Boston made me happy to be an Orioles fan for the first time in a very long time and you re-captured it perfectly.

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

Hipster_Doofus posted:

You need to, like, submit this somewhere (after everyone has caught all the mistakes and you've fixed them).

I tested this theory by posting it on an Orioles fan board. After two hours I've gotten a TL;DR and someone taking exception to characterizing Nolan Reimold as "not a good hitter." I think stuff like this is far more niche than we'd sometimes like to believe!

Private Snowball
Jul 22, 2007

Ride the Snide

Great read.

I love baseball.

oystertoadfish
Jun 16, 2003

wonderful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba

Was going to post this in the offseason thread but seems to be more useful here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPNp...player_embedded

«2 »