Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
I don't know why my deft files don't get included with my org-agenda search. Here's my setup:

code:
(setq org-directory "G:\\_DOC\\") 
(setq org-agenda-files (list "G:\\_DOC\\" "G:\\_DOC\\.deft\\"))
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))
(setq org-agenda-file-regexp "\\`[^.].*\\.org\\'")

(when (require 'deft nil 'noerror) 
   (setq
      deft-extension "org"
      deft-directory "G:\\_DOC\\.deft\\"
      deft-text-mode 'org-mode)
   (global-set-key (kbd "<f9>") 'deft))
(require 'deft)
Maybe because the deft config comes after the agenda-files declaration?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002
Are you using (setq org-agenda-files ...) anywhere else later in the config? Doing that would clobber the values being set here.

add-to-list solves that problem, but it doesn't work when the variable isn't defined yet. The simplest way to fix that here is probably to (require 'org) before you do anything else.

Lisp code:
;; Waaay up at the top of your config
(require 'org)

;; ...

(setq org-directory "G:\\_DOC\\") 
;; Replace setq with add-to-list
(add-to-list 'org-agenda-files '("G:\\_DOC\\" "G:\\_DOC\\.deft\\"))
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))
(setq org-agenda-file-regexp "\\`[^.].*\\.org\\'")

; ...

(setq
 deft-extension "org"
 deft-directory "G:\\_DOC\\.deft\\"
 deft-text-mode 'org-mode)
(global-set-key (kbd "<f9>") 'deft)
(Remember to change any other references to org-agenda-files to use add-to-list instead of setq as well. In general, prefer add-to-list to setq for lists when you want to change the list instead of just redefining it wholesale.)

This approach starts to fall over as you configure more and more stuff. Unfortunately, package configuration in Emacs is a bit messy. If you want to learn more about it, read the emacs help for eval-after-load and maybe peruse the use-package project.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Hmm I replaced my text with yours, and I get something like

Lisp code:
(wrong-type-argument stringp ("G:\\_DOC\\" "G:\\_DOC\\.deft\\"))
when trying to agenda search for keywords. I'm already using use-package to call org.

midnightclimax fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Sep 28, 2015

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I know I've been bitching a lot in here and know that nobody cares, but I actually solved my unbearably slow python mode problem using profiler: https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Profiling.html which was not something I knew emacs had and it's pretty cool. If you haven't used it before, be aware that man page talks about "your program" as if it's expecting you to debug elisp programs that you're running with eval. But if you just start profiling, do whatever's being really slow, and then look at the report it'll happily tell you about all the internals you want!

In my case it ended up being a very old version of rainbow-delimiters which I installed before MELPA existed. Updated and it works great now!

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
I'm getting a thing where sometimes M-: takes forever even for trivial arithmetic expressions. It's so unpredictable that I have no idea how to reproduce it for debugging. Anyone happen to know what might be causing it?

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

PlesantDilemma posted:

Looks like EmacsConf is this weekend in San Francisco. Anyone going? Seems much of it will be live streamed. I plan to check it out, maybe get a emacs guru to show me how helm mode is installed and used.

http://emacsconf2015.org/

Shouldn't that be init.el2015.org?

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

midnightclimax posted:

Hmm I replaced my text with yours, and I get something like

Lisp code:
(wrong-type-argument stringp ("G:\\_DOC\\" "G:\\_DOC\\.deft\\"))
when trying to agenda search for keywords. I'm already using use-package to call org.

Oops, sorry for being late to this, and sorry for not testing my code. Instead of (add-to-list 'org-agenda-files ...), try this:

Lisp code:
(mapc (lambda (i) (add-to-list 'org-agenda-files i)) '("G:\\_DOC\\" "G:\\_DOC\\.deft\\"))
That would be prettier if Emacs had function composition but welp.

E:

Soricidus posted:

I'm getting a thing where sometimes M-: takes forever even for trivial arithmetic expressions. It's so unpredictable that I have no idea how to reproduce it for debugging. Anyone happen to know what might be causing it?

I got nothing, but the link in the post above yours on the Emacs profiler might be helpful.

pgroce fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 2, 2015

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

pgroce posted:

I got nothing, but the link in the post above yours on the Emacs profiler might be helpful.

yeah, seeing that was what made me think of it ... but I have no idea how to trigger this issue at will, it's really intermittent (more a weekly thing than hourly), and I don't think the profiler has an option to never retain more than the last minute of data :/

guess I'll just carry on watching out for it and hope to spot a pattern for when it occurs.

e:

pgroce posted:

That would be prettier if Emacs had function composition but welp.

first google hit for "emacs curry": https://gist.github.com/eschulte/6167923

Soricidus fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Oct 2, 2015

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

pgroce posted:

Oops, sorry for being late to this, and sorry for not testing my code. Instead of (add-to-list 'org-agenda-files ...), try this:

Lisp code:
(mapc (lambda (i) (add-to-list 'org-agenda-files i)) '("G:\\_DOC\\" "G:\\_DOC\\.deft\\"))

I'll test this once I figure out why deft stopped working, guh

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
A while back I bought the Learning GNU Emacs book and only half-heartedly got into it but was side-tracked with irl obligations. Now that I have more free time, I've spent the past couple days getting back into doing programming stuff and going through the Emacs book very slowly.

I'm about 20% of the way through it now and I had my "oh poo poo this is awesome" moment a little while ago when I learned how to do C-x 2, C-x 3, C-x o, C-x 0. Twenty minutes later, I realized I haven't touched the mouse in forever. It's a good feeling.

edit--It's like from that Will Ferrell Brothers movie or whatever, where they make the bunk bed and are like "oh man, there's so much room now for... activities."

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 8, 2015

Wronkos
Jan 1, 2011

Love Stole the Day posted:

A while back I bought the Learning GNU Emacs book and only half-heartedly got into it but was side-tracked with irl obligations. Now that I have more free time, I've spent the past couple days getting back into doing programming stuff and going through the Emacs book very slowly.

I'm about 20% of the way through it now and I had my "oh poo poo this is awesome" moment a little while ago when I learned how to do C-x 2, C-x 3, C-x o, C-x 0. Twenty minutes later, I realized I haven't touched the mouse in forever. It's a good feeling.

edit--It's like from that Will Ferrell Brothers movie or whatever, where they make the bunk bed and are like "oh man, there's so much room now for... activities."

Yeah, I still consider myself an emacs amateur after a year of use, but even basic things like buffer control make you feel powerful. I discovered C-x h + TAB the other day for indenting my C source files and my life hasn't been the same since

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002
There are a few resources that aren't mentioned in the OP that might be useful for new and/or intermediate users. You guys can ignore these if you like; the Emacs help and EmacsWiki are both excellent resources. But if you're looking to get your feet really wet....

First, it helps to know that there are two approaches to helping new users in Emacs. One is "batteries included" (distribute a canned configuration with more intuitive defaults and a bunch of the more powerful packages, so users can start enjoying the power of Emacs nownownow). The other is "teach a man to fish" (give people advice and maybe code snippets, but let them write their own configuration). Ultimately, I think it's a personal choice, so here are good examples of both.

The Emacs Starter Kit started out as a "batteries included" set of configs, but the author changed his mind. Now it's a concise prose document describing some resources to get started. Not unlike the OP of this thread, but with a few more targeted recommendations. Worth a read, IMO. It's short, you won't waste too much time. :)

For "batteries included", check out Emacs Prelude. In its own words, "Prelude is an Emacs distribution that aims to enhance the default Emacs experience." IMO it's not reallly a "distribution," though -- it's just a bunch of configuration files. The author has thought a lot about the choices he makes in the Prelude; he talks through a lot of the code in it (among other things) on his Emacs blog. Even if you don't want to use Prelude whole-hog, it might be worth it to steal some of his code.

Speaking of using other people's code, you may want to look through the emacs.d projects on Github for cool ideas. Some people include their Emacs configs in their dotfiles, too.

And there's an Emacs StackExchange now. 'Course, you'll probably do better just letting it show up in your Google queries. :)

Like I said, feel free to ignore any/all of this if it's too overwhelming, but if you start wanting more resources to extend your Emacs knowledge, these are all good places to check out.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
I know the OP is super out of date and in need of a lot of sprucing. It's on my list to tackle sometime over the holidays.

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002
I wasn't trying to shame you into updating the OP, it's still pretty good. :)

If you want to lift anything I wrote, feel free. It's not amazing writing, but it might save you some time.

aerique
Jul 16, 2008
Why not mention Spacemacs as well as a batteries-included Emacs?

Perhaps for people looking to decide between Vim and Emacs.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really
So I just got on this bandwagon a few days ago, and I'm having trouble with packages. I wanted to install LaTeX Preview Pane (http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/LaTeXPreviewPane), and the wiki instructed me to just add the MELPA repository and package-install the thing, but as far as I can tell Emacs just won't contact the repository. Even that's conjecture, though, because I don't even know how to check if it's properly connected. I'm using Emacs 24.5.1 on windows 7 and the relevant parts of my .emacs currently looks like this:

code:
(require 'package)
(add-to-list 'package-archives
             '("melpa" . "http://melpa.org/packages/"))
(when (< emacs-major-version 24)
  (add-to-list 'package-archives '("gnu" . "http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/")))
(package-initialize)
I've tried different versions of this code, adding/removing the 's' in 'https', even tried to "manually" download package-filter.el the way MELPA's "Getting Started" page suggests just to see if it would help but it wouldn't even connect then either.

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002
Are you behind a proxy?

Sorry if that's a stupid question, but it's surprisingly easy to overlook IME.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really
Sometimes you gotta ask the stupid questions. I forgot to turn things off and on again more than I care to admit. No, I am not behind a proxy.

I got it to work, though. I found the Marmalade instructions, and for some reason M-: (add-to-list 'package-archives '("melpa" . "https://melpa.org/packages/")) succeeded where typing the exact same thing into .emacs failed.

e: Actually I think I might be having trouble with .emnacs itself because now it's not registering the settings I added for LaTeX Preview Pane

e2: Oh, goddammit. I was fiddling with a completely useless .emacs I put in the install directory for some reason, not the actual init file that's buried somewhere in AppData. I think I've got this now.

Terrorforge fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 21, 2016

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
spacemacs layouts are really good and i cant believe i havent been using them. this is the tool i've been wanting since i started programming.

i dont really get or like how the project based layouts work so instead i just have a layout file associated ocaited with each project and then load/save that layout when i load the project

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002
Spacemacs looks like a different editor implemented in Emacs. I wouldn't mind learning more about layers, especially if I could use them with my existing (ridiculously overcustomized) config. As it is, that's a lot of Kool-Aid.

OTOH, 90% of my config is (1) "load custom files based on what OS and/or user this is" and (2) a jillion use-package forms. I bet Spacemacs already handles (1) and it might play nicely with (2), so who knows.

e: I can't bbedit, apparently.

pgroce fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 22, 2016

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
Spacemacs uses use-package everywhere and personally I've come to really enjoy layers (I assume that's what he means by layouts, though I don't know what project-based layers are).

It's really nice to not have to also build a configuration management system when I'm building my editor. It makes it a lot easier to use others' configs as well.

It took a little bit of doing but there are a bunch of cool features like micro-states in there too. I built an xml layer that allows navigation by tag with only a couple hotkeys and it was pretty easy to learn everything necessary.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
No, not layers. There's a spacemacs/layouts micro mode (leader-l) that lets you:
1) Assign perspectives (workspaces) to 1-9
2) Those workspaces operates on their own buffer lists, so you can prevent things from getting all mixed up in the global buffer
3) Save and persist the layouts between sessions.

So it's just a little window manager thing but it works really well and it's very easy and intuitive to use.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

I'm getting back into emacs after nearly 20 years away from it. I've kind of kludged together a setup for working on php and django but theres somethiing thats driving me nuts

When I use Ctl-3 to split the window, whenever I click the right window it kind of flips out and pulls some sort of menu completion thingo down the bottom I've got the top menu wired to F10 so I dont know whats happening , but the mouse straight up doesnt work in the right window.

Any idea how to fix this poo poo? Ctl-K-h tells me its tmm-menubar-mouse thats running in the right window, but the left window works fine (getting window focus, selecting regions , etc)

Its driving me to drink

aerique
Jul 16, 2008

duck monster posted:

When I use Ctl-3 to split the window, whenever I click the right window it kind of flips out and pulls some sort of menu completion thingo down the bottom

Maybe a screenshot if you get no reactions? It doesn't sound familiar to me.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

aerique posted:

Maybe a screenshot if you get no reactions? It doesn't sound familiar to me.

This happens when I click the buffer on the right hand side.

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

duck monster posted:

This happens when I click the buffer on the right hand side.

Are you running in a terminal? The terminal may be sending the wrong mouse event to emacs. I'm not even sure emacs has mouse support in terminal mode, or how it compares to native mode.

Try using c-x o to switch windows instead?

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

dobbymoodge posted:

Are you running in a terminal? The terminal may be sending the wrong mouse event to emacs. I'm not even sure emacs has mouse support in terminal mode, or how it compares to native mode.

Try using c-x o to switch windows instead?

Yeah I'm doing that. The mouse works perfectly in the left window, but in the right window nothing works and it just does nonsense things.

Its on a remote terminal from home.

Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

duck monster posted:

Its on a remote terminal from home.

Have you considered using TRAMP instead? :smugmrgw:

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

eh.. worked it out in the end. It seems that its to do with screen. under tmux it doesnt happen, but under screen mouse handles weird

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Is there a way to cycle through the places where you changed a file, after you've closed and reopened it? Basically I press a button and it keeps jumping to the positions I edited last time.

I've looked at goto-last-change, but when I apply it to a file I just opened, it switches to my deft-buffer. Which is weird, because I thought goto-last-change only applies to the current buffer, at least without flags.

aerique
Jul 16, 2008

mike12345 posted:

Is there a way to cycle through the places where you changed a file, after you've closed and reopened it? Basically I press a button and it keeps jumping to the positions I edited last time.

The smart-rear end answer would be diff-hl and its diff-hl-next-hunk and diff-hl-previous-hunk commands.

Seriously, I'm not aware of a package that keeps this state around although it might not be too hard to add it to goto-last-change.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

aerique posted:

The smart-rear end answer would be diff-hl and its diff-hl-next-hunk and diff-hl-previous-hunk commands.

Seriously, I'm not aware of a package that keeps this state around although it might not be too hard to add it to goto-last-change.

Yeah I thought about something with git... but whatevs. Not that tragic, would've been cool if there's already an implentation.

Flash Gordon
May 8, 2006
Death To Ming
I'm using Spacemacs and despite it having an ess layer I'm having trouble getting it to play nicely with .Rnw files. There doesn't seem to be a easy command that will knit the file and create a pdf. I am trying to put something in my user config so that I can just type SPC-m-o-c and it will run the commands:

code:
Rscript -e "library(knitr); knit('filename.Rnw')" && pdflatex filename.tex
but I can't seem to get it to work. Here is what I currently have, it gives me an error about 'wrong type argument: stringp, nil'.:

code:
  (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.Rnw\\'" . Rnw-mode))
  (defun custom-knit ()
    (let ((rnw-file))
      (setq rnw-file (buffer-file-name))
      (concat "Rscript -e \"library(knitr); knit('" rnw-file
              "')\" && pdflatex " (file-name-base buffer-file-name) ".tex")
      )
    )
  (spacemacs/set-leader-keys-for-major-mode
    'Rnw-mode "moc" (shell-command (custom-knit)))
EDIT: Alright, got it working by adding the following two items to my .spacemacs:

code:
;; in user-init()
  (setq ess-swv-processor "knitr")
  (setq ess-swv-pdflatex-commands (quote ("pdflatex" "texti2pdf" "make")))

;; in user-config()
  (spacemacs/set-leader-keys "moc" '(lambda () (interactive)
                                      (ess-swv-PDF "pdflatex")))
I still need to manually start an R instance when I open up a .Rnw file (and it doesn't seem to switch to the proper major mode automatically) but it's close!

Flash Gordon fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 3, 2016

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

For some reason deft on my Windows install doesn't word wrap properly

I've looked through .emacs, but the only thing I found was global visual line wrap, which I've disabled. Still it looks like this.

e: on Linux the dates are properly aligned, one column.

e: err ok I used a variable-width font, thought it was the same config as on Linux, but it wasn't.

mike12345 fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 19, 2016

PleasantDilemma
Dec 5, 2006

The Last Hope for Peace
Lets say I have this org file:

code:
#+COLUMNS: %40ITEM(Task) %17Effort(Estimate){:} %CLOCKSUM

#+BEGIN: clocktable :maxlevel 2 :scope file 
#+CAPTION: Clock summary at [2016-04-07 Thu 17:28]
| Headline     |   Time |
|--------------+--------|
| *Total time* | *3:47* |
|--------------+--------|
| first        |   1:00 |
| second       |   0:21 |
| third        |   2:26 |
#+END:

* first
  CLOCK: [2016-04-07 Thu 1:29]--[2016-04-07 Thu 2:29] =>  1:00
:PROPERTIES: 
:Effort: 1:00
:END:

* second
  CLOCK: [2016-04-07 Thu 3:29]--[2016-04-07 Thu 3:50] =>  0:21
:Effort: 2:00

* third
  CLOCK: [2016-04-07 Thu 12:00]--[2016-04-07 Thu 12:29] =>  0:29
  CLOCK: [2016-04-07 Thu 13:00]--[2016-04-07 Thu 14:57] =>  1:57
:Effort: 1:00
According to the org mode docs, I can add :properties to the clocktable and the table will include the propery. I want to include my Effort property, but I can't seem to get it to work. What is the syntax? I tried :properties Effort and :properties :effort: but they do not work. I see the effort when I go to column mode, but I would like to see the effort VS real clock in a central report.

I'm on 24.5.1 on OS X with org version 8.2.10

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I recently learned how to do the most basic M-x org-mode stuff like C-c C-t so I've been using it to keep a basic to-do list with learning the Unreal Engine. I thought it might be cool to post a picture here since this thread isn't very active and could use more content.

The more I learn about this Emacs stuff, the more I like it. I really love how it lets me never have to reach for my mouse anymore. I've actually gotten to the point now where regardless of what text editor I'm in (e.g. notepad++, lua, VS) I always do C-x C-s out of habit and automatically do C-s C-g whenever I catch myself accidentally doing it the old way.

The manual for org-mode on their website is too intimidating even though each page seems to just be a couple paragraphs. Hopefully one day I'll get the inspiration to grind through it and learn how to do the more cool stuff like make exportable HTML tables and whatnot.

edit-- i also learned about M-x doctor and M-x tetris recently. emacs is cool as poo poo.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 19, 2016

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Now set up mu4e. Many people say web-interfaces for email are better but I respectfully disagree. If you have the time afterwards look at the calculator and the calendar.

It's nice isn't it. My emacs usage over the years had a very positive influence regarding the keeping of notes, journal entries and other organizational bonuses. I think I can say in all honesty that it improved my life in a way. There are of course a lot more modern and fancy-looking tools to do all that but emacs has everything and the kitchen sink and most of all, it's very easy to adapt to how you want it to do things while keeping it simple. (yes, it really is if you are past the learning curve and emacs-specific oddities) I even use emacs for some hobby C# development, omnisharp is very nice.

Here's a hint - make a cheat-sheet for most common stuff you want to do and leave it in a buffer that's always open and expand it if you feel like it. Of course you can always look everything up in google or in the documentation but in my experience, a self-made cheat sheet especially for the things you have problems with memorizing speeds things up and also helps with the learning process a lot more than just looking it up again and again. It also makes a lot of sense to just gloss over the various documentation, pick the things you think are usable for you and just.. well use them. For a lot of stuff even in org mode you might never have a use, it's no crime to ignore it then. That's the beauty of it.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Love Stole the Day posted:

I recently learned how to do the most basic M-x org-mode stuff like C-c C-t so I've been using it to keep a basic to-do list with learning the Unreal Engine. I thought it might be cool to post a picture here since this thread isn't very active and could use more content.

The more I learn about this Emacs stuff, the more I like it. I really love how it lets me never have to reach for my mouse anymore. I've actually gotten to the point now where regardless of what text editor I'm in (e.g. notepad++, lua, VS) I always do C-x C-s out of habit and automatically do C-s C-g whenever I catch myself accidentally doing it the old way.

The manual for org-mode on their website is too intimidating even though each page seems to just be a couple paragraphs. Hopefully one day I'll get the inspiration to grind through it and learn how to do the more cool stuff like make exportable HTML tables and whatnot.

edit-- i also learned about M-x doctor and M-x tetris recently. emacs is cool as poo poo.

org-mode is love, org-mode is life. I actually use it for note-taking and for presentations, because its LaTeX Beamer export allows for the much nicer org-mode markup that kind of translates heading levels into frames etc. instead of having to do it by hand. org-mode and LaTeX/RefTeX are the two main reasons why I started using Emacs to begin with.

I'm not a big a fan of using it for mail (though I know at least one person who does use it), but it's also a decent development platform. I use Geiser for Scheme/Racket stuff.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Anyone know if it's possible to create a custom start-up view for org? I know about overview and content, but ideally I'd like to define a view that only shows e.g. the first two headline levels, while leaving everything else folded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mekkanare
Sep 12, 2008
We have detected you are using ad blocking software.

Please add us to your whitelist to view this content.
I'm trying out emacs after using vim for a couple of years for the heck of it, but I'm running into an issue.
Has anybody had an issue with irony mode for C++ auto inserting parens and args when chosing a completion?
I've tried various googling to see how to disable this but I can't seem to figure it out.

Here's an example output:

This is my .emacs

I've tried running nothing but company mode + irony and it still would add parenthesis.
When using company mode for elixir I have no issues.

mekkanare fucked around with this message at 06:01 on May 21, 2016

• Locked thread