Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

BANME.sh posted:

foobar has two play modes, random and shuffle. I would assume random is just that, random, which means it could possibly play tracks twice or more. Shuffle is probably what you want. Or you can select your entire playlist and right click and shuffle the order of the songs, then just play through it using the normal play mode.

Neither of the two options do what Master_Odin wants. Shuffle chooses tracks based on a seed that's selected when foobar is launched. Random picks a new seed every time a new track is played.

Essentially, shuffle just plays a playlist whose tracks were chosen randomly at launch. Random does not have a pre-determined playlist. This is why it's possible to go to previous songs and even get repeating orders in Shuffle, but not in Random.

I'd go with either mixing up the playlist and just letting it play through, or just using Shuffle with repeat off. The latter may not always work, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

ledge posted:

This means that you can hear repeated orders of tracks. The way around this is to right-click and add to playback queue. This will play the track then resume from where you were avoiding repetition.

There's also a "random track" button or menu option you can use. This generates a new seed (i.e. makes a new "shuffle playlist") and does so every time you do it.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I'm interested in using this, but how the gently caress do I get it to work? I installed it, and it's in the installed components menu, but I can't add it to any of my toolbars and it's not in any of the context menus at all :psyduck:

EDIT: Figured it out. Looks like it can't be used in the main toolbar.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 9, 2013

• Locked thread