Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unacknowledged
Jul 20, 2004

Nobody likes me.

ledge posted:

The move file command in foobar is pretty powerful. In the context menu it is in File Opertations -> Move to. You can then setup a title formatting script to set the file pattern you want to use and then save that and run it on new files. This will create folders and so on if they don't already exist.

I have
\%album artist% - %date% - %album%\[%discnumber% - ]%tracknumber% - %title%%fileext%

Foobar will not move files without user intervention though, so you'll have to run this manually on any new files.

This is what I do and it's by far the best way to maintain my library. Having it automated would be nice, but I always have to fix/remove tags when I get new music, so it can't be any other way. Once you have your script saved its 2 clicks away. Since they implemented album cover embedding, I now only need foobar for complete maintenance and playback, it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread