Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
can the auto playlists look at a particular folder over a network, automatically add anything which is added in there to it's library, and keep shuffling it all? It's for work.

I have to ask our NY office for admin rights to install things, so I dont want to have to ask them more than once.
I think it should be able to, but the autoplaylists in the op only mentions tag changing - not actual folder scanning. even if it just does it once a night, thats good enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
What do you mean by play them manually?
Does it automatically add new albums you throw in a particular folder to its library? can you get it to play it's entire library on random, including anything new as it gets added?

It would be installed on an old server which we want to throw in the corner and forget about. I guess we could remote in each morning, but ideally we just turn the speakers on and some music is playing.
It also needs to update its library without complaining when we move things out of that folder, eg an album we're all sick of.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 19, 2011

• Locked thread