Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Got my email from Best Buy that they've shipped my Collector's edition. Now to use mankind's best and worst invention, shipment tracking. I'll shoot somebody in the face if it takes until the 17th to get from Kentucky to Michigan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaster Troy
Feb 8, 2010

BrokenKnees posted:

Got my email from Best Buy that they've shipped my Collector's edition. Now to use mankind's best and worst invention, shipment tracking. I'll shoot somebody in the face if it takes until the 17th to get from Kentucky to Michigan.

I've got the same date too from them, and mine is heading to NY. I'm really hoping it gets here early.

LunaticAngel
Feb 5, 2006
That random guy in the corner. You know, the one that one that everyone avoids?
Curse you US people and your 3 day earlier release date! This wait is going to kill me. Thankfully, Game usually gets pre-orders to my door on release day, and I have a day off next Friday. Just a pity my post doesn't normally turn up till 2pm+.

I've finally taken that last step in turning the assists off. The braking line is gone, and the clutch is in. Going to take a bit of getting used to, and I'm going to need to relearn some tracks and their braking points. Tried giving it a go in FM3, but the demo is just too drat good I can't play 3 for very long now.

I'm going through and adding some of you to my list so I have some close competition for the next few days, and when I finally get the game myself. GT: LunaticAngel2k

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

I'm disappointed that the thread title is not clever.

Good OP though :unsmith:

I was going to go with 'Forza Motorsport 4 - Say it with a T' but I thought better of it

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

LunaticAngel posted:

Curse you US people and your 3 day earlier release date! This wait is going to kill me. Thankfully, Game usually gets pre-orders to my door on release day, and I have a day off next Friday. Just a pity my post doesn't normally turn up till 2pm+.

I've finally taken that last step in turning the assists off. The braking line is gone, and the clutch is in. Going to take a bit of getting used to, and I'm going to need to relearn some tracks and their braking points. Tried giving it a go in FM3, but the demo is just too drat good I can't play 3 for very long now.

I'm going through and adding some of you to my list so I have some close competition for the next few days, and when I finally get the game myself. GT: LunaticAngel2k

Do game ever ship early? I pre-ordered the lce from them also, if not im going to have to ignore this thread on tuesday.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

Idiot race posted:

Do game ever ship early? I pre-ordered the lce from them also, if not im going to have to ignore this thread on tuesday.

It can certainly happen. I recieved Bioshock a week early and beat it before it was "out".

LunaticAngel
Feb 5, 2006
That random guy in the corner. You know, the one that one that everyone avoids?
I've occasionally had games turn up the day before release, but for the most part they arrive release day.

Having said that, due to the postal strikes around the same time, I did get FM3 about 5 days early.

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004
Do you guys think that using simulation steering will give drifters a significant advantage? I'm really just trying to decide whether I want to get used to it or not, because I really like the assisted steering in regular driving in the demo.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT1IXlRWpWQ

No lie; I will drive the F40 forever.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

Sunday Punch posted:

I was going to go with 'Forza Motorsport 4 - Say it with a T' but I thought better of it

May the Forz' be with you :c00l:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Kal Reegar - 01:42.041 - 1,480
yes we nyan - 01:42.065 - 1,513

Come at me bro!

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

maverick99 posted:

Do you guys think that using simulation steering will give drifters a significant advantage? I'm really just trying to decide whether I want to get used to it or not, because I really like the assisted steering in regular driving in the demo.

If you know what you're doing, I imagine it could help. I don't know much about drifting, though. With simulation, the wheels point where you tell them to without that extra layer of interpretation. The assisted steering helps catch the cat when it tries to spin, which I would think would be detrimental to drifting. Someone who knows how to drift would be able to answer better.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Finally got the demo after a week of torture and holy crap it kicks arse. Loving it so far. Out of interest, what does the paperclip on the leaderboards refer to?

Goddamn some of you guys are fast. I thought I was doing OK getting to the top 5% of the leaderboard until I checked my friends list and I'm in the top 75% :smith:

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

webmeister posted:

Finally got the demo after a week of torture and holy crap it kicks arse. Loving it so far. Out of interest, what does the paperclip on the leaderboards refer to?

Goddamn some of you guys are fast. I thought I was doing OK getting to the top 5% of the leaderboard until I checked my friends list and I'm in the top 75% :smith:

The paperclip means they have a ghost attached to their time that you can download.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Sunday Punch posted:

Forza Motorsport 4 - Kinect-enabled Car Fondling

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Finally got into the 1.42s on the Zonda. Jarf, I was following your ghost and went from five car lengths behind you to ten in front of you in that long downhill right, the one with the traffic sign at the apex. I hosed up the blind sweeper after the uphill section and lost it all, but I thought you'd like to know that you leave tons of time lying around there, I think you have to take it slower and turn inside way more.

PrettyhateM
Apr 17, 2002
Well my amazon LE order seems to have changed ship date to release date shipping. Does anyone now if I can get my best buy 5 dollar preorder back?

bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

PrettyhateM posted:

Well my amazon LE order seems to have changed ship date to release date shipping. Does anyone now if I can get my best buy 5 dollar preorder back?

You could try calling them and asking.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Also, I think just like in Forza 3 install disk two from the menu of disk one. I believe last time it would cause errors if installed from the dashboard, might happen again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbJ1ImnRzlc&feature=relmfu

shows tidbits of various modes and rivals and stuff.

Minimaul fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 7, 2011

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
gently caress FUCKITY gently caress.

Game posted:

Dear Captain Hair,

Thank you for preordering Forza Motorsport 4 from GAME.co.uk

Due to the epic size of Forza Motorsport 4 we have a lot to do to make sure it gets to
you in time for launch day. As a result, we will be processing your order and charging your
payment card a little earlier than usual.

You may receive an email informing you that your order has been cancelled.
If your order has been cancelled please place a new order on https://www.game.co.uk/forza

If your payment has been successful you will receive an email letting you know that your order
is on its way. It will not reach you early, this just means its being held ready for delivery on launch day.

Please note all courier tracking numbers will not be active until the evening prior to the release date.

If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team:
http://www.game.co.uk/contact

The Customer Service Team
GAME.co.uk

I havn't been told its cancelled, but also my account hasn't been charged yet either. So I guess now I just have to wait and see, I'm probly just being paranoid. I did pre-order over 2 months ago so I hope I don't get messed about by this.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Fargin Icehole posted:

I picked this up from the last thread, that the vinyl groups from the third game cannot be imported to the fourth, am i getting this right?

Because if so, that's a drat shame because there's two detailed closeups of Christopher Walken and Clint Eastwood as Blondie that I've been saving for this.

It's my understanding that any car specific full liveries cannot be imported but individual vinyls and vinyl groups should import just fine.

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Hey, keep the noise down Jerk, this is a residential area.

Captain Hair posted:

gently caress FUCKITY gently caress.

I havn't been told its cancelled, but also my account hasn't been charged yet either. So I guess now I just have to wait and see, I'm probly just being paranoid. I did pre-order over 2 months ago so I hope I don't get messed about by this.

I've just got one of those as well so I proberly wouldn't worry, mines been pre-ordered since mid July.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

pvax posted:

It's my understanding that any car specific full liveries cannot be imported but individual vinyls and vinyl groups should import just fine.

Yes, this is true. The cars have all been reworked, and liveries can't be imported because they don't line up on the cars in 4 as they did in 3. However, vinyl groups can be imported without a problem.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Played the demo for hours, definitely preordering this.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
FINALLY got the chance to download the demo (despite my connection dropping out 6 times :argh:). I've only done a couple of races so far but the handling feel of the cars is massively improved over F3. The cougar is floaty and compliant, without feeling dead. The Zonda actually has snap oversteer, something I never experienced in 3! This is fantastic so far. Too bad I keep accidentally rewinding when trying to shift down due to the non-configurable controller mapping.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I'm really liking the handling so far, even if it is more difficult. The Musclecar Race is so much fun, but I swear it's impossible to complete a clean lap in it. And the 458 Rivals race is pissing me off. It's so hard to be clean and fast, I can run clean and be about half a second behind UNDERGROUNDSPAZ, or I can beat his time by like 4 seconds, but I get my right wheels into the runoff area on one of the corners and invalidate my lap. Not to mention when I get the inside line on a traffic car, who then gleefully sidesweeps me like I'm not even there.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Best Buy posted:

Dear ACEBUCKEYE13

Thank you for your Forza Motorsport 4: Limited Collector's Edition (sku 2953607) pre-order on BestBuy.com. Unfortunately, due to an overwhelming demand, Best Buy is unable to fulfill your pre-order; as a result, your order will be canceled and you will not be charged for this item.

FUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK :argh:
Well, that's what I get for not pre-ordering until two weeks before the game comes out. Is there anywhere I can still pre-order the limited edition?

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored by Big tobacco!

Best Buy posted:

Dear Blodycoughbynewport,

Thank you for your Forza Motorsport 4: Limited Collector's Edition (sku 2953607) pre-order on BestBuy.com. Unfortunately, due to an overwhelming demand, Best Buy is unable to fulfill your pre-order; as a result, your order will be canceled and you will not be charged for this item.

We would like to inform you, however, that the standard edition is available for pre-order. If you are interested, please contact us to place an order for the standard edition. Also, we want to make this right for you. Should you choose to change your pre-order to the standard edition, we would like to offer you a $20 Best Buy gift card and 1,600 Xbox LIVE points for free. Please contact us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) by Thursday, October 13 and we will place a pre-order for the standard edition and include the free items.

FFFFFUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUU

Guess it's time to try Target, oh boy can't wait to get my CR-Z hybrid.

e:f;b

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

quote:

We would like to inform you, however, that the standard edition is available for pre-order. If you are interested, please contact us to place an order for the standard edition. Also, we want to make this right for you. Should you choose to change your pre-order to the standard edition, we would like to offer you a $20 Best Buy gift card and 1,600 Xbox LIVE points for free. Please contact us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) by Thursday, October 13 and we will place a pre-order for the standard edition and include the free items.

To ensure you receive your pre-order on Tuesday, October 11 please select in-store pickup. If this option is inconvenient for you we will have it shipped expedited at no additional cost. Please note the video game and gift card will ship separately. Once your new pre-order is placed you will receive your downloadable Xbox LIVE code within an hour to the email address you have provided.

If you used a credit card for this pre-order and have questions about the cancellation process, please click here. If you used a Best Buy gift card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we will send you a replacement.

We are sorry for this and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please have your order number handy when you contact us so that we may serve you faster.

Thank you for shopping at BestBuy.com,

Best Buy Customer Service

Blooo blooo.

boondocksts
Sep 28, 2004
the blazing s4
I got an email from Best Buy saying they couldn't fulfill my LCE order so it was cancelled. That's pretty annoying considering I ordered it a month ago. Looks like no one else has the LCE for order anymore either. That's disappointing
EDIT: guess I'm not the only one

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Acebuckeye13 posted:

FUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK :argh:
Well, that's what I get for not pre-ordering until two weeks before the game comes out. Is there anywhere I can still pre-order the limited edition?

Wal-Mart maybe? Gamestop doesn't have the LCE anymore either.

As an aside my phone autocorrects "Gamestop" to "falsehood."

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I pre-ordered mine from Best Buy in-store for in-store pickup at the little kiosk thingy a few weeks back.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Goddamn I'm glad I pre-ordered the LCE in-person from Best Buy like a month ago.

Daemonite
Apr 25, 2002

Alright, I'm going to be the jerk I guess. As much as I love this series, I'm not very excited about this release. I'm curious if anyone else feels the same way.

The demo showed a much improved cockpit mode and the new physics system is sweet, but where is the content? There's really only four new tracks (be honest with yourself, the Top Gear track is a gimmick that will get old pretty quickly). While the graphics have improved, they are drowned out by overdone contrast and lighting effects. It's like Forza 3 with the ENB-Series shader mod applied to it.

It has a distinct recycled feeling that's worse than the move from GT3 to GT4 for those of you who remember that. I know I'll get this game eventually, but I have a feeling I'll burn out on it pretty quickly from all the similarities to its predecessor.

ComfortablyNumb
Nov 7, 2008

This is not how I am.
Got my Best Buy "Your order has been canceled" email. I called them and they said my order was still showing up as pending (meaning not canceled) while others were actually showing canceled. They told me to call back later and re-verify my order was still going to go through. Oh please oh please oh please ye gods of motoring video games, be good to me...

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
I did a LCE pre-order this morning from Deepdiscountdvd.com and it was 69.99 with free shipping, getting overnight put it right at $80.

Never had a problem with them before on dvd orders so that may be a place to look at as well.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I got an email from Best Buy today too.

quote:

Hi Ziploc:

Below you will find a list of the item(s) that are now en route to you!

Item(s)shipped
Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Edition (XBOX 360)

I pre-ordered last week about a day before the Canadian site said it was out.

Sorry guys!

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Minimaul posted:

I pre-ordered mine from Best Buy in-store for in-store pickup at the little kiosk thingy a few weeks back.

Same here - but now i'm having some "oh poo poo" thoughts. Didn't get an email or anything - but I'm not sure the Los Feliz Best Buy is even competent enough to send one out. It would suck, but I would be tempted if they offered that 20 bucks AND 1600 point card offer.

Who am I kidding ... I want my little crown dammit and my gift cars with tacky videogame paints for free.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

BrokenKnees posted:

Had mine cancelled too, but I already got a notice that it was shipping and a tracking number so I'm calling right now to check on things. If it ends up being lovely, anybody know of a store still selling the LCE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Daemonite posted:

Alright, I'm going to be the jerk I guess. As much as I love this series, I'm not very excited about this release. I'm curious if anyone else feels the same way.

The demo showed a much improved cockpit mode and the new physics system is sweet, but where is the content? There's really only four new tracks (be honest with yourself, the Top Gear track is a gimmick that will get old pretty quickly). While the graphics have improved, they are drowned out by overdone contrast and lighting effects. It's like Forza 3 with the ENB-Series shader mod applied to it.

It has a distinct recycled feeling that's worse than the move from GT3 to GT4 for those of you who remember that. I know I'll get this game eventually, but I have a feeling I'll burn out on it pretty quickly from all the similarities to its predecessor.

The physics, cockpit mode and not to forget the sound do a lot more for me than a few new tracks ever could. They finally infused some passion into the driving experience, where previously it felt mechanical, and consequently this demo made me way more excited for the upcoming release than all the other Forza's.

I can see where you're coming from, but I do wonder how widespread this sentiment is and how it falls between the lines of wheel/controller and assist/no assist users.

• Locked thread