Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Reminder that there is a Game with Dev tonight at 8pm est it looks like. They say they are giving away "tons of unicorns" so....:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

L_Harrison posted:

:getin:

Was there a specific room? Or should we be friend requesting some of the Devs?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

speedtek posted:

If one was to buy the season pass now, would he still be able to get the November & December packs?

I said come in! posted:

Yep, you get all of the packs up to this point. There is an American Muscle Car pack too.

I already bought the November pack over a month ago before I realized the Season Pass existed. I have not yet bought the December pack and I see that the Season Pass mentions "six car packs" so I'm assuming that the Pass is still more than worth it to purchase, even though I already have one of the packs?

Bo Bo Ska Diddle
Dec 3, 2011
Sent request to join AUGR. GT is DefectiveLlama

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

GOD IS BED posted:

Was there a specific room? Or should we be friend requesting some of the Devs?

You go onto the Turn10 Facebook page chat room around the start time, and the Devs will post specific rooms that the races will be in. Of course, theres hundreds of people in the chat trying to get into the races as well, so good luck getting into one.

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans
the alternative is to get in an xbox live party with 1 or more persons who are monitoring the chat, and they'll tell you where and what to look for. Just be prepared to sit in front of your TV for at least an hour doing absolutely nothing. For what it's worth, I've gotten into multiple races the two times I attended one of these. However I had no luck whatsoever for the first hour and a half, then all of a sudden I was finding races left and right, so don't get discouraged early on.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Finally got my Ferrari 360 CS tonight :toot:

Now I can stop worrying about Game with Dev nights, because I honestly don't give much of a poo poo about the remaining 5 Unicorns I don't have. Thank gently caress.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
I still want the preorder cars :(

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Hello Spaceman posted:

I still want the preorder cars :(
You and me both. I got one, but it wasn't the one I really wanted.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
Luckily I snagged the 1M, which was the only one I really wanted :smug:

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Sunday Punch posted:

Luckily I snagged the 1M, which was the only one I really wanted :smug:

The 1M is what I want. Is there any way to still get a code for one? Is there a trading post somewhere?

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

speedtek posted:

The 1M is what I want. Is there any way to still get a code for one? Is there a trading post somewhere?
If you had the CR-Z and we both hadn't used our codes, I'd trade you. :/

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I know this is really late but I just got Forza 4 for Christmas and have been playing the hell out of it since I've been off work. Here are my first impressions:

Cars:
The cars seem about the same as I had with F3 + DLC along with a handful of new additions.
All the cars look great.
I originally hated how far back you were from the dashboard compared to FM3 (gauges are illegible in some cars, I liked to drive with HUD off in 3) but I don't notice anymore.
The sense of speed is greatly increased since 3.

Tracks:
No more New York :(
No more Sidewinder :)
The Top Gear Test Track is addictive.

Gameplay:
With all assists off and simulation steering, the game seems a LOT harder. The reward is the cars feel that much more realistic. There's really no reason to buy cars in career mode (I'm only at level 25 though) because the game throws so many at you. I'm not sure I like how they are all auto-upgraded to be competitive in the next events though.

Overall I've been having a great time. Maybe eventually I'll renew my Xbox Live subscription and race with you guys.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You'll have to buy cars to finish the Events List.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I've been playing a lot recently, and I love it. I can't articulate that any further, I just love the way the game plays.
And holy hell that Mercedes 190E Evo is incredible.

Dotcom656
Apr 7, 2007
I WILL TAKE BETTER PICTURES OF MY DRAWINGS BEFORE POSTING THEM
Does anyone know how long turn 10 support might get back to me about restoring 2 unicorn cars I had when my Xbox was stolen? I got a 360S with a new copy of Forza 4 and I've been playing it on my new TV but I want my Ferrari and Lamborghini back.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dotcom656 posted:

Does anyone know how long turn 10 support might get back to me about restoring 2 unicorn cars I had when my Xbox was stolen? I got a 360S with a new copy of Forza 4 and I've been playing it on my new TV but I want my Ferrari and Lamborghini back.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt that you'll get them back. T10 is very stubborn about not giving people any cars for any reason.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Thats odd, wasnt the 360CS one of the profile import cars? I dont seem to have that, i've got the 430 Scud and the Lambo but not the 360CS. I'm pretty sure I bought one in FM3 so it would transfer over also.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Idiot race posted:

Thats odd, wasnt the 360CS one of the profile import cars? I dont seem to have that, i've got the 430 Scud and the Lambo but not the 360CS. I'm pretty sure I bought one in FM3 so it would transfer over also.

Nope. The 3 Unicorns in Forza 3 as well as the 430 and Gallardo were the 5 import Unicorns.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Today is the Jan. DLC announcement, has anyone seen it yet? Especially excited about this after hearing about what it MIGHT be. Major Nelson at least confirmed that it is coming next week.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

No 787B. gently caress everything.

Kaster Troy
Feb 8, 2010
Just checked out Jalopnik.com and they just posted it http://jalopnik.com/5871277/forza-4-january-jalopnik-dlc-pack-this-is-it

1970 Alfa Romeo Montreal
2011 Audi RS5
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS
1986 Dodge Shelby Omni GLHS
2000 Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo
1973 Ford Pinto
2011 Honda #33 Level 5 Motorsports Lola
2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe
2011 Lamborghini #08 West Yokohama Gallardo LP560-4
2012 Pagani Huayra!!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

And the new trailer is out, and that rumored car list ended up being horseshit. :( Not a single car on it, made it into the Jan. DLC.

Here is the trailer; http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=05sgjoZDyrA

This months is actually pretty underwhelming in my opinion. The rumored DLC pack didn't help, expectations were high on this one due to that.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Including the Pinto is hilarious, I wonder if they'll add in fireballs when the car gets rear-ended.

The Impala is going to generate thousands of police liveries.

Irish Legend
Aug 12, 2011
I am so glad I gave up on video game rumors years ago. They only lead to disappointment. I do agree this pack is fairly dull but I might spring for the Season pass here soon anyhow.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Irish Legend posted:

I am so glad I gave up on video game rumors years ago. They only lead to disappointment. I do agree this pack is fairly dull but I might spring for the Season pass here soon anyhow.

It's on sale right now, so do it sooner rather then later.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

I said come in! posted:

It's on sale right now, so do it sooner rather then later.

Was only on sale yesterday I'm afraid. It's back up to 2400 points.

Laughing at the Pinto though. Tuning that sucker to B class, painting it pink and taking into pubbie races as soon as I can.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
I'm happy enough with the pack, disappointed there's no MG in like the rumoured list. If only because adding a British car raises the chance of them putting a Mini in :(

All in all there's only 1 car I'd never drive in the pack and a couple that I'd drive the poo poo out of. There was sooooooo many of those fiats around here, can't wait to drive that one. Older Alfa is sweet too.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Omni GLHS!!! Impala!!! everything else, meh. Where the gently caress is my classic yellowbird??? :(

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I know what livery will be most rampant on the storefront for the Fiat Coupe...

Nice to see a Gallardo GT car, the Hyuyruryuyaua and pinto.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
The Gallardo is of interest to me (currently painting Super Trofeo liveries) but the rest of the pack is kinda eh, the rumored list was way better :smith:. I do kinda want to hear the Huayra though.

quote:

This photo annoys me because it only reminds me how we can't paint spoiler endplates :argh:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Caprice 9C1 (even if it has an Impala badge)? Check.
Charger Police? Check.

The game hungers even more for either a CVPI or a Marauder now.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
The Marauder would be nice.

I love the fact that they put in a Pinto, but hate the fact that that too-good-to-be-true rumored list was too good to be true.

I'll grab the Alfa, the Pinto and the Santa Maria. Also the Impala and the Omni.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Haha I totally called the GLHS, awesome! Although no 787 is a bit of a downer.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Pumped for the new Pagani!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They really need a five dollar vinyl creator update or something. Something that gives you full control over what is on the car, not just paint a side, but oh wait but this bit over here is technically part of the side, not the top, so you have to paint that from the side.

Find some better way of texturing the cars so we can just throw a vinyl on a car and it puts it exactly like the vinyl should look on all the surfaces. The only time you should have to paint a separate surface is for maybe a hood scoop or a spoiler. I'm tired of having to mess with shapes and rotating and skewing to get a line to where I want because the texture for one part of the car is all skewed.

They should really just have a perfect grid over the entire car and mess with the how the texture goes on the mesh until it's perfect. If they want to flaunt how amazing their editor is, we should get at least that. I couldn't work with several cars in 3 because one group of polys on the car was using the texture from the opposite side or a different part of the car entirely.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

People have been suggesting improvements to the livery editor for every Forza game, and Turn 10 has mostly ignored all of it.. every enhancement has been geared more towards people who are already experts at creating liveries rather than making it more accessible to newbies.

Disregarding the threat of boobs tainting their game, the best option would be some kind of jpeg import. A step below that would be some kind of web based editor that lets us import to the game. Dig straight down about a mile and you end up where we are now.. pushing triangles and squiggles around with thumbsticks for hours on end.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

I was really let down by the lack of changes to the vinyl editor for Forza 4. It's identical to Forza 3's implementation apart from the two pages of community shapes and the horrible ugly border vinyls have where they border on the car's base paint. There's a huge list of improvements that I was hoping to get at least some of, I was a little shocked to find the editor almost completely unchanged from the last game.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
Yeah, the new shapes aren't even very good, which just adds insult to injury.

I just wish there were a couple more fonts - a good serif font, and maybe something else with really thick letterforms.

I'd actually like a total re-do of the text tools - something that lets you pick a font, then get a bunch of letters using the on-screen keyboard, and set the height/width scaling, kerning, weight, skew, and whatever else. The output would end up being normal layers anyway, but at least it would cut down on tedium. I also hate making custom letters, poo poo takes forever sometimes, so anything that can make that less necessary would be grand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I just want one feature, a slider.

100% reflective (Mirror) <-----|--> 100% non-reflective (Matte)

Forza 4's default level of paint shinyness is way too heavily implemented. Cars just don't look like that in the real world and it's almost silly how reflective every car in Forza 4 is. It would be nice it we had some control over that variable.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 27, 2011

• Locked thread