Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Has anyone taken care 75? That's a real close colour scheme to my typical Feisar/Wipeout livery, so it'd fit right in to my garage. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

wolrah posted:

If you're a Wayne's World fan you'll probably like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_3VtGkVx5A

Wrong car, but close enough.

This is loving hysterical. How does he have that much control?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Scirocco Griffon posted:

So I just got the "thanks for bothering" car for last month's KotT.

Just fyi the Bentley isn't a KotT reward card, it's just a random VIP handout.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

wolrah posted:

I am, and I did very much. That is a work of art.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Bentai posted:

I'd like #79, since it's my preferred number when I race, but boy those Macross/UN Spacey cars look really good too.

Which ever you prefer most. I can slap a 79 on the side of one of the Macross cars (just let me know if you want it clean or not). Also, is your GT Betai? thats what I have on my list for some reason.

greg, I'll toss the Marlboro one your way, since that one isn't claimed yet. Do you want it to be #69? Also, whoever bagsquad is needs to let me know what he wants as he has reserved #69 as well.

LiquidRain, I'll write you in as well. Edit: apparently you're not "officially" GTCC? what's your GT again (or just send me a friend request).

Regarding the Bentley (I got it too), I think I spent more time changing colors on my "skittles" cars than whoever put that together. That license plate is godawful, and why did they outline the hood that way? Maybe I'll paint mine over with a tiger scheme just to show off (though it may end up Massillon Tigers).

Edit: IOwnCalculus, I forgot to change the number on your Stealth car. Right now it says 80 when you asked for 81. All you have to do is change the '0' to '1' - it's Forza Font, so shouldn't be a problem.

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 10, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
25 more laps. Still can't get it. I've never had less fun while playing a video game. I want to kill myself.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Is it always this hard to find a race with quick match or does my connection suck?

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
Sorry I bailed on the invite guys. Girlfriend has called me to go out.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

YF19pilot posted:

Maybe I should try to convince the GTCC guys to run this as a spec...

Otherwise, both Repsol paint jobs are two of my favorites.

Edit: How am I suppose to find/favorite JPM if he doesn't have anything on his store front that I can search him for?
AUGR has a TBA/TBA race on the schedule. Not sure how many of our Wednesday Night Regulars picked one of these faboo cars up, though.

Asnorban posted:

Is it always this hard to find a race with quick match or does my connection suck?
If I'm going to pubbie race, I don't use quick match - head down to the circuit race section, and pick a class. I find the most fun between F and C classes...once you go above C, I find that it's all too easy for some pubbie to bump you and send you from 2nd to last place in the blink of an eye.

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Mar 10, 2012

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I really do have to thank you guys for your support. Thanks to all of you who have accepted a car from me, I'm making money hand over fist in the KotT JPM challenge.

Also, Indy sucks, why can't we have the Daytona Road Course?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

YF19pilot posted:

greg, I'll toss the Marlboro one your way, since that one isn't claimed yet. Do you want it to be #69?

Whatever number is on there is fine, I just liked the look of the 69 car and I'm a child. My usual racing number is 219, but it's fine if that doesn't fit or you don't feel like changing up the car.

You get the frog vinyl OK, or do I still need to gift that to you?

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
yeah, if you could. I think it keeps you from gifting any kind of locked decal, even if it was free.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

YF19pilot posted:

yeah, if you could. I think it keeps you from gifting any kind of locked decal, even if it was free.

Done and done. Thanks for the car.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

YF19pilot posted:

LiquidRain, I'll write you in as well. Edit: apparently you're not "officially" GTCC? what's your GT again (or just send me a friend request).
I'm in the GTCC group! My GT is Rainwave.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Welp, after probably close to 75 laps, I'm done. 1:32.299. Good enough. Did make a poo poo-ton of money and XP, though :).

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Welp, after probably close to 75 laps, I'm done. 1:32.299. Good enough. Did make a poo poo-ton of money and XP, though :).

Grats. That's about the same time I pulled with the same amount of laps. I treated myself to a poo poo ton of new cars. :)

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I managed a 1:32.384 after about 12 or so. I had to cheat with traction control, but really the biggest helper was chasing somebody faster (Lightglobe).

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy
Where are you guys having trouble? Maybe I can help.

Also, remember you can dip two wheels off in turns 1/2 and 7/9/10/11 (that's the right after the u-turn as #7)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
What worked for me was chasing 4 or 5 different ghosts around the time I wanted to get and making a line for myself. Also I thnk a high 1:31 to low 1:32 is honestly the fastest you're going to get with any assists on, especially TCS/Auto)

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
I just set ehonda as my rival and shaved 3 seconds off of my lap.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

YF19pilot posted:

Maybe I should try to convince the GTCC guys to run this as a spec...

I'm totally down for that. The cars look fantastic, and spec races are a lot of fun.

Pinky the Cube
Jul 21, 2010

General Probe posted:

2. For beating T10 member johniwanna's time in the monthly Wiesmann challenge you will receive a 2005 NSX-R GT Unicorn his time is 2:12.477. Also You must beat this time BEFORE 8 a.m. PST March 13

So y'all know this little bastard shaved some time off yesterday. Hopefully he's done because I have had it with that rear end salad of a car.

His current time is 2:11:598. I just ran a 2:11:597. This will have to do. Please let it do.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Pinky the Cube posted:

So y'all know this little bastard shaved some time off yesterday. Hopefully he's done because I have had it with that rear end salad of a car.

His current time is 2:11:598. I just ran a 2:11:597. This will have to do. Please let it do.

You've got to be making GBS threads me. We have to beat his updated time? Fuuuck. (http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/5250060.aspx)

PopeOnARope fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 10, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Pinky the Cube posted:

Well that's just goddam awesome. I'm currently sitting at a 2:11.685. Another tenth shouldn't be too hard to find.

Famous last words

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.
2.11.598? It's rare for me to bitch about any of the cars in game, I can usually find something redeemable about the thing or can at least say, "it's just not a car I'd choose to drive." But that Weismann is an absolute piece of poo poo. And it's not like he threw down an absolute poo poo time in it. No, Turn 10 is laughing as all of us are forced to drive the absolute worst car in the game for hours on end. There is nothing good about this car. It's like hiding in an outhouse while the Nazis piss and poo poo on you.

In my mind I say "gently caress this". Right now, in the real world, I'm loading up F4. gently caress this.

wolrah posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_3VtGkVx5A

Wrong car, but close enough.

I need this tune. NEED IT. You can keep the paintjob.

einTier fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 11, 2012

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Pinky the Cube posted:

Mother FUCKER.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

He's been driving that track constantly. I clicked on his xbox profile every so often over the past few days (because I'm a creepy e-stalker like that) and it had been on rivals mode pretty much all day every day since that thing started. That said, if you watch his replay it took him 30 minutes to set that time and it looks like he never figured out how to stop without ABS in all that time so I doubt it's getting much better.

I personally found out I was losing a ton of time by shifting too much (using normal manual). I don't know if I could get any further improvement by switching to manual w/ clutch, I'm like 0.300 up on his time but if I can deal with driving that car again I might have another go in clutch mode just in case he does something really lame like setting a new time the night before the thing is over. I don't even care about the prize car that much, Rivals just has a way of making me feel grudges towards anonymous internet car racers

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

einTier posted:

No, Turn 10 is laughing as all of us are forced to drive the absolute worst car in the game for hours on end.

Someone has never driven the Mantide, I see.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

The first two gears on the Wiesmann are pretty much useless, I shaved a couple seconds off my time when I figured out it's better to just stay at 3rd or above everywhere but the first section.

I'm sitting on 2:10.7xx and I'm pretty sure I could knock another second off, but that car is just not much fun so I'll just hope for the best instead.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Cannot Find Server posted:

I made a genuinely quick Mantide for S700!

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Yeah, I really wish the Weismann wasn't such a piece of poo poo. I think it's a great looking car, but it's absolutely terrible to drive. The NSX unicorn car is not enough motivation for me to do more than two laps in that horrible thing.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
Just wanted to check in and say what an absolute pleasure that Lancia is to drive. Even got a few compliments on the paintjob.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Day Man posted:

Yeah, I really wish the Weismann wasn't such a piece of poo poo. I think it's a great looking car, but it's absolutely terrible to drive. The NSX unicorn car is not enough motivation for me to do more than two laps in that horrible thing.

Pretty much my opinion, I don't think I even set a laptime, it's so loving horrible.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Day Man posted:

It only took me about 2 or 3 laps to set my time :smug:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

YF19pilot posted:

Which ever you prefer most. I can slap a 79 on the side of one of the Macross cars (just let me know if you want it clean or not). Also, is your GT Betai? thats what I have on my list for some reason.
If no one from GTCC picks up the #70 Macross car, I'll happily take that with a #79 slapped on the side. Thank you very much.

My GT is actually "Gathering Quill". :)

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Symphoric posted:

The first two gears on the Wiesmann are pretty much useless, I shaved a couple seconds off my time when I figured out it's better to just stay at 3rd or above everywhere but the first section.

This helped a decent amount, I knocked about half a second off by not going below third gear after the first turn. The car seems to understeer badly no matter what gear I'm in! The only part I still can't really figure out is the twisty section after the first turn but I'm tired of the car/track at this point and got my time under 2:11 so I probably won't bother anymore. At least that challenge finally forced me to learn how to do hairpin turns.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Cannot Find Server posted:

I will never understand Scatterfold's love for that thing. RIDE THE TIDE.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

T1g4h posted:

I will never understand Scatterfold's love for that thing. RIDE THE TIDE.

:cripes: falken's tune is really very good and I love how it looks both ironically, unironically & 'pataphorically

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
All right kids, it's time for another GTCC tournament spec.

trice posted:

This will be a 4 week multiclass tournament. The first class is lightweight classic cars race prepped to C425, the second class is classic race cars prepped to A530. Each week will visit 2 race tracks from one region.

CLASS 1 CARS:
'77 Ford RS1800
'74 Lancia Stratos
'73 BMW 2002
'71 Lotus Elan
'70 Datsun 510
'69 Nissan 240z
'71 Nissan 2000GTR
'65 Alfa Romeo GTA
'80 Fiat 131 Abarth
'81 VW Scirocco
'84 VW GTI

Class 1 Restrictions:
C425
Sports tires ONLY
215 width tires MAX
No drivetrain swaps
No engine swaps
No wheels more than +1 inch larger than stock
Race Roll Cage
No Race Transmission

CLASS 2 CARS:
'57 Maserati 300
'56 Jaguar D-Type
'58 Aston Martin DBR-1
'57 Ferrari 250 TR

Class 2 Restrictions:
A530 max PI
Sports tires ONLY
225 Max Front tire width
235 Max Rear tire width
NO FORZA AERO
No drivetrain swaps
No engine swaps
No wheels more than +1 inch larger than stock
No Race Transmission

For each week you may have ONE TUNE. In between weeks you can tune and change parts on your car within the spec, but for each set of 2 races you must pick a tune that works for both tracks.

Tracks:
USA WEEK 1:
Laguna Seca 15 laps
Sebring Full 10 laps

UK WEEK 2:

Silverstone International 20 laps
Top Gear Outside loop 15 laps

JAPAN WEEK 3:
Suzuka Full 15 laps
Motegi Ring 15 laps

GERMANY WEEK 4:

Nurburgring 4 laps
Hockenheimring Full 12 laps

I'm getting in that class 2 Ferrari so hard it's gonna break my pelvis.

EDIT: updated the spec re:tuning setups restricted to one setup per week.

The Science Goy fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Mar 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Hell loving yes. That spec is going to be amazing.

• Locked thread