Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Here's the prices of all of the cars in next weeks DLC

2012 Hennessey Venom GT R3 783 - 900 000 CR
1965 Austin-Healey 3000 MkIII F 173 - 50 000 CR
1966 Lotus Cortina F 149 - 32 000 CR
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon E 297 - 29 000 CR
2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8 B 489 - 28 000 CR
2011 Ford Transit SuperSportVan F 145 - 28 000 CR
2012 Smart ForTwo F 101 - 12 000 CR
1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 C 383 - 6000 CR
1990 Subaru Legacy RS D 346 - 6000 CR
1977 AMC Pacer X F 104 - 5000 CR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I said come in! posted:

Here's the prices of all of the cars in next weeks DLC

2012 Hennessey Venom GT R3 783 - 900 000 CR
1965 Austin-Healey 3000 MkIII F 173 - 50 000 CR
1966 Lotus Cortina F 149 - 32 000 CR
2011 Ford Transit SuperSportVan F 145 - 28 000 CR
2012 Smart ForTwo F 101 - 12 000 CR

That Venom is going to be absolutely useless.

Glad to see there are a lot of F class cars, leaves lots of room for upgrades. Stick a GT40 engine in that Ford Transit!

Now we need an expansion pack that allows us to do this

Jarf fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 27, 2012

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

GOD IS BED posted:

So is anyone going to organise a Cortina spec? Maybe something with the RS1800 and Elan? Cause I want in on that.

e: something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWp-0TuY4Sk
(Is there a good Galaxy stand in? Maybe the Thunderbolt? Maybe a stripped out new Mini to stand in for original Minis?)

I want to race this in Forza now. It looks like a blast.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Forza must be training me well, because I could see that rollover happening at the 1:00 mark well before it actually happened.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Jarf posted:

That Venom is going to be absolutely useless.

Glad to see there are a lot of F class cars, leaves lots of room for upgrades. Stick a GT40 engine in that Ford Transit!

Now we need an expansion pack that allows us to do this
The venom might well be very good in r2 875.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Having just watched the relevant Top Gear episode, I'm thinking a race made up of Transits and appropriately detuned/restricted XFRs (closest we can get to the diesel S-Type) on the Nurburgring would be worth a shot. Now that I'm thinking about it though, I'd put a good bet on the Transit on the 'Ring being the new traffic challenge, and holy poo poo will that suck.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Falken posted:

The venom might well be very good in r2 875.

Honestly thats the car I give least shits about in this pack, I would have rather had a real racecar.

Instead we have a cobbled together elise built by a crook who calls his customer base 'a group of internet nut swingers'

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm still kind of on the fence about this pack. Do I really want it? It feels like I can just skip it, or at the very least wait until it goes down in price. With the Porsche pack coming out the same month too, that makes it even harder to justify. It's only $7* though. :X

*really it's $10 because the only way you can get it is by buying 800 points.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

I said come in! posted:

I'm still kind of on the fence about this pack. Do I really want it? It feels like I can just skip it, or at the very least wait until it goes down in price. With the Porsche pack coming out the same month too, that makes it even harder to justify. It's only $7* though. :X

*really it's $10 because the only way you can get it is by buying 800 points.

You can just go to Gamestop and get a code for $7. It's how I get DLC without giving Microsoft a credit card number.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I'll buy it just for the smart car and that dumbass van.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

ANAmal.net posted:

I'll buy it just for the smart car and that dumbass van.
Yep, this is my opinion.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just finally got around to messing with this car.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I said come in! posted:

I just finally got around to messing with this car.

I need this magic. I need it now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I need this magic. I need it now.

It's at the very top of the most downloaded list.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Idiot race posted:

Honestly thats the car I give least shits about in this pack, I would have rather had a real racecar.

Instead we have a cobbled together elise built by a crook who calls his customer base 'a group of internet nut swingers'

Plus Steven Tyler recently bought one, which immediately puts it in the "Seriously Uncool" category.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Scirocco Griffon posted:

Plus Steven Tyler recently bought one, which immediately puts it in the "Seriously Uncool" category.

Why are the wheels covered up with what looks like pizza boxes?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

I said come in! posted:

Those are wheels, what are you talking about? Only morons see them as boxes. You must be a moron.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Those are wheels, what are you talking about? Only morons see them as boxes. You must be a moron.

Doh, silly me! :kiddo:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

I said come in! posted:

John needed to pay the pool boy so he sold them to another customer. New wheels are on order for next week once our credit clears, promise. No need to come and visit to check. It'll all be fine. If there's delays, well, that's what happens sometimes when you get a TRUE custom product. We're still the best in the business and have many happy customers so get off our backs, jeeze.

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 28, 2012

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

The real 2012 apocalypse will occur when Tyler crashes his Venom GT and dies, and everyone else on earth is driven insane by thousands of classic rock stations playing the same four Aerosmith songs non-stop in tribute for weeks afterward.

The world will not end with a bang or a whimper, but with a YAKYAKYAKYAKYAK-YOWWWWWW!!!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

God, Aerosmith is such a horrible band. At least Tyler didn't buy a real car to crash into something.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
I LOVE YA CAUSE YA DEUCES ARE WIIIIIILD GIIIIIIIRL LIKE A DOUBLE SHOT 'A LOVIN SO FIIIIIIIEEEEEYYIIIIINE

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Forza 4 needs a Dacia Sandero.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Bentai posted:

If they add one, I will be forced to start every race with "Good News!"

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

T1g4h posted:

If they add one, I will be forced to start every race with "Good News!"

Oooh, maybe ISCI! can make us a Professor Farnsworth livery for the Sandero.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Bentai posted:

I have to admit, I'm actually a bit disappointed that the Top Gear pack didn't include a Lacetti to round out the Reasonably Priced collection.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
gently caress that, what with all these electric cars/hybrids, where's my Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust?

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Falken posted:

gently caress that, what with all these electric cars/hybrids, where's my Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust?

The game can't render nearly enough smoke for that to be realistic, unfortunately.

d100
Jun 13, 2006
mesons keep me employed
I am more disappointed in the lack of a Reliant Robin. I have been hoping for one since the Top Gear partnership was announced.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If we're putting in top gear electric cars in, at least put in the one they got right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE3GvbDgOCg

Too many batteries in it to fit a driver, and even if you could, it'd probably be too dangerous!

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
WE BE RACIN'

GT: vertigo360 and also Captain Howdy 0

VERTiG0 fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 28, 2012

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I would like a wrangler unlimited

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Falken posted:

2 laps of the Nurburgring in Geoff or bust.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Oh man imagine if they put those cars in the game

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

VERTiG0 posted:

Oh man imagine if they put those cars in the game

Hopefully the Hammerhead would have realistic "back end sags the more you drive it" physics.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

VERTiG0 posted:

WE BE RACIN'

GT: vertigo360 and also Captain Howdy 0

Nice racing with you guys. Unfortunately had to go check some auctions and couldn't rejoin due to "network error" or whatever. I've got another day of free Live Gold left. Maybe should buy the 3 month pack...

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Ringo R posted:

Nice racing with you guys. Unfortunately had to go check some auctions and couldn't rejoin due to "network error" or whatever. I've got another day of free Live Gold left. Maybe should buy the 3 month pack...

Ahhh you're Rin9o R eh? Makes sense now. Yes, good racing for sure, and yes, get the 3 month pack of Gold.

00Fresh
Sep 4, 2004

Here's a few clips from last night.

Me pulling as rear end in a top hat move on Rainwave.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbv47OWolZc

Last lap of the same race. Spent 4 laps trying to pass fuzzy made a move on the last lap but didn't have enough power to get the win.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUwRNcBCS30

Everyone trying to be first
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1UAUHsNq5I

The Top Gear test track incident
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdhbklNGmQM

Pubby race wreck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xYV4UUgKjI

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

00Fresh posted:

Here's a few clips from last night.