Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
A friend of mine made this. He's into stickers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

A friend of mine made this. He's into stickers.

Sticker dude strikes again

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Dr. Faustus posted:

Holy crap. I want a sticker dude.

He's pricey, $50k. hazard2gnt is his storefront.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

LiquidRain posted:

That's not really pricey in Forza 4, that's 2 minutes in Rivals mode. Has Rivals mode not wrecked the storefront economy? (or do folks just not care)

Ah, I see. I mainly stick to event list stuff because I'm terrible. :v:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

YF19pilot posted:

Also, for the obligatory Gulf livery, is there a specific H/S/B setting for the colors besides "blue" and "orange"?

I don't know the specific H/S/B settings off hand but sticker dude I mentioned before "hazard2gnt" made this set and it seems pretty good. The site muted the colors a lot but in game it's pretty vivid

Edit: Whoops. Totally just noticed the god drat torq thrusts on there. :doh:

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 17, 2012

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'll snag #20

gt uberingram

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

YF19pilot posted:

uberingham

uberingram

:P

As much as I do enjoy ham it's ingram like the name and/or firearm.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

YF19pilot posted:

Apparently I got your name right everywhere but here. And I like ham, too. And guns.

Qres, #20 was already taken, but I can put you down for 21 with a 20 plackard.

That's cool with me. You rock. :)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Soooooo this 787 sure is something.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Thanks for the etiquette chat. I've been too :ohdear: to try any goon racing because I'm awful but it looks like you guys are pretty cool kats on the track.

:unsmith:

Edit: Jesus Christ I love this car. :3:

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 24, 2012

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Cojawfee posted:

This is what I want. The body usually stays the same throughout the trim levels except for maybe a new bumper or some piece on a fender. How hard would it be to just put the body in the game and then have optional trim levels that changes the badges and maybe some of the body style, The most major changes are things we wouldn't even see like brakes, engine and suspension.

M3s are nice, but I'd like to see a regular 3 series. Or the V6 Mustang with the ecoboost. I'm tired of seeing the highest trim available.

What? There are plenty of lovely cars in this game.

('73 Pinto with turbo Duratec and actually quite fun in C class)

:colbert:

Edit: I'm being horribly sarcastic and like posting pictures. :P

Also,

Captain Hair posted:

Oh yeah and theres almost always the token "taking my 1800's horse and buggy for a gentlemanly stroll" in some classic at the back of the pack. He will always give you room and on no circumstances tolerate a risk of scratching his paint.
...this is me. :v:

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 24, 2012

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Dr. Faustus posted:

Pinto is fun in *any* class. :colbert:
The downside with that car/motor combo is that it's really loud. Like tin can loud.

You're also 100% right.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

"Downside" doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.
Heh. It's mostly the lovely speakers on my LCD. It's the perfect pitch to rattle the poo poo out of them. I actually love the sound. The kid was trying to do homework and he turned around "Is that the car or the TV?"

Both. :v:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

YF19pilot posted:

So, with the "2013" Dodge Dart coming "Q2 2012", what do you think are the chances we might see it as DLC? Maybe not this month but April?

I hope so because it's a pretty slick looking little car IMO.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Captain Hair posted:

I'm in a goddamn 79' Camaro that weighs a billion tons

The second I got here I read the rest of your post in Clarkson's voice. :3:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mac Tonight posted:

gently caress. I'm at 1:58 still. I really don't want to do that challenge again. gently caress that car in every way.

Brake early and don't be afraid to ride the curbs. Sure, the car is an absolute boat but I nailed a 1:50 even on the starting lap.

Edit: Just checked, I posted a 1:46.267 with ABS/TCS and I really suck at this game. You definitely can do it. :)

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 27, 2012

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

General Probe posted:

Yes, how you acquire a unicorn is irrelevant, only that you have one matters for the achievement. Also I'd be careful about the dirt/clean stuff for this challenge because T10 was giving the impression that dirt or not Rampages official time is what it is and the people doing the challenge need to do it clean, so best get to lappin if you really want that Camaro SS and haven't got a clean 1:51.674

Clean as in stayed on the pavement the entire lap? How can I tell what 'kind' of lap my 1:46 was or how it will be viewed by T10?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

ANAmal.net posted:

If it has a little exclamation point in a triangle caution sign looking thing next to your time, it's a dirty lap.

Dirty laps are where you went off (you can often put a wheel off without getting this), hit something/someone, used the rewind feature, damaged the car (like going into 3rd when you wanted 5th, or bottoming out and loving the suspension), or drafted.

Gotchya, I'll have to check when I'm home though. I do remember riding the rumble strips (correct term?) like a two dollar hooker because that car is fat fat fatty fat.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

YF19pilot posted:

A NASCAR expansion would actually own, especially if they went full bore in having street and race versions of the classic cars. Things like 80s G-bodies, Ford Torinos, Chevy Luminas. Also an excuse for including a Toyota Camry in the game for narcoleptic drivers.

I would buy the gently caress out of this so hard.

Turn 10, I am throwing money at my screen. Take it. Take it NOW.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Seymour Butts posted:

How the hell is rampage's time so f'ing good? I must have ran 10-15 laps and never did better than 1:57!?

I got a 1:46 with TCS and STM on. The best place to save a poo poo ton of time in that land yacht is the corkscrew. Brake as early as you can so by the time you turn into the screw can throttle down straight through it. You'll grace the strips a tad but it's clean and you'll have a crap load of speed built up. If you prefer 3rd person view than zoom out a bit so you can see what your front corners are doing.

Side note: I like to leave the full line on because I'm horrible at track memory but have no problems using it as a reference point to building better entry/brake points. Like the dude above me said, it's super conservative. More often than not it's calling for full braking when what you really should be doing it merely easing off the throttle and picking a more aggressive turn in spot.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 27, 2012

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

The moment I stopped caring about the line was when I was hurling an Ultimate Aero down the back straight of Mulsanne at 225 and climbing and the line kicked in and demanded I slow down with 4 miles of nothing ahead of me.

No joke. Some of its suggestions are down right :psyduck:

There's a poo poo load of places on the Alps track that it literally thinks I must be driving a shopping cart with solid tires.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Seymour Butts posted:

Just ran a 1:47.819 on the Rampage Challenge. Nothing happened :(

Prizes don't go out until the contest ends.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Where can I furiously mash F5 for the DLC announcement?

ForzaMotorsport.net?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I said come in! posted:

Apparently the announcement has been delayed until tomorrow, according to Badned at Forzacentral.

My poor F5 button. :ohdear:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ether Frenzy posted:

This is the real secret to be learned here. Actual motorsport legends usually turn into better Forza racers than the LX trim Accord your mom had in 1987.

You shut your lie hole. My baby puke green Pinto is awesome. :colbert:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Between the Ford wagon and the Corvair I'm sold.

Edit:

IOwnCalculus posted:

The record scratch in the trailer when the Country Squire comes up is the first time I've laughed at that in ages.
Holy gently caress I'm dying over here. :lol::lol:

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 29, 2012

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Sex Vicar posted:

So who wants a new Forza game this year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nava72HTq0

It's probably a re-named Forza World. The MMO they were working on.

Looks like Porsche is back as well :woop:

Yeah I'm not buying it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

Finally got the achievement for getting a 4 star drift. After hours of trying in a Trueno Sprinter on Kaido, I got it going around the last corner on Suzuka in a 57 Bel Air. Yay logic. Then I tried to drift an LMP. No luck there.

Triangle test track, bone stock 'Cuda. 3 utterly massive wide turns to do stupid huge drifts. You can probably nail it on your first try.

Scirocco Griffon posted:

Bernese Alps is a great place to practice drifting, as I found out in the monthly drift challenge. Lots of wide sweeping corners that give a decent margin for error when going sideways, even in a big monster like the Corvette-engined Impala SS I was using.

Holy gently caress. Can I buy that design? :stare:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ringo Star Get posted:

It shouldn't be a yearly thing though, they can easily make it bi-yearly like they've done in the past as long as they maintain "season passes" that last for, say, 6 months, DLC, and of course other extras.

A yearly release will just lead to splitting the community more, as well as making it just like Madden. I feel like it would cheapen it. Every time Forza was coming out, it was just on time as interest and the feel of "completing" the previous one was finished.

From 2005 to 2011 we had 4 Forza's and in my group of friends we have never said "oh man, 2 years is too long to wait."

A million times this. Who honestly thinks this franchise needs to be refreshed every year?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
With regular DLC and DLC packages (like a Season Pass) you can keep a title going for a long time and build a massive community. This isn't going to do anything other than line corporate pockets and fragment the community.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Yay! :neckbeard:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
This will bring my Forza investment to $110 just for the game/content and I'm completely OK with that. :allears:

I have zero faith in Horizon being any good. The sad part is that I'll probably buy it on release day too.

:sigh:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I said come in! posted:

They can't have Ferrari if there are police chases.

Sarcasm or is Ferrari that particular?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Symphoric posted:

Not really. The 911, 914, 928, 944, Cayman/Boxter, and Carrera GT are all pretty different from each other. There's probably one or two more I can't think of right now too.

I don't really care for the whole DLC scheme, but I'll pay $20 for Porsches happily.

This post is 100% better if you read it in Hammond's voice.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GreatGreen posted:

I will never stop cruising on highways and drifting around corners in crowded city intersections with a garage full of gaudy-as-possible supercars.

All my Ferrari's are white with neon green wheels. :allears:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I was telling my Forza cohort the Horizon news and this happened.

quote:

:v: - It could be insanely good or insanely bad. There will be no middle ground. We both know where it will fall.
:) - Insanely good - open the box and there's an SCCA license inside. Insanely bad - open the box and there's a game disc

Oh God he's right. :lol::lol::lol:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Idiot race posted:

Also yeah porsche I cant wait! Also the new dlc is tommorow right?
Yep. :)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm kinda bored with Skyrim even though I still haven't played the main plotline through yet.

It doesn't get any better, trust me.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'll be stuck at work tomorrow so I expect loads of awesome wagon pictures being posted.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

IOwnCalculus posted:

I didn't see any draw to it until I watched that video.

Suddenly now I want it.

Welp, color me sold too.

• Locked thread