Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I assume the preorder cars are given as a code like every other preorder bonus. If so, would anyone with a Subaru like to trade for a MINI from Walmart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Is there any point to the grading thing that pops up for turns, passing, etc? It doesn't seem to do anything for the demo, but is it just going to be a "good job!" kind of thing in the full version too?

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Hello Spaceman posted:

I can regift the LFA I have (and cannot use) in FM3, for anybody who wants it.

I'll take it and gladly re-gift it to the next person who wants it.

GT: Deltavictor12

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Hello Spaceman posted:

Sorry guy, I already gifted it to a friend (who got me on IM) :(
I am sure there are plenty of folks here who'd be willing to regift their FM3 LFA, after importing. Especially now that we know it works.

It's ok, my copy probably won't show up tomorrow anyway.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I would at least expect a "stock" option for muscle cars and anything else from that era. Even though this would basically be the same as turning off TCS and ABS yourself, calling it "stock" seems cooler.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Hey Walmart, how's my order coming:

quote:

Your order is being processed. It is estimated to arrive between Tuesday, 10/18/2011 and Thursday, 10/20/2011.

Oh. Guess I should have gotten release shipping.

So if anyone wants to send me an LFA when they're done with it, I'd be thankful. Or if anyone wants to trade for the pre-order Mini.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Walmart ran out of LCE's and sent me an email:

quote:

We apologize for the inconvenience. To thank you for shopping at Walmart.com, we’ll be sending you the Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360) base edition at no charge. We will also be providing you with a code (located on the item packaging) to download a free exclusive Mini Cooper Downloadable in game car.

:stare: I guess I've got some money to buy DLC.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I sent a request to GISH, GT: DeltaVictor12

Also, can anyone tell me what files I should see from the dashboard? I've got two corrupted ones, one of which I'm pretty sure is my tuning file. I got a corrupt file message every time I tried to save a tuning setup in game.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

After doing a few track days, I've noticed the AI gets somewhat predictable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZqew4tEnCk

Seems to always be an outside-inside-outside line through the corners. (Although this might have been a little more luck than skill)

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I made a livery. I'm not too good at making anything more than lines.

I feel like it needs something more, so I'm open to suggestions.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What is your XBL name? I want to buy this from you.

I don't even care how much.

DeltaVictor12. I put lljk and gish in the description since I figured goons would like it. The Bluth Co. logo itself is on there too, but right now it's orange instead of red.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Didn't Hyundai have a free DLC pack a month or so after 3 came out?

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Is this month the last or second to last of the season pass? I'd imagine they're going to announce all the VIP stuff soon.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Weren't we supposed to get cars for just competing in the last King of the Track, or is that just for VIPs?

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Someone here said they used a T-bird, so I tried that. I just swapped in the GT500 engine and every engine upgrade, then threw on some big rims and anything else that would add weight (it was at like 3602 lbs or so). I can't get a good launch, but I was able to beat the target time.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Does Forza have surround sound, or is it just terrible? I finally have a proper 5.1 set up and this is the only game that doesn't sound right. I just assumed it did since the sound is so good otherwise.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

I think it's worth noting that if you're driving in anything but Cockpit/Hood cam view, the majority of your own engine noise will be in the front channels.

I don't know if I just wasn't hearing it, but I could when I tried again. I bounced off a few guardrails and cars next to me. I guess I was just expecting it to be louder.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

So rcman and I got bored the other night and decided to mess around with the AI. I already knew they were awful at driving LMP cars on oval tracks, but we also found out that they get stuck if you push them to the inside of turns.

Once we saw that one could get stuck, we decided to get the whole field down there. So we did a little herding.

And after chasing down two that got away, we had this.

Then we decided to go for a parade lap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TILIhZQ0UN4

We weren't expecting them to be able to climb that far back up the turn. I'm not sure what causes this, but I assume the coding tells them to take the shortest route back to the racing line.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Strenots, DeltaVictor12, who are you guys?

I'm DeltaVictor. I thought I was on the spreadsheet.

Edit: Whoops, now I am.

Deeters fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 2, 2012

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Falken posted:

e: Driving physics look eh, and the framerate worse.

That interview that was linked further up the page mentioned that the framerate was dropped to 30.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

This Beetle is so much fun.

I put in all the engine upgrades and left the suspension stock, and it just tries to wheelie out of every corner. :3:

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

If the Viper wasn't a supercar, would it be able to do this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIvLjKSPiiQ

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Sex Vicar posted:

I'd love if they took the model of giving the tracks away so everyone can use them while the development is paid for like Motorstorm did but I don't see anything happening.

I wonder if they could do something by selling the billboards and "ad space" around the tracks in the game. I would think that they enough people play the game that they could make the money for the tracks back.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I just spent the entire day at the historic festival at Lime Rock, and now I'm kind of sad it's not in Forza. Although I'd rather see all the old F1 cars that were there in game before the track.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I'd like to see some sort of reliability factor added, so if you have a stock engine that has all of the performance upgrades on it, there's a chance that it will break in a long race. And then have a 1 in 1000000 chance of a completely stock car breaking down. I think it would be easy to put in as a difficulty option with damage and everything.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

What? You guys don't want your Ferraris to randomly burst into flames? I could see it getting really annoying, that's why I'd have it as an option.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

YF19pilot posted:

I could see maybe having engine wear being an option in single-player. But the problem is we start going down the road of Gran Turismo, with oil changes, body straightening, engine overhauls, license tests, random used car lots, etc. etc.

Yeah, I don't want all the GT stuff. I was thinking more like if you're going down Mulsanne in a bored out Pinto, there's a chance that your engine suddenly hits 100% damage.

I'd rather see more ridiculous engine swaps and aero options first, though.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I took a shot with the Ka

Is there still any somewhat casual goon racing going on? I'd like to get back into wheel-to-wheel racing, and I don't think I need to tell you guys how annoying pubbies are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

They mentioned Ron Howard's movie in the open-wheel announcement, so maybe Fuji will be in too. I looked up the '76 F1 season expecting to use that as a reason for Spa, but that was one of the years that there wasn't a GP there.

L_Harrison posted:

I seem to recall there was a scanning crew for Microsoft at Lime Rock a year or so ago I think, so that's another track that might have made it in. It host ALMS and such as well, so it's got good reason to be, other than being loving awesome of course.

And this needs to be true. Lime Rock would be like Maple Valley without all the rollovers.

• Locked thread