Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The secret transfer car is the HKS Time Attack Evo, so you should add that to the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Minimaul posted:

the HKS evo is a (maybe transfer) unicorn. The secret transfer car is the DMC delorean.

From BADNED's list on Forza Central (most accurate):

"2006 HKS Time Attack Evolution CT230R [Unicorn / Buy in Auction House]"

People with an early copy said the secret is the DeLorean on neogaf.

I read the Evo on the Forza forums, so now I'm just all kinds of confused.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

AFewBricksShy posted:

Cannot find server gifted me an LfA because he is awesome, however it shows up in the game as a "missing content ". The ultimate edition pack isn't for download on xbl, so am I pretty much sol?

There is a sample pack that you can download and it will make the car visible. You will not be able to drive it, but it *might* import over to Forza 4, although I've read conflicting reports as to whether it will or not.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Q_res posted:

I bought a new Xbox so I can actually play this thing, finally. The only cars I need off the list in the OP are the LF-A and the 69 Camaro SS. Could anyone help me out with those?

I can throw an LF-A your way, but make sure you either have the Ultimate Pack sample or the Stig pack; otherwise, it'll show up as missing content. And as already noted, I really don't know if it'll transfer to Forza 4 if you don't actually have the Stig pack.

With the Camaro, you're very likely SOL. You can't trade Unicorns, and I don't see Turn 10 giving any out anymore.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

AFewBricksShy posted:

I don't see the stig pack or ultimate pack on xbl. The only thing I see is a trailer for the ultimate pack. Anyone got a link for either?

You can't buy either; only download a sample, but that's all you need to get the LF-A in your garage. The only way to get the actual packs is either by winning the Stig Pack (which contains the LF-A, the 550 and some lovely Merc) or buying the game all over again (gently caress THAT).

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GOD IS BED posted:

Thanks for the reminder. I was about to come begging the thread.

Do your Forzabux from FM3 transfer over at all?

No, but you do get bonus credits based on your driver level in F3, up to 60,000.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Brownie posted:

:allears:

That aside, did any of the previous Forza's have an Ariel Atom, even as DLC? Wanna drive that car.

Due to the way Turn 10 models cars and their suspension, this is an impossibility right now. Maybe in Forza 5.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Brownie posted:

Really? Any details or anything? That actually sounds like an interesting read. I wouldn't think it would be an issue but maybe I've no idea how the Atom's suspension works.

I just remember discovering that thing in PGR3 and it being the best part of that game.

Basically, Turn 10 doesn't model suspensions is what it comes down to. This is really obvious on certain cars in Forza 3, like the 250 TR which is almost open-wheel up front; where the suspension should be is just blank nothingness instead. They've posted about this on their blogs quite a few times, responding to fans demanding the Atom and Caterham 7 be added.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Brownie posted:

Right, but why do they refuse to do so? Is it because they don't want to animate anything or is it the complexity or what? If they're just laser scanning all their cars then they wouldn't really be able to do that with the atom, so if that's the case it makes sense.

I imagine it comes down to hardware. Suspension components would be pretty resource-intensive if they wanted to model them properly to fit with the rest of the game, and given that they've already had to make some pretty significant compromises in Forza 4 (i.e. no night racing) to make the game run smooth and look good, it just doesn't seem like they could pull it off. Remember, the 360 is very old by console standards, and I'm sure that Forza 4 is already pushing the old bastard to it's limits.

Forza 5 on the Xbox 720 will (hopefully) not run into these limitations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Can't play this until I'm done with class at 3. I'm also paranoid that Gamestop will pull a Best Buy with my poo poo, even though I know they won't.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Hello Spaceman posted:

Rather talk about how awesome the game is, when you get it.

No please don't do this, it'll make these last 5 hours take even longer than they already are :(

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

real_scud posted:

edit: Also in the code sheet for the LCE what the hell is the Limited Edition Track Pack?

Benchmark, I think. Which is kinda stupid because Benchmark is great to dick around on and everyone should have access to it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

So does anyone know if unicorns (or locked cars in general) can be shared in the car clubs? Seems like a bunch of dudes here wanna drive the 69 Camaro SS, which I have and would gladly share, but they're locked in Forza 3 and so cannot be gifted. I'd like to set up some kind of Unicorn sharing thing so we can all drive all the Unicorns without needing to get them all individually (took me over a year just to get the three in Forza 3), but I've not read anywhere saying that they can or cannot be shared.

I really hope that they can...

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Minimaul posted:

And Top Gear Soccer field (playable online only)

This is gonna be the best thing for dicking around, although I am a bit disappointed that they put an actual ball in; I like having a car as the 'ball' in 3. Granted this was mostly because by the time we'd get around to car soccer I'd be too drunk to do anything anyway, so I was always the ball so I didn't have to try and do things, but still :v:

Q_res posted:

Call me crazy, but I really want to do Soccer with old 60s and 70s Muscle Cars.

Hummer H1's will be the correct way to do soccer.

comedy option: stock Nissan Leafs (Leaves?)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Q_res posted:

That could also be fun. But a bunch of big, wallowy musclecars powersliding into each other? It would own.

That's why you upgrade them to A class or something. Super powerful AWD 8 billion pound monstrosities sounds perfect.

e- I SAW THAT you can't hide poo poo from me :ninja:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Don Lapre posted:

Can we do online death races on the top gear track since it loops into itself.

There really ought to be a demolition derby-type game mode for this track online. Simulation damage, you lose when your engine reaches >80%, last man standing wins. I'd play the gently caress out of this.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ziploc posted:

Would be unbalanced as gently caress though. Unless all in the same cars.

Front engine, RWD muscle cars only. Then we could recreate the redneck figure 8 racing we have around here.

The more I think of it, the better this sounds. Once there's only 1 person who can move more than 10 MPH, race is over, he wins.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cactachair posted:

Same here. We should have a NoobGoons club or something because I sure as hell don't need to be taking up one of 100 slots in a club that's got people ranking in the top 10%.

I think it'd actually benefit you dudes more to be in a mixed club. Good tunes by guys who know how to tune cars can go a long way to helping you get faster, and having more experienced racers to explain racing techniques and to follow around the track is invaluable. Hanging out with faster racers will inevitably help you get faster, even if you're a true blue newbie who has no idea about anything in racing sims.

Just don't expect me to be any of these, because I'm still prone to embarrassingly dumb mistakes and poor racing techniques despite being someone who should know better by now, and I still can't tune anything past D class.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SynMoo posted:

Wouldn't be a launch day without goon drama, would it?

I hope this leads to stupid poo poo like a different IRC channel getting set up by bitter goons :allears:

In all honesty, Spaceman and Sigma, you guys should set it up again, keep the name the same and just change the tag to LLJK.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Last night/this morning in a nutshell:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ANAmal.net posted:

Yeah, they really did fix the hell out of the PI system. AWD cheater cars are properly costed now, so you can't get top tier handling and speed in addition to their insane launches.

Yeah, while there's a lot I really love about this game, this is so far my favorite part. I can be just as competitive in a heavy, burly muscle car as I can be in a nimble little Ferrari or an AWD Subaru, and that's AWESOME. And I don't even like muscle cars!

On a totally unrelated note, the Esprit is a loving baller car and everyone should own one and drive one any chance they get.

Just look at those sexy, sexy machines. LOOK AT THEM.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Oct 13, 2011

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

General Probe posted:

I tried to clear out some of my cars, but I can't figure out how...

Go to your garage, highlight a car that you've shared, select it and unshare it.

I think that our club garage should consist only of Unicorns and insane things like R3 Ka's.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BlazeKinser posted:

I'd also ask folks to make sure the cars they share are actually driveable, because maxed out econoboxes that can't turn or brake or do anything but ricochet off a wall at 200mph are just a waste of space.

Excuse me, R3 Ka's last night was pretty much the greatest thing ever :colbert:

Well, greatest thing behind Elise vs. Hummer.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Pudgygiant posted:

Really want to see me driving under Cube's Hummer. And 3 Hummers spontaneously flipping / rolling on a straight.

I'll be uploading it to the youtube when I get home!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Was dicking around with some cars and discovered that :siren::siren:the NA glitch is still in the game:siren::siren:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

goons playing forza 4.wmv

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Partial Octopus posted:

:frogsiren:If you are not registered to this list by friday you will be kicked from lljk:frogsiren:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au3ezolOd-59dDFGRWRIV0xZQWVuc1d1UTNfTnJsY3c&hl=en_US#gid=0

Looking at this, it looks like I pissed off shogunner quite a bit :laugh:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

AwwJeah posted:

You're both arguing on a spreadsheet.

I didn't do anything to the spreadsheet. On the other hand, it wasn't him either, so V:v:V

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Oct 16, 2011

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

sc0tty posted:

What do the colors on the Select Event Grid mean?

e: Also, is there any sort of structure to how the races are organised horizontally and vertically?

Grey means you have no eligible car for an event, blue means you do but aren't in it, green means you're in a car eligible for that event.

They are mostly structured by type. You'll have one column of Euro Tour and going up or down in that column means going up or down in class, as an example. This doesn't hold true for all of them though; the first few 'chunks' of events aren't organized in any particular fashion.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

drat you pandaaaaaaa :argh:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Zinjnok posted:

That was, by a large margin, my favorite race so far.

That was insane. I can't believe we raced that close for so long without one or the other messing up and making contact with each other/the wall.

I still have no idea where you pulled that run from coming out of that last corner :psyduck:, but it was drat impressive. I'll also have a video up of the finish when I get home so the other goons who were there can see what we were laughing about.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ChocNitty posted:

After doing the Veyron challenge, and passing class E cars at 200mph, i've fully realized the awesome sense of speed that this game is capable of conveying.

We did some multi class racing at Camino Viejo the other night. Half in F class, half in R1. I was in an R1 car and caught a few F class dudes in the downhill run to the hairpin, and oh my god it was loving terrifying. The sens of speed in this game really is amazing, and at narrow tracks like that, it's insanity.

On that note, we need to do more R1 and F class racing because it's as fun as it is scary.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Athanatos posted:

and just another random race where you have to watch my terribleness because I just recorded it straight up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djrMwbm7Y0g

Nice use of the braking line at about 55 seconds in :stare:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

xzzy posted:

The F40 was my dream car for a significant portion of my formative years. :smith:

I still think it's one of the most gorgeous cars ever made (the 288 GTO gets my vote as prettiest car of all time).

The F50, on the other hand, is a hideous abomination.

The F50 is awesome both to drive and to look at and you're a broken human being :colbert:

At least you're right about the 288 GTO being the best Ferrari (although the Lotus Esprit S4 is and will likely always be the prettiest car of all time).

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

^^subtlety is really nice too, and that's one of the reasons why (most) Lotus' are so beautiful to me.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I remember I used to have Lamborghini Countach posters all over the my walls when I was young. They ALWAYS had several of them for sale each year at the school book fair.

While the car looks very 80's, I still love it.

The Countach looks pretty badass, I gotta agree. Too bad it drives like plain ol' rear end, though. When I drove it in Forza 2, I thought that they must've gotten the handling all wrong until I did more research about the car and found out that no, it really does suck.

The Espada is my favorite Lamborghini, but it's probably never going to be in a game. It probably also drives like rear end as well, so no big loss I guess.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 18, 2011

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Why the Hummer is awesome at being terrible.

The ridiculous finish between Panda and myself I mentioned earlier.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Zinjnok posted:

How in the hell did I not hit you?

You came out of nowhere and spooked me so much that I flew down the track; otherwise, yeah, that would've been a collision. I probably would have won had I stayed up high and blocked you, but I was not at all expecting you to suddenly appear there and just reacted out of habit.

Whatever, it led to an awesome finish :v:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fatrick posted:

Sorry about loving up your smash up guys, I had to go to bed. Listening to you guys panic and try to stop me was pretty funny though, that was a fun little chase there for that last bit.

Why didn't you just quit, then?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Turn 10 just wiped the lower class leaderboards and fixed the retarded Super Bee/Dart bullshit, so now we can have races where dudes aren't running 5+ seconds faster than anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Falken posted:

We were doing a time trial on Nurburgring Norschliefe with R1s, which was fun as hell.

R1 time trials at Nurburgring is probably my favorite thing to do in this game right now. Track is insane in those cars.

• Locked thread