Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
I'm disappointed that the thread title is not clever.

Good OP though :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
Got the BestBuy dread e-mail, started to pre-order the LCE through Target but noticed that my order hasn't been refunded so I called BestBuy.

"Your order will be shipped or can be picked up on October 11th, please press 1 if you have any questions."

1 MOTHERFUCKER 11!!1!!1!!1!!11!1

Now I'm on hold :smith:

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
Just got off the phone with Best Buy;

;-* "So your order does say it's still pending but it's probably going to get cancelled."

:confused: "So is it probably gonna ship or is it going to ship?"

;-* "Oh it's more than likely to get cancelled."

:confused: "Fine, cancel it."

;-* "You wanna switch to the Standard Edition? You get the $20 gift card and the 1600MS points?"

:confused: "No, sorry, the whole point of ordering the LCE was to get the LCE, thanks but no thanks."

;-* "Oh, well we tried."

Uh no you loving didn't. I suppose Target and other retailers are getting my business now. :jihad:

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

GhostDog posted:

then an unfinished game after six years of development, so they probably feel they have a bit to make up for.

I'm still waiting for "Gran Turismo 5"

The "Gran Turismo 5" that I bought is definitely not the sequel to the amazing game that was GT4. :colbert:

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

blodycoughbynewport posted:

:stare:

What does that mean
WHAT DOES THAT EVEN loving MEAN?

I got the same email this morning. I'm so pissed off at these fuckers right now :smithicide:

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

xelpmoc posted:

I got the same email this morning, but just now I got this: "We wanted to let you know that item(s) from order (Order # XXX) placed on 10/07/2011 have shipped.", tracking number included.

Same here, got the Dread Email and now the "Hey, your item is on the way" Email.

Please for the love of god let me just get my loving expensive virtual car racing game next Tuesday.

As to everyone else who knows for sure they are getting their copy; be very glad because at this point it feels like I'm being raped and there's nothing I can do about it :(

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

I guess I'm the only person not to get a "jk" email yet. I checked the order details page and now it says "estimated arrival: Tuesday,10/25/2011-Tuesday,11/08/2011"

I sent support an email too, but I guess they don't work on weekends.
:smith:

Did you get express shipping? I paid a little extra out the rear end for it just to be sure and my order says this;

quote:

Shipped on : Saturday , 10/08/2011 EXPRESS estimated arrival : Saturday , 10/08/2011 - Tuesday , 10/11/2011

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
Forza Motorsport 4 - "You didn't really want to receive your LCE this month...right?"

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

Best Buy just sent me a download token for the 1M even though they cancelled my fuckin' order.

Grats on getting your game shipped finally, I seriously hope this happens to me as well since I distinctly remember you and I going through the exact same bullshit simultaneously :ohdear:

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

BMW/Best Buy Bullshit Blood Brothers :respek:

Haha, for real :v::respek::v:

Did they send your code in a e-mail? Or on XBL?

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
Oh that was probably what did it because I called them the day they cancelled it and told them to shove it, heh.

Also do we know how the pre-order cars are going to work? Are they going to be available to buy in the game or later on? 'cause I don't wanna accept your code if that means you're gonna miss out on driving the 1M yourself, that'd be just rude :D

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
Anyone know what tricks you have to do to get connected to lobbies? I never had this issue in FM3 but when I tried connecting to some lobbies tonight I got the whole "Connection Error" thing. I'm pretty much a horrible newbie when it comes to networking so something more than "Open up your NAT" would be appreciated :D

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

Captain Hair posted:

Oh yeah, baby. Think I need to work on the eyebrows some more, but goddamn.

gently caress YEAH :911:

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

Sunday Punch posted:

I don't know how they managed it but Turn10 hosed up the vinyl editor. Vinyls now have an ugly border around them that makes masking anything off look terrible.

This really sucks :(

After starting to recreate my Bilstein/Sirius livery for the Aston V12 I noticed that same thing too, a trick I've found out is that if you cover each section of the car completely with a body color vinyl layer it doesn't do the lines anymore. Really baffling how badly T10 hosed that up. Also Sunday do you take requests for custom liveries/logos? I have an idea but not the vision so I'm wanting to pass it off on someone who knows their stuff.

Also anybody know what the first patch was for by the way?

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

I said come in! posted:

drat dude, you guys make some fantastic liveries.

I'm crossposting whoring this out because I spent too much time on it and I just want to be one of the boys :shobon:

Also I'm really glad to see you picking up FM4 ISCI, it was fun to race with you in GT5 :)

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
I couldn't quite place my finger on why I like the traffic modes so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHT6pN3dv3E

Ah, that's it - you can drive like a psychopath on purpose!

Also with the help of Sunday Punch I hammered out this livery for the Aston V12 Vantage;

The Alps is such a pretty track :allears:

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

Fargin Icehole posted:

Made this really cool livery for the Chevy Team Earth R1 car, made it a true American (None of that green viny poo poo), and I wish I could sell the design, but I can't, because my godamn game cannot save designs or access any.

Seriously, how is this not happening to anybody else? There's really cool limited designs out there, and i can't download them.

I had the same issue, here's what I did to fix it;

I went to my dashboard and then over to the system settings. System Settings > Memory > Forza Motorsport 4.

Inside the Forza Motorsport 4 memory folder you are going to see a bunch of files, one or a few might be corrupted and these will be easily distinguishable by a yellow caution exclamation mark or something like that. You need to delete these files and everything will be back to normal. For some odd reason FM4 doesn't have a clean install for some people and that is the only fix for it so far. Unfortunately that means if your main save file is corrupted then you're starting from scratch, however that has rarely been the case so far. In the end though that should fix your issues as FM4 will then populate those missing files with fresh and correct ones.

As bizarre as this sounds I'm seriously not trolling - http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/turn-10-offers-a-fix-for-forza-4-corrupted-save-bug/

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

Cojawfee posted:

Sorry Caseface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inmx1574eLc

Hahah holy poo poo, now I feel sorta bad for roughing him up on the last lap to pass him :shobon:

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

ihop posted:

I would add to that:

Adjust the brake balance to a 60-70% front bias.

Since most of your car's weight is going to shift over the front wheels when braking, this gives better stopping power and helps keep the rear wheels from locking up before the fronts.

Your logic is there but it is flawed when applied to a car with a correct suspension setup. Brake pressure should never be over 55 at the front. If you use the telemetry menu try warming up your tires and then practicing your hard stops until you know the braking threshold of your tires, then start crossing over the threshold ever so slightly to see what tires lock up first, adjust your bias and pressure from there. Advanced tuning of your brakes involves repeating these steps while entering sweeper corners where there is significantly more weight shift than just braking on a straight.

Also it sounds downright weird but always allow your pressure to be high enough to lock the tires. In some rarer instances you can go all in on your brakes and still not lookup when pressure is adjusted properly using this method.

Also the brake pressure and bias is highly affected by the total weight and weight balance of your car, and if its FWD then you have to be really careful not to go overboard on your brakes because those tires do a whole lot more in that instance.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
Oh Spaceman, you know what they say - if you had to say something... :wink:

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

Athanatos posted:

I dont stream every often but I put most of the SAEG races I'm in here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA0AB895701BA2A96

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijLamU3-gTM&hd=1

Saw my Volvo being used from the GTCC garage in that video, voted 5.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

Cojawfee posted:

The only reason to join GTCC is if you are interested in the GTCC races. But right now the main race is already full up for next week, though I think someone is running a second race each week.

Yeah Phancypants runs his Thursday thing where its considerably less serious than the regular Wednesday GTCC stuff. The premise of the Thursday night races is "If you can't make the car for the spec in less than five minutes its a bad spec."

Edit; I like that we have 37 members, what's stopping us from running 2 lobbies constantly?

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
We need every BTCC car ever made in this game already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F6cXtaMSIw

Oh and I guess weather changes too :shobon:

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
Old Mulsanne makes sense for not really ever knowing where to brake since what other track requires you to slow to 30MPH from your car's top speed? Not even the Nurburgring can claim that since you have to usually slow for the kink before taking the three sharp corners by the pits.

I usually find that Mulsanne's braking points differ extremely from car to car since it's a near full stop on most corners. The LMP-1 cars are the easiest to drive on LeSarthe since you can drive them so hard into the corners you can afford a little driver error but cars under R3 are not so great since they require very little error in braking distance. Other than of course F thru D class.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
I know you guys said something about Group B cars but I'm hard at hearing. :3:

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

Jabs posted:

ALLOWED MODIFICATIONS
Aerodynamic Mods: Forza-branded Front Spoiler allowed.

Now that is just silly.

Edit: Just tested it, the car really isn't fast enough for aero, especially with the race tires it just sticks anyways. Loud as gently caress exhaust though. With Wedsports its C304 class.

Tanz-Kommandant fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 10, 2011

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

ChocNitty posted:

Don't do this. It takes too drat long.

goddamni-:barf:

Seriously though, that's both very sad and very impressive at the same time.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
It will be interesting to see how they model aero damage for the SX4.

Oh you didn't realize your front end is 12 feet long? Well sorry bub, that's %95 front aero damage for you now!

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
I'm kinda agreeing with Scatterfold; people wanna play Skyrim or some poo poo let them eat cake, they paid for both games so don't cry when they want to play the other one too.

When GTCC has low attendance for our weekly races we just start shooting out invites like it's going out of style. That or we just pile into a lobby and do Bentron's famous dice racing shlick and there's GTCC, LLJK, GISH guys in our lobbies all the time. I mean it's not our fault that AUGR™ can't use a loving friends list. v:kiddo:v

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah GTCC is for people who prefer serious business racing while listening to some guy describe (in detail) what happens to the other dude's penis during gay sex in the missionary position.

GO AWAY MINIMAUL bumperstickers, $5. Shirts, $15. Dildos, $999.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

Jabs posted:

...both GTCC and LLJK have gently caress-all for active members, and my understanding is that they've both got gently caress-all for active leadership (meaning nobody gets in, and nobody is kicked out)...
I've been working actively with goons to get people into GTCC very recently and we don't kick people because we manage our numbers by having people we want in our club. Also I think you missed the part where GTCC is both active and -

Jabs posted:

Don't like the format of the one-hour-per-week race? Don't participate in it. Go race with GTCC.
This is exactly what we've been doing for years.

Look, I think you're misinterpreting your own argument - people ain't getting mad over AUGR, people are getting mad over the fact that you're getting all hot and bothered and calling poo poo out on everyone else. Chillax about the whole deal and you'll get REPECKT for doing your own thing.

P.S. GTCC has the worst drivers so join us for free online victory to pad stats.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
Bathurst :argh:

Why the hell does this game even have V8SCs but not Bathurst :(

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

Falken posted:

The codemasters F1 games do that, in which you are given goals for the team you are in (Lotus/Caterham F1 would ask you to try and get 18th whilst Red Bull/Mclaren are looking for at least 3rd or a win).

I gotta add to this; I am starting a career in F1 2011 after that steam sale a while back and its so much more satisfying to go out there in my Williams and put it all down on the line and legitimately get beat by a better car and still hear my team say "Great job, we did a lot better than we planned.". Then to go out with the highest PI car and to get a perfect race where I dominate from the start.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
I live by Seattle and what's by Seattle? Why it's Redmond and Bellevue, the two biggest electronics metropolis outside of Silicon Valley. Who spends more frivolously than the countless MS/Apple/Boeing/Millions of Video Game Company Execs? TELL ME.

When the weather warms up and it's nice outside I can see pretty much the entire last page of listed cars in a single day, it's both extremely pleasurable and disgusting at the same time.

However the most common high $$$ cars I see here on a daily basis are the Luxo-Barges like the BMW M5/M6/7 Series, MB SLK/G/S/CL/CLS and anything Range Rover. Oddly I've only seen a SLS AMG and GT-R in the wild once or twice, apparently that car is too raw for these pussies. I really like the summer here though because that's when all the Aston Vantages come out and play and nothing sounds quite like a V12 symphony.

And to top it all off there is a nice gentlemen who drives a bright green Murcielago year round with Ski-racks on the top of it, I've spoken to him personally and apparently he takes it up to Stevens Pass as his ski/snowboard vehicle as well. Glad to know someone in the world is using their Lambo for more than just a garage ornament. :v:

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
Oh yeah the Porsche horde is strong in this area. It's quickly gone from being an item that I viewed as amazing, precious and rare to an everyday thing. Haven't seen any of those Vipers yet but I did see a GT once. This area is really bad for sports cars though because it's always raining and/or idiots on the road. I took a break from driving to work for a year and when I came back to commuting I feel like I'm going to get hit every single time I get in my car :(

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

Ringo Star Get posted:

Please try and squeeze me spinning out on every turn in lap one!

I still feel pretty terrible dumping you in the second corner but I ran outta pavement and would have created so much more carnage had I not just love-tapped your front end.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

speedtek posted:

Jabs' internet connection :argh:

That E30 was like "gently caress you, dude" like something out of a cartoon. :v:

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

j3rkstore posted:

I seriously dont see why the gently caress they bother with pits at all.

Tire and fuel usage is pretty much a non-factor in any race under 45 minutes. The pit crew can redo your entire drivetrain and swap tires in 30 seconds but swapping a new nose/spoiler is beyond their technical ability.

This times a million, I really really really hope T10 fixes this in the next game, it's something we've been asking since FM1 and would make any type of racing that much better.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
Saw the last picture in that post and nearly started crying and begging you to teach me your skills. Then I realized it's the actual cars themselves. :v:

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
It's called the American LeMans pack but how many of those cars have actually competed in the ALMS? Good pack none the less :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
Down for this circle jerk car fest, put me down for #64 gt is fauxpas104

• Locked thread