Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thideras
Oct 27, 2010

Fuck you, I'm a tree.
Fun Shoe
I've noticed something with the in-game music that is increasingly annoying. I run with a full home theater setup, complete with subwoofer. I noticed that during seemingly random times, the music would suddenly not have anything coming from the sub. Doing a race on Infineon Raceway (Indy Racing League Circuit), I started noticing a pattern. When I go into a turn that is slow (such as the hairpins), it silenced the sub. Then, when I accelerated out of the corner, it comes back shortly after. I've reproduced this in the "Test Drive" option as well as the normal career. Can anyone else confirm this?

Also, I'd like an invite to whatever group has openings. My gamertag is Thideras. I play randomly, so I wouldn't be able to set a schedule. Just want people to mess around with in races.

EDIT: Also also just noticed that when you pause the game in the corner, it keeps the sub silenced. I can't tell if this is a bug in the game or intentional.

thideras fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 18, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thideras
Oct 27, 2010

Fuck you, I'm a tree.
Fun Shoe

Kachunkachunk posted:

Edit: It only happens in slow turns, in my experience.
Exactly. It does not happen for me if I simply stop on a straightaway. It seems like they are trying to influence the mood of the race. I know Grid did this by increasing the volume of the music towards the end of a close race. Might be trying to do the same thing. But, now that I know what it is doing, it is driving me crazy.

thideras
Oct 27, 2010

Fuck you, I'm a tree.
Fun Shoe
I just added a tuning setup for the Goon Bus, aptly named "FYAD Wagon". Make sure to have the Hummer fully upgrade and try to take a corner. With a normal racing line and speed, I can't take a corner at 35 without being face first in the ground. It might make online races a bit more interesting. I added the "SAEG LLJK GISH GTCC" tags for easy finding. This is the first tuning I've uploaded for Forza, so I hope it works ok.

I also put in a request to LLJK from the gamertag Thideras.

thideras
Oct 27, 2010

Fuck you, I'm a tree.
Fun Shoe

BlazeKinser posted:

So it's a two ton Reliant Robin then, is it?
Actually, yes, it is. I can't say that I've completed a single lap without flipping it. Farthest I got was the corkscrew on Laguna Seca.

thideras
Oct 27, 2010

Fuck you, I'm a tree.
Fun Shoe

Jabs posted:

Are they broken, or just hot?
Once you wear them out, they show red in the damage screen, just like his picture. You can also see his rear passenger tire is slightly yellow (42%).

thideras fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thideras
Oct 27, 2010

Fuck you, I'm a tree.
Fun Shoe

LiquidRain posted:

In surround sound it's like having a banshee scream into your ears when you're hitting the throttle. Everyone else here can keep their V12 grunters, I want that scream!
Get the Mazda 787b. That screams pretty loud.

• Locked thread