Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Hello Spaceman posted:

Ok it's time for Porsche talk.
T10 has said that we'll get 30 cars, with 7 never having featured before.
I'm kind of curious about what 7 new cars we'll be getting.

Porsche hasn't made that many distinctly different cars, what significant cars have never been offered? We all know that Turn 10 isn't the kind of publisher to just offer us a bunch of variations on the same car.

We've never had a 356, a first-gen 911 or a 912, the 918 spyder, the 924 (ick), the 928, a 968, and of course, there's seemingly about as many versions of the 911 as there are versions of the Nissan Skyline.

There's quite a few racing models we've not gotten, most significantly, the 917. There's also all the 90x models and the 93x models. Of course, maybe Turn 10 will surprise us with a tractor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.
2.11.598? It's rare for me to bitch about any of the cars in game, I can usually find something redeemable about the thing or can at least say, "it's just not a car I'd choose to drive." But that Weismann is an absolute piece of poo poo. And it's not like he threw down an absolute poo poo time in it. No, Turn 10 is laughing as all of us are forced to drive the absolute worst car in the game for hours on end. There is nothing good about this car. It's like hiding in an outhouse while the Nazis piss and poo poo on you.

In my mind I say "gently caress this". Right now, in the real world, I'm loading up F4. gently caress this.

wolrah posted:

If you're a Wayne's World fan you'll probably like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_3VtGkVx5A

Wrong car, but close enough.

I need this tune. NEED IT. You can keep the paintjob.

einTier fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 11, 2012

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

IOwnCalculus posted:

This would actually go a long way to make it more fun, but I think it would take a significant rewrite of the engine to be able to track cars in that way.

As long as we're dreaming, I want to be able to swap parts, not just tune the car (or load up tuning setups) without reloading the whole track. Would be nice if I could pick a half dozen cars too that I want to load up and "head to the dragstrip with".

Drag isn't very much fun in a video game, but it would be more fun if I didn't have to wait so long for each race.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

xzzy posted:

ps - we're building a test track here at Microsoft, we convinced Gates to lean on Ballmer and get one made.

I really wish you were serious.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

VERTiG0 posted:

I don't *get* autocross at all. I've done a bunch of track days and autocross seems like babby's first car ride kinda thing. I guess I'm lucky to have 3 nice tracks no more than 2 hours away I guess.

As someone who cut their teeth on autocross and was a NASA-certified instructor last year, I think there is some value in autocross even if I'm tired of doing it.

First, it's a very good and cheap introduction to performance driving. You can literally spend $20-30 and see if you actually like racing without having to invest in a lot of gear or even the $150-300 investment of an actual track day. It's also "real" racing, in that you will be competing against other drivers to see who is fastest.

Autocross teaches several skills that are very important to track work, that are very hard to pick up at the track. First is car control. It's much easier to learn good car control at an autocross, where the speeds are lower and there is virtually nothing to hit. Trying to figure out how to control off-throttle oversteer at 70 mph on a track where you're worried about going off track and rolling the car is a little more difficult. You'll learn how to memorize a course very quickly, and how to "read" a course you've never been on. You'll up your mental bandwidth and learn to process tons of track information at a very high rate of speed. By contrast, on the track, you have the luxury of so much time -- time to think about what the car is doing, time to think about the condition of the track, time to think about how to position yourself for the next three corners. You don't have that luxury in autocross, and it can really force you to up your mental game.

On the downside, it's a lot of standing around all day for maybe six minutes of track time. You also have to work, shagging cones or running grid, which is something you don't have to do at a track day. It's also a horrible deal on a per minute basis -- $30 doesn't seem like much, but when you consider you can get an hour and a half worth of track time on a normal track day, even $300 suddenly seems like a bargain.

If I were to do it over again, I'd attend a couple of autocrosses and one evolution autocross school and probably be done with it. I still do it because my girlfriend loves it and I have a lot of friends to hang out with there. It's more about the personal interaction and less about the racing.

einTier fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Mar 29, 2012

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.
If you're going to post Adenauer Forst videos, post the good one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xwc54G2Ur8
The girl at about 0:27 still bothers me. I'm not sure she made it.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

Ether Frenzy posted:

A lot of people forget that Spa-Francorchamps used to be a monster track in the tradition of Nurburgring or Le Sarthe, and the current iteration was created in the late 70's to make things safer.

drat. You weren't kidding.

This is Google Maps' street view of the old circuit leading up to Eau Rouge. It must have been scary fast back in the day.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

xzzy posted:

It's a crying shame they didn't put matte paints in the game.
They did. We just don't have easy access to them. The Lamborghini Aventador has some matte paint options, and I think there were a couple of others as well.

I wonder why they can't patch it in.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

Cannot Find Server posted:

Basically, we need more ultra high-speed death tracks like Le Mans and less slow parades like Motegi.
I personally don't care much for Le Mans because it's mostly a drag race with a bunch of super slow hairpin corners placed with seemingly no reason except to slow you down. It's a deathtrap, sure. It's historic, and that's cool. It's very fast, and that's awesome too. But it just doesn't flow. It's not fun and engaging to drive, and there's little excitement about taking chances there other than "did I brake too late for that corner?"

I far prefer tracks like the 'ring, where there is good flow and a high risk/reward benefit for pushing a little harder in that corner or making the risky pass. If I just want to go fast, I'll probably pick Bernese Alps, even though it's a made up track that has some fantastical elements to it that would never work in real life. It's a fun track to drive.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

Hahahaha, what? Flow is the most important aspect in a track for me and Le Mans is perfect. Yes, it has slow corners...no track doesn't. But it also has really fast sections; in fact, more corners are high speed than low speed. The Dunlop curve, Esses and Porsche curves are all very high speed corners.
Sure, but then in contrast, you have the Mulsanne corner, which I could probably forgive, if only because it creates some of the greatest photos in racing. But then there's Indianapolis and Arnage, which are just boring 90 degree corners after a long straight, and the Ford Chicanes are nearly Goddamn inexcusable. Throw Tetre Rouge into the mix, and I think there are far more uninspired corners on Le Mans than good ones.

...don't even get me started on the Mulsanne chicanes.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

Scirocco Griffon posted:

Yeah, not much can be done there unless they find a way that fully strips away the knowledge that you're sitting at home pushing buttons and feel like there's a genuine danger to your own wellbeing. That's likely a key element of what makes a track that seems boring in a video game so exciting in real life, knowing that you're essentially trusting yourself to be able to take your life into your own hands by flinging a ton of roaring metal around a windy strip of pavement at speeds nature probably didn't intend us to be travelling at.

As someone who does a lot of real world track driving, I think you hit the nail on the head. A lot of race driving is about making the car dance out there on the edge knowing that are disastrous real world consequences for loving it up. You're constantly trying to check your sense of self-preservation while not trying check so much that you absolutely forget that you're piloting a few thousand pounds of metal and machine at speeds that will turn it and you into a very expensive boat anchor. Forget that, and you run a real risk of actually making it happen.

It's a balance, and far more of a mental game than most people think. Can you trust your skills and your car and your instincts enough to know that the car really will stick and really will come back even though right now it's dancing around and is all but out of control? Or will you back off the throttle just a little bit in that corner the next time around, losing 0.5 seconds but preserving your sanity? Do you have the mentality to risk a collision that your opponent doesn't? Can you beat on the car enough that it delivers but not so much that it breaks?

Add to that the fact that there's always something extra about seeing something with your own eyes and experiencing it directly. It's one thing to look at photos of the Mona Lisa, it's another to stand in front of it and see the texture of the brush strokes. It's one thing to look at a Ferrari in Autovista mode, it's quite another to actually put your hand on the metal and feel the years of wear on the paint and the motor vibrating under your fingertips. It's just a completely different experience.

Maybe one day we'll be able to fake it well enough that our brains and bodies don't know the difference, but we're not there yet.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

Falken posted:

Precisely this, however having a look at Mansory aero packages, wow. They look really good.

Those drugs you're on must be pretty good.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

Chase cams should be forced ON. I'm sorry but it seems like half the goons I've raced with are not capable of telling where a car is in relation to theirs when they're using in-car views.
Keep in mind, if you are racing in the real world, it is up to you to make a clean pass. The car in front always has right of way. It doesn't matter if the car in front is slower, has a goddamn moron driving it, is damaged, or anything else. If we enter a turn together, and I have millimeters of bumper ahead of you, I own the racing line and it is your responsibility to either yield or get past me before I take ownership of the physical space you're using to pass.

With that in mind, the limited visibility of the in-car view in Forza is not really the liability you think it is. It is not the responsibility of the car in front of you to make room and enable your pass. It sounds like you're making dangerous passes and causing collisions.

Just wondering, what's your safety rating in iRacing?

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

Then I don't understand the point he was trying to make. I was on the preferred line side by side going into a sweeping corner and the car I was passing came down on me, forcing me into the dirt and causing an accident. I mean, the cause of that accident was already discussed, so I don't get why he'd bring that up.
I wasn't referring to any specific incident. I wasn't racing with you, there's no replay, I have no idea what happened.

That said, if you find yourself continually involved in accidents and you're not playing in pubbie games where headhunting and playing demolition derby is an active part of "competition", then I'd say the blame probably lies with you. The fact that you talk about how you're continually in collisions when passing and not when someone is passing you leads me to believe that you routinely try unsafe passes and try to place the blame on someone else.

Symphoric posted:

I wasn't in the race so I obviously didn't see it happen, but the way you described it made me think you were lapping some slow dude, you both converged somewhere, and it caused a wreck. Even in cockpit view, if you are actually ahead of that guy, there really isn't any way he wouldn't see you. If you haven't actually passed him yet (so he can see you), the line (whatever line that may be) is still owned by him.
Bingo. In cockpit view, I can see everything I need to see. If you are in front of me and making a safe pass, I can see your car. The only way I can't see your car in cockpit view is if your front bumper is behind my front fender. And if that's the case, you don't have the right of way, no matter how much you think you do.

Now, I've done real racing and I even instruct for NASA. The general accepted rule is that barring truly unsafe behavior, it is solely the responsibility of the passing car to execute a safe pass. Now, that said, some of the best drivers (Aryton Senna is a perfect example) will place you into a situation where you will have to decide if you will risk a collision and hold your line or if you'll back off, let him make the pass and try to make the position up later. But make no mistake, if he puts you in that situation and you do not yield, he is responsible for the collision. Is it routinely punished? It depends. Sometimes it's just a "racing incident". However, if you're routinely putting your car in positions where you expect the lead car to yield (stuffing your car down in the corner, hoping to get position on the inside and blocking the racing line), I can promise you that you can expect to be banned in short order, especially in lower levels of racing. In upper levels of racing, like F1 and Le Mans, it's expected that everyone is a professional (meaning they won't routinely engage in unsafe behavior) and that sometimes things happen and everyone accepts that risk. Then again, in upper levels of racing, a driver who is involved in several car to car contacts in a season likely won't even have a ride next season, and it doesn't matter who is "at fault".

Blocking rules do exist to keep people from engaging in frustrating and dangerous blocking maneuvers during passing. You're generally allowed one move to block. You can't weave all over the track to block someone and you can't pick your racing line and then move around to block a faster car from coming around.

But that's different than what you're describing. You're describing racing incidents where the driver being passed didn't see you, not where he moved to block you and caused a collision. You must remember that it is not his responsibility to know where you are and it is not his responsibility to avoid a collision or get out of your way. If you are alongside another car and attempting to pass, it is your responsibility to do it safely and present yourself in such a manner that he can see you as you're executing the pass -- ie, you put your front bumper in front of his.

I asked about your safety rating in iRacing because you brought up the game, and I was curious if you were considered a safe driver there or if "other people keep crashing into me!"

einTier fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 19, 2012

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

I said come in! posted:

Proper passing techniques are totally something i'm interested in reading about. The few goons with real world racing experience, that have chimed in throughout this thread, posting their experiences, have been a joy to read.

Just a quick primer.

As was mentioned, the ultimate responsibility for a safe pass lies with the person doing the passing. The responsibility for the driver being passed is to maintain his line -- regardless of where that line goes -- and yield when he is no longer in front.

It is a good idea to keep spatial awareness while being passed because the race is still lost even if you were "right" in the collision analysis and because you don't want to be surprised by a driver suddenly appearing in front of you that you must yield to.

Here's a pretty good example of that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeefhFY-GKQ
From what I remember, no one was technically held at fault. However, McNish (in the Audi) has actually "completed" the pass and presented himself in front of the Ferrari driver. However, at the time they entered into the corner the Ferrari technically had right of way and never deviated from his racing line. Had McNish not been so aggressive early in the race, this never would have happened. By the same token, had the Ferrari driver been a little more spatially aware, he could have avoided the collision entirely.

I think the reason this was chalked up to a racing incident is because while McNish technically had the right of way at the moment of collision, it was his responsibility to execute a safe pass. He took a chance and it didn't pay off.

You can also watch this, which is some of the best racing I've ever seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0LHqNAiWPk
Both Magnussen (Corvette) and Bergmeister (Porsche) were handed suspensions for this racing incident. Magnussen was handed a probation for their actions. Magnussen was being overly aggressive, as he was frustrated by the fact that Bergmeister executed some superlative (and legal) blocking despite being the slower car. Magnussen did not execute a safe pass (his responsibility) and kept pushing it and taking chances including car-to-car contact in the last corner. Bergmeister pushed Magnussen to the wall and continued pushing even when Magnussen had passed him and was technically required to yield right of way.

Pass in the straights if you can. Most beginner racers seem to want to pass in the corners. It's very difficult to set up a safe pass on the straights, and it's easy to dive down in a corner, late brake, take a horrible line, and put both cars and drivers at extreme risk. It's far better to take a very late apex through the corner, use the entire corner for acceleration, and while the other driver is still dealing with track out, pass him on the inside of the straight. Setting it up properly is difficult however, because you may only be able to execute this in one or two places on the track and if you have not closed the distance before the corner, you will not even be able to do it there. Remember, the most important corner on the whole track is the corner before the longest straight. The next most important corner is the one before the second longest straight.

Also, Le Mans and F1 can have differing racing rules due to several factors. One, this is the top echelon of racing. Two, Le Mans typically has different classes of cars, with one being significantly faster than the other. Three, F1 has open wheel cars where car to car contact can easily result in cars being launched into the air by tire on tire contact.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

VERTiG0 posted:

Holy gently caress look at all the sperglords come out of the woodwork here.

This is why I don't race Goonspec on Wednesday nights anymore. It's been ruined by too many people whining about being tapped or bumped or whatever other stupid complaint they can come up with. It's a video game, relax.

I would agree. However, if you want to complain about people not being "fully aware" of your passing and "causing a collision", I fully expect you to know all the passing rules and how to execute a safe pass.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

Ether Frenzy posted:

What was it, 10 minutes that Sabine was trying to beat in the Transit? I can easily do that in a stock van. :smugbert:

(If it was 8 though, drat, that'll need to be quick)
Yeah, ten minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQJKQjXpGQAhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KiC03_wVjc

Turn 10, just when I think I can't love you more, you do something like this month's DLC. :allears:

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

Two Finger posted:

I have returned. I don't know how often I will be able to do online racing but will post in the thread from time to time.
EinTier I just tried to chase down your record in the Hennessey and oh my loving god this is the first car I've HAD to turn TCS on and it was on the whole way through 1-2-3 and then I was at a corner. This thing is ridiculous. I'll try beat your time later.

Shouldn't be hard to beat. I did two laps, couldn't even get a clean lap with TCS on and finally said, "gently caress this poo poo".

I'm sure that car is madhouse crazy fun to drive in real life, but in the game it's just an impossible shitheap.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.
I'm just trying to figure out how you get an Elise chassis to behave that poorly.

I guess lengthen it, throw a bunch of weight in the rear, along with a motor that's two sizes too large and that'll just about do it.

I wonder if I can just build a 1000 hp Elise in game. It would surely run rings around this piece of poo poo.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

I said come in! posted:

This is the best racing game ever, you will not be disappointed.

I never thought I'd hear you say that.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

Captain Hair posted:

EDIT: Oh yeah, tried out the smart car last night. I have no idea how to even drive it, it feels like it has the understeer of a FWD car yet its RWD. And twitchy? Jesus, I'm going to have to spend along time in the tuning setup to figure out how to make it better. Its like 100% grip>OH poo poo in a split second.
Try driving one in real life. Car2Go has a car share program here in Austin where you rent them by the minute and is a good alternative to cabs in a city where cab service is extremely poor yet expensive. The car feels like some kind of cartoon car, super tall and yet so short there's virtually nothing behind the driver's seat. It's got super slow acceleration and comically harsh shifting and yet it'll do a scary 90 mph on the freeway. It understeers like a beast all while making you think that it'll throw you to wolves if you keep pushing.

I've been terrified to actually drive it in anger, but I've pushed it around enough to know it's definitely quirky.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

Idiot race posted:

Bah its still the old 997.1 RS, why cant they model the 997.2 with centerlock wheels or the mental 4.0 one :(

Also the decals own and are a homage to the old 70s rs iirc

Because when they modeled the cars for F3, they went all out so they wouldn't have to resample them until F6 or so. They didn't have to do much work to include any F3 car for F4. Since that's the car they scanned then, that's the car we get now.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

I said come in! posted:

I was surprised to see the Flying Lizard cars, because i'm pretty sure they are one of the Porsche teams that never finishes races. Or hardly ever. It's hard to keep track of all of the Porsche teams in ALMS.
Here they are barely winning the ALMS championship at Laguna Seca in 2009.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyDT5Yzwds8
There's some questionable contact in there though.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

Ether Frenzy posted:

... whereas a mild brush of the brakes with simultaneous accelerator to modulate your angle (trailbraking) will teach you how to be gentle with the inputs...
That's not trailbraking, that's left foot braking. Certainly, a useful skill in real life situations, but trailbraking is when you apply the brakes while you're still turning into a corner.

If someone would like a detailed discussion of friction circles and trailbraking, I can do that, but the long and short of it is that in your initial turn-in, you are not using all of the grip available to the tire and can still use some of it for braking. Not as much as you could before you initiated the turn, but you can still slow the car down while you're heading for the apex. This allows you to brake later and maintain speed just a little bit longer.

It's also a very risky technique because applying just a little too much brake can cause you to spin.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I run no assists with the exception of the clutch. I've got it remapped to A, but I just can't figure out the timing on it, I guess. I've played with it a few times and my shifts are just garbage.
If you're not using a wheel and pedals, shifting in Forza 4 has little to do with real life. Basically, what you want to do is hit the A button just a fraction of a second before you hit the shift up button, then release both at the same time. NEVER LET OFF THE THROTTLE -- yes, it sounds weird and this is not the way to do it in real life if you value your car, but it is how you do it here.

If you hit shift up first, it won't work. If you hit them at the same time, it usually won't work. If you let off the A button before you hit the shift button, it won't work. However, if you hold both buttons too long, it will still work and still be faster than shifting without the clutch.

So, to start learning the trick, make a deliberate press of the clutch button, then without worrying about how slow you're doing it, press the shift up/down button. After the driver shifting animation completes, lift off both buttons simultaneously. Now, slowly work on letting off both buttons a little bit earlier. Eventually, you'll find the spot where you can safely lift and still complete the shift. Now work on getting the first part right -- try to decrease the time between button presses. Eventually, you'll get that down to the where everything takes no more time than it took you to do a clutchless shift. You just have to train your fingers.

einTier fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 15, 2012

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

captainOrbital posted:

Nice; I'm down with CGT. How many of these things are left to announce? I'm still hoping for a 917 and a 928. And a 356.
Something tells me if the 917 is in, it will be the last car announced. Gotta save the best for last. I also think we're going to start seeing more and more unique cars and maybe only one or two more reskins or cars so close they might as well be the same.

JingleBells posted:

A timeless classic IMO:

The Widowmaker. I paint mine black and put a big red hourglass on the roof.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

IOwnCalculus posted:

The only reason I hold hope for any 917 making an appearance is the fact that they managed to work the Ferrari 312 ever-so-wonderfully into the game, and it seems wrong that the 312 wouldn't have any of its contemporaries to race against.

Same here. I'd heard talk that the open back of the 917 and the inability to model moving suspension is what prohibited them from including it in the first place -- and then along came the 312 that quietly put that notion to rest. I even played with the car extensively in photo mode to see how they faked it -- the suspension doesn't move, so they just "float" it inside the wheel.

It would be a shame to not have the 917 to race against that and the original GT40.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

djfooboo posted:

I always thought this car looked melted.

I always thought it was cool the way it used the stock 911 headlights and tail lights.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.
Wow. It really is the Porsche 911 pack.

At this point, if there's a 917 and a 928, I'll buy it. Otherwise, I'm skipping the endless parade of 911s.

Guys, they're great, they're iconic, but there are so many great Porsches that aren't 911s or 911 derivatives. I understand there's been seven generations, so I can get on board with having a bunch of 911s -- maybe even half the pack -- but this is getting to be bullshit.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Of those three "next cars" I really hope they don't include the Penske version of the Spyder, I would hate to lose out on a little more variety in exchange for a straight up repaint. The GT2, meh, and the RS has been a staple of this game for a long time so I'd be shocked if it didn't make it.

According to the official Forza forums, the next cars are going to be:

27- 2008 Porsche #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo

28- 2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS

29- 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS

30- #23 GT3 Cup

If so, gently caress this pack right in the ear. There's some interesting cars, but I'm not playing Forza enough at this point to justify the purchase of a bunch of "meh" cars and two dozen 911s.
[edit]
They confirmed it by finding the cars in the auction house and in tuning set ups. It looks like that's legit. gently caress THIS GAY EARTH AND BURN IT ALL DOWN.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Just saw a reddish orange Reventon drive slowly by as I had my lunch, holy crap the roof of the car is literally 18" off the ground. :monocle:
I'm almost positive that every Reventon was charcoal gray. Are you sure it wasn't a Murciélago? Also, I know the roof is literally 44.7 inches off the ground.

einTier fucked around with this message at 04:03 on May 19, 2012

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

IOwnCalculus posted:

The 1992 Celica.
My only complaint is the rear rally option seems to contain the rack, but not the spare wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

Seymour Butts posted:

By the way, what is dub step? I guess it's a new genre of music, but really how can there be a new genre of music? I thought it was some electronic music, but now I'm thinking it's actually a specific dance, hence "step."
This is a pretty good dubstep remix. Like all genres of music, there's good and bad out there and plenty of hacks trying their hand at it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8C-ZTQJIkU
There's also this very NSFW video for that song that's just fantastic.
:nws::nws::nws::nws::nws::nws::nws::nws::nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kCRaUXvn-4

This style of music is getting played out fast though.

• Locked thread