Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
is anyone else having issues with the latest update? i rented forza 4 a few months ago and finally bought it today. when i put the game in, it loaded as if it was the first time playing even though all my saved games/data are there on my hard drive. i lost all my cars and designed and progress after the update

i checked the forza forums and couldnt find anything there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
i might be alone on this but as much as i love the sound of engines, the soundtrack on this game is amazing

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

TannhauserGate posted:

...if they would just shut up the tires. One of those "little things to tweak" I know, but the tires shouldn't be quite as prominent as they are.

i was talking about the music haha

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
I think I'm ready to give up on this game. For the second time now it won't recognize my saved games. All my purchased designs and DLC are still there, my club is still there as is the car I put in my club garage but my level has been reset to 0 and I'm back at the intro race. This is just ridiculous.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

Cojawfee posted:

The hard drive on your xbox might be screwing up. Have you tried putting your save in cloud storage?

I haven't bothered yet. It hasn't worked on multiple flash drives. It's getting pretty frustrating but I guess it's worth a shot. I'll try setting it up next time I'm on I suppose.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

Cojawfee posted:

The hard drive on your xbox might be screwing up. Have you tried putting your save in cloud storage?

As expected cloud storage didn't work either :(

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
I was really sad when I found out Maple Valley wasn't a real place :(

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

I said come in! posted:

It reminds me of some of the race tracks in the Northeastern part of the u.s., which are covered in forest.

That's where I assumed it was and thought "Man I'd love to see a race there in the fall". I guess there's always Mid-Ohio

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

xzzy posted:

I'd love a racing game with nothing but Ferrari's in it, but I've bought games like this a zillion times, and ever since Forza entered the scene, quality of the driving simulation trumps everything else.

Remember what happened when Porsche tried that?
hoo boy

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
I'll put $20 in if you put my logo on your car for the race :v: :20bux:

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
Noticed a few people saying their Gold accounts were up. Just saw a deal on newegg: 12 months of Gold for $35.99. Not a bad deal

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ID=3668349&SID=

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

Liku posted:

Well I'm installing the 2nd disc and I want to get into the goon love. I'm also a terrible driver. Is there a Goon car club for someone like me?

My lack of overall car knowledge and poor racing skills have made me reluctant to join. I don't want to ruin anyone's race haha.

Speedtek can attest to how great I did on the Rampage challenger rival race (hoo boy)

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

Puddin posted:

Use the XB Ford Falcon. In stock form it drifts amazingly well. It's so floaty but with a fair bit of power and it just never looses the back end.

I found this out the other day. I couldnt believe what a good drift car it was

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

PopeOnARope posted:

"Rampage" Jackson's Time Posted. 1:51.674.

Hahahahahaha.

well poo poo even *I* can beat THAT!

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

Neo Helbeast posted:

Allright I had to stop after getting a time of 2:00.373 anymore and I would have broken my controller in my rage. The Dodge Challenger has the worst handling and braking. I'll probably take a stab at it again tonight but GODDAMN.

My best time is 1:56.571 (which i think was a clean lap) and i can't top it so far. It's the most frustrating challenge ever because that car sucks as is and me and Laguna have a long history of not getting along

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

YF19pilot posted:

As long as you've got a gold Live account, you should get it. If not, I'd email Turn 10 to see if there's an issue.

Emailing them doesn't do much. I've tried 3 times to find out about my saved games not being recognized and haven't heard a word.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

YF19pilot posted:

That sounds like they invalidated your save. I've read they've went kinda scorched earth about "dirty" hacked credits, even flagging or invalidating people's saves for having a car purchased with dirty credits, regardless if you weren't involved in the creation of "dirty" credits.

That's goddamn annoying. It happened 3 loving times.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

Scirocco Griffon posted:

A sunset version of Maple Valley would probably be the best track ever.

I imagine this is what it looks like when you die :allears:

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
I'd happily take one if there's any left. #43 would be cool. My GT is SheriffKevin. I'll be sending an AUGR request soon I think.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

YF19pilot posted:

SheriffKevin, your numbers are up! Time to pick a car.

thats the one! thank you sir!

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

Scirocco Griffon posted:

Just a reminder that you have until Wednesday to set a time in the King of the Track event. Rampage hasn't bothered to try posting a new time, so 1:51.674 is still what you have to beat to get a unicorn Camaro SS.

gently caress. I'm at 1:58 still. I really don't want to do that challenge again. gently caress that car in every way.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

mattdizzleZ28 posted:

"Spec Donk" oval racing series

Mother of god, when is this going down?

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
so Forza Horizon coming this fall.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC2A03ifIks

edit: Took this video from the Turn 10 facebook page so yeah it looks legit

Mac Tonight fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 5, 2012

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
I do like that they chose a 13 year old song to advertise their new game. It's a great track.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
1:43:XXX clean on the KOTR. This is the best time I will post. I give up (and hopefully I get a car)

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
Just wanted to check in and say what an absolute pleasure that Lancia is to drive. Even got a few compliments on the paintjob.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
My mom stopped by as I was having some Country Squire racing with Speedtek and it turns out the '66 was the first car she ever owned. She thought it was pretty neat to see it in game

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

Ringo Star Get posted:

Sadly yes. There are some things in Forza 1 that I miss in Forza 4, namely:

-Awesome soundtrack

Um, Forza 4 has one of the most impressive soundtracks I have ever seen in a video game.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
Alright found the car I want in the next DLC

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
My first unicorn. It is bittersweet. Goddamnit that challenge was bad.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

Scirocco Griffon posted:

Now you only need to get nine more to finish out that badge set in your profile. Isn't that a comforting thought? :q:

Of course with my luck I'll probably be one short and never get that badge either.

I'm REALLY glad I'm not concerned with those. I am not a good racer and there are probably tons of slots that won't get filled.

However.....

I got a police badge and a "Five-O" title. My gamertag is SheriffKevin. I'm set.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

speedtek posted:

Also the multiclass racing on the Top Gear test track is some of the best fun you can have in this game.

Definitely a good find.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

Scirocco Griffon posted:

I'm not-so-secretly hoping for something completely off the wall like the Renault Espace F1 or a Chevy Astro van, especially since the gimmicky Fords like the Pinto and Country Squire have unironically become the most interesting cars in the game.

I really really want a Chevy Caprice wagon

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

captainOrbital posted:

When was the last time you watched it? It's gotten much better since the beginning of the first season. Still not a huge fan of Adam Ferrara though.

I'm still not sure I enjoy their reviews, but the challenges are quite entertaining. They've definitely stepped their game up.

T1g4h posted:

I'm just gonna say it, Adam is leagues better than Rut :colbert:

This.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

Cannot Find Server posted:

Pictures do not do justice to how enormous this thing is.

Also: I cannot take your driver having the full racing suit w/helmet in this car seriously. It looks absurd.

Will these fit 2 wide on a track together?

Also, according to that spreadsheet, I am a human being. Welp. My life with goons.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

Symphoric posted:

The career mode is just a bunch of random events strung together without any cohesion using different cars for every race which negates any real sense of ownership.

I actually kind of like this though. It seems the clubs do a fine job of setting up their own races/leagues ect. The random career races make you use different cars and classes that lots of players might otherwise not use. Someone like myself who isn't as familiar with cars might not ever choose a Lancia or a Renault or a Peugeot but in order to complete all the races in career mode, we might have to. If forces the casual gamer to play outside the box a bit and not just choose a Viper or an M5.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
Finally got into some races tonight. I are not good racer.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
I uh........welp.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

Falken posted:

It'd be like that picture of a VW Beetle alongside an A10s GAU-8B Avenger cannon.

One of my favorite pictures ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
Not sure, I just found it on the wiki article one day during some random browsing but I'd like to know as well

• Locked thread