Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
So, I remember all the awesome fun I had with goons in Forza 2, kinda missed out on the antics with Forza 3, but want to get back in with things in Forza 4. Added my name to the spreadsheet, gt is Swedespeed740.

Sorry to say, I'm already a member of another club, but they're not doing much outside of rivals mode. Getting the itch to do some online racing, so feel free to add me/drop me an invite.

Also wanted to share this video showcasing Forza's advanced AI :downs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuIwuxwpStg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Shogunner posted:

We need a goon 16 man v8's race sometime.

Tonight is hand out candy to begger children night in my neighborhood. Drop me an invite, gt: Swedespeed740.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
If anyone's up for some racing, or need an extra person, drop me an invite. I'm getting tired of being dumped into empty lobbies. gt: Swedespeed740.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

real_scud posted:

It does work that way in a lot of cars now. I know my Audi A4 has it, as do apparently a lot of Nissan cars as an option.

For the A4 you can get a Manual or CVT car. Though the 'manual' mode for my A4 does have fake gears, all 7 of them, though when you're in automatic mode it seems to 'shift' gears nonetheless.

edit: Corrected the available options for the transmission

I believe the newest Mitsu Lancer has a CVT as well. And from what I know, "infinate ratio transmissions" have been around in construction equipment (like CAT crawlers) for quite a while.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Doctor Butts posted:

So I suck at making pretty vinyls and poo poo so I stuck to simple bullshit, and a theme:
Old companies that no longer exist!

Working on another two logos not shown

I went fictional:

Though older logos of current products are also easier to do. The Budweiser logo, for example, is fairly simple up untill the 90s or so when they changed from a type font to their current cursive branding.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Kilonum posted:

Was hoping to have at least 10 entries by now, Going to postpone a week.

Remember, car must be 650PI, RWD, and from the 50s or 60s. Race is Saturday, November 19th at 6pm EST/11pm GMT.

Please, when signing up, say what car you plan on using, primary color of the car, and pick any number between 0 and 99 and slap it on the car. Post glamor shot of car if you like.

Entry list so far:

1. Kilonum (Kilonum) | Ferrari 330 P4 | Polychromatic Purple/Black | 82
2. TannhauserGate (calderracrusade) | Chevrolet Corvette C1 | Red/White | 13
3. Torn Quad Jones (zombi3lick3r) | Chevrolet Corvette C2 | Pink/White | 56
4. ANAmal.net (gregchiasson) | Shelby Daytona Coupe | blue | 29
5. Logue (Logue 1) | Dodge Charger Daytona | Orange | 71
6. Jingle Bells (PSBonnett) | Jaguar E-Type |British Racing Green | 84
7. pyxlwyz | Chevrolet Corvette C2 | Turquoise | #67

I'll have to give this some thought, as Saturday nights are usually my 'interact with real people while playing nerdy games' time. I'll let you know by Wednesday.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

yes we nyan posted:

Too bad we can't simulate a running (walking, and with seatbelt!) start, eh?

Okay, everyone, on the count of three, you run to your refrigerator, take a shot of Jack, down a beer, run back and go. Try not to pass out on the way back, you light weights.

Alternatively, need some help for a car that I'm really lacking in inspiration right now. I need to know what the German phrases are for "No Sponsor" and "This Space for Rent". Here's what I'm working with (German phrases provided by some internet bot, the side is suppose to be "No Group"). Otherwise, if someone has an awesome idea I should do, I'll totally (not) do it, just for you.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Captain Hair posted:

I really should give these pubby lobbies a go, I STILL havn't tried car football yet!

Only really fun if you're on a team that knows what it's doing, or people that you know. But I repeat myself. If you just pop in randomly you'll end up being on a team of pubbies vs. a club, and you'll lose.

Oh, and the Raptor isn't the only DLC car with, uh, tendencies...
http://youtu.be/0R0TZtAGo1Y

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

JaysonAych posted:

I never had problems with Forza 3 on Live, but I could not get FM4 to connect at all until I set up the NAT and DMZ settings for my router.

Okay, not to sound completely ignorant, but what does this mean and how can I do it to my router so I can get back into racing? I've missed like the last four or five GTCC races because I can't connect for crap.

edit: content:

I'm loving the ABC's when I can connect to a race. It's almost better with stupid pubbies as it presents that extra challenge. Though I could do without the ones who try to ram anyone passing them when driving in the lower classes.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Cojawfee posted:

What kind of router do you have? Usually the settings for DMZ are around port forwarding somewhere. Give your 360 a static IP and you type that IP into the box for setting something in the DMZ. NAT you might not be able to do anything about, it all depends on how lovely your ISP is. If your ISP doesn't have enough IPs for their users, then you will be stuck behind a NAT (maybe several).

I've got a Belkin G-wireless Model# F5D7234-4 v4 if that means anything to you. I'll dick around with it today see what I can do, but I've had awful luck with static IPs on a wireless router.

Cojawfee posted:

And regarding forza, anyone else notice that cars bought with tokens show up as gifts? Cars I get for free from Turn10 show up as cars I got normally, but cars I buy with tokens show up as gifts with one owner (me). This is a bit annoying.

I think the reason for token cars = gifts is to prevent people buying up cars with tokens, selling in game, and having a massive fortune that way.

The Turn10 gift cars don't show up as gifts, because they learned about midway through the Forza 3 gift cars that not everyone wanted/liked the gift car, so they'd send either one or both gift cars as "not gifts" so the recepient could sell it and buy something else. They also do this so that if schmo A buys the new DLC pack he can use the money to get a cool car from that, but if schmo B doesn't buy the DLC he won't have a completely useless block of text saying 'you need to buy DLC'.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Hello Spaceman posted:

If you're assigning a static IP just make sure that it's out of the DHCP range. That should prevent any conflicts. There's no other reason for any problems.

I just turned DHCP off. I had put the XBox on a static IP out of the range, but it didn't work. Wasn't until after I turned DHCP off that I realized I needed the DNS info on the XBox to be manual as well. But that's okay, there's only at most four devices connected to that router (1 desktop wired in, 1 laptop wireless, my xbox, and a kindle). Not enough of a bother to screw around with the DHCP stuff until I move out again. Maybe if I get bored during my time of gainful unemployment I'll fix it. But for now, I've got it set up, I think. Will have to see if I can connect to the GTCC race tomorrow night.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Ha, apparently I put the wrong secondary DNS server on my XBox and was running around figuring out why nothing wireless was connecting. God I hate screwing with routers. So now I have DHCP turned on again, but I have the Xbox outside it's range. So far I've had to reset the router everytime I want to connect, but perhaps fixing the secondary DNS server will fix that. If not, I'll be back for more help.

Also, I find it hilarous that the banner ad sitting above while I type this says "PEOPLE WHO KNOW CARS!" with a 2012 Toyota Corolla.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

quackman posted:

That began happening to me about a week or two ago. For the most part I dealt with it by just not doing rivals for a while then going back in to find it working temporarily again somehow. Today I got sick of it so I gave my xbox a static IP address and DMZed it and I have not had the problem again.

I've gotta ask about this agian.

I've DMZed my XBox, static IP, port forwarded (not sure if I did that right, though), and may have done something else, I forget...

Anyways, everytime I turn on my XBox, I need to reset/plug-unplug the router in order to connect. It'll run beautifully, but after a while the router will just disconnect me, and I have to reset/plug-unplug again. I'd like it to not do this, as I'm not the only one who uses the internet and I don't want to be resetting everyone's connection every 2 - 3 hours just to get one thing to work. To note, I have a wireless router, can't hook it in directly as my modem/router is upstairs on one end of the house, while my XBox is in the basement at another end of the house.

I always have had terrible luck with static IPs on a wireless router :smith:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Ha! You and your 458 Ferraris! I saw a Honda Civic Si, just like in the game! Beat that!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

T1g4h posted:

So, as a tribute to the wickedly awesome Camaro known as "Supercharged Death", I bring you: Murder By Numbers

Fun looking car, but now I have Sting & The Police stuck in my head. Will you be putting the V8 into this one?

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

I said come in! posted:

Guess who finally got their NAT issues fixed? :hellyeah:

Reveal to me your secrets!

Actually, though, it seems my problem is the router itself, as I've done every trick in the book and nothing has worked for me. No GTCC until I can front for a better router :smith:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Hey guys, I'm trying to make one of those anime cars, but I think I'm doing it wrong. Can you help me out?

and a "clean" version:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

VERTiG0 posted:

We should set up a mock Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona (I don't mean a 24 hour race, as that's impossible, but a lot of laps, pitting, etc.) style race soon, given that the real thing happens this weekend. Perhaps on a track like Sunset Penninsula? That seems the closest to the Daytona sportscar track from what I can tell.

Maybe the Grand Am Koni Challenge? The rules should be readily available, if not, they're similar to some of the higher end SCCA stuff, I believe. I also have the Grand Am and Koni Challenge decals, so if anyone needs one, I can send them out.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

GhostDog posted:

1986 #2 Audi Sport quattro S1

OH. MY. loving. GOD.

I still pine for a Peugoet 405T16GR, but I'll pine less with the addition of this beast.

Also, I'm feeling strangely excited about the Mustang and the Panoz, probably moreso than the other cars, except the Alfa, of course.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Cojawfee posted:

I'm glad Turn 10 has finally listened to my pleas for a boring dodge with really stupid rims that say RAMPAGE on them.

When I read the words "Dodge" and "Rampage" I was hoping to see this:

Why did you let me down Turn 10?

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Cojawfee posted:

I don't understand why they thought closed cockpit with small windows was a good idea when every other car is open cockpit. It would only help in the rain maybe.

I know open-tops were banned in favor of the closed top Daytona Prototypes in Grand Am over some kind of safety concerns. Not sure the reasoning with Le Mans.

Cojawfee posted:

Is that 2.2 referring to the engine size?

That or horsepower, I always forget with the Rampage...

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Idiot race posted:

I could see why at daytona, dont they reach pretty high speed on the banking? I guess you wouldnt want to have an accident on the oval part at high speed in an open top prototype.

Not sure about into the banking, as you're coming off the infield before NASCAR 1-2 and coming out of the 'Bus Stop' chicane before NASCAR 3-4. I do know they hit some pretty decent speeds on the back stretch and the tri-oval before braking for those sections as well.

Granted, the superbikes use a slightly different infield course which cuts out NASCAR 1-2 altogether, but still uses 3-4.

However, if you have enough of a group of cars together, it can be easy to 'collect' other cars in wreck when running on the main NASCAR circuit, and last thing you'd need, I suppose, is an open-topped car managing to find itself underneath another car.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
On the first lap of the first race of the GTCC run last night, I ended up on my side at the second to last corner on Iberian. Here are some things that happened:

I want to believe :tinfoil:

This guy (greg) is a jerk:

Frago tried to help, but...

omgitsbees does better, but my engine is dead

Synmoo tries to do...something...

YOU'RE NOT HELPING!!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Dr. Faustus posted:

Howdy to the mothership. The human can see me. He can see me!

Here's the video from my replay of the initial wipeout.

The great thing about this, I wasn't the only one to roll over on that corner, and despite the 'game camera' ending up with half the screen blocked, it's the only way to catch both.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

ANAmal.net posted:

Man this is like the one time I don't crash into someone, and I still get called a jerk.

It doesn't have my livery either. :smith:

Don't worry too much, I just didn't have enough space to upload photos of everyone who spun out near me. You were just the closest to hitting me who didn't.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

What have I tuned wrong when my car feels like it takes a long time to decide what direction to point? Like when I'm coming out of a turn it will twitch back a bit like it doesn't really want to go where I tell it to.

Understeer? I'm not as good as the others, so they'll give you better advice, but I would say make sure the diff isn't locking up (don't set them to 100%), and try to tune your suspension towards and oversteering bias.

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 5, 2012

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

It's not understeer, it's more wobbly, like some cars will kind of bounce back after I finish turning. I messed with the anti roll bars and I think that helped some

That sounds about right. Try adjusting the dampening on the springs as well. That should help minimize the wobbling as well.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

LiquidRain posted:

The second the account hacking became known as an epidemic I switched auto-renew off my account and moved to using cards only. Same price, little fuss (free shipping or on the way home pickup), no lockout worries. I keep a "buffer" of MS points for DLC.

Also a maximum length password of random poo poo helps.

Really, though, MS needs to figure this poo poo out, stat. It's obscene. They don't give you a gold account?!

I switched off auto-renew and bought a 3 month card, but I didn't let the membership expire before putting it on, so it still wouldn't let me remove the card, saying it was "applied" to the pre-paid membership. I finally got off my lazy rear end and got one of those Visa gift cards with $20 on it and removed everything else.

All this hacking is too hard to just ignore. I've already done the whole password required for every login and the passcode, too.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I stole someone's idea of using shoes as inspiration for a livery, and this is what I came up with:

I tried changing the colors up, and I think the car works best with colored rims:

Ready for Wednesday, though the final product has red rims;

I've got the red one up on my storefront (search lljk or gtcc), but if you want it in a different color (or the rims actually colored), let me know and I'll be glad to send one your way.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Scirocco Griffon posted:

This reminds me... I'm really hoping that they manage to put the Nissan Juke-R in the game at some point. It's pretty much the real-world equivalent of what we do with cars in Forza.

Heck, even if they put in a stock Juke, gave it conversion options for AWD and the GT-R engine and added in the aero bits that would be awesome as hell.

This is so stupid, it's awesome. I, like those supposed sheiks, need this in my life.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

I said come in! posted:

I never have credits, there's always a car I want to buy. :kiddo: That said, i'm still not actually close to hitting the garage cap, which is like 550 cars.

Not sure I'll ever hit 550. Right now I'm eyeballing the 300 car badge thingy, but once I hit that, I'm probably going to sell half my garage to get rid of cars I actually don't like, or never drive.

Sunday Punch posted:

I spend all my time painting instead of racing, but the storefront brings in enough money that I don't even pay attention to costs anymore. Basically I buy whatever I want to paint next and I still have about 15 million or so in the bank, it works out pretty well. I don't have any of the uber expensive cars though, the only one that's really tempting is the Daytona coupe.

I'd like to make more money out of the storefront, but it gets discouraging when my most popular design has sold something like 20 copies since October. Also doesn't help when it seems that half the design community on Forza's forums are conspiring to have all their designs free as a way of pointing out hackers and copy cats or some nonsense.

It's also annoying to find out someone else makes a similar design, but of poorer quality and charging more and they've got more suckers buyers.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

fuckpot posted:

I hate to be 'that guy' but I have noticed a lot of people mentioning features saying it is the last thing that Forza needs to be the perfect race-sim. Those features haven't been weather or night-racing. Now I have read a big chunk of this thread and haven't really seen it talked about that much. The lack of weather and night-racing was the reason I didn't buy this one and just stuck with Forza 3. If multiplayer was a big drawcard for me then I probably would have bought it for that, but still whined and moaned about the lack of rain and floodlights. It's almost as though you guys are okay they left it out and for them to leave it out in future releases. Why is that?

We're all big car nerds, and we would all love night racing & weather. We're just not going to go on about it until we're blue in the face.

Also, not everyone feels that night/weather is the thing, and that there are other features that they feel are more important or immediate. Personally, I'd love to see race flags, and the ability to qualify or practice before races.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Puddin posted:

Also, everyone in AUGR needs to the the Fuji track day with the Yaris PopeOnARope put in the shared garage, its just awesome, but gently caress trying to get a clean lap.

Your Yaris sounds interesting. If you don't mind, could you send/sell it to one of us GTCC peeps to give us a run at it?

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

mattdizzleZ28 posted:

Do you need VIP or some outside facebook app to get the unicorn rewards? I still havent gotten the ferrari CS for januarys event, and i was in the top 1%

As long as you've got a gold Live account, you should get it. If not, I'd email Turn 10 to see if there's an issue.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Mac Tonight posted:

Emailing them doesn't do much. I've tried 3 times to find out about my saved games not being recognized and haven't heard a word.

That sounds like they invalidated your save. I've read they've went kinda scorched earth about "dirty" hacked credits, even flagging or invalidating people's saves for having a car purchased with dirty credits, regardless if you weren't involved in the creation of "dirty" credits.

I have heard (from Forzamotorsport.net, so take it with a grain of salt) that they will get to everyone's emails. How soon? I can't tell you.

Fox of Stone posted:

Is everything that can potentially be tied to DLC locked until you get it? I wanted to try that new (old) Group B Audi in the club garage but it asked me to get the DLC. I also received mail saying a got a gift car but that too required a DLC.

Yes.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Just posted a time in the Audi R18 challenge. It's weird, but I swear it sounds just like the Ford F-550 I used for deliveries at my last job.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Idiot race posted:

Was the ford a diesel V6? Because I could see it sounding fairly simmilar. The modern diesel LMP1 cars all sound like diesel trucks to me. Every time they did an onboard shot last year at lemans all I could think of was the towtruck that picked my car up when the turbo failed.

Even irl they sound realy loving boring for a racecar. Well compared to the fantastic V12 lola aston anyway.

No, it was the big 6.2 or 6.4 Powerstroke turbodiesel. At least it doesn't sound like that crappy International I was driving...

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

projecthalaxy posted:

Porsche is the only "big" brand I can think of that's missing. It would be neat to just have the march pack be all Porsches. But watch it be just a souped up Studebaker station wagon or something.

When they bring out the Studebaker Golden Hawk and the Avanti, you'll have to let me know how you like your crow. Just as long as it's not Brabus, though.

vvv Throw in a Packard Super 8 and I'll be first in line for that DLC.

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 11, 2012

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

FreelanceSocialist posted:

To the vast majority of Forza players, a "selection" of F1 cars is what Gran Turismo's "selection" of Skylines is to us. They'd be much better off with an Ariel Atom, a Lotus T125 or a 2-Eleven, a Caterham Seven or r500, KTM X-Bow, etc.

What about an Allard J2X Mk. II?

I'd love to see some F1 cars, but I can see where Turn 10 maybe hesitant, as it seems there's a good chunck of people who've become Forza fans with 4, but aren't really car people. I was talking with a friend of mine from college and he mentioned a friend of his not understanding why there was "some crummy Alfa" in the new DLC.

But there's more to open wheel race cars than just F1. There's also Formula Ford, the Mazda series, IRL & Cart, etc. I'm sure there's plenty of people who'd like to drive Danica Patrick's car, while trying to feel superior to NASCAR fans.

That being said, I'd love to see more Grand Am cars. I thought there were one or two in Forza 3, but I don't think they made it into 4 (probably because one was a Porsche, iirc).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Scirocco Griffon posted:

Man I'm so glad I'm almost done with the Ferrari collecting achievement. Just 3 of the F430GT racecars left now, and I know I can get at least one of them off the auction house for cheap.

They should have included an unlockable homespace of a palace in Dubai for people whose collections exceed a value of 50 million credits or so, either that or Jay Leno's garage.

Is there a list somewhere of which Ferraris are needed for that acheivement? Or is the answer simply all of them (not including DLC)?

• Locked thread