Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arkady
Jun 18, 2004

Off to work!
I've been using a Linksys E2000 with Tomato 1.28 for a few years. It's been needing resets every week or so for Wifi to work right, so I'm thinking it's time to replace it.

Archer C7 seems the running recommendation, but I feel that since I'm in the networking profession I should get something that's not "consumer-y".
Alternatives that I found are the 10 Port Mikrotik, and the EdgeRouterX + an Ubiquiti wifi antenna.

All three options end up costing about the same.
Mikrotik and ER-X seem more professional. I expect them to be more stable that the C7.
ER-X is edging the Mikrotik for me because the OS looks better, and it is much newer.
C7 has AC, which the other 2 don't.
I don't anticipate configuration difficulties to be an issue.

I can find very little information that would let me compare them, so I figured I'd ask for opinions on whether going for "prosumer" devices is likely to give any worthwhile benefits in performance and stability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU