Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
I noticed the other day that there were five different "bagger" magazines and two "custom" Harley magazine out of about nine magazine total at the fancy demi-suburban grocery store.

Do these magazine stay in business? Can you make money writing for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

SeamusMcPhisticuffs posted:

I'm late to the game but:

I still want a Road King

My beemer is a tractor too.

I wouldn't mind a Harley - solely because no women have asked for a ride on my giant nerd GS bike.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I know a fair bit about BMW subculture. Oakleys and Hooters, no. Athletic wear and NPR, yes. And none of their exhausts will ever wake you up at night.

I reved my engine under a bridge the other day. The vRRRRRrrrr it made barely echoed off the walls. A little disappointing, but I like the vacuum+tractor sound.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
This thread makes me want a HD. I'm sick of spaceship looking bikes (had a R1100gs i traded for my dad's Versys.) I'm going to try and trade straight across for a 883. I'm 6'1", which one do I want? There's always a lot for sale. Mainly customs, how hard is it to put mid-controls on them? Can I still go around a curvy road once in awhile? I hate the way the Versys handles (little wheels front and back.) I liked the way my CX500C and GS handled (bigger wheel in front.)

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Right. I had my eye on a Sportster, then went to the metric dealer and found a '07 C50 I really liked so I traded my Versys for it + $100 for a new set of tires (dealer cost I assume.) It's only 800ccs, but it makes the brrrppppppppp sound so I'm happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

elsanto posted:

Cool. Looks like its either National or Memphis Shades.
I need to do a fork spring replacement, and would like to install a drop in kit like this one: http://www.progressivesuspension.com/dropin/index.html
Are there any tips and tricks to this, or is it really that easy?

Remember to tighten back up the Memphis Shades quick releases so you don't lose them. I was so excited to take off the windshield a few weeks ago I forgot and lost two of them.

• Locked thread