Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

IcedPee posted:

They made what they called a cafe racer (the XLCR sportster. It doesn't look anywhere near as cool as that one) back in the 70s, but it wasn't popular. They're sought after these days, though.
I went into my local Harley dealer for the first time last week (a friend needed 8$ a piece bolts that had a skull on the head) and they have one on display. Although not near as cool as the one that woman rides I couldn't stop looking at it. After I was finished drooling over the new soft tail slims and the road kings that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
Your kidneys are next in line.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
Well carry on then sir.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
Got to see a street 500 Saturday. They set up right next to me at a music festival. The demo was dumb as hell but the bike looked great. I'd expected a much cheaper looking product and I was wrong. Although the whole staff referred to it as a "starter" bike I don't fall in to that and will seriously probably own one at some point.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Shimrod posted:

What's the go with the orange things?

Crash bars.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
Yeah I heard on a podcast that it wasn't up to normal Harley fit and finish and if that is so, I sure didn't see it. I didn't think in person the radiator looked bad but in all the pictures I've seen I did. I really don't think that with the small displacement and quiet exhaust it will do much for core Harley people, but I also don't think it was made for them. It does sound like a Jetson car but I was enamored by that. I'm not a brand loyal kind of person but I think I'd like this bike no matter who was the manufacturer. I can't wail untill the 750 hits the used market. But then again for around $7000 I may go new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

clutchpuck posted:

Instead I picked up another loving silly rear end Buell for less than 1/3 the price. Ulysseses are a magnificent bargain right now and they still do the #potatopotatopotato thing. 130% of a road king's capability, 30% of the price.

Seriously if there was one other person on here who rode a Ulysses, I'd have somebody to chat with about motorcycling perfection.

I'd love to have one. I'm just not sure it's different enough from my 990 adv to justify having one. That and there's actually a small chance I'll see another 990 in the wild. Then we'd have something to talk about.

• Locked thread