Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Backov
Mar 28, 2010
What effect does water cooling have on emissions? Don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
To me it seems like a no brainer - air cooled all the way. Radiators suck. Water pumps suck. All that poo poo sucks and not having to deal with it on motorcycles is fantastic.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Armyman25 posted:

I always find it funny when people bring up The Wild One in relation to Harleys.

Brando rode a Triumph.

He couldn't afford a Real Bike.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
Anyone know offhand if there are significant physical differences between the Sportster engine and the other Harley V-Twins? Other than displacement I mean.

The Sportster builds always seem quite high centered. I was wondering if that was something to do with the geometry of the engine.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

So I bought it :toot::toot::toot::toot::toot:

Went over to check it out, talked with the owner a bit (really cool guy) and we settled on $4600. I queried why he had to sell and he got a little embarrassed and said his elderly parents kept begging him to give up motorcycling :shobon: He was not happy to hand over the keys and muttered "I'll get another later in life..."

Nice! His complete lack of sack is your gain, goon sir.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Errant Gin Monks posted:

There is some kind of noise maker in there. The Zero is drat near silent, this thing sounds like a silly tiny jet engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoQ7NS209xM

That's not silent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

angryhampster posted:

My '83 XLS weighs 520 dry and that's with the big tank and twin discs up front. I'd imagine the peanut-tank bikes of the era were under 500.

It's just more of the CA "hurp durp Harleys are 800 pounds!"

• Locked thread