Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I don't understand why wouldn't they make a cruiser as their first electric bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

epalm posted:

Never thought I'd say this but I'm considering a 2008 XL883 with 15,000 miles. The guy is asking for $7,000 but also mentions "OBO" and "want it gone" and "price not firm" :v:

The tires are original "HARLEY J. DAVIDSON" 2009 rubber, so that'd be the first thing to go.

Anything to watch out for with that particular year/model? I think it's just after the switch to EFI.
883 was $7300 brand new. How is asking msrp for a 7 year old bike is even remotely OK?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Strife posted:

Nonsense, purple is the color of kings.
Standard issue pimp color

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Flagged for removal

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
That looks really good, SoA be damned

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I never rode a hipster, therefore I hate them

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Sorry to hear about your dad.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Handlebar tassels

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
You install the huge loopy engine guards that double as highway foot rests and additional accessory mounts.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Pubic Lair posted:

My 2002 1200 sportster tops out around 100mph and can comfortably cruise around 70-80. But keep in mind they only have a 5 speed tranny so unless you pay as much as a used sportster costs to get an aftermarket 6 speed you will be running at a decent RPM over 70. Not a huge issue besides vibration and a bit extra oil consumption. The rubber mount motors 04+ may be a bit smoother if you want to run highways all day.

http://bakerdrivetrain.com/products/xl6-for-sportster

What kind of RPMs are you looking at 80mph if it tops out at 100? Also, how much vibration via handlebars?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Scrapez posted:

Anyone running one of the EBay led headlights? My low beam stopped working today.

Considering trying these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/192228772563
My friend bought one of these for his Road King and it's the most annoying loving thing in the world. We rode like 2500 miles and in the dark, he was forced to ride ahead of the group in order to keep our retinas from getting burned. But holy poo poo, does it light up the country roads in the dark, I tell ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Voltage posted:

I experienced the same thing on my fz6, the windscreen just shoved the wind on my helmet at the wrong place, and my tuono which is basically naked, feels totally fine, id rather just not have wind protection.
I'm dealing with this bullshit right now on my cb1100. Going through multiple windshield combos to get the least amount of focused wind gust on different parts of my body. Best solution so far is an adjustable upper screen, there are many aftermarket options around $100 that will mount on any surface. Example https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/puig-clip-on-windscreen-visor

• Locked thread