Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Well, it's not a Harley (and that's the point), but I am really enjoying my Indian now that the engine got sorted out.

The biggest annoyance is the most common street speeds (30-40) seem like they fall between gears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
The Indian Motorcycle Company that built my bike, based out of Gilroy, California, isn't. The new new Indian Motorcycle Company has been purchased by Polaris and is now making bikes in Iowa.

They are a boutique bike that runs from $24K on up. They are pretty nice, but very "exclusive" and I don't know how they are going to stay in business at those prices in this economy.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
So, I don't own a Harley, but I do like collecting the shirts. Anyone else do this?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

WildWanderer posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if HD makes more licensing merch than they do selling bikes.

The shear amount of HD merch is crazy. I think you can basically live your entire life utilizing HD gear.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Saga posted:

Says the Triumph owner!

Triumph has nothing on HD for crass merchandise.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Bonus points if you rode it in.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Eventually I'm going to get a Sportster and put some off road/dual sport tires on it and take it on the dirt roads.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Made in the USA! (of 50-60% foreign parts)

Indian is more accurate:

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Iowa? :reject: What happened to Mass.

Closed in the 50's. My 03 Indian was made in California, but that went away too. The latest generation started in North Carolina, before being moved to the Victory plant in Cedar Falls.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Are police model Harley's and better/worse than the regular bikes?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Z3n posted:

The only difference between Harley® riders and BMW® riders is if The Wild One or Long Way Around came up first on Netflix streaming.

I always find it funny when people bring up The Wild One in relation to Harleys.

Brando rode a Triumph.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Nice Skeletor airbrush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Would this be too subtle a joke?

http://www.clockshoppes.com/cuckoo-clocks-qwoinkcoo.aspx

• Locked thread