Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Whether they bought their own or whether someone else got it for them, post them here. I'd recommend that you post both a link and a screenshot thumbnail using [timg] tags, just so that people can see the title in its natural environment, as well as making sure people who have avatars and titles turned off can see it.

Don't post your own. We don't care how much you love yourself.

This OP clearly takes the cake as far as I'm concerned, just for sheer size. 1,548 pixels wide, therefore pretty much guaranteed broken tables without even counting the post itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wisp
May 17, 2010

The Comic Strip Megathread has a few good titles and avatars in it. I'm particularly taken with Nevets' and Hamiltonian Bicycle's avatars.

Nevets:

Hamiltonian Bicycle:

This one's animated, so check the profile link - it loses a lot in the screenshot.

ornery bean
Nov 7, 2010

Every time I see this guy post I get happy. His avatar is so goddamn hilarious to me.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I knew there was a reason I saved this

Everytime.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

I have no idea if this is even current anymore, but I love the hell out of it. :3:

ornery bean
Nov 7, 2010

Eggplant Wizard posted:

I have no idea if this is even current anymore, but I love the hell out of it. :3:

Oh my god that is so goddamn cute. I'm a sucker for animal avatars.

This is also in my list of favorites. LOVE this movie, especially this scene.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Hed from TFF

(explanation)

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Wafflehound's avatar is just hilarious to me.

The Worst Unicorn
Nov 4, 2009

~*I Sparkle You Sparkle*~

It is!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Every time - every time - I see Good Citizen's avatar, I start nodding along to it.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
ChibiSoma's previous title which provided a handy link to him flipping out at a webcomic artist for ruining teenage lesbian shipping potential.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
whoever has the avatar with a (mspaint) smiley face and a cup of jello, with text that reads

you know whats really good

jello

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I really like Canned Macabre's avatar, or avatars, I think it has changed at least 2 times. But it's always this creepy beans kid:
http://i.imgur.com/FiTgi.png

The avatar/title that the OP posted is the best of all times!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

This belongs to Picklejars, and it makes everything she posts seem really, really paranoid.

I also enjoy seeing the other members of the Homestuck Avatar Army, especially the other Dave-atars. Someone has one just like mine, only not animated, and I can't remember who it is.

Jack MacAskill
Feb 21, 2011

Oh man, I have an unhealthy love of avatars. Worst Unicorn, you have some of the best unicorn avatars, you ironic hipster.
My favourite though is Wandering Knitter's old avatar:

Her new one is alright I guess but it always makes me sad, just because it's not that old one.

Found via this 'Something Awful Avatar Retrieval Service'.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
I can't look at Sizzlechest's Fyad-friend avatar without wanting to repeat it out loud to no one in particular.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Jack MacAskill posted:

Found via this 'Something Awful Avatar Retrieval Service'.

I had no idea this existed. It is incredible.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green

Lawlicaust posted:

I had no idea this existed. It is incredible.

This thing doesn't always appear to work, so I'm thinking sometimes you're better off just right clicking their avatar, hitting "Copy image Location" and changing the number at the end of the url to anywhere between 0001 and 000x. In this case, "x" is the current avatar they have.

I'm not certain it always works, but here's an example -
Good Citizen's current avatar - http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/fe/c8/00139807.0002.gif

Good Citizen's old avatar - http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/fe/c8/00139807.0001.gif

I'm not sure if this works for some avatars, because every once in a while I've come across someone who's 0001.gif placement was a 404 page, but in case SAARS hasn't cached someone's avatar and you know they had a older cool one, I'd recommend this method.

Also.. does this technically count as image leeching? The files are still hosted on SA, so I'm not sure.

Dangit, quit rechecking the automatically parse URL's box..

Susat has a new favorite as of 05:44 on Oct 16, 2011

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

Desperado Bones posted:

I really like Canned Macabre's avatar, or avatars, I think it has changed at least 2 times. But it's always this creepy beans kid:
http://i.imgur.com/FiTgi.png

His current one:
:gonk:

Also, your avatar is lovely.

Jack MacAskill posted:

Oh man, I have an unhealthy love of avatars.
:hfive: Yet here I was, thinking my love of them was actually a healthy expression of being visual. I frequent a forum where there are no avatars at all, a stinking nightmare when your inner recognition device works better through shapes and colours.

___

Would this also be a good place to discuss avatar history/stories? In case it would, I'll just print my short blahblah: there are numerous posters bearing the avatar of the same cat. I only know that the cat's name is Trophy - nothing to write an encyclopedia about. Who is the owner? What happened so that many posters got different Trophy avatars?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
VendaGoat's avatar has always been a favorite of mine. It's so perfect that I can't imagine him ever having anything else.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green

I like Stairs' avatar, The Dalek's reaction to the stairs always gets a smile out of me.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

big business sloth posted:

whoever has the avatar with a (mspaint) smiley face and a cup of jello, with text that reads

jello

sup. It's originally Deadly Pie's av given by Angerbot (if I recall) to anyone who pestered him for a new av after a mass banning. I love it though.
And he's changed it since, but I love this one

It really fooled me when I first saw it; he was asking in A/T why his posts were hosed up.
e: somehow I forgot the best av of all time (also the best gif of all time)

sported by Jorsh, now known as MOOMIN.EXE.

Mr. Squishy has a new favorite as of 15:05 on Oct 16, 2011

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
You really can't get better than Violent. But I'll try.

It's actually a bit of a pasttime to screencap my favorite avatar/title combos. Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work with gifs, which is sad :( Anyway, here's my own personal "best of" collection

e: A Darker Porpoise and Philosopher King have animated avatars, so here are the links for full effect:
A Darker Porpoise
Philosopher King

Mr. D Bewildering has a new favorite as of 16:10 on Oct 16, 2011

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy

Based off a true story.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

big business sloth posted:

jello

Yeah, Mr. Squishy if you ever change your avatar I'll... I don't know what I'll do, but I won't be happy

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Pilli posted:

His current one:

:hfive: Yet here I was, thinking my love of them was actually a healthy expression of being visual. I frequent a forum where there are no avatars at all, a stinking nightmare when your inner recognition device works better through shapes and colours.

___

Would this also be a good place to discuss avatar history/stories? In case it would, I'll just print my short blahblah: there are numerous posters bearing the avatar of the same cat. I only know that the cat's name is Trophy - nothing to write an encyclopedia about. Who is the owner? What happened so that many posters got different Trophy avatars?

wraithgar is Trophys owner. Why everyone in PI has a Trophytar is a secret :ssh:

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
He buys most of them, too.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Oh my God. The best part is all the assumptions he was mad about were completely wrong.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
Strange Matter

Big red custom title text is "ASK ME ABOUT GENOCIDE"

It's just so perfect. :allears:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Pilli posted:

His current one:

Creepier than ever. Never change Canned Macabre.

Awww thank you. Although, we should thank the mysterious goon who bought it to me. Every Moomin avatar I've seen is adorable :3:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

From Silenced Parrot over in TFF. From a picture that Chiguren made when the Broncos were running away with the AFC West. It pictured Kyle Orton riding a flying Jack Daniels bottle to the Superbowl.

Second is TFF poster Kawalimus. Back in the past he and poster Pop Dog would argue over how good the Ravens truly were. They were famous for the fire and intensity of their arguements, and they would usually spill into seemlingly every thread. Pop Dog's avatar featured a Dog similiar to Kawalimus' that stated "The Dog that Refreshes." Eventually someone suggested that a avatar should be made for Kawalimus that had the same dog with a top hat, a monocle, and a goatee.

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

You really can't get better than Violent. But I'll try.

It's actually a bit of a pasttime to screencap my favorite avatar/title combos. Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work with gifs, which is sad :( Anyway, here's my own personal "best of" collection

e: A Darker Porpoise and Philosopher King have animated avatars, so here are the links for full effect:
A Darker Porpoise
Philosopher King

I love Pneub's because he bought it for himself after someone bought him the red title. As if pointing out that you're annoying enough to get a red custom title somehow invalidates being annoying enough to get a red custom title.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

OxySnake posted:

From Silenced Parrot over in TFF. From a picture that Chiguren made when the Broncos were running away with the AFC West. It pictured Kyle Orton riding a flying Jack Daniels bottle to the Superbowl.

Second is TFF poster Kawalimus. Back in the past he and poster Pop Dog would argue over how good the Ravens truly were. They were famous for the fire and intensity of their arguements, and they would usually spill into seemlingly every thread. Pop Dog's avatar featured a Dog similiar to Kawalimus' that stated "The Dog that Refreshes." Eventually someone suggested that a avatar should be made for Kawalimus that had the same dog with a top hat, a monocle, and a goatee.

oh right, also pop dogs' rule. the dog that refreshes.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Hammer Floyd has one of my favorite custom titles because of how he earned it, but for the life of me I simply can't find the thread it happened in. Since bringing up a user's post history doesn't actually bring up every post they've ever made (even if you have Archives), it's lost until someone who knows exactly what the thread was called and when it was last active.

So the story goes: Someone makes a photoshop thread in GBS calling for fake advertisements that look real and includes a very good photoshop of a bus stop ad of a new McDonald's product, and forums poster Hammer Floyd posts, possibly as the first post: "It's generally good practice to include a starter photoshop."

Cue two or three solid pages of various goons mocking his stupidity.

Jack MacAskill
Feb 21, 2011

Azruelli posted:

I haven't been a Doctor Who fan since infancy (only remember that the theme song terrified me) but that still makes me chuckle every now and then.

Does it come up in the show often? It should.

One of Mattimer's, not sure why he chose it, always reminded me of Phil Collins.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Jack MacAskill posted:

I haven't been a Doctor Who fan since infancy (only remember that the theme song terrified me) but that still makes me chuckle every now and then.

Does it come up in the show often? It should.

Not as often since it's been revealed that they can just float/fly/EL-E-VATE! up stairs.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
SUBLIME!'s avatar always makes me laugh. Watch closely, it's an animation:

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

:h:Knight of the
Rainbow Table.:h:
Well, this is awkward.

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,
Does anyone remember that guy whos posts for reasons I do not recall would appear in his custom title area?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Penguin
Apr 3, 2009

I was hoping to come up with an objection while banging on my desk, Your Honor. ...I didn't.
I love this one:

It does look like something Shmorky would have drawn. I want to know who's behind it.

• Locked thread