Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radiation
Nov 23, 2010

"you found a fistful of rice-krispies"

dumb brunette posted:

I know Radiation did a mashup thing with some anime song while the hiatus was on, and got a question or two like "IS THIS THE EOA5 FLASH MUSIC" and his response was "what in the gently caress possibly gave you that idea, jesus."

People think some stupid stuff. Someone out of nowhere asked if I was doing voice acting for the EoA, I jokingly said yes, and people believed it long after I stated that it was a joke.

Then, weeks later, Octopimp joked that he was voice acting in the EoA, despite the joke already being deader than a horse at a dogfood-and-glue-factory being beaten by a broom with a chainsaw on the end. And people believed it.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited for the EoA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

dumb brunette posted:

I know Radiation did a mashup thing with some anime song while the hiatus was on, and got a question or two like "IS THIS THE EOA5 FLASH MUSIC" and his response was "what in the gently caress possibly gave you that idea, jesus."

I'm going to have to go look for the mashup you're talking about now. Homestuck fans in their native habitat are pretty hilarious to watch :allears:

Yeah, if you find that defnitely post it. Just thinking about it reminds me of this.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

I've got my MSPA updater checking the site every minute, Valhalla is going to start blasting once it does, and I have a box of Gushers waiting in the pantry.

I am READY for this update.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
I still think Nepeta isn't dead. No-one is dead until DEAD appears next to them in giant letters. We'll have the end of act flash and then nepetaquest 2011.

P.S. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6_VAiznSTc

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
^^Those fit too well.

I don't think I'll be able to get a wink of sleep until this update is posted. :v:

Do we have any idea what the exiles are planning? Why are they blowing everything up?

tinaun fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 23, 2011

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Hussie is a fiend who tugs on my heartstrings.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

tinaun posted:

I don't think I'll be able to get a wink of sleep until this update is posted. :v:

Do we have any idea what the exiles are planning? Why are they blowing everything up?

They might be doing it to stop Sburb from "reseeding" the world, which destines it for destruction all over again as soon as the world is restored enough to tolerate it.

Of course, this is iffy since the universe is already on the brink of cancer death/Bec Noir murder.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
I am way more excited about the eoa flash than I have any right to be.

Hussie is going to destroy everything I love, isn't he?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't think I can even imagine what this is going to contain. How long can it even be? What on earth is going to happen?

I'm excited.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
At this point I think EOA5 will be either the Homestuck equivalent of a Metal Gear Solid cutscene or the most massive walkaround flash.

Maybe both...

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Well Manicured Man posted:

At this point I think EOA5 will be either the Homestuck equivalent of a Metal Gear Solid cutscene or the most massive walkaround flash.

Maybe both...

Guest written by Hideo Kojima.

Spoilers - Lord English is nanogenes.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?
A jeez I was going to link to the mashup but I forgot! In any case it's here though most of the funniest posts about it weren't as notes on the post itself. It seems that since I last looked at the notes more people have gotten the joke, which is comforting.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Radiation posted:

People think some stupid stuff. Someone out of nowhere asked if I was doing voice acting for the EoA, I jokingly said yes, and people believed it long after I stated that it was a joke.

Then, weeks later, Octopimp joked that he was voice acting in the EoA, despite the joke already being deader than a horse at a dogfood-and-glue-factory being beaten by a broom with a chainsaw on the end. And people believed it.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited for the EoA!

So since you have insider information, tell me this:

On a scale of one to ten, how many bricks am I going to poo poo after the EoA?

Jewel
May 2, 2009

President Ark posted:

Thirty seven.

Also since the thread's here, and letting this gem get drowned out when EoA5 gets released, I might as well post it now. It was posted in the fanart thread but not as many people read that at all.

The homestuck fanmusicians made a Jailbreak album! It's all chiptunes :swoon:

http://homestuckgaiden.bandcamp.com/album/jailbreak-vol-1

First two tracks aren't too amazing, but everything from then on is great. There's a fair few bonus tracks for downloading it (it's free, just type 0.00 for the price!), and my favorite tracks are Title Screen, Assail, and Jackknive. Either way go listen to it while we wait for the flash.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

President Ark posted:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So hey, I just wanna say that I called the EoA being dropped on 10/25 just for the sake of it being on 10/25, but people shot it down because Hussie didn't care about hitting "special date" deadlines in the past.

Anyway welcome back MSPA thread I missed you.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Whoever is advertising on the website is awesome.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
I'm gonna celebrate with a rereading and some whiskey on my day off (Monday), so that I am fully prepared and rehyped for EoA 5. The hiatus has really strained my give a gently caress, but hopefully I'll be rekindled.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o4NvBz8xac

Oh, Michael Bowman, you're so dreamy.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Roger Explosion posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o4NvBz8xac

Oh, Michael Bowman, you're so dreamy.

He has a really bitching house. I'd live in that house.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
This is lame, but I'm honestly going to be really sad when Homestuck is over. It's a great story, and I wish I'd gotten into it a year ago.

I'm not the only one, right?

Right?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

marsattacks posted:

This is lame, but I'm honestly going to be really sad when Homestuck is over. It's a great story, and I wish I'd gotten into it a year ago.

Right?
In theory Hussie will start another MSPaint Adventure for everyone to be obsessed about, even greater than the last.

That... that's going to be a thing that will happen, right?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

JT Jag posted:

In theory Hussie will start another MSPaint Adventure for everyone to be obsessed about, even greater than the last.

That... that's going to be a thing that will happen, right?

Nope, no more MSPA

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

marsattacks posted:

Right?

I'll miss it too. Especially the fact that my birthday is an important number, I got Past Karkat: Wake up last year and am getting the EoA this year. But birthday update chat always ends up being horrible so let's not talk about that anymore.

On the bright side, Andrew has said that Homestuck itself is a precursor to another thing, like Problem Sleuth was to Homestuck. Not sure if that thing will be another adventure or not, but I'll look forward to it anyways.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

pandaK posted:

Nope, no more MSPA

That's horrible. You're horrible.

Obviously when Homestuck ends (a good six or seven months from now), Hussie will immediately begin posting his next Magnum Opus, and it will be so wonderful all memory of Homestuck will be stricken from our minds.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Veev posted:

Whoever is advertising on the website is awesome.
The DO IT HUSSIE one? While the ad may be cool, the comic to which it links is terrible.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I got into this series two months ago to stave off my eventual indoctrination into the brony horde. Having spent half of my Homestuck fan life without updates, I am now full immune to any and all future hiatuses.

...I think I'm going to go read Problem Sleuth to keep myself sane.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The entire internet is going to crash on Tuesday.

You won't know about 10/25 from your MSPA updater, don't even try. You're going to know it happened when your ISP suffers a catastrophic explosion.

Some will be thought to be freak accidents. But no, that's ridiculous, nothing that ISPs normally handle would be that volatile.

Then there's the terrorist accusations; in theory that makes more sense, at least logistically. But why? Why would terrorists stage a calculated, worldwide attack on every single service provider? It just doesn't make sense. Of course, this gap in logic doesn't stop governments - fingers are pointed, accusations made, and before you know it there's three separate wars going on at once about an act nobody has proof of.

Those of us who know what happened, that it was simply the world's biggest unintended DDoS attack, strong enough to obliterate global communications completely and totally? Do you really think they'd listen to such a ridiculous claim? That the internet was destroyed because a bunch of nerds wanted to know who wears a big green coat?

Nobody will believe that we were witness to this, men. To see the releasing of the red balloons that began the apocalypse. But we will know. And while the world will not believe us, we will be resolute in our personal knowledge that we were there.

P.S. Cal is Lord English.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Cleretic posted:

P.S. Cal is Lord English.

We are Lord English.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

marsattacks posted:

We are Lord English.
Impossible. Lord English has banner-alt-text powers. We don't have that power. Unless I missed that memo. In which case, poo poo.

Cracky
Feb 11, 2007

are you one of those guys who likes big fatties and the big fatties have got big fatty dildos in their nose and they barf and they barf and its so gross.

Tauros singing "you will have a lover you can count on as a frieeeeeeend" oh god
Here, have these.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbpvePUWG0M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYQEYMWQi40

also, nice banner

Cracky fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 23, 2011

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

marsattacks posted:

Right?

I got into Homestuck last November, so hearing that the end is in sight makes me incredibly sad. It's only been about eleven and a half months since I started reading it and we're already in the endgame, it's like catching up on a show you've heard so many great things about right in the middle of its final season. :smith: If I had stuck with MSPA back after Problem Sleuth had ended my life would have been so much different. Seriously.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
With how large this thing must be I'm anticipating no less then 16 preloader psycheouts.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Additionally, here here is a very well done and extremely complicated timeline

HelloIAmYourHeart fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Oct 23, 2011

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
There's going to be an Act 6 and an Act 7, right? I know Hussie's said that 6 is going to not be nearly as long as 5, and 7's going to be fairly miniscule, but how long does everybody think each one is going to be?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

marsattacks posted:

There's going to be an Act 6 and an Act 7, right? I know Hussie's said that 6 is going to not be nearly as long as 5, and 7's going to be fairly miniscule, but how long does everybody think each one is going to be?

Act 6 will probably be as long as act 4 and act 7 will probably balloon to the size of act 5 part 2

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Hussie's stated before that Act 7 will be an epilogue, so Act 6 will most likely be the climactic finale. Also we should note that saying 6 is not going to be as long as 5 is incredibly slippery, given how long 5 was, and Hussie's plans have certainly outrun him before. (See: majority of the comic up to this point.)

Flash speculation: Jade goes God Tier via her Spriteself, becoming a specimen of anthropomorphic fauna, just as she always dreamed. Recognizing Lord English as a bug (glitch) in the system of Sburb, she eats him and doesn't even care.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Hussie's stated before that Act 7 will be an epilogue, so Act 6 will most likely be the climactic finale. Also we should note that saying 6 is not going to be as long as 5 is incredibly slippery, given how long 5 was, and Hussie's plans have certainly outrun him before. (See: majority of the comic up to this point.)

Flash speculation: Jade goes God Tier via her Spriteself, becoming a specimen of anthropomorphic fauna, just as she always dreamed. Recognizing Lord English as a bug (glitch) in the system of Sburb, she eats him and doesn't even care.

Although honestly we've got like a 20% chance of the flash just being the word "PSYCHE" fifty times, and then "THE END" and that's it for Homestuck.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

marsattacks posted:

Although honestly we've got like a 20% chance of the flash just being the word "PSYCHE" fifty times, and then "THE END" and that's it for Homestuck.

This would be hillarious and almost worth it.

Almost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Remember doc scratch said that there are two ways to ascend to god tier. Someone or someones will be going god tier in this flash. Potentially all kids/trolls by the time the comic ends, judging from the WP finery site.

Tuesday will be a good day.