Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?
100%! Just needs to sort out flash debugging :3

Also the fervour on Tumblr has reached the point where my friend posted a "leak" of the music team's work for the EOA5 music that actually just "rear end 'N Titties" mashed up with Sburban Jungle and it got a whole mess of people reblogging it like "I DON'T WANT TO SPOIL BUT HERE EVERYONE" and a lot of really angry posts about disrespecting the music team by posting their work and it was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

A jeez I was going to link to the mashup but I forgot! In any case it's here though most of the funniest posts about it weren't as notes on the post itself. It seems that since I last looked at the notes more people have gotten the joke, which is comforting.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

I've seen the smallest flashes gain cause a gain of more than 10 pages over part of a day, I'm pretty sure?? 100 over the 24 hours after the flash drops is an entire possible and horrifying prospect.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Anyone who got to watch it I hate you all.

I even had 6009 ready to open the second someone would've said it dropped but I was watching my terrible japanese animes in waiting :(

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Bogart posted:

Alright, you bastards who have actually seen it, give us a summary.

Why would you WANT that???

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Reene posted:

ALTERNATE FLASH LINK

I WARNED YOU ABOUT HOSTING BRO. I TOLD YOU DOG.

god bless

use of thosestairs.swf is an art

and i'm going to watch on the stream because why the hell not. I already saw the bit up to Jack dropping dead Jade on her quest bed via a partial flash file anyway

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

pandaK posted:

Oh by the way, just ignore the first minute on this one. It's just the Play button until a minute in.

This one won't let me in, apparently there's a cap on NaS's channel. I was watching in the livestream but my connection crapped out and I DON'T WANNA MISS A THING.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

There's a download floating around that is nice quality. I'm not posting it, but I am gonna watch it so I don't have to deal with Livestream. All I can say is HOLY poo poo! My only gripe is the art for god tier jade which felt all wooden and creepy to me

Fat_Cow posted:

SPOILERS: So two solluxs are around, One sollux on the asteroid pushed it toward the green sun, killing himself as he did it right?

I think so but it might need to be elaborated.

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

SUPER REAL ACTUAL SPOILERS The Green Sun wasn't destroyed in this flash, it was created. I think.

This and the "suckers" from Scratch led me to believe this as well

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Still curious about the Troll Empress and the Handmaid at this point. Unless I missed it in there.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Cavatica posted:

Real Spoilers: Oh I get it. Twice the mass of our universe.

Oh my god how did I not catch that. Also it took me two viewings to realize the other thing too, other person who replied to this post!

Who needs spoiler tags when you can just be vague as hell.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Uh so real question here Is Aradia evil because she seems awful happy considering everyone else thought they were nerfing that sun???? She does seem to be set up to be a lower-tier villain here, I just wonder when the heck Scratch got to her. Or perhaps it was just all the whisperings of the Handmaid influencing her over time

I'd rather it not be that way but it's sure looking like it :worry:

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Oh man I didn't not expect so much more stuff coming after I woke up. Albums! Hoodies! Speculation! Fanart!!!

Seriously though, zip-up is the way to go. Having only pullover hoodies is a tragedy..

Walliard posted:

If J has my name I will be so disproportionately happy.

In other news, I made a utility for assigning appropriate artist metadata to Homestuck music. It's pretty basic, but it may be relevant to some interests around here.

This is a really great idea! I usually do it manually, though one thing I've done before is leave things with multiple artists or ambiguous levels of contributions tagged as "Homestuck" and I'm interested to see how you handled it.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

So since Dog-Tier Jade is part Bec do you think she has a running inner-monologue of "GOOD ME, BEST SELF"?

It's a helluva way to fix Jadesprite's self-esteem issues.

I hope this, and internal dog/mail-lady conflict for PM, are things that get referenced because I cannot see that being anything but hilarious.

But man, first-guardian prototyped god tier dreamself the only thing that could make Jade more badass would be if the rings worked on humans.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

I'm loving these write-up posts, though over two watches I pretty much absorbed all of that info. That and this thread, of course

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Yes yes, we all know about the curious absence of a full version of Spider's Claw... But there's something more critical that's been missing from albums for far longer than that...

Something which has not even made the faintest appearance on any album...

Hussie, where is Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff: The Movie: The Theme Song?

yeah man i need that poo poo in FLAC

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

I like the first guardian idea. I'm going to go with that until a better explanation comes up.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

I know Supercar is obviously excited about this but where is PIGBUSTER when you need him.

I swear there was maybe one person other than me and Pigbuster who were demanding that wallpaper and now all our dreams are coming true :)

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Man I know Hussie loves his tension building and exposition but I think I am reaching critical impatience with stuff being crazy with no outright payoff. I don't know how I lasted this long in the story with feelings like this. I just miss John again I guess :(

The Olive Garden piece is truly a masterful piece of storytelling. Someone should make a kids book out of it. With gifs, somehow.

Tangentially related to the thread, I played some of Well Manicured Man's music on my radio show I guess! Just kinda hucked it into the playlist and so people in their cars got to hear some barely audible (due to radio compression and whatnot) carnival stuff. Yay! Here's a link to the playlist.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

I don't like this development if it means no John or Jade until 2012 gosh darn it I am kind of bored of scratched kids already?? Oh well, hopefully Rose and Dave don't end up in a similar predicament

FutureSushi fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Dec 12, 2011

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Reene posted:

The whole thing seems to be a parody rather than an actual serious treatment of Trolls And Kids At The Prom.

I actually take back "bland" parts of this are pretty funny. :shobon:

Yeah the joy of promstuck is that it is 100% self-aware and the shipper nonsense can be waved away by how actually cute it is?? I mean unless the shipping nonsense is enough to turn you off entirely in which case enjoy your life without a soul.

I really didn't want to like it but once I accepted the "versions" of the characters presented (which still bear a lot in common with their in-story counterparts) it is just really drat cute.

Gnome de plume posted:

On the youtubes: Quest of the Highbloods

...That's pretty much all there is to say on the matter.

My friend Hazel made that remix! As the herald to all things Brodyquest I'm so happy that it is getting all of the attention via this video

FutureSushi fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Dec 16, 2011

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Or the other thing that goes with everything.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Oh man that flash was great. I'm surprised though, I hadn't been here since before Valentine's and there was only a few new pages? You guys are slowin' down! I hope Roxy can wake up properly soon.

I'm also extra pumped to see how the fan soundtrack turns out. That's hella submissions! I hope some of the people in this thread make it through because I love everything I hear in here.

2fat4sex posted:

Around a year or so ago after the tsunami hit Japan, Andrew offered sketches for $100, with the proceeds going directly to tsunami relief. I requested a God-Tier Gamzee sketch.

Paypal eventually caught wind of this, and I guess fundraising that way is against some policy of theirs so he was forced to refund everyone. I ended up sending the $100 I gave him to the Japanese Red Cross, and let go of any expectation that I would ever see the sketch since Andrew was no longer under any obligations to send one to me.

Then, I ended up getting this in the mail today:

http://i.imgur.com/w2pKQ.jpg

THAT WAS YOU THAT REQUESTED THAT GOD loving BLESS

Tumblr went pretty much entirely insane over it. There is so much fanart of that outfit now...

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Problem Sleuth would indicate that perhaps this is a bigger problem than is immediately obvious :ohdear:

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

So is it Void powers that give you powerjumping abilities because jesus Roxy

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Radiation says replacement tracks will be free and will have the same pretty art.

god what a mess poor radiation

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Bec Noir's theme being breakcore with barks barkcore was a personal favourite of mine along with the tooth-meltingly adorable Squiddles song aww.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Mirror here.

I'm having trouble finding the last skull myself.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

I somehow completely missed the skull in the unfilled pod, what the heck. Thank you.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

tinaun posted:

Found a bug which would explain some problems:

If you don't let the balloon animation complete, the skull will never show up, making you have to restart the game. (that's what i did :saddowns:)

You know what I think that's what happened to me because I accidentally clicked away from the page and had to restart and only now did I see that.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Man between Homestuck Book 2 and the first collection of ThreeWordPhrase, TCAF is not gonna be kind on my wallet. I hope no one asks Hussie to pour Faygo into a bucket again.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

atomicthumbs posted:

Guys, I just realized something about the song Bec Noir from Universe B.

It's dogstep.

Also the art is pretty cool:

I thought it was more breakcore than dubstep which allowed me to think up "barkcore" but I'm not really feelin' like discussing genre categorization if they're both good jokes.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

I'm kind of interested in seeing how well that works - but trying to read Goonstuck really makes me wish tumblr had a general chronological display feature (rather than just per tag), or some sort of "next post" button or something. It's really bizarre that it doesn't.

If you give them all a tag, you can force a chronological view on that tag
Like here's my album reviews feature: http://futuresushi.tumblr.com/tagged/500in2012/
Now here it is chronologically http://futuresushi.tumblr.com/tagged/500in2012/chrono

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

WAR FOOT posted:

Dear God. It's going to be an even bigger clusterfuck than usual.

Oh dear. Like, before that he'll have been to TCAF twice but like... TCAF is peanuts compared to Comic-Con it's held in a drat library and he was STILL swamped with commission drawings on a several hour backlog LAST year.

This will be carnage.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

So Vriska / Tavros symbols flashing on the Condesce's head sure all hell of ominous

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Dark Grapefruit posted:

Did anyone else go to TCAF and see the oil painting of Hussie? Ryan North commissioned it, because of course he did.
Here's my lovely cell phone pic of it:

I have no doubt that this will show up in the comic somehow.

I love how it was just nonchalantly hung in The Pilot for the Topatoco pre-party before people even got there, like it was a spectre that snuck into their lives. BTW TCAF ruled. My friend didn't have any Homestuck merch at the time of it, though, so he got Hussie to emboss his copy of "All My Friends Are Dead".

Fitting, I think. Especially with the "You're welcome".

EDIT: Another gem is this video of Hussie telling you his favourite character.

FutureSushi fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 8, 2012

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Mortal Sword posted:

That's DD putting his cigarette out on the record. Just go to the next page, there's more to the update.

Also, this is already one of my favorite flashes... I just have no freaking idea how I'm gonna translate this one even halfway appropriately into print.

Thankfully, I guess, I have a long time before I have to worry about the Act 6 book.

Get the technology in singing greeting cards and put it in the book this is clearly the most vital flash soundtrack.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

MrBims posted:

Uh. Last album was last october. A single isn't an album.

The fan-music albums totally count given how much work went into them

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

From Tumblr:

quote:

according to dirks shipping equation between the twelve first trolls introduced UU and uu and meenah and aranea and the 8 kids there are

(drum role please)

a total of 276 different ships

aaaand

Jesus Christ

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Bobulus posted:

Dante Basco reading Homestuck finally pays off:

http://rufiozuko.tumblr.com/post/24055423803/dave-talkin-to-jade-sh-t-was-funny-just-felt

I haven't listened to it yet, since I'm at work, but it's apparently the guy who played Rufio and Zuko (who, as you probably know, has been reading Homestuck) voice-acting Dave in a conversation with Jade, for funsies.

I came here to post this. It's beautiful...

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Terezi talking to mind-Dirk brings interesting light to her telling Tavros not to let anyone tell him Rufio is fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Snollygoster posted:

Gigyas was the first thing I thought of when I saw the accretion disk from the black hole and the red sun.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, that made me even uneasier than the whole flash already made me.

I'M SO EXCITED FOR A PROPER THREATENING VILLAIN, GUYS.