Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
So does this mean that that throwaway furry poster of a dog-witch thing in Jade's room was actually foreshadowing? :v:

Starmaker posted:

This is my theory. Dad is the one constant across all universes.
Same--I'm guessing this new universe is basically going to mirror the troll's situation; i.e. the guardians are going to be the kids now and vice-versa. Along with that Dad will still be Dad somehow, he'll just be Nanna's dad instead. (Cue tearful God Tier John/post-scratch Dad 'reunion' where Dad says he 'feels like the son he never had'/reminds him of his old man or some similar BS)

Also this new album is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Rhinoceraptor posted:

Nobody seems to have mentioned it yet, but the caduceus is sometimes used as the symbol for Ophiuchus, the 13th Zodiac symbol.

As funny a twist as that would be, I think you're confusing the Caduceus here with the Rod of Asclepius, or the symbol of the dude who represents the Ophiuchus constellation. The Caduceus on the other hand is mostly associated with Hermes/Mercury (and sometimes medicine, because it looks so drat close to the former). I don't doubt whoever was typing on the console was a troll, though, daedric font and all.

Nate RFB posted:

So, what four letter J name will Grandpa Harley get? There can't be that many left? Jake? Joel?
John? That'd be really confusing!

On that note--as far as J's deal with Liv Tyler goes, who's to say he wasn't just getting all of his information from the pre-scratch kids via the fourth wall breakage? Let's say they bust through into this session and at some point (either directly or indirectly) influence him to make it, whether that be in his past or present or what have you. It's entirely possible he only manufactured the bunny because they told him to.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
Okay, so usually I'm pretty good at understanding this comic's weird time and plot poo poo but I have to admit, the 8-player session thing has somehow completely slipped by me. Could somebody break that down a bit? I mean, I can remember the supposed 'squiddle' session that made Alternia, and the session that happened pre-Troll ancestors that was basically doomed from the start, but can't recall where the 8-player one fits in. Or even where it was referred to previously. Was this brought up in a formspring question or actually in-story? Or is it more of a fan-theory type of deal?

I apologize in advance if this is something that's actually really obvious, it's just that this new pesterlog comes up and between the U/possible Ophiucus quirk and Karkat callback parallels I suddenly don't know what the gently caress. :psyduck:

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

The Fucky posted:

Hallway Cera? Jane's house just keeps getting more and more Arrested Development-y. I have exactly zero problems with this.
poo poo, the whole session's been littered with references. Tobias 'I Blue Myself' Funke in Jane's bedroom, Bro quoting the same character almost word-for-word with the 'shot wad/dry run' spiel, Hallway Cera, calling Scratch-John 'Poppop'. Not sure what it all means though, if anything.

Also I was under the impression that 'Brobot' was actually a robot designed to look vaguely like Bro, hence the name (and ensuing awkwardness)--you know, like a callback to Jade's Dreambot, or Equius and the Aradiabot, or something. I guess the Squarewave/Sawtooth thing makes sense though, since I can't really figure out any other reason Bro would just have this random rear end robot standing idly next to his shower.

... On second thought, I'm not sure I want to know.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

This has occurred to me in the past, but Homestuck has a pretty huge following. How likely might it be that comic book shops might actually be interested in carrying volumes of Homestuck? Do webcomics in book form tend to be sold in places like that?

I was just thinking about this. I'm not at all sure of the likelihood really, all I know is that I'd kill to get some copies of Hussie's works at a place like Powell's or something. Barnes and Noble seems like more of a stretch for some reason--I have seen them carrying Penny Arcade and Megatokyo books at one point or another though, so who knows?

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
Err, this is what I got from it: During every session of Sburb a frog is made by the players, containing the universe that they eventually enter at the end of the game. Karkat makes the troll session's universe frog (Bilious Slick). As the trolls never considered a reset, that universe lived on to become host to the kids' session - they were just barred from entering and whatnot. Fast forward however many years, Bec Noir poisons their universe/frog with red miles. John and co. escape the poisoned universe via the fourth wall with their Sburb lands and their battlefield but nothing else. The scratch technically takes their universe (or what's left of it anyway) out, hence the frog containing it (Bilious Slick) dies. The post-scratch universe, meanwhile, is taking place in an entirely different frog. I think. Rather, if it's still called Bilious Slick then this would be a new incarnation unaffected by red miles, in the same vein that pre-scratch Mom is not post-scratch Mom and etc etc.

Short version: Frog = Universe, Bilious Slick = Kid's universe (which has just been scratched), Post-scratch universe =/= Bilious Slick.

Now, whether or not the post-scratch universe is the same one the kids would have made normally or if it's just a completely seperate entity, I'm not sure. I'm banking on the latter though, since CD's barbasol bomb knocked Jade's frog straight into the forge.

... drat, this comic is complicated.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
Promstuck is actually pretty funny once you get past the whole 'alternate universe where everyone goes to school together!!' fanfic nonsense. It's relatively self-aware with it's shipper BS and is honestly rather decent characterization-wise (aside from the shipping stuff obviously). I enjoyed it more than the Highbloods thing anyway, but that could just be because anything with the music from Brodyquest that isn't Brodyquest feels weird to me. Anyway, it helps if you read it less in the context of 'this is a fan adventure of Homestuck' and more 'this is a fan adventure of what the fanbase thinks Homestuck canon is/should be'.

Also, moving again? Sheesh, poor guy. I'm hoping it was for unrelated reasons to the fanbase, but considering the way his ladyfriend announced it... :v: Seems unlikely. Hell, I didn't even know finding GPS coordinates through video was possible. Make that one more educational/potentially horrifying thing I have learned via fandom!

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
Obviously the real 'final guest' will be UU, 'the 13th troll', due to time/space shenanigans. :v:

Level Slide posted:

Feferi could fill Jane in on what a Life god tier does and how her mom is Jane's grandmother.

I doubt she's the person Rose was referring to, although now that you mention it I could definitely see her coming back in more of a sprite-based capacity. If Jade could use her stuffed dreamself (and John could use Nanna's ashes) then who's to say no one will think to use the leftover trolls for prototyping? Hell, the potential gold to be found in Jake's being 'guided' by Vriskasprite alone would be totally worth it.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
Not to totally undermine the current topic (definitely think it's important, just don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said more eloquently), but this kind of got lost in the last page or so:

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I felt like making something more soothing, and this happened.

It still doesn't have a name, and I can't really think of one at the moment. I should mention it's based on Feferi though.

I actually really like where this is going! I kind of see the Feferi connection; sounds a bit like certain underwater themes with more of a melancholic tone.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
A few pages late, but

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I... think this is done? I'm not sure. I still have a few weeks to work on it but I don't really know where else to go with it.

Edit: Changed the link to a more up to date one.

Edit2: I don't know why I did this

Love both of these. Particularly the 8-bit one, though that's probably just my personal tastes talking.

God Tier Karkat is probably just a dead one who managed to ascend from a beta timeline. The dead eyes, the fact he's with Nepeta. Calls back to the whole Vriska/Beta John meetup. ... Unless of course this is Alpha Karkat after the fact, and the reason his land is mashed with Nepeta's is because he prototyped her to get into the post-scratch Medium, and the Nepeta we're seeing isn't his sprite, but the 'alpha' one. :tinfoil: Yeah I seriously doubt most of that but it is Homestuck after all. I just hope we get to find out how he got the tiger either way, beta or no.

fakeedit: Occasionally I check the wiki after an update to see what people throw in there and apparently this page exists. Only this comic, man.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
You know it seems obvious now but I actually never thought of it that way. Like we all think Karkat is overreacting initially but just imagine trying to communicate with your younger self, with all the knowledge and foresight you have now. I'd probably strangle me, personally.

YggiDee posted:

Is there anyone whose worst enemy isn't their own past selves?

Well there was that alien scammer dude from Bender's Big Score--if I recall correctly, he decides to hook up with his past self instead.

As far as Dirk's 'plan' goes, I'm personally hoping for the meetup to be a callback to the disastrous Vriska/Tavros one. Or hell, maybe even that part in Hivebent where Equius gives Aradia her robo-body and she tears her own heart out. Not like that hasn't been ironically alluded to at any point in time.

Dolash posted:

homestuck nostalgia etc.

I'd only started reading/caught up with homestuck shortly before Seer: Descend, although I do remember following maybe one of the earliest fans of it back when it first started up on DeviantArt. Had no idea the person was drawing fanart; I just figured the gray kid with the cancer symbol on his shirt was an OC or something. I want to say they started the first 'club' for it on the site, too. Jesus! Seems like it was ages ago.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Tollymain posted:

So I got linked by a friend to this entry to the music contest. I have to say it's about twenty times better than the thing that was on that Ancestors album.

This would make the greatest final boss theme -- I can already picture the strife page for it. The artist's other stuff isn't half bad, either.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
The imageboard seems to have settled on 'Nerd Mindfang'. :psyduck: Is it the glasses?

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
So I know everyone's leaning toward some combination of Mindfang/Pre-Scratch Mindfang/Aged-Up Dead Vriska but here's a thought: What if this is the Beta Vriska that went up against Jack Noir? We never found out what happened to her, and three years of doomed-ness could plausibly bring about an interest in fashio okay no this is stupid.

Starmaker posted:

I think UU is in a completely different universe from the others so far, even if it does seem a bit odd to see the end of the universe the kids haven't even created yet.

Up until now I figured she was in the universe the post-scratch kids help to create (hence why she reveres them as gods and stuff), but with the advent of this Maybe Possibly Mindfang thing I really don't know anymore. I will say though, if she is pre-scratch Mindfang then I am definitely looking forward to seeing the bizarro versions of the other ancestors. It's something fun to think about amongst all the jack-poo poo knowing, anyway. Just imagine how laid-back their Karkat is :allears:

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
^^^^ God, this is so true. I kept wondering why these updates bothered me so much until I realized it was like looking at my pre-to-teenage self through a mirror. Every awkward moment, every missed opportunity wrought by my own hand. The gently caress-up pile doesn't stop from getting taller, so to speak :smithicide:

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Black Mage Knight posted:

Today just isn't Jane's day.

To be fair, John didn't fare much better. Not only did his version of Dad die but he also bit it on three separate occasions, all apparently within a span of 24 hours--on his birthday, no less.

Edit: Aw nuts, I totally missed the askbox being open :sigh: Was going to ask about the remaining 36 (35, if we're counting UU) troll signs. I mean they probably won't be relevant ever, but still. I'm a sucker for the little things. This includes explanations for the various classes and aspects.

Blood Nightmaster fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Feb 22, 2012

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Hussie posted:

Impatience among some generates toxicity over time, like they’re gradually, unwittingly developing a grudge against the story because of the pace they’re forced to read at. This then warps everything they see. As if a tainted a witness. If they crave swift advancement, then pages that do not accomplish this adequately like gags or character developing interactions become like personal affronts to them. Good material is like a slap in the face. And the irony is, the more they like the story, the more toxic the attitude can get, because they badly want to see it get somewhere fast, and they can feel let down or like the work is in decline because they’re forced to sit through its responsible, judicious development in realtime. But this is an almost nonexistent phenomenon with archival reading, which lends itself to a little more detachment and reservation as one cruises through the material at the speed of reading. Judgments are formed less at the atomic level of the story’s building blocks, a bit more holistically, and individual developments are never agonized over. They may ultimately not love the story, but at least the resentment complex that can fester in the space of the serial drip never had a chance to skew the result.

I know he's said this before, but I really wish more people got it. I cannot tell you how many 'fans' I've run into who say they pretty much hate the story and the author now but continue to read anyway, and this would be why. The only reason he keeps having to reinstate this like a broken record is because they're all still reading and they are all still totally self-righteous about it; like they're doing the world a service or something when nobody honestly cares but them. I mean there's a difference between 'I keep watching this even though it's terrible because I want to see how it ends' and 'I keep watching this because I feel an unnecessary obligation to do so and will continue to complain about it every step of the way'. These types of people fall into the latter category.

Not to mention the gap between plot developments inspires so much fic and fanart that it's entirely possible for some of them to actually care more about the fan-content or their own headcanon, which they in turn end up mistaking for the story in the interim and subsequently get pissed off by when everything doesn't line up. Or as also demonstrated, sometimes when the story does match up with what they want, they feel like they're being mocked or something, as in the Dirk and Jake case. Like everything up until (x) moment in the story was specifically orchestrated by Hussie to be everything but a story they're capable of enjoying. In the end it's all just an idea they don't really care for unless it's specifically crafted both a) to their interests and b) by their own design. In other words, whatever it is they do like, it sure isn't Homestuck.

tl;dr: Entitled people suck, entitled fans of popular media even moreso.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is she on the art team? Cause drat.

I don't think so; she is pretty popular in the fanartist community though. As a side note, whoever ran that tacky 'critique' blog centered specifically on her artwork a while back must be all kinds of pissed right now. :v: I'd go look it up but a) this isn't the Fandom Lunacy thread and b) I'm not in the mood to hate life right now.

Bongo Bill posted:

Perhaps it's some sort of gravity shenanigan. Further hinting that something really strange is going on with Dirk and Roxy's living situation.

Frankly, with the way Jake lives on an island full of Alternian monsters, it makes me wonder if Jane is the one with the unusual residence. Could be she's living in a sort of sheltered environment where she can't see the effect that the Batterwitch has had on the earth. Not the past, but a controlled simulation thereof. Jake wouldn't know, she wouldn't have believed Roxy (and we don't know what it is she didn't believe), and Dirk would just let it be 'cause he knows she'll come around.

You know at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Jane was really being sheltered in some pseudo-reality, being the heiress and all. A Truman Show/The Village type of thing, if you will. I mean let's think about this: she's already experienced multiple 'assassination attempts' in the past. We've speculated that those could be staged by the Condesce, but what if they're all deliberately non-lethal (well, for the most part) and just in place to scare her, like Roxy's did? The CrockerCorp tech has been feeding her all kinds of disturbing messages for god knows how long, so even when she isn't wearing the tiaratop or what have you, that stuff is still engrained in her psyche-- and if the outside world looks fine, why bother leaving the house? Why question any of it? She's OBEYing and CONSUME-ing like a good girl.

... Good god, she's literally living in the Matrix.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

VJeff posted:

I had no idea how much I missed Karkat yelling at himself.

"I HEAR YOU MAN." :allears:

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Strongylocentrotus posted:

Didn't the Suffer's relationship with the Disciple "transcend the quadrants" or some BS like that? Sounds like Karkat's aiming for the same thing with Terezi, and Terezi's not entirely on board with the idea.

I was just about to post this--sounds like it's another sort of ancestor call-back. Although with the Sufferer and Disciple I kind of took that 'transcending' line less to mean 'they're in all four quadrants simultaneously!' and more to mean that they realized just how bullshit the idea of quadrants was and didn't subscribe to it. I think in trying to force the former in some hasty troll romcom ideal, Karkat might just come to the same conclusion they did. Basically, dude needs to stop compartmentalizing poo poo like a spergy teenager; otherwise it's going to be a long three years for him.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

JamJars posted:

Good lord this has been a productive week for the fandom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksdhHUGeDAA

The best part about this is the 'GET A TUMBLR, CRY DEEPLY' bit.

re: Dolash-- you know now that you mention it, I legitimately don't recall anything about cats on shoulders, and I've been following the fandom for a while. Maybe it's half a fandom thing and half a 'following anything this dude ever does or says anywhere on the internet' thing. For example, I didn't have a clue about the fancy santa or Muppet Saw comics when the references to them first came up.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
I get the feeling Davesprite will probably develop similarly to how the autoresponder did: 'basically loving [Dave]', but different. On one hand he's probably glad he doesn't have to deal with issues of mortality anymore or being a gross complicated teenager like the others, like the AR. On the other hand, having to deal with the fact you're not 'the real one' to your buddies might give a dude a more cynical/jaded approach to life--the AR expressed genuine (well, as genuine as an AI can be) distress at his emotions not being considered 'real' by Jake, and even though John's made a point to call Davesprite just Dave now it's pretty clear there's still a barrier there.

What I'm saying is he's basically gonna be a wisecracking, transdimensional Peter Pan with bird parts by the time he meets up with his god-tier counterpart.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Bobulus posted:

Also, do we think that's her name, or a ridiculously long acronym?

Probably her name--'Mina' apparently means 'fish' in Sanskrit. Puns forever!

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
I think this may finally be the one time in Homestuck where I actually understand everything that's being said and a protagonist doesn't. :psyduck:

Also, Aranea = spider/spider's web in latin. I'm guessing most of the A1 trolls will have really literally translated names, if both Meenah and Teen Mindfang here are anything to go by.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

GloriousDemon posted:

>Hussie: Get killed by Lord English.

Lord English can't kill you. Because you were dead all along.
We are all completely blown away by this stunning revelation.
Wow. Dead. Really? Like a ghost?

Huh.

Well his eyes have been conspicuously blank since the very beginning :v: (or should I say :ghost:)

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
Ahahaha oh my god. So I'm sitting here and not ten seconds into Bronze Page, all I can think is "Wow, this song is way too hardcore for Tavros". And then the singing portion starts. :allears: Between this album and the Death-Of-The-Author-update, my day has officially been made.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
I don't blame Hussie's GF for the way she answers stuff, since the fanbase can be really abrasive and short with her for little to no reason outside of some overblown sense of entitlement. Wives and girlfriends of actual celebrities tend to get similar treatment in any fandom--the dude is propelled to idol status and their partner is either not good enough for them or is just 'in the way' of things (mostly fangirls). It's not fair but it's pretty common. Softowl is unique in that she tends to try and play damage control in lieu of Hussie's typical troll responses, but she really shouldn't have to. Such is the fate of the internet celebrity, I guess. You're notable enough to have a decent-sized fanbase, but not popular enough to warrant a publicist or an actual barrier from the crazies.

re: inside references and archival reading, I never got the wolf thing at the time but the oddness of it became funny to me; same with Gamzee's hero/murder mode. Hell, up until that point I had no idea what hero mode even was! I just figured the guy was blurred out all the time because he was kind of a weirdo. I wouldn't say it spoiled the comic for me or anything though--If anything the self-referential humor that people don't get just ends up becoming the absurdist/non sequitur kind.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
I just poked around the Homestuck last.fm page out of curiosity and the comments re: the fanalbum are pretty rich-- One person is actually pissed because the Vriska themes were not badass enough/had little to no electric guitar. :psyduck: This thread has spoiled me.

Now that I think about it though, Cobalt Thief's intro is sort of giving me a Miyazaki-ish vibe. Not that that's bad or anything, just an observation. Both Iron Infidel and Your Universe are still giving me chills as well.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
Ughhhh. I have always been poo poo at games like Myst so this flash was especially difficult for me :( I can't even imagine going through this thing and not having a forum or something to consult for help. Sweet ending, though!

Oh god Jake is totally dead now isn't he

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
So wait--at the end of my playthrough (is that even an accurate thing to say?) I had like one spare skull left that didn't fit into any of the slots. Was that supposed to be used for something else and I missed it or was it just an extra random thing? I'd go play it again but one time of bumbling around with those lanterns and poo poo was more than enough for me.

Wow that is a lot of spoilertext. Anyway, really excited to see the other kid's lands now. I can't say I'm hoping for another walk-around flash (at least not like this one), but land reveals are always a pretty fun thing.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Daius posted:

I find the comparisons to Myst pretty funny considering the huge gap in difficulty between the two, coupled with the fact that so many people needed walkthroughs just to complete this. Buddy, if you couldn't puzzle out the stuff in this then Myst would kick you in the groin and push you down a flight of stairs in the same amount of time.

Adventure games in my day... :corsair:

Yeeah, I mean now that I'm looking at it a day after the fact, it's hardly comparable to even the kind of crap you'd find in LucasArts games. (I'm looking at you, Curse of Monkey Island quicksand puzzle :argh:)

I'll be honest though; I just put the cake down because I figured it was the last thing Jane needed in her inventory, not because I knew the scarabs would eat it. You can tell I'm really good at this kind of thing :downs:

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
Eh, the weird sound in Rain never put me on edge--I don't tend to have my music up as loud as most though, so that could be a factor. I wonder if he was going for something more along the lines of the virtual barbershop thing that was making the internet rounds a while back and somewhat missed the mark. Seems like he meant for it to freak people out though, so mission accomplished I guess v:v:v

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Cavatica posted:

So I had a few random questions after this flash.

Regarding the million-year history for the consorts, they seemed aware of both Jake's dreamself dying and Jane's revival. So they were still alive while Jane and Dirk's dreamselves were awake and cognizant. I'm also willing to bet that Dirk's planet will have scripture detailing his uprising from [S] Prince of Heart: Rise up.

It has me wonder more and more whether the planets exist or not prior to entry. If they do exist, is there technically anything stopping the dreamselves from wandering around the rest of the medium? Sollux's dreamself flew all the way back to his planet, but that was only after he entered.

If the planets don't exist, then I guess every little detail comes in preloaded from Skaia. But then it makes me wonder if that limits the progress you can make within the game. Can Jane not proceed to her second gate without making sure that the next player is in the game?
You know given the nature of this comic I wouldn't be surprised if, despite each world technically being 'created' upon entry, they've still existed for years in their own little pocket of spacetime. Think dreambubbles or Lord English's 'already here' schtick.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
Hah! For a split second I thought the music was from Earthworm Jim's hell level. (Actually that might be better suited here, considering the content of those 'potions' :gonk:)

Re: the 'Gamzee went God Tier off-screen during the troll session' theory, I remember reading somewhere ages ago that there was a panel of him chilling with imps in his land and there being something vaguely quest bed-shaped in the background. Just looked like tents to me, but maybe it was intentional. Can't find the panel in question for the life of me, though.

vvv Ahh yeah, that's the page. Didn't even think about what the troll quest beds looked like though. On second thought, I kind of prefer the idea that he drowned (or I guess in this case 'overdosed') in his own quest recuperacoon and just stumbled rear end-backwards into ascension. Far more fitting of his character, really.

Blood Nightmaster fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Apr 17, 2012

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
I don't really have any rationale for this but I imagine troll blood to taste a bit like corn syrup with food coloring--or maybe like one of those horrifically over-sweetened dollar store 'bug juice' affairs that are essentially liquid sugar. So basically the same thing I guess!

Knowing this fanbase, though, I would honestly not be surprised if somebody has a troll blood 'recipe' up on the Betty Crocker webpage within the next week or so.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Siemens posted:

I love how this is both the best and worst thing simultaneously.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Thundarr posted:

The two halves of Tavrisprite will recognize Jane as being a horrible amalgamation of John and Jade (which is kind of true, if backwards). So the match-up at least has that going for it.

Wait, wait, wait. Vriska had a thing for John. Tavros had a thing for Jade.

Oh god :gonk:

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
I remember when Snowman rolled around in the Midnight Crew intermission and the narrative said killing her would destroy the universe, I just took it as a joke about her beauty or something. I guess what I'm saying is that almost every joke in this comic seems to function both as a joke and as an actual plot device until 'proven'/deliberately stated otherwise. Of course when you take it too far you get straw-graspy poo poo like the troll blood coffee debacle, but honestly--who's to say that was any weirder a theory than the Roxy-and-Dirk in-the-future one (which actually turned out to be true)?

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
I always figured the autoresponder would get prototyped at some point. It'd be interesting if he got merged with a human/troll/otherwise 'organic' character, if only for this line to come back and bite him in the rear end:

"AR posted:

TT: As ever, I remain an automatonous and dispassionate witness of the oddity that is human interaction, while maintaining no investment in either outcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Mystic Mongol posted:

uu: OH LOOK. THIS MAN IS NOT WHAT HE APPEARS TO BE. OR IS HE? NO HE'S GLASSES.
uu: THE MYSTERY IS SOLVED. WHO GIVES A gently caress.

uu understands the situation just fine.

You know with each of uu's pesterlogs he's sounding more and more like Karkat, to the point that the above theory of the latter loving up his ectobiology session and creating both (?) of them almost makes sense. Maybe being an unwaveringly arrogant dumbass about time shenanigans just runs in the family. Doesn't really explain UU, though.

Hey, here's a thought--what if in trying to make himself a regular limeblooded troll, he tried to fuse his blood color with the closest one to it (Nepeta) and came up with this monstrosity: half insecure rear end in a top hat, half blitheringly optimistic shipper, and all terrible.