Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Size: 413.7 MB, for the 320kbps MP3 version. :stare:
What's in there? Commentary like for the Jailbreak album?
42 tracks total, 2MB PNG cover art for each.

The last track is... odd. :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Some Strange Flea posted:

There's four bonus tracks as well though!

Also I got a track called null that was just around 8 seconds of silence so it could also have been that!
That's the one I meant. And it's not silent. Just very quiet. :ssh:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

SpaceDrake posted:

Which is why I don't think we'll be returning to her and John, in terms of direct narrative, for a while. She's so drat powerful that she's going to be hard to write as a direct character now.
I got this vibe as well. Not necessarily that the next act will be a new set of kids, but that she and John may be ducking out of the story for a long while and running around the new universe or wherever they went, then returning at some important moment.

Hopefully Lord English wasn't on any of those worlds Jade just took to parts unknown.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Prison Warden posted:

SO the Gristwidgit looks like it'll be really useful in the medium, as does the recipe modus.
So that's what they needed all those boonbucks for!

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
In previous acts, I wondered why everyone felt Karkat was so hilarious that they'd keep him around as leader just to watch and laugh.

Now I understand. :allears:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
She kinda reminds me of Hank/Dean Venture.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Cyrai posted:

As much as this can be derailed, I'm not sure I can agree with this position. Issues like racism, even if this is not racism, are things that can crop up in a huge variety of places that involve every level of society. Those sorts of issues are fixed by confronting them wherever they pop up, not by taking them to a separate forum.
It's strange going from the general Web comics thread, where discussion the past few days has centered on how it is okay for someone dealing with depression to simply be creative from his own perspective, for his own reasons, and not have to be a standard-bearer for all possible advocacy and treatment, to this thread, where a guy writing a story about kids blowing up frog-worlds must, after 6000 pages, "check his privilege" and start portraying real-world cultures and ethnicities in a sensitive and balanced manner.

FronzelNeekburm fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jan 17, 2012

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Walliard posted:

Everything since the Scratch segment ended is specifically set to the default theme - this is the same reason why you can't view the Scratch pages in SBaHJ mode.
A shame. I was hoping to try the Scratch theme on the current pages, since I find the light pastel colors on light gray difficult to read.

Sure helped make AR my new favorite character in a hurry, though.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

dumb brunette posted:

Jesus christ, why does someone pointing that out offend these people.
Tumblr is basically all about being offended, like that whole racism flap a month ago.

Cabbit posted:

Leading up to the climatic chapter 7, "Jack Kills Every Tinkerbull."
N-nooooo :ohdear:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Roxy is going to prototype all of the kittens. All of them. Her sprite will be a million kittens.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Welp, got my boonbuck, and now the text box is in the way of the clickable part of the dialog box, so I guess I'm doing this one all over again!

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

PikaPuff posted:

I just assumed space is gigantic. Imagine a chess board. Each square is a different universe. B1 didn't get overwritten as B2. B2 is just way over there. And A2 and B1 got used to make the green sun. If they were overwritten, are you saying A1 was and B2 will be used to make the green sun?
There's also that fact that John and Jade are spending three years traveling to... wherever they're headed. If they're going to end up in B2 in the same Bilious Slick, wouldn't it have made more sense to just pop outside of the Universe, then immediately back in once it was done rewriting itself?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Somethin' just ain't right about that boy.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
I feel exceedingly stupid now for not realizing Hussie's ring was that kind of ring.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

pumpinglemma posted:

Every book would ship with a few pages omitted, and a few more randomly rearranged. The spine would snap in two when the book was first opened. The pages would not lie flat against each other, and in the few places they touched they would be carefully stuck together with a mixture of superglue and urine.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Starmaker posted:

I find UU fascinating because we just know so little about her.
Gotta say, I agree with the people expressing frustration, mainly because they're just yet another set of kids to keep track of, and the longer UU/uu don't really get fleshed out, the more time they eat up in the story that could be spent, say, having that treehouse makeout session or actually getting the characters we know and like into B2. I've had shades of the same feelings about the B2 kids, and they actually get screen time.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Lord of Laughton posted:

The shout out to Nepetaquest was great. But I really need more updates stat. Representatives from A1/A2/B1/B2 all together... all that's missing is uu/UU.
Everyone's finally together to talk about stuff! Which means it's time for them to pass through the dream bubble, and we'll be back to Jane walking around or something.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
This pun pile is a thing of beauty. How long can Hussie keep it up? :allears:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
I guess that pretty much confirms Brain-Dirk was telling the truth about himself.

I'm not sure if that's more comforting or disturbing than whatever other bizarre explanation there might be for his existence.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Huzzah, perhaps we'll finally see what That Thing is.

Also, if Jake has to un-shrink the battleship, I suspect Hussie won't be able to avoid an Innerspace reference.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

quote:

DAVE: weird
DAVE: why would these alt universe players gently caress up in such an obvious and stupid way
The mystery unravels.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Usually the albums are a mix of songs I like, songs that are okay, and songs I skip over, but I'm over halfway through this one and am quite impressed. Especially liking the occasional real instrumental performances.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Slime posted:

Interesting. All the humans have 4 letter names, the trolls have 6 letter names, and Calliope is 8 letters. So is Calmasis.
So what does this tell us about the 48-player Squiddle session?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
And Dave becomes Jane.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Color Printer posted:

And here's something silly I've been thinking about : Bilious Slick is pretty much dead, for the most part. Dead things are perfect for prototyping.
You think you will keep conversations with Slicksprite to a minimum from now on.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Tollymain posted:

I didn't know subtext could get that small :stare:
That's the Homestuck fandom for you! :v:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Supercar Gautier posted:

Maybe he signed a lucrative product placement deal.
Can't wait to see salamanders (with "NAK NAK NAK" voice boxes) next to Domo-kun at Target.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Midnight Raider posted:

But going beyond that, I figured they might actually be universal items that can be used by anyone, just that anyone but a time player using them would usually result in unmitigated timeline disasters given they lack the innate instincts and powers for it. (Which would lead me to believe that Gamzee might be a case of "pulls it off properly only due to fool's luck". Which also works as a jester pun you see. :haw:)
Given Gamzee's previous meddling in the B universe, I'm not sure we can say yet that he actually "pulls off" anything resembling a success.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

At the current rate the Homestuck kick starter will make 30,580,260 dollars by the deadline in 29 days. What's that you say? Didn't hear the first time? Let me repeat that for you: Thirty million five hundred eighty thousand two hundred sixty dollars.
Courtesy of the creator of Perry Bible Fellowship:
Help erase the national debt of the USA

quote:

NOTE: KICKSTARTER HAS A MAXIMUM GOAL OF $21,474,836.47.
THIS IS NOT MY GOAL. THE GOAL IS 15 TRILL.

Also, the biggest Kickstarters to date appear to be some kind of Bluetooth watch ($10 million) and a Linux game console ($8 million).

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

KoB posted:

I like to think that the kids are such a high level that they just dont aggro anymore, like in some MMOs.
Yeah, the imps certainly haven't been much of a bother in a while.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Bobulus posted:

Homestuck USB stick? That would be weird. Would...would it be rewritable?
If you try to put it in upside down by mistake, it erases everything on the drive. Also every other copy of those documents on your computer.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
I haven't used Photoshop for GIFs in ages, but I think you need to turn off the visibility of all the layers you don't want for each of the frames.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
A trip to the museum. The museum of carnage.

Suggested donation: $4. Please do not touch the exhibits.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Jack, you are a dog. Your strife specibus doesn't even fit.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
It's kinda hard to tell from just a few frames, but as fired up as John is right now, Jack just seems... distracted.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
And for $2.5 mil: "Digital copy of Homestuck included with physical game"

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Regy Rusty posted:

You could also interpret "the world" in a more abstract sense to mean "all of existence" and it still kind of describes what the characters are trying to do now.
It doesn't help that Homestuck has a really vague interpretation of space in general. There's the kids' planet, then Skaia, which is... elsewhere, and if you're a bored omnipotent villain, you can just kinda fly out of the Universe entirely.

Another way of looking at that description is that it's not really clear what's supposed to happen in Sburb. Maybe the game starts with Caliborn and ends with Act 7, maybe there are millions of other sessions out there who just win normally, start a new universe, and keep on truckin'.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
"Who's this fleabag?"

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Rhinoceraptor posted:

Vriska is totally going to ghost-die before John sees her again.
John is going to die (of course he will), and he will meet Vriska in a dream bubble. And then Lord English will kill both of their ghosts. fedorafreak cements his place as fourth B1 hero to join the combined Universe B Team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Mister Gutsy posted:

Also, even if you can read Japanese Damara's google translate poo poo is hard to decipher. "いいえクソ方法" :japan: She's great, though.
Yeah, the Japanese readers are going to be so confused if this ever gets translated.

She kinda seems like the odd one out in this group of Tumblr rejects, though. Like Horrus just being a gag version of Equius.