Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
I just want to find out who Lord English is, drat.

I mean, I'm going to be kind of underwhelmed if he's a completely new character, what with all the "he is already here" stuff. I don't think he's going to be a random pseudo-lovecraftian monster because it would make the horrorterrors look like total redundant chumps in comparison.

Personally I think it's going to have something to do with Wayward Vagabond, the ring, the piece of uranium he ate, some time fuckery, and the green sun.

Or Vriska. It's Vriskas all the way down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Oh God Wayward Vagabond. Goodnight, sweet mayor.

Jade becoming a goddamn god-tier first guardian dreamself sprite was probably about the most amazing thing that could have happened. She's powerful enough to just kind of forget Bec Noir, now. Leave the old murderer dog to the newer, madder, mail-delivery dog.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

I just noticed that PM brought WV's body with her to the troll's universe.

The implications of this have given me some intense hope that I'm sure is going to be crushed because I am a baby and baby hope needs crushing.

Oh god, Mr. Mayor. Come back. :(

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Those versed in Morse code: Did Serenity say anything interesting in this update or was it all just blinky firefly gobbledygook? I wanna know what the bug thinks of the assassination of Can Town's greatest mayor.

Wait, why would PM bring WV's body to the Troll session, anyway?

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

I still say there's room for Lord English to be Wayward Vagabond.

He's going to be brought back with PM's or Jack's ring or something and become the monster he's had nightmares of turning into. Or maybe a hero. Maybe he'll find a way to gain even more ridiculous power after that, too. I just can't see his role in the story as finished. It would feel so pointless. The dream sequences, the inner monologues, his tagalong session with John...that poo poo was done in a way that felt different from the other Exiles. It was building to something, and while aggressive hand-to-hand bowel-obstruction surgery might be a part of it, I don't think that's where it's going to end. The fact that PM brought his body with her into the Troll session shows us that we're not quite done here.

The "GIRL. YOU THERE, GIRL." stuff from the banner is in his communication style, too.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Easy mode: [S]Jack: Ascend. The opening vocals still give me the chills, and it doesn't hurt that Black is my favorite song in the whole MSPA discography. This was about the point where I knew that poo poo was going to get so much more complicated and dire than I had ever suspected previously. It's loving glorious.

Hard mode: Rose: Proceed through door uneventfully. Ahahahahahah! Rose's expression. The prankster's gambit. The loving salamander flipping out. He is simply the best there is.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

As soon as English started playing I flipped the gently caress out so hard that I am now in stable orbit around Jupiter.

Jesus DICK, dudes. We have our final boss.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

So what do you guys think would happen if John rolled all 8s when he hit something with his Pop-O-Matic Vrillyhoo hammer?

Would we get a human Ancestral Awakening, akin to Vriska's perfect roll? Massive insta-death damage? Vriska resurrection? Monster Howie Mandell peeing into a foe's juice container?

Side note: I love how over the course of the comic we've gone from chess, to cards, to pool. If there is somehow another game motif that arises and dominates the comic I hope it's that dumb horse-racing-with-pegs thing.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Baseless speculation post!

This page and Hussie's recent tumblr about how LE may lack Scratch's omniscience are making me wonder if Scratch is going to attempt to play English for a sucker at some point. I mean, if a horrible demon from the future appeared in front of me and said that one day I'd have to die in order for him to burst out of my body and chill with all the ladies as a time-travelling pimp, and that any attempt to change that would result in failure/a doomed timeline where everything dies, I'd probably be a little pissed. Especially if my omniscience told me that yes, it's inevitable.

Hussie has told us that Scratch and English are two separate entities with similar aspects. We know that English goes back in time in order to work alongside/enslave/seed? Scratch. We know that English reshaped Troll society with the aid of his servants, and was rarely seen by outsiders. We do not know if English possesses Scratch's memories or if he knows what Scratch is thinking at any given point in time.

It's a huge long-shot, and it almost certainly won't happen, but I could see a resentful Scratch betraying his predestined murderer in a hilariously complicated time travelling coup, perhaps leading to English's demise in Alternia's past. How weird would it be, getting revenge on your killer in the past, before you die, after he's killed you in the future?

I hate time travel.

Maybe the new "He is already here" is going to be "He has already lost."

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Maybe when Jade breaks through the window she'll prototype a kernel with the mini battlefield, making every enemy in the game into a potential new universe, and also completely loving over any desire of the black kingdom to even be involved in this flagrant bullshit conflict in the slightest.

Also she prototypes another sprite with LOFAF, so each enemy is also a forge. gently caress yes.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

So has anyone suggested that THE WOLF Is Bec Noir after travelling billions of years in the furthest ring, killing so many Squiddles before being killed by Lord English yet?

Because it totally is.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Slime posted:

Dave dreams about Cal because he's pretty scared of him. Dirk dreams about Cal because he thinks Cal is loving awesome.

No wonder Dirk has a crush on Jake English.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

My guess is that Gcat was mostly there for Jaspers/Cloning shenanigans, and, being a cat, decided to be an rear end in a top hat to the only human in the vicinity.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Man, I really like the way Hussie designs villains. From Jack Noir's cartoony but menacing vibe to the Condesce's crazy hair and evil bathing beauty motif to Scratch's blank slate with that cool little hint of green in his bow-tie. Lord English though, holy poo poo, I love everything about how he's been depicted. Maybe it's because, to me at least (Anecdotal evidence alert!), it seems there's been a lack of nasty, brutish mastermind villains in popular culture as of late. Main antagonists these days tend to be either spindly psycho types or well-groomed, always-composed assholes.

It's just refreshing to see a huge green dude with a peg-leg and a gold tooth who has crazy alternating color patterns and flashing billiard ball-eyes pulling the strings while smashing poo poo with his green sun pimp-cane. Lord English is cool, guys. So cool.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Holy poo poo. I'm going to need an avatar of English on this page, ASAP.

I'm really confused at English's place in the narrative right now. In fact, I'm starting to doubt he'll ever come in contact with any of the kids or trolls at all, and instead is going to have all his story threads wrapped up in the Hussieverse, with Slick being the one to put him down. This would leave the Condesce as the final challenge for the strip's main characters.

I'm a little apprehensive about the comic going down that route. I like stories where the heroes actually meet the goddamn main antagonist. Of course, I'm probably just being super paranoid, and MSPA is about to become THE ENGLISH SHOW (Oh god please).

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

A collection of many different types of troll blood.

This thing.

The implications of being a Maid of Life.

Creation myths and time-shenanigans are a thing in Homestuck.

loving HMMMMMM.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

If Jane can have the CrockerCorp subliminal messages in her computing devices, then I can see Jake having something similar going on with his English tech. Perhaps the mental Dirkcsimile is a result of that? Some ultra-complicated plan to drive Jake insane by degrees until he turns into Skull-Pimp-Hulk-Billy Pilgrim? I don't loving know.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Dark Grapefruit posted:

If I'm ever feeling down, and I need some motivation, all I have to do is put on Heir Conditioning and turn the volume way up.

I really, really, really want Heir Conditioning to wind up in a flash. John needs a great, defining Strife animation and that's the song to use for it. It's incredible.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Valex posted:

I legitimately forgot the plot to this comic, what should I do now

Get people to summarize it for you in one sentence:

"In this tale; a group of children play a game with far-reaching consequences, and deal with the idea that power-gamers ruin things for everyone, including the story's author."

"Power-gamers ruin everything."

"Some videogame cheaters poo poo on a storybook."

"[Fifteen paragraphs of time paradox bullshit with vague nods to authorial intent.]"

"At least two frogs die."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

What I got from this is that the superweapon Vriska had was just the door the Alpha/Beta/Main kids were about to open, pointed directly at Lord English, and John absolutely kicked his rear end.

I'm okay with that.