Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
Just noticed this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Mazerunner posted:

Umm, sorry I'm not sure what you're getting at? It's PM in the ship, she's leaving for the Battlefield to get the White King's staff I think.

quote:

You'll have to remember to deliver it later, somehow.
(the ring)

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
Protozoan first guardian?

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

gowb posted:

To be honest, I skimmed a lot of the more boring stuff like the rap battles and the longer chatlogs. They didn't really add anything, weren't funny, and dragged on far too long. With the revelation that this is basically a first draft, they are forgivable. I realize ya'll had this discussion a bunch of pages ago so I don't want to rehash it too much.

I slept though! I mostly just read during work, which is a student job that involves nothing more than sitting around and scanning people's student IDs every now and then. And at home, confusing my girlfriend with the epic video game music that came from my corner every now and then.

I'm reading Andrew Hussie's explanation of the end movie now, and wow, everything I thought was completely wrong. I think that is a big weakness of this story. While rewarding, it would have been impossible to understand without this summary. I do not think it is good to "trick" your audience like that. I do not think it is good at all. But again to be fair, this is an unfinished first draft, so I can't be too harsh. It is also entertaining, regardless of whether it is comprehensible or not. And I guess that's all I have to say about that.

It was all completely understandable if you didn't skip half the text of act 5

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Glory of Arioch posted:

:byodood: retarded plot speculation please scroll past :byodood:

I'm gonna have to go with James Harley as my guess for Grandpa's name. Given that he's aware of Jade's existence and calls himself her grandson, it's not out of line to suggest that they have the same surname.

Plus, now that she's got all kinds of Green Sun powers on account of being part Becquerel, Jade is qualified to be Earth prime's First Guardian.
J won't be named Harley for the same reason John wasn't named Crocker

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
Weekend at Bernie's probably is a joke about his self taxidermy

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm still skeptical about Dad's origins. If he really is born normally then why is he present in both universes? He's the same person yet born from two completely different sets of parents. (Nanna and mystery man and John and mystery woman). I suppose we could handwave it away with universal constants or genetic shenanigans due to ectobiology, but I think that he's an anomaly.

The kids and guardians are genetic palindromes

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

marsattacks posted:

Yeah, who would Jake prototype? Assuming he doesn't die?

Lord English

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

YF-23 posted:

Time-caused wear on the book is something we really shouldn't think about in depth because then you have to account for the book looping through time infinitely in B1 which would make it ok my head is hurting just trying to think about this

It's not infinite, a book was printed, delivered to a joke store, crushed an old woman to death, was given to her grandson, the old woman's ghost sprite wrote a note in it and sent it back in time to be a wholly different book

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Jetsetlemming posted:

That reminds me of an issue with Homestuck I get hung up on: The "rules" establish lots of ways for games to fail- to have universes die without reproducing. But a successful game only makes one new universe from one old universe- with no increase in numbers, and lots of opportunity to decrease, how does this pattern not destroy all of existence?

Didn't Terezi once imply that a single universe can create more than one session?

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Prison Warden posted:

ALSO also, Nanna mentioned that she and Grandpa were "destined to be together" or something and thats why the batterwitch tried to keep them apart.

e: As to the God Tier/Levels thing. It's never mentioned that being at the top of the echeladder was necessary to reach god tier, if I remember right. I mean, I doubt Jade was THAT high up her echeladder before she got killed and God Tier'd. And, I dunno, if you had to be really strong anyway I think it'd take a little of the meaning out of the whole embracing your own death in order to overcome it thing. It's possible, if the XP scales or something, that vriska hadn't finished her echeladder before becoming a god, and just breezed through her challenges until the black king fight. I could be forgetting something though, this is a long comic.

John reached the top of his echeladder (the breeze kneels?) Immediately before god-tiering, and soon after in a vriskalog she talks about him gaining god tier levels

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Thundarr posted:

We also have a pretty good idea what Echidna looks like from her statue.

Was that a statue? I was under the impression it was literally a frozen Echidna

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
Davespritesprite

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Cleretic posted:

It's good to see Hussie tackle the real problems the world faces this time around. Spontaneous combustion is a very real issue that real people face, and it's good to see it acknowledged.

It was a bomb from the batterwitch

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Android Blues posted:

I...what?

Seriously Andrew would never be unfaithful to Vriska

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxkSorMEDRc

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Nate RFB posted:

So, there you go. Lots of Homestuck still left :toot:

So Act6 will be exactly one page shorter than act 5

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Starmaker posted:

John and Jade have five planets, all their homes and refrigerators, and a ship filled with rations. Dave, Rose, and the trolls only have a meteor. Is there even any food on that thing?

Presuming they have grist, there is alchemizing equipment on the meteor

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

graybook posted:

Out of curiosity, has anyone taken the time to decode what the green trolltext says when the sickle is captchalogued?

Also what was the text above karkat at the end of the most recent flash?

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Ferroque posted:

It seems like they work well with pretty much anything.

Even other things that go with everything

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Isizzlehorn posted:

I will never get tired of this picture. Sums up the Homestuck community, and a normal person's reaction to, in one complete image. That guard has seen some poo poo, man.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Android Blues posted:

Love dat Gamzee in the back. Perfect clownface.

Way too tall to be Gamzee

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Glory of Arioch posted:

Another reason for Dirk's flat refusal of Roxy may be the fact that he knows that they're related. It's not explicitly said, sure, but the B2 derse dreamers seem to be clued in to the workings of the game and all -- it's not exactly a stretch to assume that Dirk understands their ectobiological origins.

They're not related though? Neither are Jane and Jake. John/Jade and Rose/Dave are the only sibling pairs

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UZxTlVnahU

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Bobulus posted:

Actually, assuming all meteor items were duped, as evidence has supported so far, there are now two Cals:

This is the most terrifying thing

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Grapplejack posted:

Well, starting the game destroys the world completely for the exiles to inhabit. They can't be from the future, since the world is going to be utterly annihilated.

The handmaid showed up after the reckoning writ large

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
"Indigenous race of butlers" sounds like something from a tintin book

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Literally Sharks posted:

Well, except that brothers tend to be male. Li'l Mindfang is not male.

Cosplay

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Midnight Raider posted:

Comedy option: People think B2 Rose is still alive because the Condesce replaced her with a robot double, and now it's on it's way to IRONICALLY DOTE ON Roxy.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Walliard posted:

Prediction: the camera will zoom in on his Green Sun-scepter, then zoom out to Jade, and this whole scene will be left on a cliffhanger until the next intermission

Act 6 Intermission 2 Subintermission 1

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Mystic Mongol posted:

Kate Beaton explains :s: blackrom as experienced by humans.

http://harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=327

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxkSorMEDRc

edit:

JT Jag posted:

Someone edited that a while back to be about Dualscar and Mindfang, and it doesn't miss a beat.
gently caress

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
The best possible outcome that could come from this is Dave telling Terezi about the chart and Terezi being completely nonplussed

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Cabbit posted:

Close, it would be that Terezi has already whipped up her own grid and opts to break it out at that time.

And Karkat and Terezi's irreconcilable difference is their inability to agree on scheduling for vacillation

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

snucks posted:

holy poo poo. Hussie would make millions if he made people pay ~$5 to view Act 7.

yes I too believe the best possible option would be that Terezi is surprised and confused so much that she is unsure how to react :colbert:

You know I've never actually bothered to look up the definition of that word; boy is there egg on my face

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Boneless Jogger posted:

The best thing to come from Vriskachat, Vriskachatchat, or Vriskachatchatchat is something that wasn't technically about her at all. Does anyone remember that batshit picture (a fandom secrets thing I think? My memory is kinda vague about this) about Eridan killing Kanaya representing Obama or some weird poo poo like that? And there were parenthesis representing all these thing they represented, but when it came to Vriska it just said Vriska (Vriska).

Basically what I'm asking in an attempt to change the subject is if anyone still has that picture.

Vriska is irreducible

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
I suddenly understand ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

JT Jag posted:

Incidentally this little comics march madness bracket thing has inspired me to finally do a thing I've wanted to do for a while. Before I read MSPA I maintained this massive bookmark list of webcomics. Like, 21 or 24 of them, and I checked it daily. It was one of my primary sources of internet amusement.

When I discovered Homestuck, early during Act 5, my interest in those webcomics died. Abruptly. I mean, I hadn't really been checking them quite as often recently anyway and had been kinda looking for new stuff, but I just stopped looking at every single one of them.

I just looked at that bookmark folder (which I still had), and I hadn't looked at those webcomics in over a year. But a few of them are actually kinda good. So I cleaned out the terrible ones (some of which we've been mocking mercilessly in this thread), then I cleaned out the unremarkable ones, and now there's like 8 left.

Then I added Gunnerkrigg Court because I've never read that before, and I'm gonna look through that webcomic bracket to see if there's anything else in particular that I'd want to take a look at, and it's probably gonna be up to 14 again.

It's basically come full circle.
Using an RSS feed/Google Reader with a browser extension is way easier

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Dolash posted:

and even from timelines that never interacted with the Alpha timeline

I think it's become pretty clear at this point that beta timelines only exist if/because they loop back onto the alpha

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Dolash posted:

I thought so too, but recent events have made me less certain. I mean Aranea (can't remember her name) suggested to Terezi that the potential timeline she saw with her minds' eye is a real one that actually exists in paradox space, not just a consequences she foresaw. We still don't have a great grip on who actually exists in the dream bubbles and paradox space.

Hell if it's too generous we might be looking at something like an infinite number, since each timeline will also need all of the supporting timelines that provided necessary elements (a Future-Dave-And-Rose timeline to provide a Davesprite for every beta that diverges after Davesprite became a thing, for example), and so on, and so on, possibly infinitely. Paradox space packed with a truly uncountable number of exact duplicates and minor variations.
Ideas looping into the alpha seems as valid as physical objects; the Vriska/Bec Noir confrontation happened, then Terezi saw it happen so it didn't (because it's not alpha)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

creationist believer posted:

Everybody... What if... Passion4NickChinlund took his or her youtubes off the internet? :ohdear:

Isn't Passion4NuckChinlund Hussie?