Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah it was really our fault, we can't blame castrated bulls for charging when they see red, they're not smart enough to know better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Mans posted:

yeah it was really our fault, we can't blame castrated bulls for charging when they see red, they're not smart enough to know better

dude, the poo poo that happened in Marques started between benfica fans not between them and the police.

the police entered later.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when did benfica fans enter the Marques equiped with bullet proof armor and used rocks as a justification to beat the poo poo out of random people? And when did Benfica fans surround boat stations with shotguns and treated everyone as criminals?

And when did benfica fans beat the poo poo out of benfica fans in Guimaraes before and after the game right in front of their children?

gently caress the pigs and next year when we win the third in a row i'll do my best to give tercio training to the no name boys so that they can keep the cops at bay while people celebrate.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Mans posted:

when did benfica fans enter the Marques equiped with bullet proof armor and used rocks as a justification to beat the poo poo out of random people? And when did Benfica fans surround boat stations with shotguns and treated everyone as criminals?

so should the cops just stand by and let Benfica fans do whatever they feel like, or is what happened in Guimarães also the cops' fault? there's a reason they were treated like criminals, and it's because of poo poo like this:

i'm glad Benfica fans couldn't help themselves and acted like animals in their own title party and got it broken up and got the poo poo beaten out of them ftw

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
do you understand the difference between stopping vandalism (which the police hardly ever does because it might put their silky white hands in peril) and attacking elderly people, sitting middle age men with children and adults who are doing extremely dangerous things like asking what the gently caress the tin-man is wanting you to do while he kicks you in the back or tripping you while you're backing away from the psychopaths? That and roaming around with shotguns with a boner dreaming of one day being the hero of a Tom Clancy novel?

Or are you such a salty sportinguista you can't even see why pigs with kindergarden level education shouldn't be given a driver's license, much less state payment?

Are you one of those people who only accepts to go out at night if he stays in a bar near a police station or a club with a ridiculously high entry fee to keep "the rabble" out? lmao get real

Those morons (the cops and the vandals) deserve jail time and Benfica already gave their apologies for their fans behaviour and monetary compensation for all damages caused in Guimaraes. Benfica will also give their trophy to the middle age men and child who were chilling before a pack of rabid dogs attacked them for no reason. Benfica is a club that takes responsibility for their actions and has no shame in coming forward to declare that mistakes are meant to be corrected and hiding them is not a civilized thing to do due to their size and social responsibility. Maybe the cops will do that someday.

:siren: Violent Benfica fan forces MBM's boyfriend to defend himself :siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib6DYPTB6is

We'll be there next year too, next time i'll invite you and show you how to have a good time :)

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyway here's what's important.

Luisao's wife is fuckin hot

Jardel looks like a guy you would buy bread from

Salvio is loving dreamy and look at his legs :eyepop:

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Mans posted:

do you understand the difference between stopping vandalism (which the police hardly ever does because it might put their silky white hands in peril) and attacking elderly people, sitting middle age men with children and adults who are doing extremely dangerous things like asking what the gently caress the tin-man is wanting you to do while he kicks you in the back or tripping you while you're backing away from the psychopaths? That and roaming around with shotguns with a boner dreaming of one day being the hero of a Tom Clancy novel?

Or are you such a salty sportinguista you can't even see why pigs with kindergarden level education shouldn't be given a driver's license, much less state payment?

Are you one of those people who only accepts to go out at night if he stays in a bar near a police station or a club with a ridiculously high entry fee to keep "the rabble" out? lmao get real

Those morons (the cops and the vandals) deserve jail time and Benfica already gave their apologies for their fans behaviour and monetary compensation for all damages caused in Guimaraes. Benfica will also give their trophy to the middle age men and child who were chilling before a pack of rabid dogs attacked them for no reason. Benfica is a club that takes responsibility for their actions and has no shame in coming forward to declare that mistakes are meant to be corrected and hiding them is not a civilized thing to do due to their size and social responsibility. Maybe the cops will do that someday.

:siren: Violent Benfica fan forces MBM's boyfriend to defend himself :siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib6DYPTB6is

We'll be there next year too, next time i'll invite you and show you how to have a good time :)

lol nice meltdown

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
When teams in Portugal win the league their fans drive around the streets in their cars beeping the horn for what seems like forever - glory hunting Benfica pricks.

Also Rio Ave are loving terrible.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey give them a break, Rio Ave will end the season with 58 games played, that's a shitload of matches for a small team. That's on the level of Juventus and Real Madrid.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
what a day, boys...2-0 down and playing with 10 men at half-time it looked like we didn't have a chance and there were already some lovely Sporting fans leaving the stadium. but after 2 goals in 10 minutes and an horrid penalty shootout by the Braga players:

the cup is ours. our first trophy in 7 years, hell that's not as bad as Arsenal (wenger must walk).

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 1, 2015

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Congrats friend.

People who leave before the game is over are scum

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Congratulations Sporting. It was a great final to a great cup. Both teams would be deserved winners.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

lol

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RTP Informação is totally confirming that Jorge Jesus will go to Sporting and Rui Vitoria from Vitória will go to Benfica.

If this is true then Bruno Carvalho, super diva president of Sporting, hired a Sporting ultra known for being as stubborn as a mule, Benfica hired someone who really doesn't have any serious credentials and Marco Silva, who might be the next Mourinho (specially if he's ignored by Benfica :qq:) can go to Porto to replace Flopetegui.

I'm freaking ouuuuuuuuuuuuut

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
Lol suck it Benfica.

Benfica only does better than Porto domestically because they don't care as much about Europe.

Next season that is going to change heavily when chachacha leaves.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

PerpetualSelf posted:

Benfica only does better than Porto domestically because they don't care as much about Europe.
The season before this one Benfica was in the EL final and won the league...

Mans posted:

RTP Informação is totally confirming that Jorge Jesus will go to Sporting and Rui Vitoria from Vitória will go to Benfica.
Fuuuuuuuuck

orange sky
May 7, 2007

I'm speechless right now wtf is Bruno thinking

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Mans posted:

If this is true then Bruno Carvalho, super diva president of Sporting, hired a Sporting ultra known for being as stubborn as a mule, Benfica hired someone who really doesn't have any serious credentials and Marco Silva, who might be the next Mourinho (specially if he's ignored by Benfica :qq:) can go to Porto to replace Flopetegui.

I'm freaking ouuuuuuuuuuuuut

No way this is true. not only do we not have any money but tbh right now it would be a step backwards for JJ. Also more importantly since it is 2015 the feels...I do not know how I would feel about this. would it be bad feels or good feels...

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

I blame Jorge Mendes for getting his home boy passed on by some fat spanish waiter to coach Real Madrid.

But I'll believe it when I see some bold done deals, not some news about mystical angolan investrment funds paying for Jesus 6 million euro salary.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Seltzer posted:

The season before this one Benfica was in the EL final and won the league...

Which is way easier than the Champions League.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
The news hasn't even been confirmed and already Benfica and their fans are melting down big time lmao it's been worth it just for today

This is the communications director over at Benfica crying like a big retard saying Jesus is ungrateful, and only cares about money and his ego etc

Here's over at Estadio da Luz where they've removed Jesus from the champions photo, because apparently the team won it without a manager

and the Benfica fans today have been outraged at Jesus and the president for letting him go, it's tasty. it's drat tasty.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Sporting fired Marco Silva with just cause due to Silva playing Marco Rojo in a friendly a year ago. Bruno Carvalho holds one mean grudge.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Bruno is burying himself with this poo poo. Dumb gently caress.

I was a believer, too.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is hilarious, there's so many saltiness from Benfica fans while at the same time a legion of Sporting fans, who spent years defending that Benfica only wins titles due to refs, are now praising Jesus and calling him the best Portuguese coach after Mourinho

and Sporting, who has made a massive effort to reduce costs and wasteful spending, has given the fucker six million euros a year, an actual raise over the exurbitant wages he had in Benfica which resulted in him being let go by Vieira.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

It's six millions with all objectives accomplished. I bet that's like winning the Champions in which case he'd actually be worth it lol

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

orange sky posted:

Bruno is burying himself with this poo poo. Dumb gently caress.

I was a believer, too.

Eh, not really. The timing is awful obviously with Marco Silva winning the cup and I definitely don't like the way his exit panned out, but we are hiring the best manager in Portugal while dealing a huge blow to our biggest rivals. I think Bruno de Carvalho deserves the benefit of the doubt, and honestly it annoys me a bit how Sporting fans still don't give it to him after all he's done for the club in a short amount of time.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Jorge Jesus is good? I thought you all thought he sucked.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
He's poo poo but lol. Can't wait for Porto crush these pathetic small time teams with the real money, coach, and players, like they always do.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Why would Jesus go to sporting?

orange sky
May 7, 2007

He's loved Sporting since he was a kid, it's his team. Also, a boatload of money.

Also lol at Benfica fans that want Marco there. His football is boring as gently caress. This is coming from someone with a gamebox that went to all Sporting games. It's predictable as gently caress and really really not exciting.

orange sky fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jun 5, 2015

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Eh, not really. The timing is awful obviously with Marco Silva winning the cup and I definitely don't like the way his exit panned out, but we are hiring the best manager in Portugal while dealing a huge blow to our biggest rivals. I think Bruno de Carvalho deserves the benefit of the doubt, and honestly it annoys me a bit how Sporting fans still don't give it to him after all he's done for the club in a short amount of time.

lol Sporting is going to pay Jesus salaries with an investment fund owned by Álvaro Sobrinho, one of the biggest BES/BESA crooks. By the end of Carvalho's tenure as President Sporting finances will look far more dodgier than when he got there.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Marco is coming off as a saint here and I don't know how much of that is really true. There's much we don't know about this.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Electronico6 posted:

lol Sporting is going to pay Jesus salaries with an investment fund owned by Álvaro Sobrinho, one of the biggest BES/BESA crooks. By the end of Carvalho's tenure as President Sporting finances will look far more dodgier than when he got there.

Sporting have already denied that as being completely false, please don't troll.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Sporting have already denied that as being completely false, please don't troll.

He owns 20% of Sporting's SAD, and was who bankrolled Bruno Carvalho in the first place. He even paid for the new bus! I regret to inform you, but you have dodgy Angolan bankers financing your club.

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 5, 2015

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Electronico6 posted:

He owns 20% of Sporting's SAD, and was who bankrolled Bruno Carvalho in the first place. He even paid for the new bus! I regret to inform you, but you have dodgy Angolan bankers financing your club.

that's racist

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Brony Car posted:

Jorge Jesus is good? I thought you all thought he sucked.

He gained a lot of credibility the last two seasons, especially with winning the title this year having his best players sold in the beginning. He's widely considered the best manager in Portugal.

e: it's official lol

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 5, 2015

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
also for the hat-trick of posts i just noticed this in the gay OP of this old as poo poo thread:

quote:

Star: Hulk, player of the season 2010-2011. Otamendi is a promising centre back, with Chelsea target Álvaro Pereira probably the best leftback in the league now that Fábio Coentrão left. In midfield, Moutinho is the motor while Guarín adds some steel to it. James Rodríguez is one of the kids with the most potential in Portugal and will one day be playing for Real Madrid or something, mark my words.

drat....the funny ways of the world. makes you think.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apparently Sporting wants to claim that Marco Silva deserved to be fired with just cause because he did not wear a pretty suit during the Portuguese cup final.

Now usually this would just be a lol-worthy news-bit, but the problem is that Sporting wants to file a judicial claim against Marco Silva for this, which will last at the very least three months until a judge says "lol are you high pay the man his compensation".

In other words, Sporting want to force Marco Silva to renounce the compensation he legally deserves for being fired for no reason or sense at all or be in court all summer long, while not being legally allowed to switch clubs while the case is open (aka he won't be able to do a decent pre-season in Benfica or Porto).

I actually respect the hell out of Bruno. He tries every trick, he uses every law and he searches for any investor (you'll find Assad financing Cardozo for sure) he can. He doesn't give a gently caress about morality or public opinion. He can be made fun of even by his own coach and team. He doesn't give a gently caress, he put Sporting in third place with a string budget and he'll suck any dick to put Sporting back on top.

Record is throwing out rumors that Jesus wants to bring Maxi Peireira (Benfica's eternal right back), Cardozo (Former Benfica striker who is now swiming in Turkish money. Before leaving the Tacuara was about to beat the poo poo out of Jesus) and Fabio Coentrao (Benfica's pride and joy before he decided to be a bench warmer for life) to Sporting. I don't think Bruno has enough Angolan investors to cativate the players, but a man can dream.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

also for the hat-trick of posts i just noticed this in the gay OP of this old as poo poo thread:

drat....the funny ways of the world. makes you think.

hames is extremely powerful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Someone make a new OP

• Locked thread