Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

This Sporting team is really good.short of a march meltdown this is their year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

sporting are down a man, losing to Tondela lmaooo

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Thats one of the dumbest penalties of the season.best keeper in the league yall.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Sporting is now winning 2-1 and it's a miracle that Jesus hasn't been sent off after making physical contact with the linesman twice. What a legend.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Tondela equalizes via some bootleg Osvaldo fuckboy

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
drat...thought it was gonna be another epic sporting comeback. not too fussed about it tbh, the players walked in way too carefree and maybe being ahead by only 2 points will keep them focused

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
lmao holy poo poo that guimaraes goal...casillas is so bad. like he's bad even for portuguese league standards, he's had like 4 of those already this season

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Mean Bean Machine posted:

lmao holy poo poo that guimaraes goal...casillas is so bad. like he's bad even for portuguese league standards, he's had like 4 of those already this season

oh dear

https://twitter.com/tribundergi/status/688829949772435461/video/1

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
i love too watch football this year!!!

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
mourinho was right all along...

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Pinto da Costa must be brain dead or something cause it seems Porto's next manager is going to be last decade Sporting poo poo manager José Peseiro hahahaha

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sporting failing to beat Tondela. Casillas being Casillas. Jose Peseiro in Porto.

We're gonna win this lads, Benfica got it all set.

vonManstein
Nov 5, 2006

Mans posted:

Sporting failing to beat Tondela. Casillas being Casillas. Jose Peseiro in Porto.

We're gonna win this lads, Benfica got it all set.

There was never any doubt...

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Yeah Benfica is playing top football

Ahahahahahah

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

They are though.it turns out Rui Vitória might be a good coach after all.

Benfica is currently winning 2-0 vs. Arouca.tasty goal by mitroglou.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Rodney Wallace signed for Arouca so I guess I will be following them too. I know absolutely nothing about them.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

That was Bryan's 100th goal in Europe. 100 goals in 341 matches is pretty good.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
easiest goal he'll ever score too

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've got to be fair here Sporting has found the shittiest ref performances i've ever seen this year. Not only in domestic but also European matches.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
So whats the deal with that Chinese company sponsoring the Portuguese 2nd division? They've had to backtrack on forcing clubs to play Chinamen but apparently will still offer to pay clubs to play Chinese players, surely that can't be allowed?

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Is Renato Sanches any good?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Lot 49 posted:

Is Renato Sanches any good?

He is this years new Eusebio. And like previous Yearly Eusebios, he will have a pair of good games, get hyped, and sold off in the summer to some lame team in Spain/France without fanfare. Last year was some guy called Ivan Cavaleiro, now plays in Monaco and nobody remembers him.

This isn't an event exclusive to Benfica, Sporting also gets a new FigoRonaldo every other year.

Blue Star Error posted:

So whats the deal with that Chinese company sponsoring the Portuguese 2nd division? They've had to backtrack on forcing clubs to play Chinamen but apparently will still offer to pay clubs to play Chinese players, surely that can't be allowed?

Part of the deal also involved taking on Chinese technical staff, assistant coaches and the like, not sure if that was dropped too or not. But nobody watches the second league, or better yet, nobody watches matches that don't involve Benfica, Sporting, or Porto, so who gives a gently caress about the second league. It's a bankrupt league with zero audiences if some losers in China want to watch Portuguese provincial clubs playing bad football in potato fields more power to them. Bring on that sweet cheap plastic china money I say.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Electronico6 posted:

He is this years new Eusebio. And like previous Yearly Eusebios, he will have a pair of good games, get hyped, and sold off in the summer to some lame team in Spain/France without fanfare. Last year was some guy called Ivan Cavaleiro, now plays in Monaco and nobody remembers him.

This isn't an event exclusive to Benfica, Sporting also gets a new FigoRonaldo every other year.

This isnt exactly true, the latest Benfica youth exports have been André Gomes, Bernardino Silva and even Ivan Cavaleiro is having a ok season in Monaco. Benfica's youth setup is legit y'all.
Renato Sanches now is basically a pair of good games and incredible raw potential and that's it.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Electronico6 posted:

Part of the deal also involved taking on Chinese technical staff, assistant coaches and the like, not sure if that was dropped too or not. But nobody watches the second league, or better yet, nobody watches matches that don't involve Benfica, Sporting, or Porto, so who gives a gently caress about the second league. It's a bankrupt league with zero audiences if some losers in China want to watch Portuguese provincial clubs playing bad football in potato fields more power to them. Bring on that sweet cheap plastic china money I say.

I guess it just seems like a bad precedent to allow outside agents to influence team selection in a sport full of match fixing. Imagine the final day of the season in Italy and all the teams with nothing to play for line up with 11 sponsored Chinamen on the pitch.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

yeah Andre Gomes is amazing

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Blue Star Error posted:

I guess it just seems like a bad precedent to allow outside agents to influence team selection in a sport full of match fixing. Imagine the final day of the season in Italy and all the teams with nothing to play for line up with 11 sponsored Chinamen on the pitch.

Jorge Mendes has been doing that for years already.

ChainsawCharlie posted:

This isnt exactly true, the latest Benfica youth exports have been André Gomes, Bernardino Silva and even Ivan Cavaleiro is having a ok season in Monaco. Benfica's youth setup is legit y'all.
Renato Sanches now is basically a pair of good games and incredible raw potential and that's it.

Legit underwhelming yes. Also Ivan Cavaleiro was heralded as the next great thing (two years ago actually not one), then he was loaned to Deportivo, then finally sold to Monaco on a sketchy deal of 15 million Euros for the newspapers, but 3,5 million to CMVM.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Blue Star Error posted:

The deal probably won't go through in its current state, and I can see the government getting involved if it does. On the other hand I understand why they're even considering it, there are absolutely no sponsors interested in the 2nd division and no money to run it.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We've scored like 40 goals in 9 games holy poo poo benfica is so amazing.

Electronico6 posted:

Hey, you can watch Benfica B games for basically free in Seixal so there's at least some entertainment in the second league sometimes :v:

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Tonight is derby night! Benfica vs. Porto.
after a very rocky start to the season Benfica has been demolishing teams for the last 2 months and have finally catched up to Sporting at the top of the league.porto as imploded and find themselves 6 points behind and a loss tonight will see them removed from the title race. Benfica are widely regarded as favorites for tonights game so probably they are going to lose 3-0 or something.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Benfica 1-0 by mitroglou!8 goals in 6 games holy poo poo.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Casillas...owns?

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
What the...best team in the world Benfica finally play a team they haven't loaned half the players...and they lose?? What the gently caress...

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Benfica are massive bottlers and I hate this dumb stupid team and of course this is the game Casillas remembers how to act like a goalkeeper

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Benfica are widely regarded as favorites for tonights game so probably they are going to lose

Well.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I went out for dinner in Porto yesterday w/ friends and then we watched the game in a café. Really top tier racism when Mitroglou scored (towards muslims though???) and great when we actually scored. 10/10 on tripadvisor

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

KoldPT posted:

I went out for dinner in Porto yesterday w/ friends and then we watched the game in a café. Really top tier racism when Mitroglou scored (towards muslims though???) and great when we actually scored. 10/10 on tripadvisor

I was watching Sporting - Porto in a bar and when Slimani scored a guy next to me screamed "loving terrorist!". What a wonderful world we live in.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tonight is the night.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
that cover

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

that slimani photoshop is literally worse than i could do and i am terrible at photoshop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

*whispering so my grandpa's ghost doesn't hear*
Let's go Bryan! Let's go Sporting!

• Locked thread