Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage
Sometimes, I get angry at my mum for having me play cello as a kid instead of oboe or flute.

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/m4w/2672361904.html

I also saw an ad for a houseshare on gumtree recently which at the end requested that applicants have their own teeth and shoes :stare: It was a good deal and in my budget so I went for it, but they never got back to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

Fast_Food_Knight posted:

Sadly, England's craiglist (and similar classifieds) are tame and boring.

Eh, there are some gems of madness amongst the regular horny weirdos, but they're much harder to find.

I myself was tempted by this one:

The farts for gifts exchange sounds like a fun and easy way to get presents.

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage
I would demand my fart gifts to be wrapped though- pretty paper, ribbon, the works. It's not a real gift if it's not gift-wrapped :colbert:

Edit:

Well, this is a pleasant turn on the story of people on Craiglist stealing your kidneys

madlilnerd has a new favorite as of 20:16 on Nov 20, 2011

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

Dear internet, please help me convince my boyfriend that I am well adjusted and have long term friends.

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

It comes with a "decerative" ribbon! Just what I need for my bottled farts :allears:

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

hyperhazard posted:

I did a quick Google search hoping to find that it was some kind of satire, and instead, I found this:

I'm speechless.

I have heard that there are more tigers in Texas than in India, but I don't know how true that is.

Anyway. Found a doozy on the old Craigslist today!

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

Celery Face posted:

This one will always be my favourite.
*cookie craziness*

With all the money you'd spend on ingredients (including magical non-oat-oatmeal) you'd probably end up $800 dollars in the hole every month anyway. I'd love to try it, just for a week or too though. I don't hum or sing when I bake, but I do listen to Jazz FM. Must ask cookie monster if that's ok.

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

Some people have way too much time on their hands.

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

Young Freud posted:

Does anything worthwhile ever come from Craigslist? I've been browsing their gigs section and, if its not spec work or some sort of scam, it seems no one bothers to respond to my inquiries.

I actually got my current summer job through Craigslist and it's complete legitimate, taxes and NI and everything paid. I thought it might be a scam at first because the woman responded that she would send more details closer to the time (and took a loooong time to respond), but this has been the best summer job I've ever had. The hours are great, the pay is above minimum, the people are really friendly, it's an established company, and I managed to get a friend a job temping in a different department.

Another job I do for beer money I got through Gumtree (another classified site). I assemble cards for a graduate who set up her own greetings card company. The pay is crap, but it's completely brainless and I work from home watching stuff on my laptop while I do it. My boss is super nice too.

But on the other hand, I have had some crap experiences through the site. The worst is flakey people. A woman put up an ad saying she wanted work from home seamstresses to assemble dresses for her, and I responded because I'm a pretty good sewer. She said great, and said she'd be round on Friday to give me a few samples to run up. I gave her my phone number, Friday comes, she doesn't appear. I sent her emails, but she never responded again so I don't know wtf there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage
Aww, some Joker is looking for his Harley Quinn :3:

madlilnerd has a new favorite as of 23:54 on Aug 16, 2012

• Locked thread