Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
whips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
It really beats the poo poo out of the llama.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

When you download music from Google Music to your SD Card, does anyone know where it is located? I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

spiralbrain posted:

When you download music from Google Music to your SD Card, does anyone know where it is located? I cant seem to find it anywhere.

android > com.musicsomething

They aren't going to be recognizable to you though. last i checked the file names were gibberish to prevent what you're trying to do.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

spiralbrain posted:

Yeah if you're talking about pinned music it's encrypted even if you bought the album on Play.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
With the streaming platforms you actually have to record your audio output like in the radio tape days. The stuff is encrypted, so directly pulling out the mp3s is difficult and certainly illegal in many jurisdictions.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If it's music you bought, use Chrome and the Google Play Music extention on your PC to download the music.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

android > com.musicsomething

They aren't going to be recognizable to you though. last i checked the file names were gibberish to prevent what you're trying to do.

I was going to say this too, but then I checked on my 2014 X and there aren't any files in there, not even hidden files. I can't find where Google Music is storing them (not that it matters at all). I've got like 30 albums pinned.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I was going to say this too, but then I checked on my 2014 X and there aren't any files in there, not even hidden files. I can't find where Google Music is storing them (not that it matters at all). I've got like 30 albums pinned.

It's probably stashed in the apps cache or something then. It's been awhile since I checked. Thanks for looking. :)

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Geektox posted:

Yeah if you're talking about pinned music it's encrypted even if you bought the album on Play.

Ok I was wondering if there was a way to pull it off. Not a problem. Thanks

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
Is it just on my phone or the subscriptions tab on the YouTube app are just suggestions now instead of my subscribed channels now?

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
I'm going to be on a long flight in a few weeks and want to download some games to pass the time. I don't mind paying for games either but I'm having a tough time finding good ones since the "Top Paid" list is littered with Truck Simulator / Minecraft / Family Guy / Adventure Time / Archer games. Anyone have any recommendations?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Busy Bee posted:

I'm going to be on a long flight in a few weeks and want to download some games to pass the time. I don't mind paying for games either but I'm having a tough time finding good ones since the "Top Paid" list is littered with Truck Simulator / Minecraft / Family Guy / Adventure Time / Archer games. Anyone have any recommendations?

See the Android Gaming Thread, where we're mostly talking about Soda Dungeon, and Neko Atsume.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
What's a good Twitter app that's a buck at most? I'd been using Plume because it was good enough (I pretty much just follow a bunch of people), but their last update is super hosed up.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mariotaku.twidere

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Is there a widget that will show me news headlines that will actually take me to the article instead of taking me to ones I need to pay? The Google play news feed is good except every other link is WSJ / NYT / LAT / Washington Journal asking me to pay to read.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

hooah posted:

What's a good Twitter app that's a buck at most? I'd been using Plume because it was good enough (I pretty much just follow a bunch of people), but their last update is super hosed up.

Fenix rules.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

BoyBlunder posted:

Fenix rules.

Except it's way more than I'm willing to spend just to read poo poo people say. If I frequently tweeted my own self, then sure, that might be worth it, but no way for my use case.

Twidere has been OK, but I miss Plume's feature that remembered where you last were, so you don't have to scroll back in time several hours every time you open the app. Also, I've told it to refresh when it opens, but I have to do it manually anyway.

Any other cheap/free Twitter client suggestions?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Fenix does all that, its a few quid, don't be such a cheapskate

You get what you pay for

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

hooah posted:

Except it's way more than I'm willing to spend just to read poo poo people say. If I frequently tweeted my own self, then sure, that might be worth it, but no way for my use case.
Same here.

hooah posted:

Twidere has been OK, but I miss Plume's feature that remembered where you last were, so you don't have to scroll back in time several hours every time you open the app.
Settings > Content > Remember Position will keep all tab positions in the same place as you come/go from the app.
Settings > Content > Read From Bottom will place you at the oldest tweets after a refresh, letting you then scroll up through them chronologically.
Settings > Content > Load Item Limit will set the max number of tweets which load after a refresh (from newest to oldest). If you need to see more tweets, hit the 'Load More' button. I left this at the default 20 since I follow so few accounts that anything more than 20 tweets ago is already old news.

hooah posted:

Also, I've told it to refresh when it opens, but I have to do it manually anyway.
Feature works fine for me. I guess you were expecting it to reload the every time you switch back to the app, right? Well, instead the option is actually 'Refresh on Start' and will reload when you arrive to the app after it not being in memory or whatever (i.e. after a reboot, after swiping it out of the multi-tasking screen, and I guess after it is pushed out of memory by other apps). Unless I'm missing something here I'll admit this isn't convenient at all. Oh well, reloading is just a swipe away.

hooah posted:

Any other cheap/free Twitter client suggestions?
Maybe give Giza a try. Nice clean UI without some of the weird bugs Twidere seems prone too (as far as I know). I stuck with Twidere because its tabs feature is indispensable to me.

Skarsnik posted:

Fenix does all that, its a few quid, don't be such a cheapskate

You get what you pay for
lol

Serotoning fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Nov 16, 2015

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Yeah, just use Fenix. If you don't want to pay, sign up for google opinions for a few weeks until you get enough credit to buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

New thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751764

• Locked thread