Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
So I'm pissed enough at swype that I am looking for a new keyboard. Any suggestions? I still liked typing they way I did on the iphone so something like that would be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I know you could swipe in the bottm left corner of the swype keyboard to get specific cursor control, is there a way to get specific curson control on the gingerbread keyboard?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
So my battery life has been awful of late and I am pretty sure it's due to data usage (due to amazing battery life with 3G off) any settings or apps out there that let me see what is using data, how much, and when?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I there a way to hide certain apps from the drawer in ADW like how Launcher Pro used to do?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I'm sure there is an easy answer for this but are there any good apps out there that will do an alarm and then sort of greet you with a: "Here is today's weather and schedule" type thing?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
What is the flavor of the month for alarm apps? Paying a bit is fine for me if it is worth it, ideally something that would silence text messages and most phone call but allow certain numbers to ring through. Other features like gentle awake or what not would be a bonus but not required. Not rooted.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Quick question regarding group texting. My friends do it a lot using their iPhones and I am able to reply to the group instead of individually now that I upgraded to handscent but it won't tell me the names in the thread. I don't have pictures for everyone so I just have to click on each text if I want to know who it's from. Any ideas?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I have a number of apps purchased on my google account and my wife will soon make the switch from iOS to android. Is there a way we can both use my account for apps and google play but then where she doesn't get inundated with e-mails etc. from the rest of my google account?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
My wife and I were just stationed overseas, what apps do you guys/gals suggest for keeping in touch with folks who are still stateside? People here have suggested whatapp and the magic jack app I just want to see if you all have other ideas. If it matters we were not able to keep our stateside numbers :saddowns:. Apparently if you cancel your contract and have the ETFs waived, AT&T will not allow google voice to port your number (or more accurately, if you port your number they will then apply the ETF).

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I used to use Mint but as others have stated gave it up in case Mint lost my data. I use You Need a Budget (YNAB) and absolutely love it. It really needs the desktop app to run it but the android app allows up you add expenses and inflows as you purchase them. It's also great since it's a true budget program with balancing and reconciliation rather than Mint which just tracks your purchases and income and has no way to double check that all transactions are accounted for and accurate.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

TLG James posted:

Is there an alternate offline maps with GPS location other than googlemaps for foreign countries?

I got a trip to a county that is apparently "not supported" for offline mode. (When I go to download it, it says Area not available) even though it worked a few years ago.

I live overseas and use Sygic. Works nicely and comes with 1 week free trial of premium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

YamataNoOrochi posted:

I'm going to be doing some international travelling over the holidays and I'm trying to find a map/navigation app that will work without data, so I can just use my phone or tablet instead of bringing a dedicated GPS as well. Anyone know of any decent ones? The few I've found in the play store look kinda shady.

I'm going to be in Taiwan, Thailand and Japan, if different apps have different coverage areas.

Sygic

• Locked thread