Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toenut
Apr 11, 2003

fourth and nine
Since all my equipment(cheap Scout reactive and spare ball) got stolen out of a friend's car last, I decided to step up to a more expensive ball. I ended up getting a Hammer Epidemic. Holy poo poo is this ball way better than what I've been bowling with! The way it hooks in at the backend is making it was easier for me to pick up strikes. I can't wait to see what kind of scores I can start pulling out once I get used to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toenut
Apr 11, 2003

fourth and nine

Toad on a Hat posted:

I broke my psychological barrier last night! :neckbeard:

231-234-244 for a sweet 709! :D I'm loving my Nano. Next stop, sanctioned 300!

Nice. Are you in the Wednesday night league?

toenut
Apr 11, 2003

fourth and nine

Toad on a Hat posted:

Thursday night league. You in Wednesday?

I'm in the Tuesday Twisters league. We should try and get a summer league team going.

toenut
Apr 11, 2003

fourth and nine
580 series last night with the new Epidemic. I'm really liking this ball so far.

toenut
Apr 11, 2003

fourth and nine
Hey Toah, I meant to say hi to you tonight, but you disappeared after that one guy bowled a 300. I was taking advantage of the unlimited bowling for $10 tonight and then ripped a huge blister on my thumb. Went 150ish-208-210ish before destroying my thumb. If I keep bowling multiple times a week, I might need to keep some super glue in my bag.

toenut
Apr 11, 2003

fourth and nine
235-202-190 for my 4th 600 series ever. I really wanted to get 200 in the last game to go all 200s for the first time.

toenut
Apr 11, 2003

fourth and nine
Yeah, I can't wait to get completely humbled by a pattern that is more difficult than cheetah.

toenut
Apr 11, 2003

fourth and nine

Toad on a Hat posted:

208 and two turkeys last night :woop: :woop:

And starting next week we get hosed! Bring it on Chameleon.

toenut
Apr 11, 2003

fourth and nine
Chameleon ended up not being as hard as I was expecting it to be. I just threw my standard house shot(between the 1st and 2nd arrow), and it worked fine. Went 196-175-125. The poor last game was due to me pulling the ball across my body too much.

toenut
Apr 11, 2003

fourth and nine
And chameleon kicked my rear end this week as ToaH can attest to. It was the first time I had to bowl with another lefty though.

toenut
Apr 11, 2003

fourth and nine

Toad on a Hat posted:

So last night I had the greatest series I have ever bowled - 257-242-278 for a 777 series. I had a Greek Church (4-6-7-9-10) in the second game, otherwise I was clean throughout. It's okay that I didn't get an 800 this time, I'll get it next time! (that one open cost me an 800 :()

I was completely on fire, and I'm not entirely sure why but I'll take it!

Sweet. It's taken me three weeks to get back to normal after bowling on sport patterns all summer.

toenut
Apr 11, 2003

fourth and nine
Got my highest series ever on Tuesday night with a 676! I don't remember the exact scores on the last two games, but it was something like 257-207-212. I really wanted the 700 after a good first game, but I'll take going over 200 for all three games for the first time. With my crappy 160 average so far this season, I qualified for all kinds of awards.

toenut
Apr 11, 2003

fourth and nine

Scarf posted:

Roller-coaster last night, but I'm finally starting to re-figure my delivery. 221-150-202. My spare shooting in the second match was dog poo poo.

The big story though was our newbie. He got his first ball a few weeks ago and has slowly but surely been figuring out his delivery. He averages 130 or so right now... but he went 137-195-264 :stare:

Wow! I sure hope he's leading the league in high game w/handicap now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toenut
Apr 11, 2003

fourth and nine
I finally decided to get a score tracking app since I can never remember my scores and I want to see my trends over time. I picked a good night to start tracking as I went 201-242-224 for a 667 series. This is my 2nd highest series after a 676 series earlier this season, in which I don't know my scores other than a 257.

• Locked thread