Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Loving that OP. I'm gonna get some dish detergent on my way home today and clean my nano and my super beast!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

228-227-212 last night for a 653. Best series so far this year! :neckbeard:

That detergent trick really did wonders. I don't know if it was the placebo effect or the fact that I'm releasing the ball lower but I'm really starting to ramp up my bowling abilities again!

And to think I was within a day of quitting earlier this year.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Yeah, I'm pretty much down a few degrees and my arm isn't A) as tired and B) as wild as usual.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

GOOCHY posted:

Do most of you use a separate standard drilled ball for spares? What would you recommend for a spare ball? Does it even matter?

I'm finding that I have to throw my current Storm Hy-Road harder than I want to when shooting the 9-10 pin spares. It affects my accuracy quite a bit and I'm missing 10 pins regularly. Maybe getting a spare ball that I can throw straight will help.

I actually use my superbeast for spares. Works well unless it catches a dry spot on the 10 pin, and whoo boy will I miss that by a fraction of a board.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

209-207-200 for a 616 this week. Not too bad. I was rocking them out in practice but in live games I just didn't have the consistency.

I only took two points though because the other guy had a couple 230s :mad:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

222-225-233 for a nice 680 :cool:

I had a great night and we obliterated the other team 22-2 in points :)

HOWEVER: Third game, fifth frame, left a 6-10 and somehow managed to hit the 10 on the inside and leave the 6. I was one frame away from a clean series that I've been so desperately craving.

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 9, 2011

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Zahgaegun posted:

One of the guys on the team threw 8 straight strikes to start the game on Monday. Got real nervous, started pacing. Stepped up, threw a 9 with a wobbly 10 pin that refused to go down. He subsequently left 7 of the next 8 frames open. Welp.

Had a good attitude about it.

Whenever I hit like 8 my legs start to quiver a bit and by the time I'm up to 9 I'm shaking like a god damned earthquake. It's nervewracking as poo poo.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Had a 692 last night. 197-268-227. 8 pins off of my 700 series :mad:

However, the funny part was that I still managed to lose 2 of 3! Bastards. Ah well, pretty sure we took second place anyway :)

On to the next half!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I am on god drat fire lately.

201-215-243 for a cool 659. I love bowling against the owners' sons because I seem to always waste them :)

As a side note, our team won 24-0. Woot!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I broke my psychological barrier last night! :neckbeard:

231-234-244 for a sweet 709! :D I'm loving my Nano. Next stop, sanctioned 300!

Also last night I saw back to back 300s from the same teammates, which I hadn't seen before.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

toenut posted:

Nice. Are you in the Wednesday night league?

Thursday night league. You in Wednesday?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I'm down with that :) I usually do no tap in the summer because I'm cheap (and want pizza) but I'd be down for joining a league too.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Shot a 223, 232 and for some reason decided to shoot a 170 my last game. The lanes were completely schizophrenic last night. They seemed to have three personalities.

I somehow won that 170 game though. I was stuck at a 150 on an open in the 9th, and my opponent was at 147 with a spare on the 9th. All he needed is a strike to beat me, and wouldn't you know, he leaves a 4-6-7. He was furious and I was gobsmacked, I'll tell you that! He ended up with a 161 and I just barely beat him.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

toenut posted:

Hey Toah, I meant to say hi to you tonight, but you disappeared after that one guy bowled a 300. I was taking advantage of the unlimited bowling for $10 tonight and then ripped a huge blister on my thumb. Went 150ish-208-210ish before destroying my thumb. If I keep bowling multiple times a week, I might need to keep some super glue in my bag.

Well poo poo, I didn't even see you there! Sorry about that. :shobon:

Yeah, luckily he was playing against the guy I'm tied with in points, so we're still tied. On to another week!

I shot sorta terrible this week - 180, 247, 202. It was all over the place, only won 1/3. Nice job on your games though!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

toenut posted:

235-202-190 for my 4th 600 series ever. I really wanted to get 200 in the last game to go all 200s for the first time.

Good job man! :)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Two handers are cheaters :colbert:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Toenut and I started our PBA sports league last night. We have five patterns alternating every 3/4 weeks: starts out with the cheetah pattern, goes to Earl Anthony, then goes to Viper, then PBA Tournament of Champions, and then toenut decided to be particularly sadistic and suggested we end the season and do the Sweeper on the PBA Open pattern. Naturally everyone loved that idea.

Its actually a lot of fun!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

flacoman954 posted:

Any updates?

208 and two turkeys last night :woop: :woop:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

toenut posted:

And starting next week we get hosed! Bring it on Chameleon.

Hell yeah :cool:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Devo posted:

Haven't bowled on it yet but it looks stupidly hard this year. It was one of my better patterns over the last few years but this year they shortened it by a couple feet and made it look like that. We're also going to bowl on the US Open pattern over the last two weeks of this summer league. That ought to be fun.

Prepare for sub 100 games and frustrations abound!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

toenut posted:

Chameleon ended up not being as hard as I was expecting it to be. I just threw my standard house shot(between the 1st and 2nd arrow), and it worked fine. Went 196-175-125. The poor last game was due to me pulling the ball across my body too much.

Chamelon can suck poo poo through a pig's anus, especially when you're playing with the same line as high revvers :mad:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Critical posted:

Hint: Get off that line. Even moving a couple boards parallel left can have a huge impact. Half the challenge of bowling is realizing how to adjust to not only where you're playing, but to where other people are playing as well. Put a different piece in your hand and move to find some oil.

Yeah I pretty much have to hit third arrow or I'm screwed in this pattern.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Toenut and I are first place in our PBA sport league for the first half :woop: :woop:

Now we're going on the Earl Anthony Pattern - can't want to see how that one screws me over.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I bowled five games over three lanes at the same time yesterday and my God do my arms hurt. I think it's also because I tried bowling like Jason Belmonte for a couple of frames and holy poo poo my tendon aches. How does he do it?

I did get a belmonte strike though :smug:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

We had our US Open pattern for sweeper last night. It's not that terrible of a pattern but drat it breaks down quick. toenut and I won 3rd place and totaled out at $113 each.

I probably wouldn't do it again though. It was fun but I just wanted to try it.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

So last night I had the greatest series I have ever bowled - 257-242-278 for a 777 series. I had a Greek Church (4-6-7-9-10) in the second game, otherwise I was clean throughout. It's okay that I didn't get an 800 this time, I'll get it next time! (that one open cost me an 800 :()

I was completely on fire, and I'm not entirely sure why but I'll take it!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

toenut posted:

Sweet. It's taken me three weeks to get back to normal after bowling on sport patterns all summer.

Yeah, I finally realized "Whoops, I need to stand on the LEFT side now because it actually hooks!"

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

211 214 279 for a 704. Hell yeah! I had to pull that last game out of my rear end. 9 count on the second and final frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Read today's Kelly right drat now:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/values-in-the-gutter,31787

• Locked thread