Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Armor-Piercing posted:

MC only isn't in the game because he's so awesome that he was the obvious choice for DLC content, right? :(

Final boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Endorph posted:

Also, Mitsuru and Akihiko look awesome. No idea why they both have capes though.

To be technical, Mitsuru looks like she's wearing a furcoat, and Akihiko is wearing his gym jacket without pulling on his sleeves, so... I guess they decided "not wearing coats" = Cool battle uniforms?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Kanji has his coat-cape thing as well. Must be the current fashion trend in Japan.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So is there any reason to believe this is the real full cast? There's always the possibility that the character select screen just didn't have all the spots.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Kuai posted:

I wonder if this game will be canon since they seem to have an older Mitsuru and Akihiko. Hoping for more characters down the line if the game does well.

P4 takes place a year after P3, and P4U takes place the year after that. So they're two years older, going from seniors in high school to college sophomores.

They make it obvious in P4 during the school trip to Gekkoukan, where the older Chihiro is the Student Council president--obviously because Mitsuru graduated.

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Vengarr posted:

P4 takes place a year after P3, and P4U takes place the year after that. So they're two years older, going from seniors in high school to college sophomores.

They make it obvious in P4 during the school trip to Gekkoukan, where the older Chihiro is the Student Council president--obviously because Mitsuru graduated.

Yeah I stopped playing P4 after I got the TWEEST spoiled for me during Nanako's dungeon. I should probably finish it someday or watch the anime I guess.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Momomo posted:

So is there any reason to believe this is the real full cast? There's always the possibility that the character select screen just didn't have all the spots.

Like I pointed out before, the Twitter Icon section has 3 unknown slots, and Mitsuru/Akihiko would fill up 2. There's one left, so I'm assuming Marie or someone might be it.

Other than that... You're right, ATLUS/ArcSys would easily be able to put in as many characters as they can. Just wanted to say that the Twitter icon page holds a "hint".

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

LightningKimba posted:

Like I pointed out before, the Twitter Icon section has 3 unknown slots, and Mitsuru/Akihiko would fill up 2. There's one left, so I'm assuming Marie or someone might be it.

Other than that... You're right, ATLUS/ArcSys would easily be able to put in as many characters as they can. Just wanted to say that the Twitter icon page holds a "hint".

It's not like Arcsys has a thing for hidden unlockable bosses or anything. :)

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Hm, looks like Akihiko has some kind of "LV" counter above his super bar. Wonder what he levels?

Nighteyedie
May 30, 2011
After Playing New Vegas, Akhiko just reminds of Caesar's Legion now, especially with that cape.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Nighteyedie posted:

After Playing New Vegas, Akhiko just reminds of Caesar's Legion now, especially with that cape.

But his VA only did NCR characters!

quote:

Yeah I stopped playing P4 after I got the TWEEST spoiled for me during Nanako's dungeon . I should probably finish it someday or watch the anime I guess.

Read the LP? Feinne did an excellent job with it.

Actually I've been really, really wanting to do an LP of P4, but I don't know how you could make it interesting enough to warrant a second go-around. Some kind of challenge, maybe...

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Vengarr posted:

But his VA only did NCR characters!

Read the LP? Feinne did an excellent job with it.

Actually I've been really, really wanting to do an LP of P4, but I don't know how you could make it interesting enough to warrant a second go-around. Some kind of challenge, maybe...

Only use the first Persona you get, grind it up hahaha.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Check it out, screenshots of Akihiko and Mitsuru

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Policenaut posted:

Check it out, screenshots of Akihiko and Mitsuru

Very appreciated man, thanks for 'em!

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:
It looks like in one of those shots, Rise is giving commentary or something?

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Arcaeris posted:

It looks like in one of those shots, Rise is giving commentary or something?

Yeah, she's there to pop in and give random commentary, kind of like Hype Girl from the Marvel Vs Capcom series.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
So is Kanji's ending going to be him walking onto Akihiko and going "...Father?".

Because you could have fooled me.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I can see some vega/balrog/bison arguments coming out of this game re: p4 protagonist.

I am on the Charlie Tunoku side of that fight.

I know a lot of people that are interested in this game that do not give 2 shits about fighting games simply due to being Persona. I myself hope simply that its more on the A team side of arc system works(like GG), rather than being one of their "we're doing this simply to make money" games like Sengoku basara or Fist of the north star.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Nov 21, 2011

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
HNK is probably the best fighting game ever made and you shouldn't mention it in the same sentence as SBX. It is also easily superior to Blazblue and probably also this game.

Here's the best example (beware Japanese tournament announcer getting hype): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V3O9dDj4Ck

This is a video of someone playing the worst character in the game, also featuring Japanese commentary. Kinda long though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stx003HAlNk&feature=related

Anyway about this game I hope the location tests start soon because learning which Persona characters are in this isn't very interesting at all if I have no inkling as to how effective and fun they are to play in a non-RPG

ThePhenomenalBaby fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Nov 21, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I love HnK but it really is a badly made game. Bad animation, not balance tested in the slightest, and buggy as hell. Trying to play the game at high level is about as unfun as a fighting game can be. People love the game because it's HnK, it's funny, and they don't actually try to play the game at a high level.

SBX is basically the same exact thing except all the horribly broken and unfun stuff is apparent even at the lowest levels of play.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Momomo posted:

For what it's worth, Blazblue in the arcades was released with 10 characters selectable and then 2 more boss characters (In the home release you can select them right away), and I think HNK was also 10 characters. Sprite based games take a while to make from scratch

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

HNK is probably the best fighting game ever made and you shouldn't mention it in the same sentence as SBX. It is also easily superior to Blazblue and probably also this game.

Here's the best example (beware Japanese tournament announcer getting hype): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V3O9dDj4Ck

This is a video of someone playing the worst character in the game, also featuring Japanese commentary. Kinda long though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stx003HAlNk&feature=related

Anyway about this game I hope the location tests start soon because learning which Persona characters are in this isn't very interesting at all if I have no inkling as to how effective and fun they are to play in a non-RPG
These are hilarious but do not make it a good game

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I can bear-ly contain my excitement for this game. Holy mackerel, it looks fun as hell.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

quote:

According to the so far translated character profiles, Akihiko and Mitsuru are now college students working for some organization. However an item is stolen from Mitsuru so she and Akihiko go to Inaba to recover it.

Translation from the Famitsu page that has Akihiko and Mitsuru on it.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Vengarr posted:

P3 was set in 2009, P4 in 2011. :ssh:

I've never played a fighting game in my life but I'm super psyched for this, it looks so good.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't really care for Akihiko and Mitsuru's designs, they both look really silly and I don't understand why Akihiko is not wearing a shirt or why Mitsuru looks like she walked out of a bad 90s comic.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Law posted:

P3 was set in 2009, P4 in 2011. :ssh:

I've never played a fighting game in my life but I'm super psyched for this, it looks so good.

P3/P4 spoilers:

P3 begins in 2009 and ends in 2010, P4 begins a year later in 2011 and ends in 2012. Mayonaka Arena takes place two months after the end of P4, so the cast of P3 would be sophomores in college (since they graduated high school in the spring of 2010). So I should have said that P4 begins a year after the end of P3.

:eng101:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
So we have confirmation as to why Mitsuru and Akihiko are in the game now. Did we ever hear why Aigis is hanging around? I'm sure there's tons of speculation, but I don't remember hearing an official reason.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
^^^^

Don't know and don't care at this point. Just them being there is all kinds of badass. Also I would like to see Margret and Elizabeth in this in some way.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Akihiko is not wearing a shirt

Well, I'd guess it's because he's a boxer, and typically boxers don't wear a shirt when they fight?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

High resolution screens of Akihiko and Mitsuru

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arcaeris posted:

Well, I'd guess it's because he's a boxer, and typically boxers don't wear a shirt when they fight?

Was he not a boxer in P3 also?

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Akihiko appears to have a unique mechanic, some tornado icon with a level indicator on it near his SP bar.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

New location test coming next week!

We'll probably get to see Akihiko and Mitsuru footage here.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I know I'm lookin' forward to seeing the entire cast, though I'd laugh if Akihiko and Mitsuru this time around were locked, but everyone's (favorite? disliked?) robot, Aigis, is the popular one to use.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Is it strange I'm more interested in seeing the rest of the casts alt colors before seeing how they actually play?

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

As of today, we're only missing two titles from the cast, Aigis' and Mitsuru's. To add with that, Teddie's the Beast of Libido, and Akihiko's The Protein Junkie With Strong Fists. ... I remember hearing that Teddie's the one comin' up with these, but why would he call himself the Beast of Libido? Who knows!, maybe December will be home to some info about the game's plot?

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Friday Friday in the club on Friday, we we we so excited

LightningKimba posted:

I remember hearing that Teddie's the one comin' up with these, but why would he call himself the Beast of Libido? Who knows!, maybe December will be home to some info about the game's plot?

It's because Teddie is the man.

If Teddie's taunt doesn't say "Come on baby, don't fight over me" or something similar I'm cancelling my pre-order

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Sword + fur coat lady is cool whats her story?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Niddhogg posted:

Persona 3. Persona 3 is her story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Niddhogg posted:

:eng101: She was the original leader of SEES (Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad) before the MC of P3 came into town, and is not only the valedictorian in her grade, but also the class president, AND the captain of the fencing team (Which is why she uses fencing weapons).

To make a long story short, she fought Shadows the most out of SEES, because of how she's the child of the head of the Kijiro Group, who originally discovered these mental bad boys. As I written in the OP, she uses ice spells, and also has some status changing ones, and she's a pretty cool girl.

• Locked thread