Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

A Persona fighter made by Arc Systems Works?

I can BEARly believe it!

Also this looks like the spiritual successor to the fantastic Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fighter.

randombattle fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Oct 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

LightningKimba posted:

Well maybe we just went from The Journey to The Answer now to The Question: Why did Aigis take that train over to Inaba?

She heard how popular Yu is and since popularity leads to intimacy she just had to find out for herself.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Crappy Jack posted:

It's practically unbearable.

I can bearly believe you went there. That really is gonna make some people furious.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Sex_Ferguson posted:

As cool of an idea as this is I can't imagine them giving him a practical moveset considering he neither has no persona or real fighting skills beyond "gun".

His normals are all "Make you feel bad for Nanako" and his persona is all "make you feel even badder for Nanako."

Ultimate finisher is "tell you about his dead wife."

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

This takes place after the events of P4, right? Maybe he awakens to a Persona postgame after finding out about the TV World and then hangs out with the Scooby Gang. Totally plausible, shut up. :colbert:

I don't think so he doesn't seem like a persona guy.

I think his persona moves would be Nanako comes out and everyone has to stop fighting in front of her.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

So hang on does the story really end with Yu going Investigation Team is back together! and not doing anything about the mysterious voice or anything that happened? I thought he's supposed to be the main character but the story just sort of stops.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

No Mods No Masters posted:

Can you really blame people? The P4 cast all have pretty mean/embarrassing titles, but the non-P4 guys got off pretty much scott free. Fix your game atlus :colbert:
Man gently caress that Yu/Charlie is the motherfucking king man.

Raidou would be too over powered because he the best at everything ever.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Cityinthesea posted:

Argh! I'm at 99% for the story mode, uh I guess these are spoilers, I've done Yukiko's, Kanji's, Chie's bad end, I assume Yu has one?

Each dialog choice in Yu's story counts towards the total progress. He doesn't have any alternate paths though it's pure dialog changes.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Man I change titles practically matchly. I've got Japan's Best Beard right now but I only played a match or two with that one. There is just so much potential for awesome titles. It's funny stringing together the super long ones and making it so long it spreads onto the persona cards but ultimately I prefer the short ones that show up on the title card with out being cut off.

Anything with the words lowfat milk, janitorial, or insurance are usually pretty great. You can't go wrong with something like Self-proclaimed Insurance Man. Oh I hope salesman is in there somewhere...

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Countblanc posted:

Short hop the grab, or just poke at him if he gets close enough. Yu's normals are a lot faster than Kanji's longer range C attacks, and outrange his A and B attacks pretty well. You can also do Raging Lion or Swift Strike, or even just B+D him. It's actually pretty hard to grab someone off paralyze, since that's exactly what they're expecting you to do and will make every effort to avoid the situation (which is why you'll see a lot of better Kanjis walk up and bait B+Ds and stuff because people get really nervous in that situation).

Raging Lion and whatever the electric slide is called are some of the most amazing get in close skills. I find a lot of people underestimate Yu's ability to close the distance and put up a fight at all ranges. All of his specials come out so drat fast you can almost instantly attack any area with one of his specials. A lot of people I see with Kanji try to spam grabs over and over and it is just so easy to strike from out of range with Yu. The bounce on the raging lion is amazing for that since you can rush in while they are bouncing and set up for some combos. Combine that with tossing Izanagi out somewhere in the field for a delayed attack makes it just brutal to try to spam grabs against Yu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Well, Nyarlathotep would know all about SEES and the investigation team since he's half of the collective unconscious. Like Philemon, he's always watching. He may have been defeated in Persona 2 and is likely weaker because of it, but he can never be destroyed. If Erebus can regenerate in a single year, then Nyarlathotep probably can as well to an extent.

Also, it's probably not canon but in the Persona 3 novel it's implied he was the one that told Mitsuru's grandfather about the shadows and guided him to instigate the Fall.

As for Labrys being put in the TV, she herself has a Persona so I'd imagine she could literally be tossed in regardless of who's tossing her.

So how do you unlock more title options? I barely have any more than I started with. Ham Ham Ham will have to do for now.

Eh I have my doubts about these things... I think everyone is forgetting that the mysterious people did all of this to get at the Investigation Team and not at the ex-SEES people. I mean Laybris' shadow was doing everything they wanted in drawing the Investigation Team into the TV world and everything got screwed up because no one intended for the Shadow Ops guys to come to Inaba and figure out the TV world.

Seems way more likely that it was another Adachi style of cases where the bad guy is going after personal objectives. It just doesn't seem Nyarlathotep's style given his plans in the other games. It's always been larger and more about society as a whole. This time it seems to be entirely personal against the Investigation Team and guiding Laybris' shadow into a situation where it could do the most damage to them and only them just seems unlike other Persona bad guys.

Let's also not forget that the bad guys weren't transforming into anyone or anything like Nyarl has done before. It seem to straight up be just an illusion like putting a piece of paper over a tv screen. If Nyarl could just show up and look like someone there wouldn't be a need for Laybris' ability to make illusions.

randombattle fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 14, 2012

• Locked thread