Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Akihiko appears to have a unique mechanic, some tornado icon with a level indicator on it near his SP bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Is it strange I'm more interested in seeing the rest of the casts alt colors before seeing how they actually play?

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

rivals posted:

A small amount of loctest footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4yqL8I39sg4

Huh, Teddie's head partially comes off for a second... but no blonde bishie can be seen.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Junpei is just biding his time, waiting to be the first DLC character in a combo pack with his best bud Koromaru.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Isn't Mitsuru's reason for being in Inaba is that she's looking for a certain "something"? Labrys is probably that something. But really, another robot girl? That's supposedly been the student council president at Yasogami High? I can take alot of bullshit and go with it but this is crossing the line.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
She probably will, she has that persona charges/life under her lifebar the rest of the characters do. Or she does something different (Boss character bullshit?), but it will function the same way as personas and can't be used if she's out of charges.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Arcade mode last boss spoilers: It's Labrys, or Shadow Labrys anyways - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0ms4sIP8Zk the arena is apparently Robot Hell

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/20/persona-4-arena-adds-elizabeth-and-playable-shadow-labrys-to-the-roster/

Elizabeth to be added on April 5th, uses Thanatos as her Persona. Labrys becomes playable tomorrow.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
It seems since Labrys and her Shadow have different Personas they're counted as different characters. Which makes me wonder if they'll do something like this for other characters, Naoto and Yosuke for example have evolved personas that could lead to very different attacks (Susano-O having that saw blade ring that Jiraiya doesn't, and Yamato-Takeru being twice the size of Sukuna-Hikona).

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
If her Instant Kill isn't the 9,999 damage Pixie I'll be very disappointed in Atlus.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Huh, another "main character". Let's see, Elizabeth has shown up and brought Thanatos. Another "main character". I know where this is going and I don't like it.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

ImpAtom posted:

It's Dante, ported over from Nocturne.

But seriously, if this leads to any bullshit involving reviving Minato I'm gonna be pretty let down. It'd defeat the entire point of Persona 3.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Here's just the instant kill - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN0afePxuo0&feature=relmfu
Disappointing it doesn't involve the Pixie, but it's still the 9,999 Megidoloan.

Edit: And that'll teach me to refresh a page first before posting anything.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Well her "Trial of the Dragon" DVD in the Japanese version was just plainly a Bruce Lee movie, so it's not that surprising. What is weird is the fact Chie owns some maracas.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Here's her instant kill - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfeEfFwfxm0

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
More then likely it's probably going to be some more Persona 3 characters (My money is on Junpei, Yukari, and Koro) added first, and P3's Navigator Fuuka as an option instead of Rise.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Cleretic posted:

I'd call Yukari unlikely - isn't she an alternate costume for Chie?

Shadow Labrys has Aigis as an alt color, so I wouldn't use that as a gauge for characters being in or out.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6s0nyQl6l1qi8w2mo1_500.jpg

Might be a bit hard to see, but at the bottom you can see part of Fuuka's head so she's been added as one of the announcers. Also the guy that posted this is claiming Nanako is another announcer.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

As far as characters go, I think we're pretty much guaranteed to get at least two out of Junpei, Yukari, and Kuromaru. Other than that, who knows. As long as it isn't Ken.

I still can't see Koromaru being a character all on his own, unless they supersize him for hitbox balance purposes. I can see him being involved with Junpei's attacks somehow though if Junpei is added.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Cleretic posted:

Looks like it's part of a cutscene.

Linking because while I don't know the context, this might be spoiler-y

Looks like Junpei in the hat to the right of Mitsuru, same general silhouette and pose. Some of the others look like they should be recognizable, but not by me.

Directly behind Junpei(If that is him, but it's very likely it is him with the baseball cap and all) looks to be Yukari to me, and the girl on the far left seems like Fuuka too me.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Cityinthesea posted:

Here's hoping her voice acting isn't as weird as it was last time I guess.

Her new lines in P3P were pretty good, she just had terrible directing in the initial PS2 version it seems. Also a clearer and full image of her new look - http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/018/215/l_5006b641ec95c.jpg

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

404GoonNotFound posted:

It is against a CERTAIN ENTITY in Story Mode :ssh:

I think he's getting at the fact it's in the single player mode, yet you can't pick it for online fights. It is a bit weird too, that P4's normal boss theme isn't selectable, but the final boss theme is selectable for online matches.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Spiffo posted:

Spoiler Stuff

There's one problem with it being Takaya, the guy mentions he doesn't have a Persona. Which leads me to think of Ikutsuki instead. Yeah I know last time we saw him he was shot and fell off a part of Tartarus, but again divine intervention of sorts could keep him alive, he fits as well - he knows about the Kirijo group stuff and even kept lots of it secret from Mitsuru and was also pretty crazy about Nyx as well. .

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

404GoonNotFound posted:

Actually, "Shadow Chie" was just another Shadow Labrys illusion, like Nanako in Yu's storyline.

The rest of the character stories make it quite clear whenever you see Shadow "Not Labrys", it was Nyarlyothep. Kanji's event makes it the most obvious when the fake Shadow Kanji plainly states in the post fight stuff about turning personas back into shadows.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Yeah don't bother with Mamudoon or Mahamaon, you'll never land them outside some very elaborate combos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Manoueverable posted:

I know I probably won't get a good answer, but somebody please tell me Score Attack gets at least a little easier after CPU Yosuke's complete bullshit.

Cause if that's the only way I'll get the extra Navigator voices, gently caress it, I'll just get some points and buy them.

Haha, if only.

Yosuke and Naoto are there to trick into thinking you might be able to beat Score Attack one day. Then Yukiko kills you from full health in one combo.

• Locked thread