Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

LightningKimba posted:

And then his Awakening is even more Gaea Rage.

Edited the OP with some specials/etc of the cast, and put in the Game Mechanics known so far.

Probably too detailed to put in the op, but we also know so far that the game has BlazBlue style throws (~8F startup, ~13F break window) and Fatal Counter (certain moves on counterhit cause +2F hitstun for the entire duration of the combo).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Kanji has his coat-cape thing as well. Must be the current fashion trend in Japan.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

LightningKimba posted:

Like I pointed out before, the Twitter Icon section has 3 unknown slots, and Mitsuru/Akihiko would fill up 2. There's one left, so I'm assuming Marie or someone might be it.

Other than that... You're right, ATLUS/ArcSys would easily be able to put in as many characters as they can. Just wanted to say that the Twitter icon page holds a "hint".

It's not like Arcsys has a thing for hidden unlockable bosses or anything. :)

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I love HnK but it really is a badly made game. Bad animation, not balance tested in the slightest, and buggy as hell. Trying to play the game at high level is about as unfun as a fighting game can be. People love the game because it's HnK, it's funny, and they don't actually try to play the game at a high level.

SBX is basically the same exact thing except all the horribly broken and unfun stuff is apparent even at the lowest levels of play.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Truspeaker posted:

I loved GG and I loved BB, no idea why you would say that.

Because generally speaking it was true. Tons of GG players really hated BB and there was a big shitfit about the whole thing.

And while S-Alpha is probably right about this game being more BB than GG, P4U already looks WAY faster than BB is, and that's saying something because bad players almost always make a game look a lot slower. That's a pretty big step in the right direction IMO.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

S-Alpha posted:

The fate of all grapplers in this type of game, I'm afraid. :smith:

Well... Potemkin was drat good in AC and pretty solid in many of the other GG games. Mr. Heart was very solid, if extremely difficult to use.

I feel like they just had a lot of hatred for Tager or something because everything about him is bad, and they even made some stuff worse over the iterations.

I don't think Kanji looks like his moveset is that bad so far, but that really was the worst phrase they could possibly use to describe him.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Waterbed posted:

or get into range.

I would very much describe that as a mobility problem.

Rest of your points are of course correct, Tager's problem was that literally everything about him was bad.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

So the game has a Guilty Gear style burst and a alpha counter that takes life? Sure.

I think there are actually normal Guard Cancels, and then also R Actions, which are the special moves that give yourself blue damage. I don't think R Actions can be used as GCs.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

darealkooky posted:

So you can mash one button and get a full combo into a super. This isn't a easy mode option or anything, just something you can do.

Sure, but it's a bad combo and basically just a thing for beginners to use anyway.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Somehow I had missed that this game had short hops and rolls in it. There sure are a god drat lot of multi-button inputs in this.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I think this is all of them ...

A+B = Focus Crush
2A+B = Sweep
6A+B = Guard Cancel

A+C = Roll
2A+C = Mini-jump
j.A+C = Air Turn

B+D = R Action

C+D = Throw
Command + C+D = Skill Boost

A+C+D = Burst
A+B+C = 1-More Cancel

A+B being sweep and an overhead combo starter is very GGX-like. With universal standing overheads, mini-jumps, big advantage persona attacks and rolling, this game is not looking like it will have any lack of ways to mix up people.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Seems strange they didn't add an E button to this honestly.

I was wondering the same thing.

I am also wondering why the hell they made Throw C+D, and made Guard Cancels and Dust-like attacks A+B. That's so completely backwards, it just boggles my mind.

Trying to go from KOF to this game would be a nightmare.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I kind of like the new character :goleft:

Looks like she will be a heavy hitter style character as well so double bonus for me I guess.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Spiking posted:

Dislikes: The button setup really is annoying. It took me like 3 games to find sweep (2 + a + b) since I didn't have an Iphone or anything. Also with this four button setup and so many double button presses I found myself often pressing the wrong double button input. I even got some accidental bursts trying to tech, ugh. Fat fingers to blame there.

Yeah I was expecting this after seeing all of those button combos earlier. HnK had the exact same problem of confusing inputs, and it had far less button combos than this game does.

quote:

It's even easier to react to than slow GG dusts because when you use it your character FLASHES white like HEY HERES AN OVERHEAD and they are pretty slow. On the other hand they have a hit of super armor? These seemed best to use if you thought your opponent was gonna use his ghetto DP as all I saw were just 1 hit.

Didn't know about the super armor, that sounds really drat useful actually. Even if they are slow to startup, can you get an idea of how safe they are on block?

quote:

Grabs are good. I couldnt tell how fast they were. Good range though. Also good damage, sometimes combos. Felt kind of like GG but longer range I wanna say?

That would be a huge change from the beta, where they were basically identical to BB. ~8F startup, ~13F throw break window. Of course there might be other factors involved (like very little throw invulnerability out of guard stun or something like that).

quote:

I really like the A A A A combos for bad players though. THATS something that is a good idea as opposed to like "make all the characters walk really slow". Actually for Yukiko it would combo right into an Auto super cancel lol. These combos are not very good though. No damage.

Pretty sure every character should be able to auto combo into their super with this, as long as you have the meter. That's what I gathered at least, it would be strange if someone couldn't.

quote:

She's really a day one monster though because she has a rekkas? or something, that she can blockstring into, that goes high, low, and if either hits, combo. There's no space to do anything before the high or the low. She's super punishable after the low but she has a third followup rekka that she can punch which will beat your button. This one is punishable too but, players were doing good mindgames with just doing the high, going high low stop, doing all three and One More cancelling into another high rekka, etc, so I was usually kind of afraid to try a punish.

Have you tried using your R Action to option select against this? It would really depend on how safe Chie is on block of the various parts of the rekkas, but in theory since R Action doesn't come out if you don't leave guard stun, you could use it to fish for gaps or unsafe stops.

Might not work, but worth trying to get a good idea of what the SD actually is on those various rekka hits.

On this note, can you One More Cancel your R Action? That would be worth knowing as well.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

If you get a chance, can you test some specifics on how Mini-Jump works in this game? Like, do you get all of your normal jump options off it (double jump, air dash, air turn, etc)? Does it have any additional land recovery if you do nothing off it? Can you cross up knocked down bodies with it? Can you do some really dumb poo poo like knock someone down, minijump->air turn->crossup oki?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

On top of that, you seem to get back half the skulls you were missing each round anyway.

Not entirely sure what that 100SP super is doing so far. It seems to just setup a bunch of crosshairs and if you happen to be in one for too long you die? But the crosshairs form a really simple pattern, and it has about 3 seconds of startup. Looks kind of awkward to punish though, Naoto doesn't have a collision box or anything.

She will probably annoy people a lot until they learn how to move and not eat random bullets.

Also, keep in mind that unlike HnK, this game has Burst, so you will have an extra tool to escape IK combos.

I'm trying to figure out if there are any rules as to how many skulls things deal, like there were in HnK.

Something else odd I noticed, chip damage acts as blue life in this game.

It's kind of hard to tell from the video but throws actually look like they have pretty fast startup. That may actually just be that they work well off of dashes though, sort of reminds me of Melty Blood. The break time looks pretty long still, but considering you get combos off a number of them, doesn't seem that bad.

Also an extra thing about One More Cancel: You can use it for 50 SP, but you can ALSO use your Burst meter to do it too if you don't have enough SP.

On the subject of Burst, the recharge time is REALLY long. I saw Chie use a One More Cancel and it took 60 seconds to recharge. Red Burst seems to take about 45 seconds?

Gold Burst, appears to be similar to GG in that if you connect with it successfully, you get 1/4 or so of it refilled. So it appears to take about 45 seconds if it does connect, 60 seconds if it doesn't.

These numbers may not be right at all though, as Burst recharge time might be based on other factors, like in GG where there are like 6 different things that effect it.

Negative Penalty is back! :I

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 2, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Instant Kill conditions are match point, and 100 SP. Naoto, Aegis and Kanji all seem to have them, maybe the whole cast does? Don't know any of the inputs for them though. Tried something dumb like 236236A+B+C+D ?

You can definitely combo into the Mudoon beam pretty easy. Hama I don't know about, but it looks like a super that you can use really well as oki or pressure in general, since it holds them in place for a long time. So do Hama, then a mixup while they are blocking.

The traps look really threatening at first but so it seems you can beat them by just hitting them. Mitsuru in specific can stuff those ground traps really easy with her fast low jab. Much like testament though, you can do really silly things like setup traps, throw them into them, then continue a combo off of them. I've seen 5 skull combos like this, maybe if you end with that super or gunshots you could get more?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I bet this is going to lead to some serious Toki bullshit.

Well, on top of the requirements being a bit steep, some of them have really awful properties as well. Really long or very obvious startup and all that.

Some of them look like they are really good though, like Chie or Aegis's. One thing we don't know yet though, is if you can even combo into them or not.

Hey Spiking, what are the properties on Yukiko's Fire Boost/Amp and Fire Break specials? I haven't seen anyone even attempt to use them yet.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 4, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Spiking posted:

Fire boost is really easy to throw out and safe. You can cancel into it at the end of combo chains and stuff and easily sneak a charge. I still can't tell what the bonus is, though.

As per the OP, apparently an increase in damage, size, and chip of all Agi-based attacks. You can stack it up to 6 times, so it's probably something like a 10% damage increase for each level. Any idea when it decreases? On knockdown, or on use would be pretty likely I guess.

Spiking posted:

Also GB the UoH is unsafe vs Mitsu because of her jab. At least Naoto's is. Maybe some are safe. They're real different. Kanji's is complete rear end. Chie and Mitsu have faster gooder ones.

UoH is Universal Overhead? If so, it's seeming like the real attractive feature of those is that they all have some degree of auto-guard. Yukiko's looks like an obvious reference to Anji's 6H because of that.

I wouldn't be surprised if many were punishable on block given how much auto-guard they have.

Edit: Also I take back what I said about Chie's IK looking really good. It's actually got a lot of startup too, it's not until the dragon comes out where it actually goes active. However, it's still fast enough that you could use it in reaction to certain other really slow things.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 5, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

S-Alpha posted:

You know, since it's still the early days of the game, I would think that there'd be a bit more variety in who's getting played, but it all seems to be Mitsuru, Naoto, Kanji, and Chie. I want to see some Yosuke and Akihiko action.

There was a bunch of Yosuke and Teddy in this set:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F_s0An2EaU

There are 6 parts and they sort of show up at random in there. The Teddy player is actually pretty good, the Yosuke is decent enough to be worth a look.

Here's a new series from yesterday that has some variety:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeYFTRFrPlk - Chie, Aigis, Akihiko, Kanji, Yu
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60l33jPZ75Y - Aigis, Mitsuru, Yosuke
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS3c_-sDPCM - Yukiko, Akihiko, Chie
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p1eLbesHks - Aigis, Yukiko
Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuYXH8-GJvE - Chie, Kanji, Yukiko, Mitsuru
Part 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMUp9U89XY0 - Jam, Potemkin, Yukiko, Mitsuru

Part 3, first time I've actually seen a Fatal Counter used, it did a poo poo load of damage (~50% life for 25 SP). There seems to be a pretty fair amount of situational combos starting to show up now, since the corner, awakening, and fatal counter all give you different possible combos.

Pretty okay Aigis play in some of those. She has so many crazy good looking moves, but it seems like it must be really hard to put them together well.

Another important snippet from Part 6: Kanji can cancel his R Action into a super on block. I'm betting that means other characters can as well.

To answer my own question, Yukiko's Fire Boost stay until the end of the round. Looks like you can get them in really easily by using her delayed Agi's. Looked like a fairly reliable method was her long mid screen combo ended in an Agi setup, Boost, release Agi, Boost again.

Oh right, Aigis is the robot, Aegis is the reflector.
VVVVV

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 6, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

For Spiking and any other Yukiko fans out there, Yukiko has an unblockable setup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT8-b21LZGg#t=1m13s

Her Persona dive attack (5D) hits high. The Anji similarities go farther than her A+B attack so it seems. It doesn't look rock solid by any means, but it's still another super nasty tool for her.

Hopefully it ends up being like Anji's unblockable in that it's good but far from game breaking or anything. Right now Yukiko is looking really tops though, should be interesting to see how things keep evolving.

Edit: Oh yeah, thanks to [SpA]Relentless on DL for the find.

Also, the input for all IKs is 222C+D.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 7, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

They use Power Charge to extend the length of a combo basically. It's better than using God Fist because it does more damage, gets them closer to the corner, and it leaves you powered up afterwards.

As to why they'd do it at the end of a round instead of God Fist, probably just out of habit or wanting to be 100% certain they get enough damage.

I'm wondering why I haven't seen a single Guard Cancel at all yet. Probably just people slow to start using defensive options. I'm betting you can likely make use of them to beat some of Yukiko's unblockable setups. Depending on the invincibility, I'm wondering if some of them can make it through Maragidynes without getting hit.

As an extra thought on this, do Guard Cancels do damage? If so, can you use them to knock off a player's Blue life?

Also on that note, anyone have idea how much invincibility backdashes have?

Edit: Finally saw a Guard Cancel! They do 0 damage, no idea what effect they have Blue life though.

Also I was wrong about Yukiko's charge, you can go above Level 6. Is the max maybe 9?

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 7, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yes I'm pretty sure he is. The game runs on NESiCA, and I don't think there are any setups outside of Japan that have that.

Also asking about rips is :filez:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I dunno about the scene at large, but Kaqn is definitely playing this game and he's the first good Aigis player we've seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP75HJhBiUY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3PApktwFqU

(Fairly decent Yosuke player in there too for those who've been wanting one of those)

Also I absolutely love the tactic of damaging yourself with R Actions to get yourself into Awakened mode. Hilarious and very risk/rewardy.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 9, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah, super high speed and trickery, he's the 'ninja' character of the game. He has a sort-of Alpha Blade style move that's safe on block, and the EX version covers the whole screen lightning fast and is VERY invincible. He also has a lot of air control with those weird jump over moves of his and his kunai toss, and also he has an air move that hits low by teleporting him to the ground, but it's crazy unsafe on block.

He also has some weird parry kind of things where he trips the other person? Not sure how those work exactly though. And he has some sort of full screen command grab, though it has a lot of startup so I'm not sure what all it's useful for.

Plus one of his supers just makes him even faster on top of that. :I

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I said come in! posted:

So is this like the Blazblue games where the arcade versions run on Windows in the background?

Yeah, it runs on Taito's Type X2 which is Windows.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Aigis + Orgia Mode + EX Megido = A whole lotta pain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJXd57OLjZU#t=0m36s

Didn't see him attempt to use a second EX Megido in there, I wonder what kind of numbers you could get with another one.

Edit: Oh cool an Akihiko that knows something finally! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DEci2QP-PM#t=0m48s

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 13, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Patch v1.01 coming out soon:

Ronove posted:

- During a player's ground wake up at the end of the animation (when the character is touching the ground after getting up) even if he doesn't guard in the first three frames he is still invincible to throws.
- Again, during ground's wake up "landing" phase or during a jump landind phase if the player holds jump-back the character will jump again rather than guarding (in case the opponent is attacking).
- Depending on the move performed right after his Sukakaja super, Yosuke won't remain stiff/unable to move as he lands on ground at the end of Sukukaja's animation.
- Version A of Chie's Charge Super doesn't stack up to the MAX anymore.
- Fixed a problem where Yukiko's fan couldn't be easily seen in a specific stage.
- Again regarding Yukiko, both when doing 5C>5D or 2C>2D it is not possible anymore to cancel it into the sweep (2+A+B) or into the All-Out Rush (A+B).
- An additional input is still needed to provoke an explosion when Teddie performs the D air version of his Tomahawk close to the ground.
- Regarding Naoto, they corrected a problem where the timing of her Mudoon IK used at the end of a combo was somehow unnatural (:psyduck:)
- Fixed a typo in the title

Thanks to Ronove from DL for the translation.

Mostly just bug fixes and a few minor tweaks it looks like.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah he did the music, though I can't find the article where they mentioned that either. Might have been in one of the Famitsu scans.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

^^^^^
Wow how bout that.

Here's some crappy arcade mode footage of playable Labrys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ39g0FNU8U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6DjYcUZNCA

So far we have...
- Huge loving normals that are also really fast.
- A chargeable unblockable.
- A really dumb loop that does no damage.
- Spencer style zip-line special move. Awesome.
- Some really crazy/huge projectiles.
- Trap setup that holds them in place. This looks really nasty.

Yeah I definitely think this is the character I've been waiting for.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

A short VS video of Labrys vs Teddie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DInTtYWsPt0

Also there is a weird rumor that there is a reference to another "main character" in the game's web site data. Could be nothing though I guess...

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Cityinthesea posted:

Main character huh...

It's obviously Raidou Kuzanoha, with Raiho as his persona.

Demifiend. Gotta be.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Axle_Stukov posted:

But seriously, if this leads to any bullshit involving reviving Minato I'm gonna be pretty let down. It'd defeat the entire point of Persona 3.

I agree, hopefully it's just a rumor.

There's going to be a whole huge story mode for the game once it hits consoles though, so who the hell knows what will happen!

Cityinthesea posted:

Who would Demifiend use as his... Persona though? Raidou would also fit the aesthetic of Persona 4 better.

I imagine him to be just like Bristol from Groove on Fight. Basically all of his normals and special moves are all different demons.

Either that or it'd just be a ludicrously broken Pixie. That would be fun too.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Xlyfindel posted:

Thanks for that, its a fighting game so I guess they'll do whatever the hell they want story wise. Stories in fgs are never exactly stellar anyway.

Actually the story and characters are all handled by the people who did P4. The fighting game is canon.

Supposedly the story mode for this is going to be even bigger than BB, so it could be pretty interesting to see what they do with it.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

There are a bunch of damage scaling mechanics at work there so I'll try to hit them all...

- Move Proration. Works a lot like GG or BB. Lighter normals, especially lows ones, scale damage harder than heavy ones. So starting a combo from a 2A or 5A means your combo is going to do a lot worse damage than starting from a B or other heavy normal.

- Awakening is the only form of "guts" in this game. It's a hard 62.5% scaling when activated. There are no health ranges other than this. If you are being hit in a combo, it will not activate until you escape from it.

- One More Burst, reverses damage and tech prorating by a little bit. Works pretty much identically to the BB version. Very, very risky, but can give you some crazy strong combos.

- No-Tech scaling. If you don't tech a combo and thus get a 'yellow' combo, damage/tech reverse prorates to some degree. It doesn't seem like that much though.

- Super Scaling? Still not 100% sure on this, but supers might scale damage differently than other things? This is how it was in GG, maybe BB as well? I wouldn't be surprised by other weird rules related to supers, since Yukiko's Fire Boost works differently with Supers than it does with Specials.

- Counter Hit, does not affect scaling, but does an extra 10% damage on the first hit. Fatal Counter does the same, but adds extra hit-stun for the rest of the combo.

- Also worth noting, different characters have different health levels. As examples, Naoto and Yukiko have the worst life at 8.5k, Akihiko has the best life at 10.5k.

- Labrys in specific has an additional form of scaling. Her 'Axe Level' effects how much damage she does, as well as hitstun caused and some other stuff. She has five levels, Grey, Blue, Green, Yellow, Red, in order of weakest to strongest. She builds it up by simply swinging her axe (hit/wiff/block doesn't matter). If you are at Yellow or Red, it will rapidly drain back down to Green.

You can 'bank' in on it by doing one version of her Rush super. This does a completely stupid amount of damage at Red level (see 0:45 in that video), but resets her Axe level back to Grey.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 26, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Made a minor correction there to her Axe mechanics there...

Labrys seems really, REALLY good right now. Her Axe level just powers up for doing what you'd normally be doing. Her normals are amazing, her combos build a ton of meter and seem really straight forward. Her R-Action is pretty decent (free combos on CH), as is her Beatdown Rush. Even her Persona skills are pretty good!

S-Alpha posted:

Edit: Reading through the other stuff, it does seem like they're mostly running with the same basic mechanics as BB, which is to be expected. I think there's some stuff with forcing FC, too, but I couldn't really say too much about that with the videos that are out.

The mechanics are kind of half way between BB and GG but also a lot different from either of those. Bursts are like GG in that they recharge, but like BB in that you can use them offensively. Teching is sort of like BB in that you can get OTG relaunched, but like GG in that there are no special teching directions or whatever. Throws are 2 buttons, but much better than BB ones, and there's no "purple" throws or whatever.

On top of that, there's no Faultless Defense variant at all, and there are Rolls, short hops, air turns, Persona Breaks, and all that other new stuff. So it's KIND OF like BB and GG, but also pretty significantly different.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 26, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

S-Alpha posted:

Fatal counter.

Anyways, yeah, after looking at stuff, it seems that all out rushes force FC, even on non-CH combos. Or at least Akihiko's does. You can see it at 11 minutes into this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59q8fsyV0HM

Yup you're correct, if you land the max number of hits on your Beatdown Rush before finishing it, you force a Fatal Counter. That goes for every character.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Spiking posted:

Yea I know about those. Its just dudes posting on BBS like us but popular opinion is pretty settled. Theres probably some new stuff to discover but, it would have to be a gamebreaking change or bug to change the tiers as is, since most of what makes the good chars good is just the basics.

While you're right about things being pretty settled, I definitely feel like there is a ton left to discover and use in this game. Probably nothing super game changing, but there are a lot of weird things here and there that people aren't really exploring still.

Also being that this is Arcsys, god only knows how many balance tweaks they'll make to the game. They've already done a few for the arcade version.

quote:

B-:
Akihiko, Teddie
Akihiko has subpar normals and just isn't very scary. His tools are cool individually but don't seem to make a complete package. Teddie is good at zoning but doesn't have damage or mixup and some chars can outzone him IMO. However his unblockable safe super is really loving stupid.

Although the funny thing is, Yukiko can 100% ignore this super and any setups related to it by just using Dia, since the super counts as a Projectile and so do all of Teddie's items.

quote:

C:
Yukiko
Everyone seems to think she's weaker and I don't really agree but I see the point. I think she's the most likely to move up though. Really unique character. But yeah, she doesn't really have damage, mixup pretty weak, and this is not a game where zoning is strong. And her life is low. Also she's probably in the worst situation of anyone if she gets persona broke and its most likely to happen to her.
Still she has better normals than the B- tier I think, just not much mixup to go with.

IMO Yukiko definitely has a ton of room to move up in tiers. She has a ton of really good stuff that nobody is using very much yet, and she has some really elaborate and advanced combo potential. People weren't even touching Maragi until recently (at least in videos anyway), and that move looks stupidly good for like, everything.

Definitely agree that her average damage output sucks, but her boosted damage on supers is pretty good. Bonus for the fact that she can combo into and out of all of her supers. She's also one of the few characters who actually has a genuinely decent oki game, and has pretty solid momentum in general.

Actually on that note, Spiking if you are still playing Yukiko, can you check a few things for me? I'd like to know...

- What is her 3D? Is it just the far ranged version of her 2D?
- How do you manually detonate her Maragi? Do you hold->release or do you input->press button?
- Can you OMC her Maragi to give it less recovery?
- If you use Fire Break and then EX Agi, do both fireballs become unblockable? Stagger the release of them so you can actually tell, ie do 236A+{B}, }B{
- Is Agidyne effected by Fire Break, and if so, does she have any solid blockstrings into it? Maybe just 2C Agidyne?

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 30, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I knew she was going to have Slayer's lose pose thing. It just makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Edit: I realize this is pretty much exactly what you said, so yes I think you are right. :I

Looks to me though, like a super that forces her lifebar down to Awakening level in blue life. So it's technically free (since you get +50SP when you enter Awakening) and you get access to your Awakening supers and you get your reduced damage. It also looks instantaneous so I guess it might work like a free cancel for combos.

Seems kind of high risk, but might be really useful if you could find the right combo setup.

I'm guessing based on her EX move damage and constantly recharging SP bar that Elizabeth is intended to be the Robo-Ky or Hakumen of this game.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 2, 2012

• Locked thread