Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zarron
Sep 1, 2005
I just bought an eightarc stick and can't wait for this game. Will be awesome.

Thought I hope that they add more persona 3 characters in it. I would love a 3 vs 4 battle. Rise vs Fuuka, Yoskue vs Junpei, Yukiko vs Mitsuru, the list goes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Goddamn it! This is awesome yet now it makes me want to see an all cast persona 3 vs 4 even more.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
^^^^

Don't know and don't care at this point. Just them being there is all kinds of badass. Also I would like to see Margret and Elizabeth in this in some way.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
To me it says a lot when I don't hate or I'm not annoyed by any character in a rpg. (There is always one character that I hate using or hearing about.) Yet, persona 3 and 4 managed to pull this feat off twice. Which is why at this point I don't care who else is in the game. Just add on to the awesome.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
When is this game supposed to drop again? I need to import this immediately once it drops. I hope Altus have a fast way get this over to the states.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Waterbed posted:

Hopefully this game comes out at a reasonable time next year... Really excited for it and the only arcades near me won't get it I'm sure. Doubt anywhere in america besides Texas might buy it honestly.

That's what I am afraid of. If the US get arcade cabinets of this it will be the first (and only) time I will EVER make a road trip to play a game. Because where I live (Ga) wont be getting any. :(

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

LightningKimba posted:

There's a P4U BBS out there that lists down Japanese players impressions of the cast (Or one guy? Can't tell) If anyone wants to translate it, that'd be pretty boss.

EDIT: The Offical site is now only missing one Twitter icon, which means the last dude in the game's definitely someone special. Maybe an original cast member as what was hinted way back when the game was being developed? I have no idea.

Calling it now the boss character is going to be an suped-up version (think of Blazblue Unlimited or Guilty Gear EX/SP mode) of main character from persona 3.

Also, speaking of characters Margret or Elizabeth would be great DLC.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Please have all of the major Persona 3 characters in the console version. :pray: I will become the best player at this game, using only Fuuka if this happens.

I read your first sentence and thought Fuuka. Atlus, make this happen!

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
When is this coming to consoles in Japan? I am going to get this and then both the 360 and PS3 versions when this finally hits the states.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
I'm want to main Mitsuru, Yu and Elizabeth myself.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Choosing a main character in a fighting game without having played it never works out, especially in Arcsys fighters. The systems and gimmicks are pretty pronounced so something that sounds like your playstyle might not actually match the way you play.

I am trying to restrict myself since after playing persona 3 and 4 I would love to play them all.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Policenaut posted:

Arcsys ports pretty much everything to portables now, so it wouldn't be too surprising if like next year there was P4A Extend 3DS/Vita or something.

I thought Atlus had control over the persona series?

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
drat it! Getting so hyped for this game I just pre-ordered this for the 360. (I already bought the PS3 version for this as well.) Should someone start a meta-tag for this game?

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

S-Alpha posted:

Here's a nice, convenient image for the button combinations:

And that's why I'll be setting all my buttons up on the top row. I like having a finger on every button at once, if it can be helped.

Yea, I'm doing that as well. This just seems so uncomfortable trying to play it that way.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
Yea, with this being Atlus I have hope that it will be fixed soon.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

blue font posted:

Psyched for this game, though. Planning on repping Persona 3. Akihiko and Mitsuru were always mainstays in my party, so they'll be the first I'll take a test drive with. I usually avoid jumping on s-tier character bandwagons in most fighting games just out of personal preference, but I don't think that'll dissuade me from using these two this time.

Yea, I am going to use Mitsuru, Naoto and Elizabeth (with Yu every now and again). Manly because I loved all the characters from Persona 3 & 4. drat this may be one of those games where I HAVE to master every character.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
I signed up for this also. Hopefully amazon will ship this in the morning so I'll have time to play it to prepare.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
Amazon just sent me both my PS3 and 360 versions of this game. Also, holy poo poo the manual is huge and in color!

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
I'm having trouble with Mitsuru. Once she gets in I am hosed.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
Just played a few matches with some of you goons. I learned something today. When Elizabeth and dealing with Chie or anyone for that matter. 2B and well B overall is your friend. I will cherish you forever B.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Zexerous posted:

I have a copy of this for 360 now so if you guys are interested in doing a tournament/weekly for it on 360 as well I can stream that with no problems.

edit: 360 not ps3 derp

I'm up for a 360 tourney. Just set a date and time.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
Taking a break from PS3 version at the moment to play the 360 version of the game. Anyone online to play?

Gamertag: txz

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
Any 360 goons still online tonight?

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
If anything I want to have Marie as a playable character once P4G drops.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Sent invite.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
Does anyone have any tips for Elizabeth's challenge No.26? I can't get standing A off in time since it pushes her to far from the target.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
Okay I may have to start working on another character. I like Elizabeth but she really doesn't have anything to deal with high pressure.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Drazko posted:

Ya, good times, would there be any interest in starting up a scrub tournament?

i'm game. send invite.

psn: zarron

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
SA_Spiffo (plays Yukiko)
Fumaofthelake (plays Elizabeth)
RevolverChicken7 (plays Yosuke)
Static_Rook (plays Kanji)
cveachmartin (plays Yukiko?)
Cake__Attack (plays Labrys/Yu)
Drinkmorewater (plays Random)
FreyaXI (hasn't unwrapped game yet)
purgatos (plays Elizabeth/Labrys)
Dezinus (plays jobs)
LawnGnomeAttack (plays Kanji/Chie)
MangaCarta (plays one (1) Labrys combo)
SA_Pause (plays Yukiko)
DarkHamsterlord (plays Smash Bros)
sidereal89 (plays Mitsuru)
Zexerous (plays Chie)
SA_DIZZ (Plays Teddie)
NeoDrazko (Plays Yukiko/Naoto)
MrAristocrates (Plays Kanji)
jmcrofts (plays Kanji)
Antignition (Plays Akihiko)
MotivatedSlacker (plays Mitsuru/Labrys)
zarron (plays Elizabeth/Naoto/Chie)

Added mine to this list

zarron fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Aug 25, 2012

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Waterbed posted:

Xbox Live is like a desert except water is the skill and I am a cactus, camel, canteen and oasis in one.

Well I will be on the 360 version in about 10-15min. if you want to play.

GT: txz

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Manoueverable posted:

I know I probably won't get a good answer, but somebody please tell me Score Attack gets at least a little easier after CPU Yosuke's complete bullshit.

Cause if that's the only way I'll get the extra Navigator voices, gently caress it, I'll just get some points and buy them.

NO. Just no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
It's odd with me because I've had 0 bar connection that were more fluid than 3 bar connections.

• Locked thread