Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1268799/

Harold and Kumar are back for round three, and unfortunately showing their age. This movie just doesn't have the kick of the previous two at all. Also I must be showing my age too because there's just something about constantly giving an infant drugs that just doesn't make me laugh as much as I suppose the film wants me to. But of course there are some good laughs here. Also the 3D, despite being here only to mock the idea, is actually really spot on. I mean it's some really good 3D.

The trailers blew a lot of what you might expect out of proportion. NPH for example is reduced to a dragged out and unfunny musical number. There's too much poo poo going on in the background that the film just seems to forget about, or spends too much time on and then forgets about.

All in all if you do see this film then see it in 3D like it was intended. Other than that wait for it to drop out of theaters and go to DvD probably before the end of the year.

2/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'll begin this review with all my positive praise because as a fan of the series I did think the movie was very funny and worth my $12 and two hour investment on Saturday. There are a lot of great jokes in this movie, and the 3-D is actually used to great effect for some funny gags. It's the most impressed I've been wit 3-D in a movie since Avatar. I would absolutely recommend this movie o anyone who enjoyed the first two Harold and Kumars.

But yeah, it's undeniable that here is something missing the third time around. Everything feels smaller in scale, and the chemistry between Kal Penn and John Cho isn't what it was. Maybe it's that both of them have matured beyond the humor in these movies or something, I don't know, but they worked a lot better as hapless losers than as estranged adult friends. A lot of the race commentary that distinguished the first two films from other stoner comedies is just absent in this one, too.

Still, it's a worthy addition to the Harold and Kumar name, and more importantly, a pretty funny comedy sequel. I don't know how this movie would hold up on a 2-D DVD rental but as a 3-D theater watch I thoroughly enjoyed it. 3/5