Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Join us on IRC!
#sa-mvc3 - Official MvC hype zone!
#goonsgarden - Other fighting game stuff!

Welcome to the Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 thread. The previous thread's multi-part OP focused on establishing the basics of Marvel vs. Capcom for new players. We don't feel like saying all that poo poo again, so this one will be more geared toward what's new and different about the latest version. The old OPs will be linked for posterity at the end of the thread.

Let's start with a little Q&A, shall we?

Q. Wait, didn't this game just loving come out a few months ago?
A. That was vanilla MvC3. The Capcom line is that some of UMvC3's content was supposedly planned as DLC, but then Japan got hit by a volcano or whatever and the development schedule was disrupted. At a certain point it just made more sense to go full-steam-ahead on the MvC3 followup and package the content together rather than releasing scraps of DLC months down the line.
- or -
A. Capcom are a bunch of greedy assholes who just want to gently caress your mouth and steal all of your money by repackaging the same game with a few bells and whistles and selling it back to you. This is the answer for you if you would prefer to pay $5/character for DLC (x 12 new characters) and however much more for new stages, modes, online play options, and engine changes (all of which can't feasibly be done via DLC) instead of $40 for a new game.

On a side note, it has been nine months since the release of vanilla MvC3. For reference, Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting came out eight months after SFII: Champion Edition. Super Street Fighter II was out nine months after that, and Super Turbo was out five months after that. It's not exactly a new precedent for Capcom to release an update within a year of a previous title, so please don't use this thread to bitch about it.

Q. Okay, so what's new and different about "Ultimate"?
A. As suggested above, there are a dozen new characters, some new stages, better online options (they finally added Spectator mode to online matches), and a huge list of balance and system changes that are detailed below. If you hated MvC3, it's not like this is a completely different game, but if you enjoyed it, there is lots to come back to.

Q. I'm interested. When is the game out and where should I buy it?
A.
PS3/360
NA November 15, 2011 :911:
JP November 17, 2011
EU November 18, 2011

PlayStation Vita
NA February 22, 2012
JP December 17, 2011
EU TBA 2012

As for where to buy it, the only preorder incentives are different sets of alternate outfits for your characters (which will inevitably be available via DLC). They are:

Q. Why isn't [Mega-Man/Gene/Gambit/Master Chief/ALF] in this game?
A. Because gently caress you, that's why.

Seriously though, character selection is the result of reconciling what makes sense from the perspectives of marketing, gameplay, and the design team's preferences. Generally speaking, Marvel wants to include characters who have major parts in upcoming movies or comic series, since it's a great opportunity to cross-promote. Similarly, Capcom wants to include characters from staple franchises or those with recent or upcoming games, since it's a good chance to maintain players' consciousness of those characters. And of course, the design team wants to include characters who will be fun to play or who have the potential for interesting and unique gameplay mechanics.

If your favorite character isn't in the game, it's because A. no one gives a poo poo about them, B. they wouldn't bring a playstyle that isn't already well-represented by other characters, or C. Capcom's limited development time meant that they just had to make some tough choices about who to cut, even if they might have turned out to be really fun additions to the cast.

Q. Fine. So who are the new characters?
A. Glad you asked!

by Niddhogg (some contributions by ShadowNinja64 and Brosnan).

Doctor Strange
By The Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth! When I heard that two of my greatest foes were running loose in this game, I knew it was time to put on my leopard skin gloves and leave the Sanctum Sanctorum! Like my mortal enemy Dormammu, I have a wide array of spells to keep my opponents at a safe distance as well as create chaos and confusion. The Sorcerer Supreme is the perfect choice for a thoughtful player.

Firebrand
Graah Graahh Grah! Squak squak Grahk!! Grrrraaaahhhhhkkkkkk Squak!!!
Translation: Hello Humans! Do you like my dance? I call it the “Gargoyle Shimmy!” Anyway, my name’s Firebrand, straight from demon village, and I’m here to harass and annoy everyone. I’ve got a lot of moves that put me in the sky and let me dash around the air. I can vomit fireballs, drag foes across the ground, and even call my buddy for some help! They won’t even know what hit them!
Grak!!!
Translation: Swag!

Ghost Rider
Hey, you! Yeah, you, The Reader. You’re going to hell. Don’t act stupid, you KNOW why. If you want a way out of your damned fate, you’d better help me smash the evil running rampant in this god forsaken game. I prefer to let my chain do my fighting for me, so I can keep the sinful scum at a distance. If they ever sneak their way in close I can summon the fires of hell to send them away. For a last resort I can depend on my bike to plow through projectiles and pick foes off the ground. Choose me so we can send these sinners back where they belong.

Hawkeye
Great Lakes Avengers assemble! Clint here. I can’t let Cap have all the glory now can I? I may not have any *real* powers but I can hang with the best of’em thanks to my legendary archery skills and bottomless bag of trick arrows. I can attack the opponent no matter where they are on the screen and keep’em pinned until they’re down for good. This leader of Avengers B-teams is great for players that like to play keep-away.

Iron Fist
Lee, Long, Mishima.. they're great and all, but in case you haven't heard, Rand is the real king of the Iron Fist. Name's Danny, and if you thought one-inch punches and rekkas were sick, try punching a dragon in the loving heart. Ever since then, I've been keepin it straight Goku with my chi powerups: damage, defense, meters, whatever you need. Just cover me while I get in, and I'll take care of the rest.

Nova
OH YEAH IT’S ON NOW!!!! Alright ladies *sniff* the name’s Richard Rider (DO NOT call me Dick!) and I’m coming straight outta the Milky Way and I’m bringing the FIRE! I might look like a copy of that armored MORON or that kermit the frog looking DUMBASS but don’t be fooled, I’ve got my own sick style! If you hurt me you then BY GOD you better kill me otherwise I’m BRINGING THE PAIN RIGHT BACK TO YA!!! I can use all my red life *sniff* to power up moves like my AEGIS REFLECTOR SHIELD and my GIANT LASER SUPER!! Plus I got these sweet charging moves that send me across the screen and PUNCH THOSE FUCKHEADS IN THE FACE! YEAH!!! Pick me if you want to plow through projectiles and TAKE ‘EM DOWN!
poo poo my nose is bleeding again...

Rocket Raccoon
Oi, down here ya simpleton! Name’s Rocket Raccoon, and me Chinas and I is gonna leave Farmer Giles of bodies in our wake! Like a proper vermin I can burrow underground to avoid the rubbish the enemies toss at me. I can fly through the air using my famous Rocket Skates, shoot losers and blast off grenades, traps, and me grease gun. Pick me if you love causing pain but hate getting hit!

Frank West
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nMsYlGPweg

Nemesis
….....stars.......rrrrrrraaaaAAAAAAGGHH

Phoenix Wright
Judge: Today's defendant has been brought in on a quite severe charge: “Wrongful impersonation of a fighting game character.” Defendant, how do you plead?

Phoenix Wright: Not guilty, Your Honor!

Judge: Prosecutor, you may begin the questioning.

Edgeworth: As you wish, Your Honor. Phoenix Wright, today is not the first time you've been on the wrong side of the defendant's table. You've been involved in several murder cases before, and now you're trying to pass yourself off as a fighting game character? Ridiculous

Phoenix Wright: OBJECTION! While it's true my games have never involved a lot of action, I myself have been involved in a fair share of physical altercations. This time around, I'm using my Investigation Mode to find pieces of evidence, weeding through the bad evidence and keeping the good. I can then switch to Courtroom Mode to present the good evidence, which in turn fires off a variety of projectiles for strange unexplained reasons.

Judge: Hunting for evidence? Stance switches? This is all strange and confusing, and powerup gimmicks are pretty worthless to begin with.

Phoenix Wright: HOLD IT! Some people said the same thing about Phoenix's low life and requirement of 5 meters to enter Dark Phoenix mode, and look how that turned out! As for your other complaint, each slot of evidence is tied to one of the three main attack buttons. Hunting for evidence or throwing out bad evidence is done with Attack+S in Investigation Mode, and presenting good evidence is done the same way in Courtroom Mode. No fancy joytstick motions necessary!

Maya: Nick! Don't forget that I can help buy you time with my Maya Shield, or OTG opponents with my anime girl powers of falling down!

Edgeworth: That's all well and good, but at the end of the day it sounds like you're just gathering evidence for the sole purpose of unlocking projectiles of questionable use. If I wanted to use bad projectiles, I would just spam Chris's prone shot forever.

Phoenix Wright: There's more to this case than you expect, Edgeworth: When I have three pieces of good evidence in Courtroom Mode and land my “Objection!” command normal, I enter Turnabout Mode, where I now have access to huge ground bouncing and wall bouncing finger-pointing normals and my level 3 hyper, a 600k unscaled zero frame hyper that hits anywhere, even off the ground! TAKE THAT!

Finally, if it pleases the court, my assists include a full screen low-hitting dog and also a multi-hitting paper-reading walk which becomes fully invincible in Turnabout Mode.

Judge: I think I've heard enough to reach a verdict. On the charge of “Wrongful impersonation of a fighting game character, I declare the defendant N O T G U I L T Y!

Maya: Hooray! Now that that's over with, Nick, let's go eat some burgers!

Strider Hiryu
Dear Victor,

We’ve been apart for 8 months now, and I know you must miss me as much as I miss you. I know I refused to join you and Sentinel in MvC3 once I saw x-factor, but the pain of being away from you has become to great to bear. I see that your rocks assist does less chip, so I’ve improved my techniques and machines to pick up the slack. My previously useless moves have all been improved as well. I also have two very useful assist moves: A full Screen Wall bounce (Gram) and a Teleporting attack that will hit the enemy anywhere on the screen (Vajra). This way, even if you have to fight on point, I’ll always be by your side. My Orbs super is a level 3 now, but it lasts longer and can kill any character in X-Factor. When we’re together again, no one will stop us. Here’s to 10 more years of beautiful synergy.

-Strider Hiryu

Vergil
<+ShadowNinja64> "I hate my brother and I'm cool and have a katana"
<+ShadowNinja64> "also I want power look at my katana and my magical summoned swords"

Heroes and Heralds is a new gameplay mode set to be released as free DLC some time after the release of UMvC3 (no, we don't know when). It seems to exist primarily as a way of expanding the casual side of the game, and folds a little trading-card-game flavor into the MvC experience (with a dash of Soul Calibur's conquest mode).

You choose to fight using either a team of Heroes defending the Earth from Galactus, or as Galactus's ostensibly evil "Heralds." The mode focuses on unlocking new abilities and upgrades via a large number of "cards," then winning fights to take over territories on a global map. If you've ever thought it would be cool if they tried adding parrying to MvC3, or wished Jill's damage wasn't so goddamned embarrassing, you might find that H&H will be a fun little sandbox.

H&H is playable online and offline: the online mode takes the form of a weekly online war between factions, and each fight you win earns you a new ability card.

In addition to new content, there have been quite a few balance changes made in response to player feedback on vanilla's gameplay...

Aside from character-specific balance adjustments, some broader changes have been made to UMvC3's game engine over vanilla's. Here are the most prominent changes and some thoughts about their potential impact on the game.

• X-Factor can now be activated in the air.
This has a number of gameplay implications, but the most significant are probably 1. turning a bread-and-butter combo into a dead character is even easier than before, and 2. it's easier to prevent your incoming character from being chipped out while you're stuck in the air blocking. The latter is especially important for you Phoenix players out there (and to the rest of you, don't worry: Capcom has not been kind to her in this iteration).

• The damage and speed increases for each character while in X-Factor have been adjusted. Additionally, the damage reduction minimum while in X-Factor has been decreased from 50% in MvC3 to 35% in UMvC3, and Hyper Combos performed during X-Factor will now be subject to damage scaling.
This makes X-Factor a little less ridiculous than before. But not much.

• Lateral aerial exchanges now remove 1 bar of your opponent's super meter.
Again, two things here: 1. the decision about which direction to go for aerial exchanges is more meaningful now, with down adding meter to the offense, sides removing meter from defense, and up as a goofy wildcard for combo extension, and 2. it adds a new layer to fighting Phoenix, since you have a new tool for reducing her meter gain (or, perhaps, getting easy meter for yourself with which to snap her in, since they'll be looking for lateral aerial exchange attempts and therefore not countering down exchange attempts.. etc, etc).

• When you launch someone for an air combo by hitting S, you can now just hold down the S button to follow them into the air, instead of having to move your fat goony hand all the way to the "up" position on your joystick. Since this will inevitably gently caress up some characters' combos, you can disable this in the Options menu.
Sort of irrelevant bullshit to make new players feel better. Just turn it off.

• The window for aerial exchange counters has been adjusted, making it easier to land one.
Per Maximillian's reports, it's still not that big of a window, although frankly I don't know of anyone actually having trouble countering exchanges before anyway.

• If you land a snapback directly on an assist character, both of your opponent's assists will be unavailable for several seconds.
This adds a cool little bit of much-needed utility to snapbacks, since doublesnap relaunch infinites aren't possible like they were in MvC2.

• It is no longer possible to block during an air dash.
This is a biggie. Capcom has been vocal about their efforts to make zoning stronger in this edition, and this will be one of the biggest components of that. Airdashing in to get around projectiles is no longer a completely safe option, which will benefit new projectile-oriented characters and old lovely zoners (Arthur) alike.

• The rate of super meter gain has been universally decreased by 10%, to 90% of what it was in MvC3.
Getting meter was almost arbitrarily easy in vanilla, so hopefully this will introduce a little more meter-management back into the game.

• In MvC3, the amount of hit stun caused by assists was fixed, but in UMvC3 hit stun caused by assists will also be subject to hit stun deterioration during combos.
This is a huge blow to team Besties (Wolv/Akuma), but should have ramifications for a lot of other combo-friendly assists as well.

• For characters who have 8-way dashes, the speed on their down-back air dash has been slightly decreased.
Presumably, Capcom feels that characters with 8-way dashes have a big enough offensive advantage that having an equally strong defensive advantage was a little unfair.

Of course, in addition to these engine changes, there are a whole slew of...

This changelog was compiled from a variety of sources: some of it is official from Capcom, some is based on observations from players, and some is taken from other forums. I've tried to omit anything that seemed speculative or dubious, but if you have evidence to suggest that something here is inaccurate (or you notice something that's missing), post about it and I'll amend the log.

The forums don't allow you to name anchors within a post (gently caress you radium), so instead we're gonna do this GameFAQs style. Hit ctrl+f and search the applicable term for each character to see their list of known changes.

~*CapAm            ~*Hulk               ~*Storm              ~*Dorm

~*Dpool              ~*Tony               ~*Skrull              ~*MODOK

~*Doom              ~*Mags               ~*Task               ~*Thor

~*Jean               ~*Sent                ~*Shulk              ~*Spidey

~*Wolv               ~*Shuma             ~*X-23

~*Akuma            ~*Dog                ~*Artie                ~*Chris

~*Chun              ~*Dante              ~*Cat                 ~*Mike

~*Hsien              ~*Jill                  ~*Morr                ~*Ryu

~*Spenc              ~*Trish               ~*Tron                ~*Joe

~*Viper               ~*Wesk              ~*Zero

Trykt posted:

:megaman: UMVC3 LAUNCH DAY TOURNAMENT :megaman:

:itjb: Xbox sign-up! :itjb: | :spidey: PS3 sign-up! :spidey:

We're running it on both consoles at the same time (10PM Eastern)
Rules and stuff are on the sign-up page. It doesn't cost anything to sign-up and play but there's also no prize (this time). Any questions please just ask, either here or in the IRC channel.

By popular request I have added a rule requiring at least one new-to-UMvC3 character be a part of your team at all times for the 0-day tournament. As well as instructions on what to do if your opponent chooses a team that does not adhere to the rule.

Goons willing, we'll have a stream for one or both tournaments up for everybody to watch so you can still expect to have some fun watching (GET HYPE) even if you get knocked out early or just want to hang out and watch! Plus there's all the lobbies for casuals that are sure to spring up. Get at this!

Addendum to the above: tournaments suck without prizes. Therefore, the winner of each tournament will receive the forum upgrade of their choosing (av cert, platinum upgrade, archives access, etc.), generously provided by LightningKimba and Zexerous. Sign up while you can!

For more information about the basics of MvC3 (some of it perhaps slightly dated), see the first 3 posts of the old thread here.

Brosnan fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 14, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

~*CapAm
    + Shield Slash specials are faster and have better recovery.
    + L Shield Slash now hits OTG and it is possible to combo a super after it or relaunch.
    + Double jump has returned!
    + M/H versions of Charging Star now cause an untechable soft knockdown and their horizontal knockback increased.
    + Damage for assists β and γ has been increased.
    + Cartwheel is now invincible during startup .
    + Hyper Charging Star can be mashed for more hits/damage.
    - Medium and Hard Charging Stars have had their damage reduced.
    - Shield Slash inflicts less untechable time.
    - Opponents recover faster from knockdown after Hyper Charging Star.

~*Dpool
    + All ground normals can be cancelled into taunt.
    + Deadpool throws now cause longer knockdown time.
    + Quick Work is now Team Hyper Cancelable.
    + All specials can now be canceled into Teleport.
    + Chimichangas! can be activated from Quick Work.
    + Happy Happy Trigger can be mashed for more hits/damage.
    - Mad Wheel (Overhead) cannot be canceled anymore.
    - Bolo Loop is removed through various changes to the Bolo trap:
        * H.Ninja Gift floats lower.
        * H.Ninja Gift causes longer opponent incapacitation.
        * Incapacitation time from H. Ninja Gift decreases with combo length.

~*Dorm
    + Zoning specials start up and recover faster
    + Dark Matter (f+H) can be canceled into teleport and Dark Spells now. In fact, Dark Matter can pretty much be special canceled into any of Dormammu's special moves.
    + Increased the pushback on both of his ground Light Attacks
    + Possible improvements to dash (longer backdash, faster dash speed).
    + Ground throw now causes hard knockdown. Air throws will always do a hard knockdown now.
    + Ground chains can now go up to 3 hits.
    + c.L chains into c.H, giving Dormammu a universal hit-confirm on all characters.
    + Dark Spells can now be charged while airborne. You can only charge one per jump, and you're in recovery until landing. Doing so causes a stop in momentum similar to using Dark Hole in the air.
    + Liberation (2 red, 1 blue) in the air causes him to teleport to the ground and then perform the release, and has been changed in several ways:
        * Active from the 1st frame now, i.e., getting hit during startup will not prevent it from coming out.
        * Causes untechable knockdown
        * Rocks come out slower
        * Rock damage has been increased
    + Can now attack out of down-back airdash.
    + Chaotic Flame can be mashed for more hits/damage.
    - Flame Carpet appears slightly further out on use. Flame Carpet disappears when Dorm is hit.
    - Reduced hitstun on c.M

~*Doom
    + j.H (pew pew) is faster and has a bigger hit box.
    + Forward throw causes hard knockdown.
    + j.S moves faster vertically.
    + j.S causes a sort of bouncy hard knockdown (you can OTG for full combo follow-up, but it's not technically a ground bounce). Can be canceled into Flight to go into M&M combos, from jump or superjump.
    + Photon Array and Doom Time can be mashed for more hits/damage.
    - Photon Shots in the air have fewer frames.

~*Hulk
    + New charge move: Incredible Punch -- charges up a straight punch which has some super armor and wall bounces on hit. Can follow up with OTG move/assist. Does damage on block and can be cancelled out of while charging into any of his specials (even command throw). Easily chainable from a variety of L/M normals.
    + Gamma Charge has higher priority.
    + Ground Gamma Charge has super armor. Second charge pops opponents up higher.
    + Medium version of anti-air Gamma Charge's second charge causes wall bounce.
    + Gamma Wave's charge time decreased.
    + Gamma Tornado's damage increased to 200K

~*Tony
    + Speed increased on ground unibeam.
    + Repulsor Blast/Spread activate faster.
    + Commands input during Repulsor Blast are fixed on the direction Iron Man is facing (prevents you from crossing yourself up with reversed inputs).
    + Repulsor Spread now causes hard knockdown (can follow up with Smart Bomb -> Proton Cannon).
    + Repulsor Spread is now done by just hitting H after Repulsor Blast.
    + Total frames for ground Smart Bombs reduced and damage increased.
    + Air normals are now cancelable into dashes, allowing new flight/dash cancel combos à la Magneto.
    + Flight cancel is faster.
    + H and j.S hitboxes improved.
    + c.H is now special cancelable, even into flight.
    + c.H now chains into S, making ground series much easier.
    + Proton Cannon and Iron Avenger can be mashed for more hits/damage.
    +/- Damage scaling seems to have been tweaked. Scaling has been reduced on normals, but increased on specials.
    - Repulsor Spread has lower priority.
    - Opponents can tech sooner after Smart Bomb hits than before.
    - Triangle jump/air dash mechanics reworked: air dashes now have "acceleration" time, which essentially nerfs Iron Man's trijump game to balance out his improvements in other areas.
    - Double jump removed (combos are more likely to be based on flight/dash cancels now).

~*Mags
    + New moves: Fatal Attraction, Repulsion, and Reverse Polarity. Used to control opponent's movement on the screen (pull them toward you, push them away, or keep them in place, respectively).
    - Air dash speed reduced. Slightly affects some midscreen ROM combos. Triangle jumps are slightly slower.
    - J.H pushes enemies away more and combined with the dash reduction, combos are harder to do. Grav loop still works in the corner but you get less repetitions. Other fly cancel/air dash loops like the Magnetic Blast loops aren't as reliable or just may not be possible anymore.
    - st.H no longer causes untechable knockdown.
    - Total frames for L. and M. Disruptor have been increased, and blockstun decreased. Still really good, but less abuseable.
    - Magnetic Tempest no longer has invulnerability on start up.
    + Magnetic Tempest and Gravity Squeeze can be mashed for more hits/damage.

~*MODOK
    + Air normals can be canceled into air dashes.
    + Killer Illumination can be mashed for more hits/damage.

~*Jean
    - Health reduced from 420,000 to 375,000 (lol). Mags level 3 will now kill Phoenix from full health.
    - Air TK Shot prevents any further actions in that jump. No more multiple fireballs, no more fireball into teleport.
        * You can still do two actions per flight, so air H shot --> teleport works if you're in flight mode first.
    - Air H Shot seems to have longer start up and slower recovery. Air M Shot is pretty much the same. Air L Shot has faster recovery.
    - TK Shots and Traps disappear if Phoenix is hit.
    - c.M range slightly decreased.
    - Teleporting from flight mode no longer maintains flight post-teleport, removing her ability to do nearly-invisible instant overheads from teleport.

~*Sent
    + Overall speed (rocket punch recovery, c.M recovery, etc.) seems to be increased.
    + Plasma Storm can be mashed for more hits/damage.
    +/- When drone assist hits from behind the opponent, knockback is reversed as well so that they will be knocked towards the point character.
    - Sentinel drones have been sped up and are now a true block string.
    - Launcher property changed from Hyper Armor to Super Armor.
    - Opponent can tech more quickly after Rocket Punch (makes air combo -> L Rocket Punch -> HSF less reliable).
    - Health rounded down to 900K

~*Shulk
    + New move: Savage Swing, causes wall bounce on impact. Has considerable start up and recovery, but can be canceled into Runner stance for follow-up options.
    + Emerald Cannon now makes her jump forward a bit. Easier to connect after a DHC.
    + If no commands are input for a moment after Runner's Start, a Chariot with super armor properties can be activated.
    + Hitting an airborne opponent with Clothesline causes a wall bounce (allows new combo options after OTG Torpedo).
    + Torpedo from Runner's Start transitions faster.
    + Clothesline from Runner's Start transitions faster.
    + Taking Out the Trash can be mashed with the directional inputs (spin the stick) for more damage.
    +/- She Hulk is a "heavier character" now, i.e. she drops faster from the air, etc.
    - Opponent is knocked away farther when hit by Torpedo.
    - c.H slide distance reduced.
    - c.L cannot be rapid-fire canceled into itself.

~*Shuma
    + Normal throw now steals opponent's health and super meter.
    + Devitilization has faster start up.
    +/- Knockdown properties on jumping S have been changed. j.S is now untechable and OTG property has been removed.
    + Hyper Mystic Smash and Chaos Dimension can be mashed for more hits/damage.

~*Spidey
    + Web Glide travels faster than before.
    + Web Glide can OTG.
    + All specials can now be canceled into Web Glide.
    + Crawler Assault causes untechable knockdown, and can be followed up with Web Glide OTG -> Maximum Spider.
    + Total frames for Crawler Assault have been decreased.
    + Can now do air Web Swing from ground Web Swing.
    + Web Throw properties changed; now easier to follow up with Maximum Spider.
    + Crawler Assault can be mashed for more hits/damage.
    + Ultimate Web Throw can be mashed with the directional inputs (spin the stick) for more damage.
    +/- Ultimate Web Throw attack direction has been changed to the side.
    - Web Throw is now subject to damage scaling.

~*Storm
    + New moves: Fair Wind and Foul Wind. Pulls opponents toward you or pushes them away, respectively. Slower than Magneto's, but with greater effect in terms of movement. Also useable on opponents who are knocked down.
    + All supers can be mashed for more hits/damage.

~*Skrull
    + Stone Dunk hitbox increased.
    + Meteor Smash can now be done in the air.
    + Death Penalty now automatically brings you to the opponent.
    + Orbital Grudge super armor activates faster.
    + Inferno can be mashed for more hits/damage.
    +/- Orbital Grudge floats opponents higher

~*Task
    + New move: Sting Master. Can be linked after Shield Charge.
    + Web Swing can be canceled into specials and supers.
    + All Legion Arrow supers can be mashed for more hits/damage.
    +/- Shield Charge knockback increased, but opponent float reduced.
    - Decreased minimum damage scaling on his normals and supers.
    - H. Aim Master float reduced, impairing Taskmaster's ability to do long combos with his own OTG relaunches.
    - Legion Arrow damage now scales properly in combos. Raw damage on the super itself is the same, but you will see a substantial difference in how much it does at the end of a combo now.
    - Aim Master damage decreased.

~*Thor
    + Range on Mighty Hurricane (ground and air) increased. Active throw frames have been increased for all strengths.
    + Opponent's untechable time after Mighty Spark has increased.
    + Slightly larger hitboxes on L, j.L, Mighty Spark (Mjolnir itself, before the beam), and Mighty Smash.
    + Mighty Spark may have faster startup and more active frames. This, along with the increased hitbox on startup, makes it less safe to jump in on him.
    + Mighty Strike charges faster and total frames reduced, allowing combo follow-ups.
    + Reduced knockback for standing M.
    + Mighty Smash H charges faster.
    + Increased minimum damage scaling on all normals and specials.
    + Mighty Punish is invincible from the 1st frame, has increased advantage time, and has longer active throw frames.
    + Mighty Tornado can be mashed for more hits/damage.

~*Wolv
    + All supers are mashable for more hits/damage.
    +/- New move: Berserker Charge (aka Swiss Cheese), done by rapidly pressing L. Can combo into a launcher with it, but interferes with bad players' ability to mash c.L looking for a hitconfirm (maybe intentionally).
    +/- Berserker Charge command input priority changed to the lowest among his supers (helps if you had issues with it coming out accidentally, I guess).
    - Berserker Slash invincibility has been removed.
    - Dive Kick hitbox reduced. It loses clean to some launchers and anti-airs now.
    - j.L hitbox reduced. May no longer be useable as an instant overhead.

~*X-23
    + Weapon X Prime has faster startup, such that X-23 can solo OTG into it.
    + Air specials can be canceled into Talon Attack.
    + Rage Trigger horizontal knockback increased.
    + Rage Trigger can be mashed for more hits/damage.
    +/- Crescent Scythe floats higher on hit.
    - Crescent Scythe untechable time on hit decreased.

~*Akuma
    + Demon Flip can now be used in the air. This means that you can end air series with demon flip M for an easy ground bounce -> relaunch.
    + All supers can be mashed for more hits/damage.
    - Tatsu has lower priority and greater horizontal knockback.
    - Tatsu assist is no longer a soft knockdown, so it's a bit more difficult to extend combos with it (no more easy Besties combos).
    - Light Tatsu can't be death-chained in XF3 anymore.
    - Health slightly lowered to 750k.

~*Dog
    + Can switch weapons in the air now.
    + Increased active frames of c.M.
    + Increased active frames of charged Thunder Edge.
    + Sword portion of Glaive Chop causes knockdown.
    + Divine Instruments (L3) super can be mashed for more hits/damage.
    - Decreased untechable time of Assist β (Cold Star).
    - Decreased hit stun time on all normal attacks (L,M,H).
    - Decreased hit box size of M and c.M.

~*Artie
    + Health increased to 850,000.
    + j.S fall speed increased (makes OTG after air series easier, and helps him start combos more easily, in case you decide to do a combo with Arthur).
    + j.S can OTG.
    + Added startup invincibility to Heavenly Slash.
    + Increased untechable time for first hit of Hellbound Slash.
    + Projectiles seem to have faster startup.
    + Goddess' Bracelet can be mashed for more hits/damage.

~*Chris
    + Can act immediately after a dash (i.e. now has a proper wavedash).
    + Decreased startup of j.S and increased active frames.
    + Normal gun moves are now empty cancelable into other specials. E.G., you can now OTG c.H into Magnum shot easily.
    + Decreased gap of Prone Shot.
    + Machinegun portion of Sweep Combo can OTG.
    + Increased active frames of Shot Gun.
    + Minimum damage scaling on specials has been increased.
    +/- c.H floats opponents higher.
    - Decreased damage on Shot Gun.
    - Decreased untechable time of first hit of Combination Punch H.

~*Chun
    + New move: EX Spinning Bird Kick. Comes out instantly and has invincibility (similar to EX SBK in SF4), but has to be charged. L/M/H versions.
    + M and c.M can be jump canceled.
    + Can now act after Air Tenshokyaku recovery.
    + Lowered arc of Air Tenshokyaku L.
    + Increased untechable time from last hit of Tenshokyaku.
    + Slightly increased priority of Hyakuretsukyaku.
    + Yosokyaku can OTG.
    + Kikoanken is easier to perform.
    + Kikosho hyper can be mashed for more hits/damage.

~*Viper
    + New move: Optic Laser. Charged with attack buttons (like Zero's Mega Buster). Can only be released on the ground. Super cancelable.
    + Increased feint input timing slightly for L and M versions of Thunder Knuckle.
    - Slightly decreased forward moving range of Thunder Knuckle M.
    - Untechable time from Thunder Knuckle H decreases with combo length.

~*Dante
    + Commands that were performed through repetitive joystick motions can now be done with a single additional button press (no more rekkas).
    + During Devil Trigger, Dante can now triple jump and double air dash.
    + Million Dollars can be mashed for more hits/damage.
    +/- Increased knockback for all moves (makes timing for many combos more strict).
    +/- Adjusted histun time and float heights for all moves.
    - Increased invicibility frame startup on The Hammer, and decreased total invincibility frames.
    - Decreased minimum damage scaling on all normals and specials.
    - Hitboxes decreased on L and M (makes L a weaker anti-air).
    - Decreased float of Clay Pigeon.
    - Decreased cancel time during startup of Bold Move.
    - Decreased damage of Volcano-Beehive, and slightly increased horizontal knockback.

~*Cat
    + Delta Kick can be done in the air.
    + Third hit of Air Delta Kick causes ground bounce.
    + Sand Splash can OTG.
    + Decreased total frames of Sand Splash (all versions).
    + Dancing Flash can be mashed for more hits/damage.
    + Please Help Me can be mashed for more hits/damage.
    +/- Rolling Buckler no longer automatically tracks opponent's position.
    - Toy Touch is now subject to hitstun decay.
    - Decreased total frames of Kitty's Helper

~*Mike
    + c.H causes knockdown and can OTG.
    + Haggar falls faster after an air throw.
    + Now has some start up invincibility on Rapid Fire Fist.
    + Rapid Fire Fist can be mashed for more hits/damage.
    + Final Haggar Buster can be mashed for more hits/damage via joystick rotation.
    - Assist α (Double Lariat) has a few frames of vulnerability during startup now. Still beats out most things, but will lose to stuff like beam supers.
    - Double Lariat assist is now only a soft knockdown. Still causes hard knockdown on point.

~*Hsien
    + Reduced startup of c.M and decreased active frames.
    + Jump attacks cause slightly less float.
    + Rantetsu can chain combo into Edoga.
    + Increased untechable time from Edoga.
    + Some players noted that her damage scaling and startup on some moves seems improved, making gong loops and combos easier.
    +/- New projectiles added to the randomized pool for Anki Hou:
        * Oil drum. No special effect.
        * Hunk of meat. No special effect.
        * Samurai doll/cat doll. Causes stagger.
        * Chris's stun rod. Causes electrified stagger.
        * Snowman. Causes fake freeze effect, à la Ammy's Cold Star.

~*Jill
    +/- All attacks float a little higher.
    - Slightly decreased forward moving range of cr.M.
    - Slightly reduced hit box sizes of all jumping attacks.
    - Seth hinted in interviews that Mad Beast is being tweaked for the worse, but no specifics are known.

~*Morr
    + New move: Soul Drain. Fireball that steals about 1/3 of opponent's meter. Has a long startup, making it unrealistic to use in combos.
    + j.H, j.S priority has been slightly increased.
    + Increased frame advantage after all her throws.
    + Increased damage of Soul Fist.
    + Increased untechable time on hit from Soul Fist.
    + Astral Vision is much faster on startup. Clone's Soul Drain fireball DOES steal meter as well as your own.
    + Finishing Shower has faster startup, faster missile travel speed, and you can control their trajectory much more than before. E.G., you can swerve them up, then down on top of a crouching opponent, as opposed to the slight slant from vanilla.
    + Minimum height/frames for her airdashes has been decreased; allows better rushdown and mixup opportunities at close range.
    - Soul Fist is now subject to hitstun deterioration.
    - Decreased overall frames during flight mode

~*Ryu
    + New moves: Ren Hadouken, Baku Hadouken, Hado Shoryuken.
        * Baku Hadouken (qcf+S) can be charged by holding S. Essentially a powered-up fireball: at full charge, it moves instantly across the screen and causes wallbounce. At medium charge, hard knockdown. At low charge, won't make it full-screen.
        * Ren Hadouken (qcf+SSSSSS) is a variation that allows you to stream fireballs by continuing to mash S.
        * Hado Shoryuken (srk+S) can also be charged, similar to his new fireball. Has better anti-air properties than standard SRK and shoots a vertical fireball at the end (sorry, Cyclops fans).
    + New super: Hadou Kakusei.
        * Buffs the gently caress out of Ryu for a very short period (~5 sec).
        * All his supers become supercharged while in this mode: shinkuu hadouken bounces off walls, shinkuu tatsumaki senpuukyaku becomes a huge tornado, etc.
        * His movement speed increases, and his standard hadouken gains extremely high durability.
        * Buffs remain in place upon tagging out.
    + Can act immediately after a dash, allowing true wavedashing and easier followup after wall bounce.
    + Collarbone Breaker is now cancelable (so you can combo an overhead into a launcher).
    + Minimum damage scaling on normals increased.
    + All versions of his hadouken and tatsu supers can be mashed for more hits/damage.

~*Spenc
    + New move: Bionic Bomber. An air move that drops him down and OTGs, allowing for combo followups (because Spencer needed more ways to do that).
    + Increased movement speed of Zip Line.
    + Slightly decreased initial startup of Armor Piercer.
    +/- Spencer will float higher during Zip Kick.

~*Trish
    + Chain combo M -> c.M -> c.H or H is now possible.
    + Low Voltage projectiles have faster startup.
    + Air Maximum Voltage now hits OTG.
    + Maximum Voltage can be mashed for more hits/damage.
    - Can perform Hopscotch, Peekaboo, and Round-Trip only once each per jump.
    - Decreased total frames of Air Raid.

~*Tron
    + Increased down time from normal throw.
    + Servbot Launcher can be rapid-fired up to three times in a row.
    + Can cancel out of Bandit Boulder after throwing the rocks.
    + Increased minimum damage scaling of special attacks.
    + Fixed Bonne Mixer and Shakedown Mixer so they can come out on an empty cancel.
    + King Servbot can be mashed for more hits/damage.
    + Shakedown Mixer can be mashed for more hits/damage via joystick rotation.
    +/- Gustaff Fire assist has been nerfed, and is now vulnerable on startup. On point, however, it's now bufferable/cancelable, so you can launch from it.
    +/- Lowered float of ground Bonne Strike.
    - j.H causes greater knockback (makes it harder to hitconfirm into combo). Can still follow up if you land drill after it.
    - Air Bonne Strike and the first part of Bandit Boulder are now subject to hitstun deterioration.

~*Joe
    + New move: V-Dodge. Full invincibility, but has vulnerability on recovery, so canceling it into specials or supers is the idea.
    + Reduced hit box while in the air.
    + Increased priority on j.S.
    + Slightly increased range of ground normal throws.
    + Air Desperado can now hit OTG.
    + Reduced total frames of Shocking Pink.
    + Shocking Pink will not explode when sliding between buttons and it cannot be juggled.
    + Mach Speed hyper can be mashed for more damage/hits.

~*Wesk
    + Damage and speed increase as his sunglasses get damaged. Roughly, sunglasses cracked = +5% speed, +10% damage; sunglasses broken = +10% speed, +15% damage. Glasses reset to normal after Phantom Dance or tagout.
    + Decreased startup of j.M.
    + Phantom Move can be performed after Cobra Strike.
    + Decreased startup time of Jaguar Dash and increased active frames.
    + Increased damage of Jaguar Kick.
    + Increased hitbox of Tiger Uppercut L and M.
    + Opponent cannot tech after wall bounce from Tiger Uppercut M and H.
    + Increased invincibility frame startup of Rhino Charge.
    + Additional damage scaling is added after a successful Rhino Charge, so damage is decreased more on extra hits.
    + Lost in Nightmares can be mashed for more hits/damage.
    - Health decreased to 1,000,000.
    - Decreased float of Samurai Edge (Horizontal Fire).
    - Adjusted untechable time for all versions of Samurai Edge. Many combos involving gunshots have been altered or don't work anymore (including XF gun loop). Also makes it harder to follow up with combos after random air gunshot hits.
    - Backwards air throw pushes the opponent all the way to the corner making it harder to follow up

~*Zero
    + Health increased to 830,000.
    + Can now cancel ALL specials into level 3 Buster. Allows him to self-OTG by doing Sentsuizan xx Buster.
    + Can charge his Buster before the fight starts.
    + Raikousen will go behind an opponent in the corner.
    + Angle changed on Sentsuizan H. Generally seems easier to relaunch with assists or use for ambiguous crossups.
    - Decreased hit stun time on all normals (L,M,H).
    - Applied a limit on the number of air Hyper Zero Blasters that can be done in one jump.
    - Level 3 Buster now causes soft knockdown (was hard knockdown previously).
    - Ground recovery time increased after Sentsuizan.
    - Slightly increased horizontal air knockback from Shippuga (makes Shippuga loop not really work anymore).
    - Sogenmu D-Loop is removed, as the moves come out quicker (doesn't OTG -> launch anymore.)

Brosnan fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Nov 13, 2011

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will never get tired of reading Vergil's description, great OP.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
And the leaked alt costumes!

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So, may as well repost.

Is it true that Virgil's normals negate projectiles? Because if so, what the hell, Capcom.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

legoman727 posted:

So, may as well repost.

Is it true that Virgil's normals negate projectiles? Because if so, what the hell, Capcom.

Some of Iron fist's normals negate projectiles as well.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Best OP. Best thread. It's time to unleash all our Ultimates (On Tuesday. Where's Trykt with our goon tourney dates!?)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm just gonna repost the Chun completely not-practical, but cool infinite here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6oHL9toCoY&feature=player_embedded

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I will never get tired of reading Vergil's description, great OP.

It's infinitely better than the serious attempt I gave it. Good show, Brosnan.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
SCARLET SPIDER-MAN :fap: :fap: :fap:

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Can we go back to protips on reliably doing the DP motion? I don't quite "get it" yet.

Also, as I have the game early, I'd be happy to help people answer any questions.

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

Cool OP, shout out to the picture of 3s Akuma.

I'm lookin forward to Friday when this comes out in the UK- I'm planning on playing Nova/Strange/Spencer in that order- hopefully I can make it work. From what I can tell Strange's beta assist is pretty beast.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Good thread title, straight to the :megaman: point. I was tired of that Soujah title too.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Can we go back to protips on reliably doing the DP motion? I don't quite "get it" yet.

I always done it as moving forward, then mashing down to down-forward + Atk, and it seemed to work reliably for me in Marvel since I worked on it. That's just me though.

And I can't seem to get the idea out of my head of everything Vergil says as Liquid Snake.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
That's a fantastic OP, good job.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ten more years months!

Also, I don't remember this getting posted in the last thread but Maximillian posted his videos for Capcom side of the cast changes (Part 2) and Capcom mashable hypers.

Brother Entropy fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Nov 13, 2011

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I have a question, what DLCs from the old game carry over? I see the two DLC characters and the alt costume page shows the lone one from MvC3, but do you still have to buy them, or they are included?

Sears Poncho
Oct 8, 2011
Missed out on MvC 3 the first time around, but I'm super excited about this. Hopefully I'll put in some work and be non-scrubby at a fighter for once.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Also, as I have the game early, I'd be happy to help people answer any questions.

The way I think of it is forward, then quarter circle forward.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

I'm not particularly good, but I'm liking Zero/Wesker/Vergil so far. Gonna learn some more characters over the weekend.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Draw a Z with the stick.

Rirse posted:

I have a question, what DLCs from the old game carry over? I see the two DLC characters and the alt costume page shows the lone one from MvC3, but do you still have to buy them, or they are included?

If you bought Jill/Shuma in vanilla mvc3, they're unlocked in ultimate. I didn't buy any costumes so I dunno about those.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

On a pad, f, df, d, df, f gets me a DP reliably. On a stick, just draw a Z. That's even how it's represented in SFIV's movelists.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Rirse posted:

If you purchased Shuma and Jill in MvC3, you will have them in UMvC3. You will also have their alternate costume right away as well, no extra charge.

If you purchased the 6 alternate outfits released for MvC3 (Ryu, Chris, Dante, CapAm, Thor, and Iron Man), you will have those in UMvC3 as well.

If you purchased none of that stuff, you have to buy it to have it in UMvC3.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The dragon punch is forward, down, down forward. Or, if your stick has a number pad, 623.

republic
Aug 15, 2004

FUN FOR THE FUN GOD
FRIENDS FOR THE FRIENDSHIP THRONE

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

For what it's worth, what helped me a bit with getting used to the execution of DPs was when my roommate explained to me that it helped him to visualize the DP motion as just a forward, quarter circle forward input (6236). It seems to yield better results for me (sometimes) when I try to keep that in mind as well.

Edit: EFB

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

You do a Z motion on a stick. It's literally just a Z. Start at neutral and then draw a Z. Neutral, forward, down, down forward. If you cannot get it reliably like that then do a derp Z instead, a Z with a huge bottom line. Neutral, forward, down back, down, down forward.

If you are just starting out on a stick make sure you feel out your corners and walls before play/if you start to have trouble. You can learn to stop rubbing the walls at a later date, just concentrate on getting the input consistent for now.

And, this is the most important thing so I started this sentence with AND; take your time, don't rush, calm down and try to be accurate rather than fast. You can speed up after you've gotten consistent.

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

(Insert stupid MMO name here.)

Revitalized posted:

And the leaked alt costumes!

It's like they love to piss off the Mega Man fans (which I fully approve).

I love Firebrand's alt, and it's neat that you can roll with an Arthur in boxers. I wonder how that would work with damage properties and his King's armor when it runs out?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

If you purchased Shuma and Jill in MvC3, you will have them in UMvC3. You will also have their alternate costume right away as well, no extra charge.

If you purchased the 6 alternate outfits released for MvC3 (Ryu, Chris, Dante, CapAm, Thor, and Iron Man), you will have those in UMvC3 as well.

So early Galactus mode is the only real mvc3 reward?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Cool, I bought both of those the other day, but I got confused and had to confirm that I didn't make a mistake buying them.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Revitalized posted:

That, and Jill/Shuma's DLC costumes are immediately unlocked and free if you have the characters.

Schmendrick posted:

It's like they love to piss off the Mega Man fans (which I fully approve).

I love Firebrand's alt, and it's neat that you can roll with an Arthur in boxers. I wonder how that would work with damage properties and his King's armor when it runs out?

His Armor is the regular armor. His "boxers" is him running around as a loving skeleton.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
It should be said that Maximilian's Assist Me videos are great for viewing the new changes and characters.

As for the Shoryuken motion, on a stick it's really simple especially on a square gate which is standard on the TE sticks and most other sticks. Just hit the right side of the gate, move towards down, and then end at the corner at down-right and press the attack button. Then learn how to do the motion reliably without riding the gate constantly. Practice on both sides too.

And man, I can't wait for this game to come out. Rocking Hawkeye/Wright/Nova day 1. :rock:

Revitalized posted:

Yeah, otherwise it's unlocked at 30k PP.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Schmendrick posted:

It's the cursed armor. Instead of going boxers-grey armor-gold armor, the DLC costume is skeleton-boxers-cursed armor.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

While we're still on page 1, BradyGames is putting out the UMvC3 strategy guide, and it will be fantastic. The MvC3 guide was so good that people called it 'The Bible', and the UMvC3 guide is even better. It helps that high-level Marvel players like Buktooth and clockw0rk helped out on the guide. You can check out 4 sections of the guide (Ryu, Strider, Wolverine, and Dr. Strange) as a free teaser at this link: http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2011/11/11/ultimate_marvel_vs_capcom_3_gets_an_ultimate_guide

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I didn't even know about Hulk's "Incredible Punch" til now. Sounds like a lot of characters got worthwhile buffs; hopefully Thor won't be trashtier because come on, he's loving Thor. Great job on detailing all the changes :hf:

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

(Insert stupid MMO name here.)

flatluigi posted:

It's the cursed armor. Instead of going boxers-grey armor-gold armor, the DLC costume is skeleton-boxers-cursed armor.

Is the cursed armor the Samurai one from the psp game? I can't wait to see the skeleton model in action!

Any word if Firebrand's titles are based off cards like Red Arremer King/Ace/Joker when you unlock them from Mission/Arcade mode?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
You forgot to link the old OP.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I feel obligated to buzzkill that X-23 was always able to combo solo into Weapon-X Prime after OTG, but it was Sentinel-only (and it's still Sentinel and possibly Nemesis-only in Ultimate).

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Somebody mentioned that the Spiderman Phoenix kill setups no longer work. Is that true, and if so can somebody who has the game test the following things:

When you kill Phoenix with a Maximum Spider, can you still DHC into Hail Storm late in the Dark Phoenix super freeze?

Can she air x factor and teleport out of it?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Here's a Youtube Channel with about 30 minutes of casual matches and 9/12 Mission Modes for the new dudes, although the guy doesn't necessarily complete all the missions: http://www.youtube.com/user/HeartlessOmega

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tickle Me Chelmno posted:

Somebody mentioned that the Spiderman Phoenix kill setups no longer work. Is that true, and if so can somebody who has the game test the following things:

When you kill Phoenix with a Maximum Spider, can you still DHC into Hail Storm late in the Dark Phoenix super freeze?

Can she air x factor and teleport out of it?

Well, if she can air X-Factor will she even need to teleport? No chip damage during X-Factor and all.

soonmide
Sep 10, 2006

yo why the gently caress isn't this thread's subtitle Stone's Big Dunk Decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
So is there a Google Doc or something of XBL/PSN info of goons who are going to play UMvC3?

• Locked thread